Fundraising for 2019/2020: 12 Month renewal is up Oct 21/2019. $1337.51 USD of roughly $1700 USD (CDN conversion) as of Sept 1/2019. Paypal Donation Link Here

Game On!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Post Reply
User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 61539
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Game On!

Post by Isgrimnur » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:50 pm

Copy-paste is a thing.

Drazzil
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:54 pm

Isgrimnur wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:40 am
I seem to recall that we lynch the new guy as initiation. Am I recalling that correctly?
I was actually the first to be lynched in "The office" warewolf variant a few years ago. I believe it was payback for dropping out of a previous game then bringing it home later. Which I was fine with, but it kind of made sure I stayed out of warewolf games for well... Up till now. I wasen't offended or anything, I just decided to do other things.

:D
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:15 pm

El Guapo wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:40 am
Also Drazzil, just FYI the usual practice in these games is to do whatever El Guapo Newcastle recommends, because he's tha best evar, a brilliant, handsome gentlemen who only has everyone's best interests at heart.
Newcastle fixed that for you.
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

User avatar
Unagi
Posts: 17338
Joined: Wed Sep 20, 2006 5:14 pm
Location: Chicago

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 pm

So, nothing really to go on today, but I could get behind keeping RMC from having 'one of his games'...
There is one person that sorta just kinda catches my eye, but I don't think I'd angle for anything today - cause it's basically nothing and likely just me being biased.

 RMC 
 

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15072
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:50 pm

Unagi wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 pm

There is one person that sorta just kinda catches my eye, but I don't think I'd angle for anything today - cause it's basically nothing and likely just me being biased.

you know every time you say that you talk yourself out of a lynch of a wolf...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Drazzil
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 pm

Unagi wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 pm
So, nothing really to go on today, but I could get behind keeping RMC from having 'one of his games'...
There is one person that sorta just kinda catches my eye, but I don't think I'd angle for anything today - cause it's basically nothing and likely just me being biased.

 RMC 
 
Just a thought; Why would you vote for a person who you suspect may be innocent when you have a shot at getting a wolf?
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15072
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:08 pm

Drazzil wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 pm
Unagi wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 pm
So, nothing really to go on today, but I could get behind keeping RMC from having 'one of his games'...
There is one person that sorta just kinda catches my eye, but I don't think I'd angle for anything today - cause it's basically nothing and likely just me being biased.

 RMC 
 
Just a thought; Why would you vote for a person who you suspect may be innocent when you have a shot at getting a wolf?
Well RMC does have a history...
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
RMC
Posts: 6386
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 1:49 pm
Location: Elyria, Ohio
Contact:

Re: Game On!

Post by RMC » Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:10 pm

Hey, I have also saved some games as well. I mean Red Rocket was fun, but I have saved a few games as well... Just sayin.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat

Drazzil
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:06 pm

Lassr wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:08 pm
Drazzil wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:40 pm
Unagi wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:38 pm
So, nothing really to go on today, but I could get behind keeping RMC from having 'one of his games'...
There is one person that sorta just kinda catches my eye, but I don't think I'd angle for anything today - cause it's basically nothing and likely just me being biased.

 RMC 
 
Just a thought; Why would you vote for a person who you suspect may be innocent when you have a shot at getting a wolf?
Well RMC does have a history...
Hmm. At first blush I would say each game should be played on the merits of its own weight. Every player should be extended the benefit of the doubt. But if said player has "tells" or patterns of behavior given specific roles, then this is harder to call.

I'm new at this so I have no idea how this will play out.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Remus West
Posts: 32923
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Not in Westland

Re: Game "almost" On. Awaiting all PMs to be read.

Post by Remus West » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:35 am

Votes:
1. Isgrimnur - Scoop
2. El Guapo - RMC
3. Newcastle - RMC, Isgrimnur
4. Holman -
5. Unagi - RMC
6. Lassr - Holman
7. Scoop -
8. Punisher -
9. Drazzil - Scoop
10. Lagom Lite - RMC
11. RMC - Scoop

Vote Totals:
RMC - 3
Scoop - 2
Holman - 1
Isgrminur - 1

6 votes is majority
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21295
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:33 am

Newcastle pulling off of RMC looks to me like someone trying to avoid being in on the kill.

I hear that's a wolf strategy!

 Newcastle 
 
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Lagom Lite
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:18 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Re: Game On!

Post by Lagom Lite » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 pm

Holman is definitely suspicious, that's two posts he's made that makes me raise an eyebrow.

Is that what you saw too, Lassr?
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?


"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club

Fellowship of the Ring I
Fellowship of the Ring II

User avatar
Lagom Lite
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:18 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Re: Game On!

Post by Lagom Lite » Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:37 pm

Lagom Lite wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 pm
Holman is definitely suspicious, that's two posts he's made that makes me raise an eyebrow.

Is that what you saw too, Lassr?
I meant to direct that question to Unagi, not Lassr. Mixed you up. Lassr voted for Holman, but Unagi wrote "There is one person that sorta just kinda catches my eye".
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?


"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club

Fellowship of the Ring I
Fellowship of the Ring II

User avatar
Punisher
Posts: 2277
Joined: Thu Mar 24, 2005 12:05 pm

Re: Game On!

Post by Punisher » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:27 pm

RMC wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:53 pm
The first day of these games are all about what you can find in the future from what we posted in the beginning.

Words of wisdom from RMC. Who is going to Origins, on Wednesday, so will not be able to post as much come Wed-Fri. :)
I am not, but if this game lasts until GenCon, I am theoretically going to that at the end of July.
And I have no feelings on who to vote for yet. I usually wait until the last minute for day 1 kills because it's literally a shot in the dark. (I'm curious, does anyone know the percentage of day 1 wolf kills. I am assuming it super low)
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21295
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 pm

Lagom Lite wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 pm
Holman is definitely suspicious, that's two posts he's made that makes me raise an eyebrow.
Considering that I've made two posts since the game began, they must be sinister indeed.

My two posts:

1) "Hey Drazzil, you new? Day one is weird."

2) A vote on someone stepping off the train, which I freely admit has no reasoning behind it other than "Day one is weird."
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Lagom Lite
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:18 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Re: Game On!

Post by Lagom Lite » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:52 pm

Holman wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 pm
Lagom Lite wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 pm
Holman is definitely suspicious, that's two posts he's made that makes me raise an eyebrow.
Considering that I've made two posts since the game began, they must be sinister indeed.

My two posts:

1) "Hey Drazzil, you new? Day one is weird."

2) A vote on someone stepping off the train, which I freely admit has no reasoning behind it other than "Day one is weird."
These lines specifically made my spidey sense tingle:
First day is the worst day. We have nothing to go on.
"We shouldn't try to play the game. Just lynch whoever. Don't think about it too much!"
I hear that's a wolf strategy!
"I'm not a wolf! Honestly! Hee hee! Nothing to see here!"

Also, your most recent retort seems a tad… nervous.


 withdraw RMC 
 


 Holman 
 
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?


"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club

Fellowship of the Ring I
Fellowship of the Ring II

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21295
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:11 pm

Oh, this is fun!

You're barking up the wrong tree, though. Like I said, it's Day One.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15072
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Wed Jun 12, 2019 6:57 pm

Lagom Lite wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:37 pm
Lagom Lite wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 pm
Holman is definitely suspicious, that's two posts he's made that makes me raise an eyebrow.

Is that what you saw too, Lassr?
I meant to direct that question to Unagi, not Lassr. Mixed you up. Lassr voted for Holman, but Unagi wrote "There is one person that sorta just kinda catches my eye".
I saw nothing in his first post of the game that was suspicious...your suspicion of Holman for non-suspicious posts is suspicious.
Holman wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 6:20 pm
First day is the worst day. We have nothing to go on.

DRAZZIL! Is this your first OO werewolf game?? (I ask because Newcastle pointed out the accuse tags.)
:confusion-shrug:
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

User avatar
Remus West
Posts: 32923
Joined: Mon May 09, 2005 5:39 pm
Location: Not in Westland

Re: Game "almost" On. Awaiting all PMs to be read.

Post by Remus West » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:02 am

Votes:
1. Isgrimnur - Scoop
2. El Guapo - RMC
3. Newcastle - RMC, Isgrimnur
4. Holman - Newcastle
5. Unagi - RMC
6. Lassr - Holman
7. Scoop -
8. Punisher -
9. Drazzil - Scoop
10. Lagom Lite - RMC, Holman
11. RMC - Scoop

Vote Totals:
RMC - 2
Scoop - 2
Holman - 2
Isgrminur - 1

6 votes is majority
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32721
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:27 am

As they say, the Devil's greatest trick was to convince everyone not to lynch him on day 1 in a werewolf game.

The case against Holman, such as it is, isn't too convincing to me. But of course, since it's day 1 there's not much *against* the case either I suppose.

Let's say:

 withdraw RMC
Punisher 

 


At least that will hopefully motivate him to speak up more.

User avatar
Newcastle
Posts: 9966
Joined: Mon Jan 17, 2005 1:22 am
Location: reading over a shoulder near you

Re: Game On!

Post by Newcastle » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:06 am

Lagom Lite wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:52 pm
Holman wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 pm
Lagom Lite wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 pm
Holman is definitely suspicious, that's two posts he's made that makes me raise an eyebrow.
Considering that I've made two posts since the game began, they must be sinister indeed.

My two posts:

1) "Hey Drazzil, you new? Day one is weird."

2) A vote on someone stepping off the train, which I freely admit has no reasoning behind it other than "Day one is weird."
These lines specifically made my spidey sense tingle:
First day is the worst day. We have nothing to go on.
"We shouldn't try to play the game. Just lynch whoever. Don't think about it too much!"
I hear that's a wolf strategy!
"I'm not a wolf! Honestly! Hee hee! Nothing to see here!"

Also, your most recent retort seems a tad… nervous.


 withdraw RMC 
 


 Holman 
 
Newcastle finds the post fascinating

  remove izzie  
 

  lagom lite  
 
America held hostage enters Day 39 holy crap he's lasted this long?

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.

Drazzil
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 pm

Newcastle wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:06 am
Lagom Lite wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:52 pm
Holman wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:36 pm
Lagom Lite wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 4:33 pm
Holman is definitely suspicious, that's two posts he's made that makes me raise an eyebrow.
Considering that I've made two posts since the game began, they must be sinister indeed.

My two posts:

1) "Hey Drazzil, you new? Day one is weird."

2) A vote on someone stepping off the train, which I freely admit has no reasoning behind it other than "Day one is weird."
These lines specifically made my spidey sense tingle:
First day is the worst day. We have nothing to go on.
"We shouldn't try to play the game. Just lynch whoever. Don't think about it too much!"
I hear that's a wolf strategy!
"I'm not a wolf! Honestly! Hee hee! Nothing to see here!"

Also, your most recent retort seems a tad… nervous.


 withdraw RMC 
 


 Holman 
 
Newcastle finds the post fascinating

  remove izzie  
 

  lagom lite  
 
This is sort of interesting.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21295
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:35 pm

Drazzil wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 pm

This is sort of interesting.
Is it really? :wink:

Day 1 is a long slog to a vote because no one knows anything. There have been no votes, there have been no claims to (or denials of) special roles, and there have been no results, so there is really nothing to go on. It's mostly posturing and pretended suspicion.

The problem is that we can't rush it because then Day 2 would feel like Day 1.

I picked Newcastle because he was the first player to remove himself from a growing list that might have resulted in a lynch, but I fully admit that this is a flimsy pretense for suspicion. Really I've got nothing.

Hopefully a better player will chime in with advice for a first-timer.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

Drazzil
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:15 pm

Holman wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 6:35 pm
Drazzil wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 1:27 pm

This is sort of interesting.
Is it really? :wink:

Day 1 is a long slog to a vote because no one knows anything. There have been no votes, there have been no claims to (or denials of) special roles, and there have been no results, so there is really nothing to go on. It's mostly posturing and pretended suspicion.

The problem is that we can't rush it because then Day 2 would feel like Day 1.

I picked Newcastle because he was the first player to remove himself from a growing list that might have resulted in a lynch, but I fully admit that this is a flimsy pretense for suspicion. Really I've got nothing.

Hopefully a better player will chime in with advice for a first-timer.
No it's not really... But I didn't want to say that cause I'd rather not find myself lynched on account of appearing to want to rush things. *sigh*

But that in itself is interesting. It could mean that our wolf is someone who hasen't said anything yet. I could posit that we lynch the inactives but that might just kill lazy villagers and advance the aims of the wolf.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15072
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:36 pm

Drazzil wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:15 pm
It could mean that our wolf is someone who hasen't said anything yet. I could posit that we lynch the inactives but that might just kill lazy villagers and advance the aims of the wolf.
yet that has been a strategy in the past because quiet villagers provide no info so get rid of them early before they cause problems in the late game.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Drazzil
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:15 pm

Lassr wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 8:36 pm
Drazzil wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:15 pm
It could mean that our wolf is someone who hasen't said anything yet. I could posit that we lynch the inactives but that might just kill lazy villagers and advance the aims of the wolf.
yet that has been a strategy in the past because quiet villagers provide no info so get rid of them early before they cause problems in the late game.
*facepalm*
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21295
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:12 am

More tips for Draz:

One lesson it takes a while to internalize (for me anyway) is that, if you're a non-special role human, it is NOT necessarily your goal to stay alive. You don't win by living; you win by your team killing all the wolves.

The wolves know the wolves, so they will never kill each other (unless they're getting desperate and one wants to hide inside a wolf lynch vote). Wolves are trying to pick out the Specials (seer, etc), and of course the Specials ARE trying to stay alive.

The earlier we are in the game, the less information is out there, so often it's just as well for a non-special human to take one for the team unless there is a credible case to suspect a wolf. It could save a Special from having to expose their role (which they usually feel forced to do if the vote is just about to lynch them).
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21295
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:19 am

...and of course a Wolf will often claim to be a Special if the lynch vote is about to get THEM.

That's when the game gets interesting.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Isgrimnur
Posts: 61539
Joined: Sun Oct 15, 2006 12:29 am
Location: Chookity pok
Contact:
Isgrimnur’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Game On!

Post by Isgrimnur » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:21 am

We kill the quiet ones because they aren't helping.

User avatar
Scoop20906
Posts: 11437
Joined: Tue May 03, 2005 3:50 pm
Location: Stafford, VA
scoop20906’s avatar
Loading…

Re: Game On!

Post by Scoop20906 » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:32 am

"Do you have any 3s?" shouted Scoop from the top of flagpole.

"What?" shouted Newcastle as he sat at the flagpole's base.

"3s? Do you have any?" shouted Scoop a little louder.

"Go Fish!" Newcastle responded grinning. "My turn, do you have any Kings?"

"Do I?" shouted Scoop.

Newcastle puts down his hand and looks at Scoop's hand on a flat stone beside him. "Yes, all mine!" responded Newcastle. "Your turn."

"Uh, do you have any 4s?" shouted Scoop.

"Nope. Sorry chum. Got any Jacks?" responded Newcastle.

"Do I?" shouted Scoop.

Newcastle looks at Scoop's hand again. "Yes, And that game!" responded Newcastle.

"Damn, you are really good at this. That's 5 games in a row." lamented Scoop.

"I guess I am just a natural." Newcastle responded snickering. "Another game?"
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906

Drazzil
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil » Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:58 pm

Holman wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:12 am
More tips for Draz:

One lesson it takes a while to internalize (for me anyway) is that, if you're a non-special role human, it is NOT necessarily your goal to stay alive. You don't win by living; you win by your team killing all the wolves.

The wolves know the wolves, so they will never kill each other (unless they're getting desperate and one wants to hide inside a wolf lynch vote). Wolves are trying to pick out the Specials (seer, etc), and of course the Specials ARE trying to stay alive.

The earlier we are in the game, the less information is out there, so often it's just as well for a non-special human to take one for the team unless there is a credible case to suspect a wolf. It could save a Special from having to expose their role (which they usually feel forced to do if the vote is just about to lynch them).
Wolves plural? As in two?
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32721
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 1:24 pm

Scoop20906 wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:32 am
"Do you have any 3s?" shouted Scoop from the top of flagpole.

"What?" shouted Newcastle as he sat at the flagpole's base.

"3s? Do you have any?" shouted Scoop a little louder.

"Go Fish!" Newcastle responded grinning. "My turn, do you have any Kings?"

"Do I?" shouted Scoop.

Newcastle puts down his hand and looks at Scoop's hand on a flat stone beside him. "Yes, all mine!" responded Newcastle. "Your turn."

"Uh, do you have any 4s?" shouted Scoop.

"Nope. Sorry chum. Got any Jacks?" responded Newcastle.

"Do I?" shouted Scoop.

Newcastle looks at Scoop's hand again. "Yes, And that game!" responded Newcastle.

"Damn, you are really good at this. That's 5 games in a row." lamented Scoop.

"I guess I am just a natural." Newcastle responded snickering. "Another game?"
Werewolves are famously fond of playing the game Go Fish.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21295
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:15 pm

Drazzil wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 12:58 pm
Holman wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:12 am
More tips for Draz:

One lesson it takes a while to internalize (for me anyway) is that, if you're a non-special role human, it is NOT necessarily your goal to stay alive. You don't win by living; you win by your team killing all the wolves.

The wolves know the wolves, so they will never kill each other (unless they're getting desperate and one wants to hide inside a wolf lynch vote). Wolves are trying to pick out the Specials (seer, etc), and of course the Specials ARE trying to stay alive.

The earlier we are in the game, the less information is out there, so often it's just as well for a non-special human to take one for the team unless there is a credible case to suspect a wolf. It could save a Special from having to expose their role (which they usually feel forced to do if the vote is just about to lynch them).
Wolves plural? As in two?
The current game has two wolves and 1 seer (a Special good-guy role).

Some games have had a more elaborate cast of Specials (and even sometimes wolves with Special powers).

The wolves are allowed to talk to each other (PMs or using a hidden forum elsewhere). We are forbidden to do that.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21295
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:19 pm

Holman wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:15 pm
We are forbidden to do that.
("We," presuming you're not a wolf, of course.)
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
El Guapo
Posts: 32721
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:01 pm
Location: Boston

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:16 pm

Holman wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 3:15 pm

The wolves are allowed to talk to each other (PMs or using a hidden forum elsewhere). We are forbidden to do that.
Usually true, but incorrect here.
Remus West wrote:
Thu May 23, 2019 11:41 am
Since not too many folks are checking in lets see what we can do with a vanilla WW game. PMs any time between anyone. 1 Seer. 2 Wolves depending on numbers.
Though I haven't received any PMs yet. I assume that all the cool kids are out exchanging PMs at the bar.

User avatar
Holman
Posts: 21295
Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2004 8:00 pm
Location: Approximately Wissahickon

Re: Game On!

Post by Holman » Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:23 pm

Wow. I checked that earlier, and I was so conditioned by past games that I actually read it as "No PMs" between anyone.

It's also a sentence fragment, which seems a bit odd.

REMUS, MAYBE THAT WAS AN ERROR? OR NOT?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.

User avatar
Lagom Lite
Posts: 3067
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:18 pm
Location: Gothenburg, Sweden

Re: Game On!

Post by Lagom Lite » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:19 pm

 withdraw Holman 
 


Back to  RMC 
 
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?


"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club

Fellowship of the Ring I
Fellowship of the Ring II

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15072
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:24 pm

Holman wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:23 pm
Wow. I checked that earlier, and I was so conditioned by past games that I actually read it as "No PMs" between anyone.

It's also a sentence fragment, which seems a bit odd.

REMUS, MAYBE THAT WAS AN ERROR? OR NOT?
That's how the games were when they first started, we could PM and have private conversations. Grund and Austin played me good in one of those games when I was sure Austin was good and was scheming with him in PM, all along he was sharing the info with his partner, and fellow wolf, Grund...oh good times...NOT!
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Drazzil
Posts: 3093
Joined: Fri Oct 15, 2004 3:54 pm

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:42 pm

Lassr wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:24 pm
Holman wrote:
Fri Jun 14, 2019 4:23 pm
Wow. I checked that earlier, and I was so conditioned by past games that I actually read it as "No PMs" between anyone.

It's also a sentence fragment, which seems a bit odd.

REMUS, MAYBE THAT WAS AN ERROR? OR NOT?
That's how the games were when they first started, we could PM and have private conversations. Grund and Austin played me good in one of those games when I was sure Austin was good and was scheming with him in PM, all along he was sharing the info with his partner, and fellow wolf, Grund...oh good times...NOT!
So are we or are we not allowed to PM?
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.

User avatar
Lassr
Posts: 15072
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2004 10:51 am
Location: Rocket City (AL)
Contact:
Lassr’s avatar
Snooze

Re: Game On!

Post by Lassr » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:42 pm

Remus said we are allowed.
The only reason people get lost in thought is because it's unfamiliar territory.

Post Reply