F2P offline games for phone?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Zenn7

F2P offline games for phone?

Post by Zenn7 »

Upgraded my very low end phone to a slightly better phone (LG Phoenix 4, 16 GB w/ 32 GB SD card installed).

I play Gems of War for when I'm online, but some places, no cell reception. Looking for a fun to play once in a while game or two for these rare occasions. I like strategy games, but it's not a huge phone (guessing 4in screen?) so that limits the options a little. I'm open to other simple RPG games or something (thinking things like Warhammer Quest or Knights of Pen and Paper that I can play once in a while, easy to play, I won't get lost not playing every day).

Old phone only had 8 GB and the default apps that all kept reinstalling when I deleted them at up about 7 GB. I had to delete them a few times to make enough room to update Gems of War (only had Weight Watchers app for wife and an authenticator app for work installed besides GoW and default apps).

Any other highly recommended apps F2P apps besides games? Thinking to get tap-a-talk for ease of accessing the formula. Ad suggested forums might load quicker w/ tap-a-talk than the built in chrome browser.
hitbyambulance

Re: F2P offline games for phone?

Post by hitbyambulance »

Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

That looks good, I'll give it a shot.

Open to other suggestions as well. :)
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

If you're not averse to roguelikes, Shattered Pixel Dungeon is a terrific open source RPG that's playable offline (IIRC).
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Battle of Polytopia is a great little mini version of Civilization. I believe it’s free as long as you resist buying extra factions.