Ghost Recon Wildlands

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: Ghost Recon Wildlands

Post by Isgrimnur »

Production and el jefe finished off yesterday. Debating about a 100% attempts, especially since there's a bug on one of the skill points that makes it impossible to retrieve.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

After 57 hours of solo play I've reached the point where I can now go directly after El Sueño, but I've only completed 80% of the missions and there are a bunch of collectibles out there with my name on them (assuming my name is "This End Up" :D) so I'm going to just keep doing missions and getting stuff till either I get to all of them or I burn out. I'm not going to bother with all the skills, I just am tired of jumping convoys.

I did have one funny thing happen in the game. I took a 200m+ sniper shot at a sniper on a tower. I missed and the guy started running down the tower steps. As he circled around he reached the next landing and as I watched in my scope, he went right over the railing and did a nice arc to the ground :shock: . Never had that happen before.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

jztemple2 wrote:After 57 hours of solo play I've reached the point where I can now go directly after El Sueño, but I've only completed 80% of the missions and there are a bunch of collectibles out there with my name on them (assuming my name is "This End Up" :D) so I'm going to just keep doing missions and getting stuff till either I get to all of them or I burn out.
After 29 hours of solo play I have finished the story with both good and bad endings. I immediately uninstalled without a thought for the other activities I could pursue.

The downside of this resolve is that now I have nothing to play this weekend.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

79.4 hours played, 880 Gamerscore, 100% complete.
Brian

Post by Brian »

Helicopter flew over my house this morning and I started to hunch down in anticipation of hearing, "Unidad chopper, get down!"

Good thing nobody was around to ask me what the hell I was doing.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Just equip the grenade launcher and take it out.

I will admit to wanting to shoot out the four-bulb light rigs that the road crews are using for their night work. And the occasional cell tower, but the power box doesn't sparkle for me to identify it. :(
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New update coming in a few hours... Ghost Recon Wildlands Tier 1 mode raises the level cap
Ghost Recon Wildlands players will have access to a new mode coming to the game tomorrow with the debut of Title Update 5.

In addition to raising the level cap past 30, players will be able to access the Tier 1 mode with other balance updates and bug fixes coming as well. Unfortunately, there isn’t much information out in the wild currently surrounding what all the update entails, other than the fact that it will add “increased difficulty and new rewards,” according to a Q&A session with the Wildlands team over at PVPLive.

The update will be added after server maintenance is et to begin at 12 AM PST on June 28, requiring a three hour window to complete in its entirety, which will only affect online and matchmaking play. The patch is set to take about 7.42 GB to download on PC, with patch notes coming live after the update is pushed.

If you’re looking for a more challenging outing with Ghost Recon Wildlands, this is likely the push you’ve been waiting for.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
KDH

Post by KDH »

:violence-rapidfire: :violence-rocket: ... Ghost Recon Wildlands ... Ghost War .. PvP .. Open Beta Coming Soon

this will be a true open beta, as it will not require ownership of Ghost Recon Wildlands to participate. Here's word on the testing:

Ubi-Speak
Get ready to return to Bolivia, because Ghost War – the new PvP mode for Ghost Recon Wildlands – is coming in a free update this fall, with a 4v4 team deathmatch open beta on all platforms later this summer. In the new Ghost War mode, teams will fight to get a foothold in the country after the fall of the Santa Blanca Cartel. These teams will choose from a roster of specialized classes, including Scout, Sniper, Tank, and more. Each class will have its own strengths, weaknesses, and dedicated perks, so players will have to consider their combat strategy and pick a team composition that supports their playstyle. They will then take to the battlefield in open-environment maps, ranging from mountains and deserts to jungles and forests. As matches play out in all kinds of weather and at all times of day, players will have to marshal their knowledge of the Wildlands to help them claim victory.
Players looking to get a slice of the action before launch can join an open beta that will be available on all platforms later this summer. For the latest beta info, visit ghostrecon.com
Ain't nobody got time for that
KDH

Post by KDH »

:twisted: ... In case you're one of those dirty-bird console users ... Ghost Recon Wildlands – Free Trial Available Now ... on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One ... ONLY
Ghost Recon Wildlands challenges players to explore a fictional version of Bolivia as they set out to take down the Santa Blanca cartel. If you have yet to step into this huge open world, now’s the perfect time to get your feet wet by downloading a free five-hour trial of the full game on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.

During your first five hours in Ghost Recon Wildlands, you’ll get full access to the entire massive open world, which can be experienced solo or with up to three of your friends in co-op. Co-op play (which requires PlayStation Plus or Xbox Live Gold) extends to those who own the full game as well as the trial, meaning you can team up with new friends or veteran Ghosts. You’ll also have several options to start dismantling the cartel, as you can head in any direction the minute that your boots touch the ground. Any progress made during the trial will also transfer to the full game, if you decide five hours isn’t enough.

Download the trial from the Ghost Recon Wildlands page on the Xbox Store or PlayStation Store (links in the blog post)
KDH

Post by KDH »

In case you're one of those elite PC users .. or .. a dirty-bird console user .. UBI-Blog announces:

Ghost Recon Wildlands – Play for Free This Weekend .. (pre-load on thursday)
From October 12 at 12:00am PDT through October 16 at 12:00am PDT*, you can download the full game for free and explore all that Ghost Recon Wildlands has to offer on PC, Xbox One**, and PS4** (PS4 players can pre-load on 10/10, PC players can pre-load on Uplay on 10/11). That means a gorgeous open world full of diverse ecosystems and thrilling missions for you to take on in single-player, or with a squad of up to four co-op players. That means a wide array of weapons, abilities, and vehicles that let you tackle each situation using whatever strategy you choose. And as of this week, that means the new Ghost War 4v4 team deathmatch mode.
a few more words at the link than I chiseled on this tablet
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I finally got around to finishing the campaign today. I really enjoyed the game, but good lord the timed leg of that final mission is so bullshit.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Just saw this:
Ghost Recon Wildlands’ next free update is out July 24. Special Operations 2 will include a Ghost Mode featuring permadeath, as well as an option to turn off AI companions and travel the world completely alone. Ubisoft is also overhauling the Prestige credit economy so they can be earned in the campaign.

This might be the single biggest game changer (sorry) for me.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

My son started playing and, whoops, didn't realize he was playing a lvl 22 dude of mine, so now he's unlocked a bunch of stuff and done a bunch of missions that I haven't seen yet.

Not sure I care, not sure when or if I was going to get back to the game. I mean, I intended to get back to it, but so many shiny things out there to distract me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

OO should get together for a coop session perhaps.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Found a good tweak guide for folks with a GTX 950 like me. Hope it helps someone else.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Well I have no idea what that tweakguide was I found as I dont seem to have posted the link. And I also dont have one in my bookmarks. Great.

Anyways...

1. Can you alter or improve your squads loadout? their weapons? If not do they do it themselves are do they just keep using the crap they start with?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

This past weekend Wildands was free to play. Since the boy and I had finished up Supraland and I had lost interest in Vermintide 2 we decided to try it out. We'd read that the way co-op works is pretty much the best you could expect (drop in/out, progress counts for all players wherever possible) and found that to be accurate. I had a level 29 ghost from my playthrough at release but decided to create a new character so we could start from zero together.

The worst thing about the game is that the freaking crouch/cover and vault controls are reversed between this and The Division 2, which we had been playing a lot recently and I keep jumping on top of things instead crouching behind them when I am under fire. Otherwise we are having a lot of fun. If we don't *need* to go in quiet, we fly in with a minigun equipped heli and I jump out and mark targets and he just unloads while I take out any indoor targets. On quieter missions he is a pretty good sniper.

By the end of the free weekend we had cleared about half the map. I had never played the DLC and it looks like the Ultimate Edition was the best deal there with all edition being 70% off, but the DLC only being 50% off, so now we both have the ultimate edition which basically means a bunch of extra weapons that we will never use. Hopefully we get to the DLC before he loses interest.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Jag

Post by Jag »

Tried this during the free weekend. Will probably pick it up for $15 for single player. I played a ton of Far Cry lately, burning through FC5 and FC New Dawn one after the other and this plays very much like a much prettier and realistic version of Far Cry.

I'd say the biggest difference is you can't spawn vehicles, but there are plenty laying around. FC is currently very easy to cheese by getting a gunship and mowing everything down from the air. At least in Wildlands, armed choppers are more rare and much more fragile.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

You can spawn vehicles in Wildlands. You can complete rebel ops to upgrade the vehicle they will supply you including an Armored SUV with a minigun or a non-combat helicopter.

Also, when buying from the ubi store you can use 100 ubi points to get a 20% discount, making it even cheaper.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Jag

Post by Jag »

coopasonic wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:47 am You can spawn vehicles in Wildlands. You can complete rebel ops to upgrade the vehicle they will supply you including an Armored SUV with a minigun or a non-combat helicopter.
Ah, I didn't realize that. I'll definitely be focusing on those.
coopasonic wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 11:47 amAlso, when buying from the ubi store you can use 100 ubi points to get a 20% discount, making it even cheaper.
I've used it in the past, but it didn't work last time Ubi had a big sale, but I tried it again for the hell of it (before I read this) and got the game for $12 :D
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Dropping a combat vehicle makes those pesky transmitter defense missions much easier.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 12:00 pm Dropping a combat vehicle makes those pesky transmitter defense missions much easier.
Having my son hovering overhead in his attack chopper works as well... unless a supply convoy passes nearby and he decides the rebels need more gasoline. On the plus side, we are never short on supplies.

The helicopter also works well with the radio tower missions. Really a second player just makes everything easier. Our sync shots aren't always as well timed (or accurate) as they are with the AI, but other than that this co-op thing is working out.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Our PUBG crew played this co-op for awhile. It was pretty fun, but as with other games (borderlands, I'm looking at you) slow or methodical or stealth pretty much goes out the window as the most efficient way to play is fast and loose and simply pick up anyone who gets knocked down. Sprinting/racing from goal to goal with guns blazing is the fastest way to get things done. Even calling down unlimited elite reinforcements onto your team doesn't slow things down much.

In the time it takes to coordinate sync shots you could have just unreal tournamented the entire base.

I'd say 2 players is the right number if you want to preserve the stealth gameplay theme and still play with other people. Once you've climbed the skill trees you're a one man wrecking ball anyway.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Yeah I can see how 4 would be chaos in Wildlands. The Division 2 is a much better game for four players that just want to go crazy. If you decide to do that, join the Gaming Trend clan so we can progress it. Hell, I might even be tempted to play with you. :D
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

So I've had my eye on this game for a while and it is only $9.99 now on Steam so I am probably going to pick this up. Are the DLC any good? The ratings on Steam are pretty bad, and from the descriptions they don't look like they really add all that much, but if anyone has them and can give an opinion, much appreciated. Thanks.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Grifman wrote: Sun Jan 30, 2022 7:35 pm So I've had my eye on this game for a while and it is only $9.99 now on Steam so I am probably going to pick this up. Are the DLC any good? The ratings on Steam are pretty bad, and from the descriptions they don't look like they really add all that much, but if anyone has them and can give an opinion, much appreciated. Thanks.
I played the heck out of the original game but from the descriptions the DLC just didn't seem to add much and so I passed on them, even though I have Ubisoft+.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

+1 on that.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Thanks, guys for the input!
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Ok, just watched a couple of game play videos and this looks like a lot of fun, not sure how I missed this previously. Looking forward now to doing some hunting!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

OK, I just reinstalled this game :roll:. I completed a full playthrough back in 2018, played again to about 8% completion in 2019, then tried it a third time in 2020, but only got to 1% completion. What happened on the replays was that I had been playing Ghost Recon Breakpoint and so I kept making comparisons to it. Also the gameplay, while broadly similar, has definite differences. Since it's been about eight months since I put any time in Breakpoint, I figured it might be time for another try at Wildlands. I've played it an hour or so and I'm remembering how impressed I was with the game. Not to mention I now have a rig that will let me turn up the graphics to eleven without having to worry about stuttering :D.

So, for a while, till I get bored or get distracted into something else, I'll be playing it and posting some YouTube videos for people's enjoyment. My first one is just a minute and a half of flying in the helicopter. Wildlands is one of those kinds of games that Ubisoft does so well, makes a huge open world that is amazing detailed. In some ways Wildlands is a better world that Breakpoint. In the latter game there might be more terrain types and world size, but Breakpoint island of Auroa feels very sterile. Of course it actually is since the bad guys have pretty much wiped out most of the population :(. In Wildlands, Bolivia is still a place with villages, towns, traffic, people, animals and whatnot.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Another example of gameplay from Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Wildlands. The video starts off with me stalking an enemy lieutenant to get intel. However, I manage to alert the bad guys and things go sideways from there. During the fight all the Ghosts go down at least once, thankfully not all at one time.

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I prefer Wildlands. Partly because I love the driving. I'd often drive halfway across the map instead of using the teleport. Just to have fun. My favorite is to take a motorcycle off-road. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The one type of vehicle that I dislike in Wildlands are airplanes. In about 150 hours of playing, I think I only ever managed to take off, fly to a destination and land once. There's just something about how Ubisoft implements airplanes that is fundmentally problematic for me. For example, across all the Far Cry games I've think I've only had one or two flights that ended in a landing instead of a crash.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I suck at airplanes in pretty much every game that has them. :D

Granted, when the first flight goes poorly, I rarely bother trying again.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:11 pm The one type of vehicle that I dislike in Wildlands are airplanes. In about 150 hours of playing, I think I only ever managed to take off, fly to a destination and land once. There's just something about how Ubisoft implements airplanes that is fundmentally problematic for me. For example, across all the Far Cry games I've think I've only had one or two flights that ended in a landing instead of a crash.
I agree they are clunky as hell, but luckily I have been able to figure it out... most of the time.
TheMix wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:16 am I prefer Wildlands. Partly because I love the driving. I'd often drive halfway across the map instead of using the teleport. Just to have fun. My favorite is to take a motorcycle off-road. :D
I think Wildlands is the better game in pretty much every way. I prefer the world, the progression, the story... Breakpoint is just a lot more, but def a case of more is not always better.

The one thing I like in Breakpoint is there is a performance BEV that is a blast to drive around.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 12:35 pm The one thing I like in Breakpoint is there is a performance BEV that is a blast to drive around.
Hmmm... But as much fun as heading down a slope of rocks and trees at breakneck speed on a motorcycle? :D

I will say that flying definitely gave me some of the funniest moments/crashes.

Black Lives Matter

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Sometime I'll post some motorcycle videos I've taken in the game :wink:

Meanwhile, here's a new video. My squad was rolling up on a church to grab a skill point from there, however the place turned out to filled with cartel bad guys. We fought our way in and I finally got the medal, but more of the cartel bad guys arrived. And then Unidad showed up...

I guess this is something I've liked since back in Far Cry 2, that even though you may clear a place for a little while, the world is full of bad guys and just because you cleared an outpost doesn't mean they won't be rolling up on you again soon. And note how they move out the flanks and also start chucking grenades. And then there's the helo support. This is something I think they didn't do well in Breakpoint. There I would shoot up an enemy truck or an outpost and sometimes nobody would show up afterwards to check it out.

Anyway, here's a little treat.

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

jztemple2 wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 6:04 pm Sometime I'll post some motorcycle videos I've taken in the game :wink:
:wub:

Black Lives Matter

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Riding a bike in Wildlands is always fun, whether you're doing a mission or just going from point A to point B

TheMix

Post by TheMix »

"Shit balls" :lol:

That video does not showcase your l33t skillz. You did have me laughing at the beginning at the guys standing right above you.

I've been playing a bunch of R6 Siege lately. That would not fly. Drop by if you want to hone your skills a bit. :wink:

Black Lives Matter