Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I'd also point out that a state visit to our supposedly staunchest ally is all about appearances, since there's not much else going on there. He had one job.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Remus West wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 8:41 am I want tRump out of office and facing charges for everything he has been a part of as much as anyone but the whole flap regarding that ridiculous tux is a bit to "tan suit" for me. I couldn't care less about his lack of fashion sense or personality. I want him to answer for his actions.
To me, this is nothing more than 100% comic-relief... not that the news should talk about it really. Well, maybe SNL, for instance.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Queen Elizabeth as metaphor for the state of the US.

"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

The queen is wearing her crown jewels so they can't be stolen?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 3:22 pm The queen is wearing her crown jewels so they can't be stolen?
The Twitter text is dumb. It was jus the easiest image link.

She's aged a lot in the last 11 or so years.

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

Eisenhower wrote:Soldiers, Sailors, and Airmen of the Allied Expeditionary Force!

You are about to embark upon the Great Crusade, toward which we have striven these many months. The eyes of the world are upon you. The hope and prayers of liberty-loving people everywhere march with you. In company with our brave Allies and brothers-in-arms on other Fronts, you will bring about the destruction of the German war machine, the elimination of Nazi tyranny over the oppressed peoples of Europe, and security for ourselves in a free world.

Your task will not be an easy one. Your enemy is will trained, well equipped and battle-hardened. He will fight savagely.

But this is the year 1944! Much has happened since the Nazi triumphs of 1940-41. The United Nations have inflicted upon the Germans great defeats, in open battle, man-to-man. Our air offensive has seriously reduced their strength in the air and their capacity to wage war on the ground. Our Home Fronts have given us an overwhelming superiority in weapons and munitions of war, and placed at our disposal great reserves of trained fighting men. The tide has turned! The free men of the world are marching together to Victory!

I have full confidence in your courage, devotion to duty and skill in battle. We will accept nothing less than full Victory!

Good luck! And let us beseech the blessing of Almighty God upon this great and noble undertaking.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Holman wrote: Thu Jun 06, 2019 5:58 pm
The man has all the dignity and poise of a fresh shit floating in a Jacuzzi.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK... this is just killing me. KILLING ME.

Watching this, you will be compelled over and over again to think it's fake or satire or something.

Tucker Carlson: "Almost every nation on Earth has fallen under the yoke of tyranny -- the metric system"
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2019 ... tem/223874

watch it all... it only gets --- more.

But it's real. This is the real world, and people being serious. I think. I THINK.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

"this weird, utopian, inelegant creepy system". Next up: "the decimal system -- it even sounds like devil".
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Unagi wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:10 pm But it's real. This is the real world, and people being serious. I think. I THINK.
I fully expect that this - as with most things Hannity does - will end up as "Schrodinger's Douchebag".
Definition: One who makes douchebag statements, particularly sexist, racist or otherwise bigoted ones, then decides whether they were “just joking” or dead serious based on whether other people in the group approve or not.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Press "2' for English!!??!?!???!??!

MYT
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Remus West wrote:I want tRump out of office and facing charges for everything he has been a part of as much as anyone but the whole flap regarding that ridiculous tux is a bit to "tan suit" for me. I couldn't care less about his lack of fashion sense or personality. I want him to answer for his actions.
Unlike the Toddler In Chief I can multi-task and mock his horrible judgment in governing and fashion! And it probably won't happen but I'd be happy to see him in one of those Federal orange jumpsuits after office.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Apparently one can really buy this.

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Kraken wrote: Sat Jun 08, 2019 10:18 pm Apparently one can really buy this.

I have a suspicion that it would do the reverse of what it's intended to do, though...
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

A few months back, my mother brought one of those to our house as a joke-gift.
I kept it, but told her I wouldn't feel good doing a single useful thing with likeness... and yeah - I think it would leave the toilet worse than it found it.
But, none-the-less, we own one... unwrapped.
Jiffy

Post by Jiffy »

Unagi wrote: Fri Jun 07, 2019 1:10 pm OK... this is just killing me. KILLING ME.

Watching this, you will be compelled over and over again to think it's fake or satire or something.

Tucker Carlson: "Almost every nation on Earth has fallen under the yoke of tyranny -- the metric system"
https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2019 ... tem/223874

watch it all... it only gets --- more.

But it's real. This is the real world, and people being serious. I think. I THINK.
As a Canadian, we pretty much are forced to learn US customary, alongside the glorious metric system. I also worked at a chemical plant on the Canadian/US border, so we did have to work quite often in both units.

There really is no comparison in usability for engineering, science, mechanical, etc. The basis of 10 that seems to be a negative in the Carlson piece? Ya....the basis of 10 is a wondrous thing when having to convert between multiple different types of units. Customary on the other hand, is an absolute nightmare in my mind when dealing with various units of measure.

Watching that clip, I really did have to double check it wasn't from the Onion. I liked that the metric system is 'made up' whereas somehow customary is not. Last I checked, all measurement is relative and arbitrary - how is a 'foot' consistent, measurable, or reliable based upon it's origins, at least anymoreso than a meter...But hey, the french had something to do with the metric system, so no thanks!
naednek

Post by naednek »

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

naednek wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:16 am Image
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cry:
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Remus West wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:28 am :cry:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

it's funny my parents chastised me for watching too much TV as a kid. so i eventually just dropped it from my life and i'm no longer beholden to any shows. now what do they do? have the TV on allllllll day long.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Twitter, Facebook, et al are just as bad as biased news networks.

MYT
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The official White House twitter posted this image this morning.

This is the weirdest fucking timeline. :?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Next up, is your flag a dud in bed? Here are 20 tips to help you find out!

edit: If people want to provide tips, that would be great, and potentially awesome.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I know this is R&P but flag day is a time to venerate the president and CPAC sponsors. Let's not forget that.

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:02 pm I know this is R&P but flag day is a time to venerate the president and CPAC sponsors. Let's not forget that.
I missed that product placement. Thanks for pointing it out.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Dragging Canoe? Bragging Canoe? Fragging Canoe?
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Open secrets:
Dragging Canoe is the only sponsor without a hyperlink to its website on CPAC’s sponsors page. It is an upcoming “a second-amendment themed entertainment venue and restaurant in Pigeon Forge” slated to open in 2020, according to Walters. CPAC was approached by Dragging Canoe’s owners last year for a potential sponsorship.

Google searches provide no information about the company. A Dragging Canoe, LLC was registered as a business with the Tennessee Secretary of State last November and lists a for-sale empty building in Maryville, Tennessee as its address. Despite being an up-and-coming business, Dragging Canoe is sponsoring CPAC’s $250 a ticket “Ronald Reagan Dinner and Reception” on Friday night.

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Alefroth wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:53 pm Dragging Canoe? Bragging Canoe? Fragging Canoe?
Lol! I did the same thing. I think I decided it was probably "dragging" and then forgot about it.

Lawbeef's info is fascinating, in a shadowy, sinister sort of way.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Turns out Dragging Canoe was a Cherokee war chief- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragging_Canoe

An odd namesake for a 2nd Amendment themed restaurant.
Last edited by Alefroth on Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Well, Native Ameicans loved their guns too, but I doubt that's the idea behind the project.

More from a local Tennessee outlet:
One of only two platinum contributors ($250,000) to the Conservative Political Action Conference, or CPAC, last week was made by Dragging Canoe – Pigeon Forge, according to OpenSecrets.org. If you aren’t up on your Tennessee history, Dragging Canoe was a Native American who waged war on the early settlers of East Tennessee. That’s the name being given to a tourist attraction in Pigeon Forge scheduled to open next year.

The Dragging Canoe project is owned by Specialty Investment Group of Knoxville. The president and CEO is William Rose Jr. Rose came to public notice when his company donated $5.3 million to the FreedomWorks of America super PAC in 2012, which the Center for Public Integrity called one of the largest single corporate contributions of the cycle.

Dragging Canoe is billed as a Second Amendment-themed entertainment venue and restaurant.

MYT
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

That doesn't surprise me at all. Pigeon Forge also recently opened up a National Enquirer attraction. We drove through there a couple of weeks ago.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Holman wrote: Wed Jan 16, 2019 9:46 pm Randy Rainbow is a national treasure.
Now with Washington Post coverage.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

Defiant

Post by Defiant »

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

The fact that in 2019 a celebrity can openly share anti-Jewish stuff like this and genuinely think it's politically OK tells you a lot about why Israel became necessary and remains so.
It tells me more about social media. The ability to tweet ignorant and/or anti-Semitic garbage that can be seen by the entire world is new.

30 years ago it would have just been cocktail party talk that vanished and was ignored after 10 Manhattans.

In both cases Cusack would be displaying his ignorance. But only now does everyone see it. That's both worse and better, I suppose. Worse that it has a huge platform, better that it's exposed.

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Posting from mobile, but if you go to Cusack’s Twitter, he has deleted it and apologized.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

It doesn't really work as an apology unless he's holding a boombox over his head...
Covfefe!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

There's also the "follow the money" bit.

But aside from everything else, the idea that Israel can't be criticized, given that it's probably the most heavily criticized country in the world, is laughable.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I think it's more that they a lot of people feel you CAN'T criticize Israel without being called anti-Semitic, not that they aren't criticized.
Covfefe!