Game On!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

El Guapo

Re: Game On!

Post by El Guapo »

FWIW I also had PMs with Lassr. I guess he was a generally chatty guy, it seems. I suppose it's possible that that had something to do with his selection for night kill, though I'm not sure how/why.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

FWIW, I think Drazzil is playing like a new player with questions. Seems innocent to me.

Lagom Lite is playing aggressively, which to me reads as villager because it risks drawing fire this early on.

I've already indicated my suspicions of Newcastle.

Another who interests me, though, is Scoop. Normally he is off the wall with speculation and accusation, but he seems to have been playing cool in the run up to the lynch and the night kill. Seems unusual.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 pm FWIW, I think Drazzil is playing like a new player with questions. Seems innocent to me.

Lagom Lite is playing aggressively, which to me reads as villager because it risks drawing fire this early on.

I've already indicated my suspicions of Newcastle.

Another who interests me, though, is Scoop. Normally he is off the wall with speculation and accusation, but he seems to have been playing cool in the run up to the lynch and the night kill. Seems unusual.
Uh, did you miss my last accusation??? Drazzil made a rookie wolf mistake. Now I feel bad for him really I do but you don't get points for giving people breaks in this game. I've done it myself several times. Maybe more than anyone else.

He is a wolf I am pretty sure. Now that might not be off the wall but it is an accusation.

Oh, and for the record I am cucumber cool ALLLLLLLLLL the time. :mrgreen:
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I’m fine lynching Drazzil followed by Scoop if he’s wrong.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ok, who all spoke with Lassr?

Saw that Drazzil and El Guapo claimed it. Anyone else?

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:53 pm I’m fine lynching Drazzil followed by Scoop if he’s wrong.
Vote?

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Eventually.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I think scoop might be a wolf, perhaps working with newcastle. I don't have much to go on, just a gut feeling.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Scoop20906 wrote: Sat Jun 22, 2019 8:49 pm No deadline. I actually think the page has been pretty good. But yeah I'm ready to kill someone.

How about we set out own deadline? By Friday noon, everyone vote for whoever has the most votes. Ties decided random.org?
He said kill not lynch. Without reading into back posts too much, they were careful not to have votes on eachother too long. Scoop was the first person to vote newcastle one round (I think?) but seemed quick to jump on the train to lynch others.

I'm not sure about any of this but if I'm lynched this round, you guys may want to scan and or lynch one of those two.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

quote=Drazzil post_id=2660394 time=1561935636 user_id=343]
I think scoop might be a wolf, perhaps working with newcastle. I don't have much to go on, just a gut feeling.
[/quote]
Well, you are in good company because others have told me (through PM) that they are worried Newcastle and I are working together. The truth is I am working with Newcastle (well hope so) because I believe he is a slightly insane villager.

Check our new series on CBS Saturday 9:00 Eastern 8:00 Central or check your local listing.

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:53 pm Ok, who all spoke with Lassr?

Saw that Drazzil and El Guapo claimed it. Anyone else?
I was the first to claim it right after Drazzil.

It seems weird that you missed that.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Scoop20906 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:14 pm quote=Drazzil post_id=2660394 time=1561935636 user_id=343]
Well, you are in good company because others have told me (through PM) that they are worried Newcastle and I are working together. The truth is I am working with Newcastle (well hope so) because I believe he is a slightly insane villager.

Check our new series on CBS Saturday 9:00 Eastern 8:00 Central or check your local listing.

[/quote]

How do you know he's not a wolf?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

We are two former cops. I'm from the gritty streets of Quincy, CI and Newcastle is a former special operations Texas Ranger. We meet during an attack at a police convention where we are both being honored as American Heros. Do we survive the attack and save the day? Check out the world premiere next Saturday entitled "Lone wolves no more?"

Holman

Post by Holman »

Scoop20906 wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 7:14 pm Well, you are in good company because others have told me (through PM) that they are worried Newcastle and I are working together. The truth is I am working with Newcastle (well hope so) because I believe he is a slightly insane villager.
I assume we're supposed to take this as bullshit, but it's a weird claim nevertheless.

If you're a villager and Newcastle a wolf, you're casually giving him cover. Anything else looks even more suspicious.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman, please stop asking. I can't spoil our series premier.

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

/looks at scoop's pill box
/pops one of the purple pills

"I'm that smart mouth Texas speecial opeerative y'all been chiming on about!"

/looks at the script

/whispers "that right scoop?"
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Honestly, I think this is *exactly* how a Scoop/Newcastle wolf pairing would go...
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Newcastle wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:09 pm /looks at scoop's pill box
/pops one of the purple pills

"I'm that smart mouth Texas speecial opeerative y'all been chiming on about!"

/looks at the script

/whispers "that right scoop?"
Hey! Don't reveal your dark past. We don't get into that until Episode 7.

Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Before we lynch Holman, I'd like to hear some analysis from the players currently trying to fly under the radar:
RMC
Unagi
El Guapo
Isgrimnur
But you've seen who's in heaven
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
RMC

Post by RMC »

Lagom Lite wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:14 am Before we lynch Holman, I'd like to hear some analysis from the players currently trying to fly under the radar:
RMC
Unagi
El Guapo
Isgrimnur
I guess I must have missed something, I thought we were going for Drazzil, becuase of the "Second Wolf" comment. Did I miss something, other than the odd 80's reference to a show my mother used to watch?
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

RMC wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:33 am
Lagom Lite wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:14 am Before we lynch Holman, I'd like to hear some analysis from the players currently trying to fly under the radar:
RMC
Unagi
El Guapo
Isgrimnur
I guess I must have missed something, I thought we were going for Drazzil, becuase of the "Second Wolf" comment. Did I miss something, other than the odd 80's reference to a show my mother used to watch?
I have a feeling Holman is a wolf. I don't think Drazzil is.
Is there anyone in hell?

"Lagom you are a smooth tongued devil, and an opportunistic monster" - OOWW Game Club
Holman

Post by Holman »

Lagom Lite wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:52 am
RMC
Unagi
El Guapo
Isgrimnur
A “feeling”?
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:31 pm I figured that it was worth posting everything I wrote with Lassr and who we discussed in case I get lynched or killed at night. I want to give everyone the best chance of getting the wolves. Because I don't know who is who, amd I don't know who is "safe" I do everything publically and let the chips fall where they may.
I'm sort of struggling with the utility of PMs. Kind of seems like it's beneficial to the villagers to have the discussion out in the open where everyone can see it? I've literally never played in an "everyone can PM" game before though.
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:50 am
RMC
Unagi
El Guapo
Isgrimnur
A “feeling”?
That's a rough Swedish translation of "a PM from the moderator".
Black Lives Matter.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:02 am
Holman wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:50 am
RMC
Unagi
El Guapo
Isgrimnur
A “feeling”?
That's a rough Swedish translation of "a PM from the moderator".
:lol:
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Right now Drazzil's the main player I have my eye on, I think mainly due to the second wolf comment. The wild card with him is that he's a first time player, and I would tend to assume (if it were me) that as a first time player he would be generally following the guidance of the other wolf, so I would think that his playstyle this game as a wolf would be influenced materially by whomever his wolf partner would be.

Lagom reads to me as probably a villager. Feels like he's evaluating and probing in a fairly normal manner, at least to me.

Newcastle tends to read as a wolf for me in most games, but I'm not sure I have ever been in a game where he actually was a wolf, so I feel like I have a high risk of a 'false positive' with him which leads me to be cautious about pushing him.

Drazzil 

Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Drazzil 

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Drazzil 

Oh I see how it is.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:53 am
Isgrimnur wrote: Drazzil 

Oh I see how it is.
Yeah, I'm kind of getting an uneasy feeling about Isgrimnur too. Feels like he's hanging back a bit and trying to blend in with the crowd.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

That's what villagers do.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 am That's what villagers do.
and patient wolves
Bayraktar!!!!

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Isgrimnur wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:58 am That's what villagers do.
I mean, not really. Ideally villagers do their own analysis and probing in order to increase the information available to the villagers.

Unless you're talking about IRL villagers, in which case yes that is what they generally do.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

I'm still reading Drazzil as a new player trying to learn the ropes.

The "second wolf" comment is explicable there, I think. Wasn't he already presuming that someone else (LL?) was the first wolf?

People piled on it as a Gotcha, but I can't see how a wolf would make that slip. A wolf (who obviously knows the other wolf) would have no reason to put it that way--for him "the second wolf" is never a question.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the smoking gun some of y'all want it to be.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:18 am Right now Drazzil's the main player I have my eye on, I think mainly due to the second wolf comment. The wild card with him is that he's a first time player, and I would tend to assume (if it were me) that as a first time player he would be generally following the guidance of the other wolf,

Drazzil 

:lol: Seriously? When have I ever in the history of these forums ever followed guidance? Give me ONE time, go ahead... I'll wait.

But seriously, I am getting the feeling I'm being railroaded here again. Other people have made far more damning statements here and have said statements ignored or just laughed off. I've played three WW games and in every single game I'm railroaded. Me as a wolf would be the least fun game ever because it would be over in two rounds.

Its funny though because every time I was lynched and innocent and the wolves won. I'm innocent this time too. I made kind of a damning statement, I know but I corrected myself two seconds later before anyone else even posted, and explained myself as well.

If I seem defensive it's because I would love to actually finish a game instead of being lynched as an innocent just once. If the players here decide to lynch me it would be a massive mistake. I'm an ordinary villager.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

Passengers on the train to Newcastle:
Holman
punisher
Drazzil
RMC

I've re-read the thread, and I'm less suspicious of Holman now. Same goes for Drazzil. In any event, they're both active and participating which makes me less interested in lynching any of them today.

I think instead we should look at RMC + Unagi.

RMC was on the Newcastle train, as well as the punisher train. If he is a wolf, he's the aggressive one. So the other wolf is probably not on the train, to distance himself from RMC.

Unagi votes RMC right out of the gate, which is an easy vote to withdraw before it gets serious. Could be the wolf partner to RMC.

RMC 

Is there anyone in hell?

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I'm not sure who to vote for this time. I've reread this thread a lot and the people who stand out to me aren't on the suspects list.
Lagom Lite

Post by Lagom Lite »

To be clear, I'd be willing to vote for El Guapo or Isgrimnur as well.
Is there anyone in hell?

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:56 am I'm still reading Drazzil as a new player trying to learn the ropes.

The "second wolf" comment is explicable there, I think. Wasn't he already presuming that someone else (LL?) was the first wolf?

People piled on it as a Gotcha, but I can't see how a wolf would make that slip. A wolf (who obviously knows the other wolf) would have no reason to put it that way--for him "the second wolf" is never a question.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the smoking gun some of y'all want it to be.
great point
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Lagom Lite wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:43 pm Passengers on the train to Newcastle:
Holman
punisher
Drazzil
RMC

I've re-read the thread, and I'm less suspicious of Holman now. Same goes for Drazzil. In any event, they're both active and participating which makes me less interested in lynching any of them today.

I think instead we should look at RMC + Unagi.

RMC was on the Newcastle train, as well as the punisher train. If he is a wolf, he's the aggressive one. So the other wolf is probably not on the train, to distance himself from RMC.

Unagi votes RMC right out of the gate, which is an easy vote to withdraw before it gets serious. Could be the wolf partner to RMC.

RMC 

Historically RMC has been more the patient wolf I would think and Unagi was the fist in your face wolf.

Would be an interesting role reversal if deliberate.
Bayraktar!!!!

Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Holman wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:20 pm Honestly, I think this is *exactly* how a Scoop/Newcastle wolf pairing would go...
I can't wait to team up with him actually. Hasn't happened in a while...forget if it has.
Bayraktar!!!!