Why is the "report" button next to the "quote" button?

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Drazzil

Why is the "report" button next to the "quote" button?

Post by Drazzil »

I can't count the times I've almost reported innocent threads in an attempt to quote them. Fat fingers and all.
That's all
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Why is the "report" button next to the "quote" button?

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Now imagine an edit and delete button thrown in the mix.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

You haven't lived until you try to necro and old thread you participated in, and instead of quoting yourself, you end up reporting you own post.

ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED
Maybe next year, maybe no go
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I haven't done that, but I constantly have elements loading a split second after others and shifting the page just as I click. I've accidentally visited Bakhtosh and EvilHomer3k's profiles about a thousand times.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

So I'm guessing that this isin't enough of an issue to change things... The cost/time of fixing it is exponentially more then the accidental reports and wossnot?
gilraen

Post by gilraen »

Drazzil wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:24 pm So I'm guessing that this isin't enough of an issue to change things... The cost/time of fixing it is exponentially more then the accidental reports and wossnot?
You are taken to an additional "Report this post" page if you click the report button - you'd have to be paying absolutely no attention to what you are doing to submit an accidental report.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

gilraen wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 11:03 pm
Drazzil wrote: Thu May 30, 2019 7:24 pm So I'm guessing that this isin't enough of an issue to change things... The cost/time of fixing it is exponentially more then the accidental reports and wossnot?
You are taken to an additional "Report this post" page if you click the report button - you'd have to be paying absolutely no attention to what you are doing to submit an accidental report.
Yep! :ninja:
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

On my phone the "mark all as read" button is right beside the forum button which I use to refresh the page (I don't find other refresh options convenient) so that has bitten me in the butt a few times.

There is no "fixing" this, as any customisations would break software upgrades. Fish pants does this in his spare time. Making things as easy as possible for him is imperative.

It might be possible to find a skin that moves things around, but I wouldn't expect others to find them for you. Installation is also a potential issue. I haven't a clue how modular and/or portable the software is.