Unheard - an audio drama detective game

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Anyone else played this?

You're tasked with solving various mysterious crime scenes in which you must identify everyone present at the scene and determine what transpired by listening through what is essentially an audio drama recording of the events that took place. The twist being that you guide a virtualised 'Acoustic Detective' around the top-down scene of the crime, where you are able to wander around the location, following characters and eavesdropping upon the particular conversations recorded there. I find it somewhat reminiscent to the fundamentals of Return of the Obra Dinn (i.e. the identification process and deducing what transpired through logical deduction and careful listening). The audio drama vignettes are extremely well-produced with positional audio (the game specifically recommends playing on headphones), so it does a terrific job of creating 'The Theatre of the Mind' much like the radio dramas of old that first originated the term.

It certainly has a fairly unique premise, and I've so far found it quite enjoyable for <$5.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I've played the first two cases. This is a well crafted game. I really enjoy being this unseen force zipping around to easedrop on people.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Kasey Chang

Re: Unheard - an audio drama detective game

Post by Kasey Chang »

I bought it, but I hadn't found time to try it yet. I sounded interesting.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds