Vaccine-autism how long will this crap be taken seriously

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Vaccine-autism how long will this crap be taken seriously

Post by Daehawk »

--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
naednek

Post by naednek »

Stupidity

Airline passenger spread measles to travelers on flight to San Francisco, officials say

https://www.sacbee.com/news/state/calif ... 61869.html

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

New York
A federal judge, citing an "unprecedented measles outbreak" in suburban Rockland County, New York, has denied a request to let 44 unvaccinated children return to school.

Parents of students in the Green Meadow Waldorf School in Chestnut Ridge have sued the county health department. They say none of the school's excluded children have contracted measles amid the county's outbreak, which started last fall.

According to the Journal News , their lawyer, Michael Sussman, criticized the judge's decision Tuesday to deny a temporary injunction that would have allowed the children back in classes.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Isgrimnur wrote:New York
A federal judge, citing an "unprecedented measles outbreak" in suburban Rockland County, New York, has denied a request to let 44 unvaccinated children return to school.

Parents of students in the Green Meadow Waldorf School in Chestnut Ridge have sued the county health department. They say none of the school's excluded children have contracted measles amid the county's outbreak, which started last fall.

According to the Journal News , their lawyer, Michael Sussman, criticized the judge's decision Tuesday to deny a temporary injunction that would have allowed the children back in classes.
I'm a bit baffled by the parents saying that their children haven't contracted measles. What exactly does that mean? Their child has super immunity so a vaccine is not necessary?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

The Supreme Court wrote: Upon the principle of self-defense, of paramount necessity, a community has the right to protect itself against an epidemic of disease which threatens the safety of its members.
Look it up Rockland County residents, look it up. This is exactly what needs to happen, over and over again. No more free rides. Live with your decision and embrace the consequences, anti vaccine supporters.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Temple mumps outbreak swells to 67 likely cases
Philadelphia health officials say they've now believe 67 people have contracted mumps at Temple University.

City Department of Health spokesman James Garrow said Tuesday the total number of probable cases stands at 67 — up from 54 cases a day before. WCAU-TV reports health officials confirmed 12 cases through laboratory testing while 55 others were listed as probable.

Probable diagnoses are used in cases where a person in the community shows mumps-like symptoms.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Kentucky Gov made all 9 of his kids get chicken pox

Should be arrested for child abuse. My only hope is idiots take themselves out of the gene pool. Unfortunately for his kids he didn't. When a pregnant mom dies of something or her infant ...that didn't need to even get sick dies I hope its murder charges.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Didn't parents used to have chicken pox parties or something back in the day? I thought I remembered reading about that. :?

Ah, found it. Pox Parties.

"My parents threw me a Pox Party and all I got was this lousy encephalitis."
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I am wondering when we'll start hearing about the mail order lollipops again. I can only assume they were driven deeper into the dark web, i.e. parent focused FB pages.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Moliere

Post by Moliere »

Why “chickenpox parties” are a terrible idea—in case it’s not obvious
The chickenpox vaccine—aka varicella vaccine—debuted in the US in 1995. It’s safe and highly effective. Two doses of it is up to 98 percent effective at preventing all forms of chickenpox. In the rare cases when a vaccinated person still gets chickenpox, the disease is very mild. The vaccine is 100 percent effective at preventing severe forms of the illness.

In the years before the vaccine was available, there were an average of 4 million cases of chickenpox each year in the United States. This led to an average of 10,500 to 13,000 hospitalizations and 100 to 150 deaths each year, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. With the availability of the vaccine, cases of chickenpox in 31 monitored states fell 79 percent between 2000 and 2010. Deaths from the disease fell 87 percent between four-year periods before and after the vaccine arrived.

The vaccine contains a live but weakened VZV, which causes a latent infection. This can reactivate later in life to cause shingles. However, in a recent study, children who had been vaccinated for chickenpox had a 79 percent lower chance of getting shingles than those who had gotten chickenpox.

Also, there are now two vaccines to prevent shingles in older adults. The current preferred vaccine is the recombinant zoster vaccine Shingrix, which is more than 90 percent effective at preventing shingles after two doses.

This should make “chickenpox parties” obsolete, if not just dangerous
In the past, some parents may have thought it was a good idea to expose their children to chickenpox on purpose to ensure that they got the disease before they were older, when it is more likely to lead to complications. However, as noted earlier, chickenpox can be severe even in healthy children, and it’s impossible to tell in advance how severe each case will become. Moreover, with the advent of safe and effective vaccines, there’s no reason to subject children to preventable infectious disease that—even in mild cases—causes hundreds of agonizing, itchy blisters along with fever, malaise, and headache.
"The world is suffering more today from the good people who want to mind other men's business than it is from the bad people who are willing to let everybody look after their own individual affairs." - Clarence Darrow
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Specifically, now-a-days it's a horrible idea.
40 years ago, before the vaccine, there was an argument to be made for their health benefit.
Isgrimnur

Re: Vaccine-autism how long will this crap be taken seriousl

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:16 pm I got Chicken Pox at age 20. It knocked me completely out of commission for 10 days. For the majority of those, I was completely incapable of caring for myself. The only food I ate was what was put in front of me. If I'd been living on my own at that point, I likely would have needed someone to come stay with me or be hospitalized.
That was January 1997.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

'Terrorized into silence' by online harassment. :evil:
-mf
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Anyone on the forums that hasn't had chicken pox? Maybe we should have a poll.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I have the scar to prove I've been vaccinated.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Sun Mar 24, 2019 12:06 pm 'Terrorized into silence' by online harassment. :evil:
Yeah, you should see what they do to parents who "dare" to oppose them, esp. "traitors" who were antivax... Until their child died.

https://www.dailywire.com/news/44849/an ... ashe-schow

Dr. David Gorski, MD, well known online doctor, skeptic, and opponent to antivax, was harassed for more than a decade. The antivaxxers tried to get him fired from the hospital and went as far as file FOIA requests hoping to dig up dirt on him, even included him in a libel suit.

https://twitter.com/gorskon/status/1103677941035290625
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
A New York county has banned unvaccinated children from all public spaces as the state battles its largest measles outbreak in decades.

Officials in Rockland County declared a countywide state of emergency Tuesday, announcing that the ban will begin at midnight and remain in place for 30 days or until unvaccinated minors receive the measles, mumps and rubella (MMR) vaccine. Officials said minors who are unvaccinated will not be permitted in public places, such as churches, schools and shopping centers, though outdoors spaces such as playgrounds are not included in the ban.
In Rockland County, about 40 miles from Manhattan, there have been more than 150 confirmed cases, according to county health officials.

More than 82 percent of the measles patients had not received a single dose of the MMR vaccine, health officials said. The data shows that the largest number of cases — 46 percent — were seen in children ages 4 to 18, and 39 percent of them were in children younger than 3.

Day, with Rockland County, said authorities will not be searching for children who are not vaccinated but are expecting parents and legal guardians to step up and get children vaccinated. However, he said, parents and guardians who are found to be in violation will be held accountable and their cases will be referred to the district attorney’s office. Such a violation will be considered a misdemeanor, punishable by a $500 fine or up to six months in jail.

Day said children unable to be vaccinated for documented medical reasons are exempt.
tjg_marantz

Post by tjg_marantz »

Good

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5010 using Tapatalk

Home of the Akimbo AWPs
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

ABC News
On Feb. 25, the mother of a 2-year-old child, who is not vaccinated, took the child to a naturopathic doctor with a fever of 105 degrees, ABC Phoenix station KNXV reported.

The doctor instructed the mother to take the toddler to the emergency room as soon as possible, but since the child's fever later broke, she took him back to their home in Chandler, about 25 miles southeast of Phoenix, instead, according to a statement from the Chandler Police Department.

When the doctor learned from the Cardon Children's Hospital that they parents never showed up with the child, she called Arizona DCS, who then contacted the Chandler Police Department for assistance, an incident report shows.

Chandler Police officers first contacted the boy's father, Brooks Bryce, by phone to request a welfare check, which Bryce refused, according to the police report. When officers were dispatched to the home around 10:24 p.m. that night, the parents refused to come to the door and they could hear a child coughing and other voices inside, according to a police statement.

Officers then "forced entry into the home" after DCS had obtained a court order to take temporary custody of the child due to a "possible life threatening illness," the report states.
DCS agents then took custody of the boy and his two sisters, ages 4 and 6, the report states. Two of the children were transported to the hospital by ambulance, and the third was transported to the hospital by DCS, according to the statement.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Why are people so damn stupid these days. Is it a millennial thing?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Isgrimnur wrote:ABC News
On Feb. 25, the mother of a 2-year-old child, who is not vaccinated, took the child to a naturopathic doctor with a fever of 105 degrees, ABC Phoenix station KNXV reported.

The doctor instructed the mother to take the toddler to the emergency room as soon as possible, but since the child's fever later broke, she took him back to their home in Chandler, about 25 miles southeast of Phoenix, instead, according to a statement from the Chandler Police Department.

When the doctor learned from the Cardon Children's Hospital that they parents never showed up with the child, she called Arizona DCS, who then contacted the Chandler Police Department for assistance, an incident report shows.

Chandler Police officers first contacted the boy's father, Brooks Bryce, by phone to request a welfare check, which Bryce refused, according to the police report. When officers were dispatched to the home around 10:24 p.m. that night, the parents refused to come to the door and they could hear a child coughing and other voices inside, according to a police statement.

Officers then "forced entry into the home" after DCS had obtained a court order to take temporary custody of the child due to a "possible life threatening illness," the report states.
DCS agents then took custody of the boy and his two sisters, ages 4 and 6, the report states. Two of the children were transported to the hospital by ambulance, and the third was transported to the hospital by DCS, according to the statement.
Hmmm. Was the child sick due to a communicable disease or was the use of "not vaccinated" click bait by the writer? Also the fever broke. Granted, it would probably be good to bring the child into urgent care the next day for a strep culture maybe. If it's viral, not much you can usually do.

My daughter is fully immunized, but when she gets fevers they tend to be high.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Mar 29, 2019 6:30 pm Why are people so damn stupid these days. Is it a millennial thing?
For the record, people have always been stupid. We just hear more about it these days to the internet.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

True cost
Two years ago, a 6-year-old boy playing on his family’s farm in Oregon cut himself. His parents cleaned the wound and stitched it, and everything seemed fine—until, six days later, he began having muscle spasms, arching his back, and clenching his jaw. The boy had tetanus, the first case in a child to occur in Oregon in more than 30 years.

Tetanus is rare because a routine childhood vaccine prevents it. The boy’s parents had elected not to vaccinate him.
The boy was airlifted to a university medical center and given immunotherapy and the first dose of the vaccine regimen he had missed. His spasms were so severe he could not open his mouth or breathe, so he was admitted to an intensive care unit, placed in a medical coma, and put on a ventilator. His body couldn’t regulate itself; his heart rate sped up and his temperature soared and dipped, so he had to be pumped full of IV drugs to keep his vital signs under control.

Eventually he recovered, but only after 57 days in the hospital and 17 days in a rehab center learning to speak again once his tracheostomy healed and relearning to walk when his muscle tone came back. His parents took him back to the family farm. Before they left, they refused to allow him to receive any other vaccinations, including the second dose of vaccine that would have cemented his immunity to the infection that almost killed him.
Should be arrested for both child abuse and stupidity.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

USA Today
A Kentucky high school student lost his lawsuit challenging an order that barred him from school because he refuses to obtain the chickenpox vaccine.

The senior at Assumption Academy in Boone County sued the Northern Kentucky Independent District Board of Health after it banned students without chickenpox immunity from attending school and extracurricular activities during an outbreak.
Kunkel is not against all vaccines, he told The Enquirer earlier, but he is opposed to those that use aborted fetal cells in their manufacture, including the chickenpox vaccine.
During a nearly five-hour hearing, Boone County Circuit Judge James R. Schrand heard from medical experts about chickenpox and the vaccine, which came on the U.S. market in 1995. The issue before Schrand, though, was more narrowly focused on the authority that health officials can apply to citizens when trying to contain a disease.
Evidence at Monday’s hearing in Circuit Court showed that only about 18 percent of students at the school have been vaccinated against childhood illnesses such as chickenpox. Kentucky's statewide vaccination rate for chickenpox is about 90 percent.

In court, Mando pointed out that the state form that the Kunkels signed to get Jerome exempted from vaccines on religious grounds contains the warning, "This person may be subject to exclusion from school, group facilities or other programs if the local and/or state public health authority advises exclusion as a disease control measure."
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Wow. Kentucky. Kudos.

:clap:
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

18%?What the...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:45 am 18%?What the...
Echo chamber.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Apr 04, 2019 10:49 am
Echo chamber.
That's quite an Assumption!
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Echo chamber.
Here's the quote from the article:
Evidence at Monday’s hearing in Circuit Court showed that only about 18 percent of students at the school have been vaccinated against childhood illnesses such as chickenpox.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
stessier

Post by stessier »

Echo chamber.
I don't know about that. This was the reasoning given at the trial.
Kunkel is not against all vaccines, he told The Enquirer earlier, but he is opposed to those that use aborted fetal cells in their manufacture, including the chickenpox vaccine.
Appears to be a moral stand and they are willing to take their chances.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Print your own exemptions in Oregon.
As measles outbreaks continue in the Northwest and across the nation, newly revealed health records from Oregon suggest it’s surprisingly easy to opt out of required vaccinations in that state — as in several others.

In Oregon — which has the highest kindergarten vaccine exemption rate in the U.S. — about 95 percent of parents whose kids skip one or more vaccines use a print-your-own certificate to do so.

That’s according to data from the Oregon Health Authority, which shows that of more than 31,500 non-medical vaccine exemptions submitted last year, nearly 30,000 were documented by parents who watched an online education video and then printed out a do-it-yourself form.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Kentucky
In the past two school years, Boone County has been among the 10 Kentucky counties with the highest proportion of students with a religious exemption from vaccinations.
Kentucky’s annual reports on childhood immunizations show Boone County, one of the most populous of the state’s 120 counties, ranks among the 10 with the highest percentage of students with religious exemptions.

In the 2017-18 school year, the most recent for which data are available, 46 of 1,791 Boone County kindergarten students, or 2.57%, had religious exemptions. The county's exemption rate compares to the statewide rate of 0.96%
Covington lawyer Christopher Wiest, representing Kunkel in the court case before Schrand, said two dozen more Assumption students are petitioning to join the case.
Assumption Academy and its elementary-level Our Lady of the Sacred Heart School operate under the Society of St. Pius X, a conservative Catholic sect that opts for the Latin Mass and resists the Vatican II church reforms.
Amid the debate in Boone County, Kentucky Gov. Matt Bevin told a radio program that he had engaged in a practice that doctors reject: He sent his nine children to play with a neighbor child who had chickenpox so the Bevin youngsters would come down with it.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NBC News
A northern Kentucky teenager banned from school for refusing the chickenpox vaccination due to his religious beliefs has come down with the childhood malady, his attorney said Wednesday.

Jerome Kunkel, a student at Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Assumption Academy, first started showing chickenpox symptoms last week and hopes to have recovered by next week, a lawyer for the 18-year-old told NBC News.

Kunkel and his family have no regrets about their decision to not be vaccinated.

"These are deeply held religious beliefs, they're sincerely held beliefs," family attorney Christopher Wiest said. "From their perspective, they always recognized they were running the risk of getting it, and they were OK with it."
A chickenpox outbreak at Our Lady of the Sacred Heart Assumption Academy in March prompted state health officials to order unvaccinated students to stay away from school. Kunkel unsuccessfully challenged the state ban in court.

Now that Kunkel has had the chickenpox, and is thus immune to it, he hopes to be back in class soon for the first time since March 15.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:56 pm NBC News

Now that Kunkel has had the chickenpox, and is thus immune to it, he hopes to be back in class soon for the first time since March 15.
Isn't the possibility of sterility one of the disadvantages of contracting chickenpox beyond childhood? If so, we can all hope for that outcome in this case.
Black Lives Matter
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:56 pm Now that Kunkel has had the chickenpox, and is thus immune to it, he hopes to be back in class soon for the first time since March 15.
Better bring a doctor's note, dude. And from a state appointed doctor.

I am skeptical that these statements are true, barring evidence supporting them. People with sincerely held beliefs are capable of doing pretty much anything in support of those beliefs. Sincerely.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Robert Kennedy Jr isn't helping matters.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Separately:
Some ultraconservative Catholics oppose chickenpox vaccinations because it was developed in the 1960s from cell lines of two aborted fetuses.
But fetuses aren't used for modern manufacture, are they?

I mean, the history of drug development is rife with morally questionable actions. Navigating that minefield has got to be challenging for a modern stone age family.
stessier

Post by stessier »

GreenGoo wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 7:28 pm Separately:
Some ultraconservative Catholics oppose chickenpox vaccinations because it was developed in the 1960s from cell lines of two aborted fetuses.
But fetuses aren't used for modern manufacture, are they?

I mean, the history of drug development is rife with morally questionable actions. Navigating that minefield has got to be challenging for a modern stone age family.
The same stem cell lines are still used from what i found.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles