MLB Post Season 2019

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

pr0ner

Re: MLB Season 2019

Post by pr0ner »

Kyle Hendricks just tossed a Maddux against the Cardinals, needing only 81 pitches to do so.

Seems appropriate, given their shared nickname.
Hodor.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

It's always important to win the first game of a series, of course, but even more important here with Darvish going tomorrow. Given the slow starts of Hendricks and Darvish, I was worried we'd be in an 0-2 hole trying to salvage the third game of the series on Sunday.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Hodor.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

pr0ner wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:52 pm Kyle Hendricks just tossed a Maddux against the Cardinals, needing only 81 pitches to do so.
Complete game?
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jeff V wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:13 pm
pr0ner wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 4:52 pm Kyle Hendricks just tossed a Maddux against the Cardinals, needing only 81 pitches to do so.
Complete game?
That's part of the definition of a Maddux so yes.
Hodor.
naednek

Post by naednek »

down 10-3? No problem! Giants overcame a potential embarrassing loss and won it in the 11th!
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

naednek wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 11:59 pm down 10-3? No problem! Giants overcame a potential embarrassing loss and won it in the 11th!
:doh: Stupid Reds.

In better news the Dodgers prevailed in the ninth inning over the Padres. Kershaw was not great but not horrible either. Although I must say that Roberts will pull a pitcher in a hot minute so none of the starters really have a chance to be horrible.
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mets have totally forgot how to hit. Sigh
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

Shameless plug for my website: www.nettphoto.com
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

pr0ner wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 10:21 pm
Jeff V wrote: Fri May 03, 2019 9:13 pm
Complete game?
That's part of the definition of a Maddux so yes.
I thought complete games were extinct.
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

So, yeah. New team with the best record in the NL.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

ImLawBoy wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 10:32 am So, yeah. New team with the best record in the NL.
Well that was unexpected. And the Rays are best in the AL? :doh:
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mets might suck but man Alonso is flipping insane. Check out the homer he hit tonight.
Capitalism tries for a delicate balance: It attempts to work things out so that everyone gets just enough stuff to keep them from getting violent and trying to take other people’s stuff.

pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Octavious wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 2:33 am Mets might suck but man Alonso is flipping insane. Check out the homer he hit tonight.
That was a blast.
Hodor.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Vastly underrated Ryu turned in an awesome performance last night, I was at the game and it was great to see. He hasn't given up a walk in forever, he got through a complete game in 93 pitches and even hit a single. And he's playing on a qualifying offer, best value in the league. It's May so Justin Turner can now hit home runs, three of them last night. I had left before the third one (I have a bad hamstring that was barking at me by the end of the 7th) but the first two were great. Dodger dogs were $1 last night and we got some vanilla ice cream that actually had vanilla in it to top off the night.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Lorini wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:12 am Vastly underrated Ryu turned in an awesome performance last night, I was at the game and it was great to see. He hasn't given up a walk in forever, he got through a complete game in 93 pitches and even hit a single. And he's playing on a qualifying offer, best value in the league. It's May so Justin Turner can now hit home runs, three of them last night. I had left before the third one (I have a bad hamstring that was barking at me by the end of the 7th) but the first two were great. Dodger dogs were $1 last night and we got some vanilla ice cream that actually had vanilla in it to top off the night.
Honestly I think it's unfair that Ryu gets to throw fireballs at batters.
Black Lives Matter.
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

With their beatdown of the Astros last night the Royals' run differential is -3. That should be good for a 18-19 record.

They're 13-24. :grund:

The pitching is really, really bad.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

El Guapo wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:44 am
Lorini wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 11:12 am Vastly underrated Ryu turned in an awesome performance last night, I was at the game and it was great to see. He hasn't given up a walk in forever, he got through a complete game in 93 pitches and even hit a single. And he's playing on a qualifying offer, best value in the league. It's May so Justin Turner can now hit home runs, three of them last night. I had left before the third one (I have a bad hamstring that was barking at me by the end of the 7th) but the first two were great. Dodger dogs were $1 last night and we got some vanilla ice cream that actually had vanilla in it to top off the night.
Honestly I think it's unfair that Ryu gets to throw fireballs at batters.
Man if he can stay healthy he may be in the elite players due for a big payday. He was so smart to take that qualifying offer, now he'll almost certainly make more money long term than if he had tried for a deal at the end of last season.
Black Lives Matter
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Good news, everyone! The Red Sox are finally at .500!
Black Lives Matter.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

El Guapo wrote:Good news, everyone! The Red Sox are finally at .500!
That's a dream that's falling further away in the rear view mirror of the Nationals season. I think the series with LA will be hard to watch.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Yu Darvish threw a 97 pitch one-hitter today . . .

. . . through four innings. This stellar work gave up only one run, but included six walks and seven strikeouts.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

And the reliever comes in for five innings to pick up the win.

That's got to be unusual - two pitchers in the game with the reliever going longer than the starter and no injury involved.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

As I wake up and check the score I am quite pleasantly surprised by situation. And the Nationals score and it’s now 4-0! I think I’m not going back to sleep quite yet... :dance:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The Dodgers relationship with Patrick Corbin has never been positive.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Lorini wrote:The Dodgers relationship with Patrick Corbin has never been positive.
From his performance it was downright unneighborly. LA will have ample opportunity to return the favor.
Black lives matter!

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The Dodgers now have a positive relationship with Sanchez :). But Scherzer is up today and that should be very very interesting. Going against our wunderkind pitcher Buehler.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Lorini wrote:The Dodgers now have a positive relationship with Sanchez :). But Scherzer is up today and that should be very very interesting. Going against our wunderkind pitcher Buehler.
LOL! This is what will happen with Scherzer (usually, he did have one really bad game from the start) He will throw a whole bunch of strikes. He might give up a run but he will settle down and pitch an amazing game for 6-7 innings. After a winning performance the bullpen will proceed to piss it all away. I'll try to watch the game since I like watching Scherzer. Alcohol will be involved in the watching to help cope with the disappointment.
Black lives matter!

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

From MLB.com
Madison Bumgarner’s eight-team no-trade list, per sources:

#Braves
#RedSox
#Cubs
#Astros
#Brewers
#Yankees
#Phillies
#STLCards
That said, #SFGiants’ Bumgarner should be motivated to approve a trade: Any potential free agent traded in middle of season is ineligible for qualifying offer and exempt from draft-pick comp. List, however, gives him measure of control - if, say, he prefers #Braves to #Phillies.
Further explanation on Bumgarner: Players include contenders on their no-trade list to gain leverage if a trade agreement is reached, NOT because they have no interest in winning.
More context on Bumgarner: His contract allows him to reject trades to eight teams. The eight I reported are the ones he can block. He can still approve trades to those teams, but generally players want some form of compensation to waive their no-trade protection.
VERY interesting that the Dodgers are not on his no-trade list. There's nothing Dodger fans would like more than winning a WS using a former ace of the Giants :D
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Hmmm, obviously Victor Robles decided to take a short stroll and take in the sights as he is picked off while Soto is trotting to first after being walked. Surreal...

Well, damn! And Scherzer gets the win! :dance:
Black lives matter!

Lorini

Post by Lorini »

The Dodgers also may need a new scorer:
Official scorer gave Floro an unearned run on the Parra HR because of the Turner error that occurred before Floro entered. According to Rule 9.16, it should be earned for Floro, unearned for the team.

"”When pitchers are changed during an inning, the relief pitcher shall not have the benefit of previous chances for outs not accepted in determining earned runs.”"
Edge case to be certain. Wonder if it gets changed later this week.

At the end of the day, the bullpen's inherited runner stat keeps going up and up.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Both the Padres and Angels (with a losing record) start the day in second place. Probably won't see that again this season.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Octavious

Post by Octavious »

Mets might suck, but I stand by my Harper is totally overrated stand. He's currently hitting .229 with 7 hrs. Totally worth 300 million dollars. ;)

noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

Lorini wrote: Sat May 11, 2019 1:47 pm From MLB.com
Madison Bumgarner’s eight-team no-trade list, per sources:

#Braves
#RedSox
#Cubs
#Astros
#Brewers
#Yankees
#Phillies
#STLCards
That said, #SFGiants’ Bumgarner should be motivated to approve a trade: Any potential free agent traded in middle of season is ineligible for qualifying offer and exempt from draft-pick comp. List, however, gives him measure of control - if, say, he prefers #Braves to #Phillies.
Further explanation on Bumgarner: Players include contenders on their no-trade list to gain leverage if a trade agreement is reached, NOT because they have no interest in winning.
More context on Bumgarner: His contract allows him to reject trades to eight teams. The eight I reported are the ones he can block. He can still approve trades to those teams, but generally players want some form of compensation to waive their no-trade protection.
VERY interesting that the Dodgers are not on his no-trade list. There's nothing Dodger fans would like more than winning a WS using a former ace of the Giants :D
What a weird list. I can only surmise it's because he thinks he could get more compensation from a motivated team?
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

I think he figures those teams are motivated to pay him to drop the no trade clause. Dodgers won’t do that; they probably have too many pitchers as it is. Keep in mind that Madbum's contract is very attractive to teams, the least they can do is pay him a little extra.
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Dodgers may have Urias available for trade soon. Google News showed me the story from TMZ this morning. He shoved a woman in a parking lot. The woman said he didn't shove her but the video and many witnesses saw him shove her. He may be up and coming but frankly the Dodgers won't miss a lot without him and his arrest solved the problem of a couple of relievers coming back from the IL. I personally don't think that he'll pitch for the Dodgers again. We'll see.
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

Last night, Sale struck out 17 of the 24 batters he faced and somehow ended up with a ND. That's some bad luck.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

He was always good hitting out of the two-hole...
There’s a rogue photo doing the rounds of Alex Rodriguez sitting on the can, shot through the window of his luxury NYC pad — and now his legal team is urgently trying to flush out the photographer, who was likely at a Manhattan hedge fund next door.

Seems to me that if you don't want a photo of you taking a dump, don't take a dump in front of...New York City.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

stessier wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm Last night, Sale struck out 17 of the 24 batters he faced and somehow ended up with a ND. That's some bad luck.
Well, it's more of a bad bullpen than bad luck.
Black Lives Matter.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

El Guapo wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:45 am
stessier wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 1:48 pm Last night, Sale struck out 17 of the 24 batters he faced and somehow ended up with a ND. That's some bad luck.
I remember the days when a pitcher that dominant would get at least 27 outs to work with.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

And the craptastic Nationals bullpen gives up a couple of runs again in the eighth. :grund:
Black lives matter!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Jeff V wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 5:59 pm
El Guapo wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 11:45 am
I remember the days when a pitcher that dominant would get at least 27 outs to work with.
Yeah, it's definitely different now. But he was up to 110 pitches, and did give up a 2 run homer in his last inning, so it was a pretty defensible decision to take him out.
Black Lives Matter.