Our turn in the hospital

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Our turn in the hospital

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Bummer, man. Sorry to hear he's back in.
naednek wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 2:33 pm He's taken this like a champ, no whining, or crying, he just accepted it. It truly sucks that I can't give him something fun.
Take the lead from him. You are where you are, fun is where the dad is.

Plus it's not like you haven't given him a ton of joy already.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Everything I ever did with my dad was special to me. Just a thought.
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

em2nought wrote: Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:25 pm Everything I ever did with my dad was special to me. Just a thought.
This, even though my old man wasn't exactly Father of the Year material. It's something I should keep in mind more when I'm frustrated at being denied any "me" time.

naednek, find things to do with your boy while he's in the hospital. Can you read him books, play games or the like? My son likes watching music videos with me. Some day he may even sit through an entire movie!
Black Lives Matter
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Get well soon Ethan! You can do it!

PS hopefully better wifi this time.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

Definitely a good idea to read to/with him! Videos, games, whatever he likes to do that you can do there. And play oral games with him too (I spy, make up games, whatever). Help take his mind off the situation for a little while.

Good luck, you got this Ethan!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

naednek wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 5:41 pm
hepcat wrote: Fri Jan 04, 2019 10:00 am Give him a group hug from all of us! Then get him toys...copious amounts of toys. I want you to spoil that kid!
He's got enough toys from Xmas :)

PICC line was installed 2 hours after the IV, he's in a good state of mine. Not liking the crappy hospital wifi. I brought the PS4 over, and most of the games I loaded from the PSN + are relient on the internet since it's tied to my online account. So when the wi-fi becomes spotty, his games get locked. Looking at hotspots options. Not looking to game\stream, but to just tell Sony, it's me, let me play my games.

Tonight is my shift, he's tired, he went to bed at 12:30 and woke up at 7am. The area around his picc line was sore. They finally gave him some pain meds and was out in 10 minutes.

Hoping he stays happy tonight. Nothing worse than being a kid stuck to a bed.
Pulling for you and little Ethan N.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

What, are our kids secretly synchronizing this? We had to take my oldest in overnight (at 2:30 am) when his oxygen sats wouldn't stay above 90%. They immediately admitted him to the PICU and intubated him. We're hoping this is a much shorter stay than in December, but the earliest he'll get extubated is Friday, and that's if everything goes perfectly.

Hospitals suck.
That's my purse! I don't know you!

Post by Default »

:shock:
Sorry to hear this! Hope everyone gets treated and released soon.
"pcp, lsd, thc, tgb...it's all good." ~ Kraken
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Well, damn. I hope everyone's kids come out of this week happy and healthy. Children can be amazingly resilient and incredibly optimistic.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Hospitals suck.
Amen
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
naednek

Post by naednek »

ImLawBoy wrote: Wed Jun 19, 2019 10:53 am What, are our kids secretly synchronizing this? We had to take my oldest in overnight (at 2:30 am) when his oxygen sats wouldn't stay above 90%. They immediately admitted him to the PICU and intubated him. We're hoping this is a much shorter stay than in December, but the earliest he'll get extubated is Friday, and that's if everything goes perfectly.

Hospitals suck.
Yikes!

As far as doing things to make it fun while it the hospital, I have that covered, I was more expressing the desire to actually go out and do something fun, which we had planned next week when staying at Avila near Pismo Beach.

I spent the night on Tuesday and hung out all day. Played cards, and continued our world building in minecraft. We've been playing the same minecraft world from 3 hospital stays ago. Sadly, it's quite big :P
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
naednek

Post by naednek »

Ethan might get discharged tomorrow, but my wife decided she needed to go to the ER. Turns out she has pneumonia! So now Ethan gets to go to my parents house if he's discharged to keep him away from the plague.
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Well, I can't one-up that. Max got discharged yesterday afternoon so we're all back home and hoping to avoid anyone else getting sick.

Best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery!
That's my purse! I don't know you!
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Breathe well, prOOgeny!
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Hope for speedy recovery for the wife. Pneumonia or falls are two things I worry about the most in regard to my mother. I kind of feel like I did my dad in way back when by giving him my chest cold.
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
naednek

Post by naednek »

I'm an open book with Ethan, I think helps spread awareness and your extended family :)

Ethan was discharged today. On tuesday (my birthday) he had done a PFT and his numbers were about as bad as he was admitted a week prior. So they wanted to do a bronchoscopy to clean the insides of his lungs and to get a deeper culture to see if he was growing something.

Nothing was growing, and they cleaned most of it out. The scope couldn't get all the way down, so they sprayed some pulmozyme that helps breaks down the mucus. He takes that nebulized, this time they just squirted a bunch in while they were inside of his lungs. The next day we saw some improvement. The hospital PFT machines are old and the RT's are not on the same page with the clinic, so it's frustrating. We snuck out to the Clinic (on site) and had him do his test today, and scored much better! The pulmonologist was happy and is confident that he isn't growing anything and discharged him.

Last night I took my wife to the ER, turns out she has pneumonia. So Ethan is staying with my parents tonight and tomorrow night, and Lila with my Mother in Law tonight and my parents tomorrow. Our house has been kidless for 11+ days. Feels weird.

Thanks for all the support and well wishes. I like to make videos, and the song in this video came out yesterday (a remix) and it's the perfect song for what Ethan had to deal with this summer.

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Glad to hear things are going better.

Oh, and...

It's almost as if people are the problem.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 1:11 am Glad to hear things are going better.

Oh, and...

ya i know. my brother pointed that out. My wife usually spots that instantly, but with her having high fevers, she's behind her game :P
Zenn7

Post by Zenn7 »

YAY Ethan and Max! Kick that sick to the curb!

My wife had pneumonia earlier this year. Fortunately, for all my daughter's issues, they're mental, not physical (not to mention she was away at college anyway), so no issues there.

G'luck Mrs. Naednek, hoping a speedy recovery is coming your way.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Zenn7 wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:33 pm YAY Ethan and Max! Kick that sick to the curb!

My wife had pneumonia earlier this year. Fortunately, for all my daughter's issues, they're mental, not physical (not to mention she was away at college anyway), so no issues there.

G'luck Mrs. Naednek, hoping a speedy recovery is coming your way.
Erin is supposed to have abdominal surgery in 3 weeks. We're thinking that's not gonna happen now. Will no for sure on Monday. It's been a fun summer over here.

I hope Max is doing well now that he is out.