Donald Trump's Cabinet picks

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Jeff V

Re: Donald Trump's Cabinet picks

Post by Jeff V »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:29 pm Secret service director is out, according to all the TVs at the gym.
Please replace with incompetent buffoon who then fails prime mission. Pretty please.
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:45 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 2:29 pm Secret service director is out, according to all the TVs at the gym.
Please replace with incompetent buffoon who then fails prime mission. Pretty please.
Tuning in the all gorilla station?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Holman wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 7:49 pm
Breaking News: Kirstjen Nielsen is out as the homeland security secretary. President Trump blamed her for the rise in migrants entering the U.S. illegally.
It must really suck to sell your soul and then watch Trump wipe his ass with it.
(Allegedly) Fired by tweet:
Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen brought her resignation letter with her when she met President Trump in the White House residence yesterday afternoon, top sources tell Axios.

Inside the room: She wasn't intent on quitting but was prepared to, sources tell us. The meeting went poorly, and Trump didn't even let her announce her "resignation." While she was racing to put out the letter (not that different from one she wrote after midterms), Trump tweeted that she "will be leaving her position."

"She was undercut at every turn," a source close to DHS said. "She's done everything she can do. The White House is eating their own."
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

George Takei wins teh interwebs today:

Breaking: Trump nominates Cthulhu as Secretary of Homeland Security, hoping he will continue the policy of separating families and locking kids in cages. Asked to comment, the Great Old One vaporized the reporter asking the question, earning him yuge points with Trump.

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Trump's other cabinet members can rest easy - there's no way that Trump will turn on *them* for impulsive and irrational reasons, of course.
Black Lives Matter.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:33 pm Trump's other cabinet members can rest easy - there's no way that Trump will turn on *them* for impulsive and irrational reasons, of course.
Well, just like every other reality TV show, they are all just "acting"...

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Surprise, Surprise. Scott Pruitt now a Coal lobbyist...
Scott Pruitt, the embattled former administrator of the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, registered Thursday as a lobbyist with state regulators.

Pruitt's filings with the Indiana Lobby Registration Commission identify him as a self-employed consultant and list RailPoint Solutions LLC as his sole client. His lobbying topics include "energy" and "natural resources."

It's unclear what, exactly, Pruitt is working on or who he is meeting with at the Statehouse, but he has ties to the Indiana coal industry. IndyStar's attempts to reach him Thursday afternoon were unsuccessful.

RailPoint Solutions does not appear to have a web address, nor is a company by that name registered to do business in Indiana. A search of Delaware business records, however, shows an incorporation date of Jan. 22.

The lobbying registration lists Heather Tryon as a responsible party. Heather Tryon is also the name of the chief financial officer of Sunrise Coal, Indiana's second largest coal producer, according to the company's website.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Shocking exactly no one, it turns out Stephen Moore (Trump's pick for the Fed Reserve Board) is a sexist douche in addition to being a complete moron.
n one of his 2002 columns, Moore suggested changes to March Madness tournament to get rid of "un-American" aspects of it. The first rule proposed by Moore was "no women."

"Here's the rule change I propose: No more women refs, no women announcers, no women beer venders, no women anything," he wrote in March 2002. "There is, of course, an exception to this rule. Women are permitted to participate, if and only if, they look like Bonnie Bernstein. The fact that Bonnie knows nothing about basketball is entirely irrelevant." He later wrote that Bernstein, a CBS sports journalist at the time, should wear halter tops.

Earlier the column, Moore expressed disgust at a woman refereeing an NCAA game.

"How outrageous is this? This year they allowed a woman ref a men's NCAA game. Liberals celebrate this breakthrough as a triumph for gender equity," Moore wrote. "The NCAA has been touting this as example of how progressive they are. I see it as an obscenity. Is there no area in life where men can take vacation from women? What's next? Women invited to bachelor parties? Women in combat? (Oh yeah, they've done that already.) Why can't women ref he women's games and men the men's games. I can't wait to see the first lady ref have a run in with Bobby Knight."

Moore wrote that this was part of the "bigger and more serious social problem in America" which was "the feminization of basketball generally." Moore added he didn't care about watching women's basketball and he was upset games were shown on ESPN.

"And while I'm venting on the subject, here's another travesty: in playground games and rec leagues these days, women now feel free to play with the men — uninvited in almost every case," added Moore. "There's no joy in dunking over a girl. Never mind that I can't dunk (except on the eight-foot baskets). If I could, I wouldn't celebrate dunking over someone named Tina."

Moore addressed complaints about his column the 13 days later, mocking claims of sexism.

"Several readers (all women) have called and e-mailed complaining about my last column as 'sexist' because I said that women shouldn't be permitted to ref the men's game," wrote Moore. "Their retort was: 'Well then why should men ref the women's games?' Look, for all I care the women can use chimpanzees to ref their games. I hate women's basketball."
His defense is that he was "just kidding" and that liberals have no sense of humor, of course.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue is moving forward with plans to relocate two influential scientific agencies out of downtown Washington, a cost-saving initiative that critics fear could provoke mass resignations among employees who perform critical agricultural research and produce statistics that shape farm policy.

In a meeting last week, Chris Hartley, acting administrator of the Agriculture Department’s Economics Research Service, told researchers at that agency to expect reassignment letters in mid-May, according to two ERS employees who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.

Although the new location has yet to be announced, Hartley told researchers that they would have about 120 days to uproot their families and report for duty. Of 68 towns and cities in contention to host the agency, College Park and Montgomery County, Md., are within a few dozen miles of its current offices. Many candidates, such as Denver, Des Moines and Kansas City, are hundreds or more than a thousand miles away.

Staff at the National Institute for Food and Agriculture, which Perdue also selected for relocation, haven’t received a date for the move, said a NIFA employee who spoke on the condition of anonymity because the person wasn’t authorized to discuss the move.

The relocation plan was unveiled in August, a prelude to the broad restructuring of the USDA workforce that Perdue announced this month, dubbed “OneNeighborhood.” Among other provisions, it seeks to consolidate USDA employees, moving them out of rented space across the capital region and into two department-owned buildings in the D.C. area that are undergoing renovations.
Past USDA chief scientists expressed “profound concern” in a letter to Congress, co-signed by more than 70 former USDA officials, university deans and agriculture scientists. “In a major relocation, there will be substantial staff loss because of either an unwillingness or other preventing circumstances to move,” the letter said. Signatories also worried that move could fray the close ties between these offices and nearby federal research agencies, such as the National Science Foundation, the National Institutes of Health and the Department of Energy.
There is currently no chief scientist overseeing the research at USDA. Trump’s first nominee, the radio host Sam Clovis, had no scientific credentials and withdrew his nomination in 2017 over links to the Russia investigation. Scott Hutchins, the second nominee, was awaiting Senate confirmation when he was appointed, in January, as the deputy undersecretary for Research, Education and Economics, a position that does not require congressional approval.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/ ... 712817001/
WASHINGTON — U.S. Education Secretary Betsy DeVos today named former Michigan Gov. John Engler — with whom she worked as a state Republican Party official when he was in office — to a national education assessment board as chairman.

DeVos appointed Engler and five others to four-year terms on the 26-member National Assessment Governing Board, beginning Oct. 1. The board helps set policy for the National Assessment of Educational Progress (NAEP), which conducts periodic assessments on student performance in nearly a dozen subjects.

Engler was a driving force behind education reforms in Michigan in the 1990s including the push for charter schools in the state. DeVos was brought on as education secretary by President Donald Trump this year after a long history as a school choice advocate and, along with her family, active Republican fundraisers and financial supporters.
I actually didn't hate Engler as a governor... buuuut... a shitton of his stripes were exposed when he started attacking the Nassar victims when he took on being interim presidency at MSU.

https://www.detroitnews.com/story/news/ ... 699752002/
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

It doesn't bother you that he had a big hand in creating the mess that is our state's educational system right now? Authorizing so many charter schools with so little oversite, draining the resources of districts through splitting their student body into so many pieces?
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:38 am It doesn't bother you that he had a big hand in creating the mess that is our state's educational system right now? Authorizing so many charter schools with so little oversite, draining the resources of districts through splitting their student body into so many pieces?
Not hating and embracing are two different things. Also, in hindsight, if I went back over his work, I'd probably disapprove of more of groundwork he laid and laws he helped to enact. At the time, he seemed like he was doing a better job than Blanchard or Granholm, which does not mean he was a great governor. Snyder was in a low by himself from very early in his stay.

I never liked him enough to vote for him. I want to say I voted for John Love. Oddly enough I actually liked Posthumus and his commitment to natural resources and preserving them and voted for him. But Posthumus wasn't embraced by his party and he lost to Granholm. Go figure. It was also during Engler's tenure that my independent and purple voting started tipping from red to blue and he was partly responsible for that shift and the rise of vouchers was part of that shift. Still I didn't hate him, even as they played games with OBE.

His actions taking the helm of MSU, though? That bothered me. Very much so.
Last edited by LordMortis on Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Is there no area in life where men can take vacation from women? What's next? Women invited to bachelor parties? Women in combat? (Oh yeah, they've done that already.)
Right, because the whole point of combat, or war really, is to get away from women.

All these guys seem to have some deep seated sexual issues and self-loathing.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
GreenGoo

Post by GreenGoo »

Women also attend bachelor parties on occasion. See, the thing is, women exist. And sometimes, they're friends. Well, assuming you don't spend all your time hating them and trying to get away from them, that is.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:13 am
Remus West wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:38 am It doesn't bother you that he had a big hand in creating the mess that is our state's educational system right now? Authorizing so many charter schools with so little oversite, draining the resources of districts through splitting their student body into so many pieces?
Not hating and embracing are two different things. Also, in hindsight, if I went back over his work, I'd probably disapprove of more of groundwork he laid and laws he helped to enact. At the time, he seemed like he was doing a better job than Blanchard or Granholm, which does not mean he was a great governor. Snyder was in a low by himself from very early in his stay.

I never liked him enough to vote for him. I want to say I voted for John Love. Oddly enough I actually liked Posthumus and his commitment to natural resources and preserving them and voted for him. But Posthumus wasn't embraced by his party and he lost to Granholm. Go figure. It was also during Engler's tenure that my independent and purple voting started tipping from red to blue and he was partly responsible for that shift and the rise of vouchers was part of that shift. Still I didn't hate him, even as they played games with OBE.

His actions taking the helm of MSU, though? That bothered me. Very much so.
I hated him. Probably because I was more directly impacted by his choices. His actions taken at MSU simply cemented how I feel about him. Which is to say he fits right in with the modern day GOP in my eyes.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Remus West wrote: Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:51 am I hated him. Probably because I was more directly impacted by his choices. His actions taken at MSU simply cemented how I feel about him. Which is to say he fits right in with the modern day GOP in my eyes.
At the time, I was. He didn't seem to be the catalyst. Our legilature and... DeVos... And Bush support of vouchers and NCLB (which was actually an extension of Clinton's work on OBE to a conclusion) I hated. Again, hindsight may very well show Engler to be worse than I would have laid at his feet at the time. But I didn't hate him. MSU was a complete exposure of his soul.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
The White House said Wednesday that it will not authorize any executive branch officials to disclose to Congress information about individual security clearances, a move that House Oversight Committee Chairman Elijah E. Cummings (D-Md.) called “the latest example of the president’s widespread and growing obstruction of Congress.”
Enlarge Image
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I'm not sure whether this technically qualifies as a "cabinet" pick, but the other hack (Stephen Moore) that Trump nominated for the Fed has withdrawn his candidacy.

Good news.
Black Lives Matter.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

I love that within minutes today of him giving a quote to the press to the effect of: "I'm in this until the end", Drumpf threw him under the bus. :roll:

At least the country got a refresher course in how awful of a person Stephen Moore is.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Politico
Mark Morgan, the White House choice to lead Immigration and Customs Enforcement, said during a Fox News interview earlier this year that he can judge the likelihood that an unaccompanied minor will become a gang member by looking into that child's eyes.

“I’ve been to detention facilities where I’ve walked up to these individuals that are so-called minors, 17 or under,” Morgan said on “Tucker Carlson Tonight” in January. “I’ve looked at them and I’ve looked at their eyes, Tucker — and I’ve said that is a soon-to-be MS-13 gang member. It’s unequivocal.”

The comment surfaced Thursday as part of a broader review of his Morgan's public utterances by HuffPost. The outlet found Morgan notched nearly 100 television and radio appearances after a series of interviews with Tucker Carlson.

The view that unaccompanied minors are more likely to become criminals is unsupported by statistical evidence. Studies have shown immigrants — legal and undocumented — are less likely to commit crimes than native-born Americans.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I don't even know where to put this stuff anymore. Do we have a "Mitch McConnell is a Shitbag" thread I missed? Anyway, how is this not making huge news? How is this not an alarms should be going off moment?
The Transportation Department under Secretary Elaine Chao designated a special liaison to help with grant applications and other priorities from her husband Mitch McConnell’s state of Kentucky, paving the way for grants totaling at least $78 million for favored projects as McConnell prepared to campaign for reelection.

Chao’s aide Todd Inman, who stated in an email to McConnell’s Senate office that Chao had personally asked him to serve as an intermediary, helped advise the senator and local Kentucky officials on grants with special significance for McConnell — including a highway-improvement project in a McConnell political stronghold that had been twice rejected for previous grant applications.
To the point:
The circumstances surrounding the Owensboro grant and another, more lucrative grant to Boone County, highlight the ethical conflicts in having a powerful Cabinet secretary married to the Senate’s leader and in a position to help him politically. McConnell has long touted his ability to bring federal resources to his state, which his wife is now in a position to assist.

Chao’s designation of Inman as a special intermediary for Kentucky — a privilege other states did not enjoy — gave a special advantage to projects favored by her husband, which could in turn benefit his political interests. In such situations, ethicists say, each member of a couple benefits personally from the success of the other.

The Transportation Department under Secretary Elaine Chao designated a special liaison to help with grant applications and other priorities from her husband Mitch McConnell’s state of Kentucky, paving the way for grants totaling at least $78 million for favored projects as McConnell prepared to campaign for reelection.

“Where a Cabinet secretary is doing things that are going to help her husband get reelected, that starts to rise to the level of feeling more like corruption to the average American. … I do think there are people who will see that as sort of ‘swamp behavior,’” said John Hudak, a Brookings Institution scholar who has studied political influence in federal grant-making.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Holman

Post by Holman »

Remember back when we had to qualify blanket criticism of Trump's whole cabinet with "at least Elaine Chao seems OK"?

Yeah. About that.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

That is some Chicago Illinois shit right there. Go McConnells!
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Holman wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:19 am Remember back when we had to qualify blanket criticism of Trump's whole cabinet with "at least Elaine Chao seems OK"?
No.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh, well Mitch has officially denied any special treatment, so I guess we can label this settled:
When he’s home in Kentucky, Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell likes to brag about the federal dollars he’s helped bring to the state. But when he’s being asked about reports that his wife, Transportation Secretary Elaine Chao, is giving his state special treatment, he’s been hard done by.

Asked about it on Tuesday, McConnell answered “You know, I was complaining to her just last night: 169 projects and Kentucky got only five. I hope we’ll do a lot better next year.” Ha ha! Just a little joke between powerful Republicans in a position to help each other out!

One of those projects, mind you, was rejected twice before being awarded $11.5 million in 2018, and Chao’s chief of staff has directly told McConnell’s chief of staff to come directly to him with Kentucky-specific issues. But nothing to see here.
Also, F Mitch McConnell.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Dec 23, 2018 1:43 pm Trump names Patrick Shanahan acting defence secretary
Deputy Defence Secretary Patrick Shanahan has been appointed acting Pentagon chief, President Donald Trump has announced.

The move follows the resignation of James Mattis, who hinted at policy differences with Mr Trump when he stepped down on Friday.
I wonder if he's acting until confirmed by the senate (does he need to be confirmed again after being confirmed for his prior position?) or until Trump can find someone suitably horrible to take over the position on a more permanent basis.
WaPo
In the months that he has served as President Trump’s acting secretary of defense, Patrick Shanahan has worked to keep domestic violence incidents within his family private. His wife was arrested after punching him in the face, and his son was arrested after a separate incident in which he hit his mother with a baseball bat. Public disclosure of the nearly decade-old episodes would re-traumatize his young adult children, Shanahan said.

On Tuesday, Trump announced in a tweet that Shanahan would not be going through with the nomination process, which had been delayed by an unusually lengthy FBI background check, “so that he can devote more time to his family.”

Shanahan spoke publicly about the incidents in interviews with The Washington Post on Monday and Tuesday.
Holman

Post by Holman »

On Tuesday, Trump announced in a tweet that Shanahan would not be going through with the nomination process, which had been delayed by an unusually lengthy FBI background check, “so that he can devote more time to his family.”
The joke writes itself.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Pyperkub wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:34 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:33 pm Trump's other cabinet members can rest easy - there's no way that Trump will turn on *them* for impulsive and irrational reasons, of course.
I guess I'll re-iterate this ;)

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Pyperkub wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 7:19 pm
Pyperkub wrote: Mon Apr 08, 2019 4:34 pm
I guess I'll re-iterate this ;)
It's funny because it's true.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

He must have coughed.
Covfefe!
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I think the clown car description was accurate:
Donald Trump’s presidential transition team vetted potential administration officials with a not-so-stringent process that amounted to looking them up on the internet...

...the transition team faced major problems after Trump fired former New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie...

...“Traditionally, any would-be top official faces three types of vetting: an FBI background check, a scrub for financial conflicts of interest from the Office of Government Ethics, and a deep dive from the president-elect’s political team, which veteran Washington lawyers often handle,” Axios reports.

But Christie’s absence reportedly left the vetting process to “twenty-something-year-old” staffers of the Republican National Committee, who used Google and LexisNexis to research cabinet members.
So yeah, worse than any generic HR department, I'd say.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

And of course, making the Swamp pay pennies on the dollar for crimes and graft:
A Homeland Security Department inspector general probe last year found that Long spent $151,000 using government-funded Chevrolet Suburbans for routine weekend travel to his home in North Carolina. After POLITICO broke the story of the investigation in September, Long was forced to reimburse the expenses, which he agreed to do.

But a copy of Long’s personal check, obtained by the watchdog group American Oversight through a public records request, shows that the former administrator paid back only $2,716 — less than 2 percent of the total cost billed to taxpayers.

That’s because then-Homeland Security Secretary Kirstjen Nielsen, who oversaw FEMA, did not require Long to reimburse the government fully for his misuse of an expensive program.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

And more Swampiness at the EPA:
Environmental Protection Agency air chief Bill Wehrum, who helped reverse Obama-era rules aimed at cutting pollutants, is stepping down amid scrutiny over possible violations of federal ethics rules.

EPA Administrator Andrew Wheeler’s announcement Wednesday did not cite a specific reason for the departure of Wehrum, who as an attorney represented power companies seeking to scale back several air pollution rules before joining the Trump administration. But Wehrum has privately expressed concern about how an ongoing House Energy and Commerce Committee probe was affecting his former law firm, Hunton Andrews Kurth, according to individuals familiar with the matter who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss private conversations.

Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Foreign policy run by Fredo:
In newly disclosed testimony, former secretary of state Rex Tillerson said President Trump’s son-in-law, Jared Kushner, operated independently with powerful leaders around the world without coordination with the State Department, leaving Tillerson out of the loop and in the dark on emerging U.S. policies and simmering geopolitical crises.

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Why anyone would trust the dummy from Magic is beyond me.
Covfefe!
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Apr 25, 2019 1:04 pm WaPo
Agriculture Secretary Sonny Perdue is moving forward with plans to relocate two influential scientific agencies out of downtown Washington, a cost-saving initiative that critics fear could provoke mass resignations among employees who perform critical agricultural research and produce statistics that shape farm policy.

In a meeting last week, Chris Hartley, acting administrator of the Agriculture Department’s Economics Research Service, told researchers at that agency to expect reassignment letters in mid-May, according to two ERS employees who spoke on the condition of anonymity to discuss internal deliberations.
WaPo
Members of Congress representing many of the D.C.-based federal workers whose jobs are about to be reassigned or moved to the Midwest are running out of ways to try to stop the Trump administration from relocating those offices.

Democratic lawmakers have written a flurry of letters, bills and amendments in a race to block the measures before the end of the fiscal year on Sept. 30, with little success.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Only the best.

Democrats on a key House congressional committee are investigating allegations from a whistleblower within the State Department about Secretary of State Mike Pompeo and his family's use of taxpayer-funded Diplomatic Security -- prompting agents to lament they are at times viewed as "UberEats with guns".

Congressional investigators, who asked for the committee not to be named as they carry out their inquiries, tell CNN that a State Department whistleblower has raised multiple issues over a period of months, about special agents being asked to carry out some questionable tasks for the Pompeo family.

In April, for example, an agent was asked to pick up Chinese food—without Pompeo in the car. The whistleblower said this led agents to complain that they are now serving as "UberEats with guns," which has created a buzz within the department, according to multiple Democratic congressional aides who cited the whistleblower.

On another occasion, the whistleblower told aides, a Diplomatic Security special agent was given the job of picking up the Pompeo family dog from a groomer.

The difference,.of course, is that you have to pay a service.charge for Uber Eats. Diplomatic Security is free!

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Government of, by and for the Propaganda station
Nauert was an anchor and correspondent on Fox News from August 2007 until April 2017, when she joined the State Department as a spokesperson. She reported receiving $167,000 from 21st Century Fox, which she characterized as “Salary,” in Part 2 of her termination report. Part 2 covered the period from January 1, 2018, eight months after she entered government, to March 31, 2019, the date she left the State Department.

If Nauert’s termination financial disclosure report is correct, the salary payments are problematic because the White House gave her an ethics waiver that authorized her to meet, interview, and communicate with 21st Century Fox employees. The Counsel to the President explained that the basis for the waiver included a finding that she did not have a “continuing relationship with” or “financial interest in” the company. The State Department’s ethics official gave Nauert a related ethics waiver, and he offered the same explanation.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

The brashness is unbelievable. Used to be there would be a handshake deal and they'd hire her on with a ghost salary 5 years after she leaves the administration. Now? Fuck it, pay her a salary. Ain't no one gonna do shit.

MYT