Game On!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Unagi

Re: Game On!

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:56 am I'm still reading Drazzil as a new player trying to learn the ropes.

The "second wolf" comment is explicable there, I think. Wasn't he already presuming that someone else (LL?) was the first wolf?

People piled on it as a Gotcha, but I can't see how a wolf would make that slip. A wolf (who obviously knows the other wolf) would have no reason to put it that way--for him "the second wolf" is never a question.

I could be wrong, but I don't think it's the smoking gun some of y'all want it to be.
I don't really think the 2nd wolf comment was the 'slip' part, it was where he spoke in a way that seemed to indicate that Lagom would be an innocent if has lynched, on the heals of the 2nd wolf comment... they can't live in the same breath like that.
Do you understand what I'm getting at?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 pm Another who interests me, though, is Scoop. Normally he is off the wall with speculation and accusation, but he seems to have been playing cool in the run up to the lynch and the night kill. Seems unusual.
Normally when Scoop gets a wolf role, there is a sense that he is holding himself back. I can't say that he seems all that 'jazzed up' right now at all. He's playing, and certainly playing fairly cool for Scoop, but I was leaning 'villager'. I am actually most amazed that he would accept Newcastle as quickly as he has, and I actually did breifly consider if they were BOTH evil, but man- I think it's not likely that Scoop would pronounce his acceptence of a Partner Newcastle like that... It's more likely Scoop is being dooped by a wolf-castle. That being said, I'm not really feeling that's what is happening either... but both being wolves and being open like that - maybe, but no.

Issy is totally playing it chill.
El Guapo too, although I felt like he was playing earlier more.

I tend to ignore RMC (I think I just never read him well), which is why I suggested Day 1 for him. (this is not to say I would refuse to vote for him)

Lagom seems to have turned on a bit suddenly, and all staring with the 'bullseye on me' comment.

Holman, leaning good guy Holman - I am pretty sure.

I think that's everyone (covered Drazzil before)

I'd kinda like to hear Drazzil's reply (re: his pronouncement of an innocent Lagom) before I say who I think the wolves may be.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:53 pm I’m fine lynching Drazzil followed by Scoop if he’s wrong.
Noted!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:09 pm FWIW I also had PMs with Lassr. I guess he was a generally chatty guy, it seems. I suppose it's possible that that had something to do with his selection for night kill, though I'm not sure how/why.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
I assume that Lassr contacted you? Did he mention why he was contacting some people and not others?

Holman? Drazzil?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:58 am
Drazzil wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:31 pm I figured that it was worth posting everything I wrote with Lassr and who we discussed in case I get lynched or killed at night. I want to give everyone the best chance of getting the wolves. Because I don't know who is who, amd I don't know who is "safe" I do everything publically and let the chips fall where they may.
I'm sort of struggling with the utility of PMs. Kind of seems like it's beneficial to the villagers to have the discussion out in the open where everyone can see it? I've literally never played in an "everyone can PM" game before though.
Last time I recall playing in a PM Free game, I put trust in bb2112 and Oh that totally screwed me over, as I was the Seer and told the wolf as much.

It sucked.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:17 pm
El Guapo wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 11:09 pm FWIW I also had PMs with Lassr. I guess he was a generally chatty guy, it seems. I suppose it's possible that that had something to do with his selection for night kill, though I'm not sure how/why.

I assume that Lassr contacted you? Did he mention why he was contacting some people and not others?

Holman? Drazzil?
He did. He messaged me shortly after I posted "I haven't gotten any PMs, I assume the cool kids are all chatting" or whatever I said. Which is what prompted him to message me, I think.

I assume that he was only PM'ing the handsome intelligent players. Other than that I don't know.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Grrrrrr. Stupid pms.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

:D :roll:
That's funny to me.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:20 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:58 am
Drazzil wrote: Sat Jun 29, 2019 12:31 pm I figured that it was worth posting everything I wrote with Lassr and who we discussed in case I get lynched or killed at night. I want to give everyone the best chance of getting the wolves. Because I don't know who is who, amd I don't know who is "safe" I do everything publically and let the chips fall where they may.
I'm sort of struggling with the utility of PMs. Kind of seems like it's beneficial to the villagers to have the discussion out in the open where everyone can see it? I've literally never played in an "everyone can PM" game before though.
Last time I recall playing in a PM Free game, I put trust in bb2112 and Oh that totally screwed me over, as I was the Seer and told the wolf as much.

It sucked.
Yeah, I would recommend against doing that.
Black Lives Matter.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Free PMs is making this game harder. First I am the Robert Downey Jr. of werewolf games. everyone should be clamoring to talk to me secretly.

Second, I've never played a game with free PMs. It adds alot of extra noise I'm not used to.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

OK,
Obviously there a chance that the wolves were among the people that were contacted (perhaps not even chiming in right now about it) by Lassr.
And is it possible that Lassr shared some thoughts with you guys and even with one of the wolves and this is why he was killed. Did Lassr sound like he was building a coalition against someone in your PMs? I can't imagine on Day 1 that Lassr would have any strong opinions that would lead to people freaking out over the PMs, but it's seems possibly connected that he is someone that reached out to people and he was also killed - perhaps for that reason (or the message contained).
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:30 pm OK,
Obviously there a chance that the wolves were among the people that were contacted (perhaps not even chiming in right now about it) by Lassr.
And is it possible that Lassr shared some thoughts with you guys and even with one of the wolves and this is why he was killed. Did Lassr sound like he was building a coalition against someone in your PMs? I can't imagine on Day 1 that Lassr would have any strong opinions that would lead to people freaking out over the PMs, but it's seems possibly connected that he is someone that reached out to people and he was also killed - perhaps for that reason (or the message contained).
He mentioned that he had his eye on Lagom, but not in a way that made me think that he had any real conviction on him (which made sense, with it being day 1 and all).

Relatedly, I assume it's kosher to discuss PMs in the main game thread? I gather that it is since people are doing it, but just wanted to confirm.

I also assume that the wolves could misrepresent the content of PMs, though presumably they would only do so on PMs with dead people (since the living would presumably object).
Black Lives Matter.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I also guess it's pretty unlikely that this is why Lassr was killed, unless he did something super foolish like mention in a PM to wolves that he was the seer, to pick a random example.
Black Lives Matter.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Holman? Drazzil?
Lassr's PM was in response to my question about whether the PM rule was for real or a typo.

He made a comment that PM's could make the seer more powerful (because they could safely PM with those they had scanned).

This was a Day One message, so he can't have been telling me that he scanned me. I don't think he was claiming seer, since that would been nuts.

I assume he was fishing for replies and wondering whether he might sift anything from them. He didn't mention other contacts.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Holman

Post by Holman »

El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:54 pm He mentioned that he had his eye on Lagom, but not in a way that made me think that he had any real conviction on him (which made sense, with it being day 1 and all).
Given the intentionally light-hearted and non-committal nature of the message I got (which named no one), I am suddenly very suspicious of you.
El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:55 pm I also guess it's pretty unlikely that this is why Lassr was killed, unless he did something super foolish like mention in a PM to wolves that he was the seer, to pick a random example.
Oh, wow. You posted this so you could be proud of it later, didn't you?

Now I'm REALLY kind of wondering if he said to you what he said to me, but you (as a wolf) took it as a clue that Lassr was seer and picked him for the kill.

Looking back, it appears that I, Lassr, Drazzil, and El Guapo (and ONLY the four of us) were all involved in the brief exchange about PMs before Remus cleared it up. I know that 's the exchange that prompted Lassr's message to me.

Drazzil, did Lassr's message to you reference the legality of PMs?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Holman wrote:

Holman? Drazzil?
Lassr's PM was in response to my question about whether the PM rule was for real or a typo.

He made a comment that PM's could make the seer more powerful (because they could safely PM with those they had scanned).

This was a Day One message, so he can't have been telling me that he scanned me. I don't think he was claiming seer, since that would been nuts.

I assume he was fishing for replies and wondering whether he might sift anything from them. He didn't mention other contacts.
Just that kind of comment will get you killed. I bet he was trying to draw the kill to protect a Seer. Hope thats the way it works.

El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:13 pm
El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:54 pm He mentioned that he had his eye on Lagom, but not in a way that made me think that he had any real conviction on him (which made sense, with it being day 1 and all).
Given the intentionally light-hearted and non-committal nature of the message I got (which named no one), I am suddenly very suspicious of you.
El Guapo wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:55 pm I also guess it's pretty unlikely that this is why Lassr was killed, unless he did something super foolish like mention in a PM to wolves that he was the seer, to pick a random example.

Now I'm REALLY kind of wondering if he said to you what he said to me, but you (as a wolf) took it as a clue that Lassr was seer and picked him for the kill.

Looking back, it appears that I, Lassr, Drazzil, and El Guapo (and ONLY the four of us) were all involved in the brief exchange about PMs before Remus cleared it up. I know that 's the exchange that prompted Lassr's message to me.

Huh? On the second part, I was mocking Unagi, as he mentioned that in a previous game (with PMs) that he PM'd with a wolf (bb2112, in that case), was the seer, and told bb2112 that he was the seer. Which, unsurprisingly, got him killed. I was making the point that it seems unlikely that Lassr said anything that got him killed (even assuming for the moment that he PM'd with at least one wolf).

As for the first part, Lassr and I asked each other whether there was anyone that we had our eyes on. He mentioned Lagom, but like I said it wasn't anything like "Lagom is definitely a wolf!", it was more like idle chatter. I didn't (and still don't) think it amounts to much (or to be more specific, I think it's worth about as much as my day 1 speculation, which is essentially zero). But Unagi asked whether Lassr mentioned anyone, and that's the answer.
Black Lives Matter.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:43 pm
Lassr wrote:Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:52 pm He's played enough that it would be hard to flush him out. Just keep an eye on his activity. If he is suspicious enough the seer can scan him. If he is human the seer then has a trusted to pass info to in PM. If he scan wolf the seer has a choice to make, reveal so we nab 1 of the 2, or keep quiet and hope he stays alive another day.

What we want to avoid on day 1 is getting a lot of people close to lynch until we corner the seer, making him reveal if we almost lynch him. I always want to be sure I want to lynch someone on day 1 before I place a vote that keeps them close to the majority.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:13 pm
Holman wrote: Sun Jun 30, 2019 6:47 pm Another who interests me, though, is Scoop. Normally he is off the wall with speculation and accusation, but he seems to have been playing cool in the run up to the lynch and the night kill. Seems unusual.
Normally when Scoop gets a wolf role, there is a sense that he is holding himself back. I can't say that he seems all that 'jazzed up' right now at all. He's playing, and certainly playing fairly cool for Scoop, but I was leaning 'villager'. I am actually most amazed that he would accept Newcastle as quickly as he has, and I actually did breifly consider if they were BOTH evil, but man- I think it's not likely that Scoop would pronounce his acceptence of a Partner Newcastle like that... It's more likely Scoop is being dooped by a wolf-castle. That being said, I'm not really feeling that's what is happening either... but both being wolves and being open like that - maybe, but no.

Issy is totally playing it chill.
El Guapo too, although I felt like he was playing earlier more.

I tend to ignore RMC (I think I just never read him well), which is why I suggested Day 1 for him. (this is not to say I would refuse to vote for him)

Lagom seems to have turned on a bit suddenly, and all staring with the 'bullseye on me' comment.

Holman, leaning good guy Holman - I am pretty sure.

I think that's everyone (covered Drazzil before)

I'd kinda like to hear Drazzil's reply (re: his pronouncement of an innocent Lagom) before I say who I think the wolves may be.
I was making the assumption that if Lagom was innocent, and I posted Lassr's PM about the possibility that Lagom was the wolf, that the REAL wolves could kill me, thereby virtually guranteeing Lagom's lynch the next round. At least that's where my mind was atm. So two innocents for the price of one.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:13 pm

No. I PMed him first, about being suspicious of Lagom.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman, it sounds like your message didn't include anything about Lagom at all. And I think this is correct:

Drazzil reached out to Lassr.
Holman was contacted by Lassr.
El Guapo was contacted by Lassr.

Drazzil is either playing very well or is innocent, IMO.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:21 pm
No. I PMed him first, about being suspicious of Lagom.
OK. This actually reassures me somewhat about El Guapo.

El G's point about Lassr ("Woulda been a shame to out himself as the seer") triggered all my suspicions because it seemed like a perfect parody of the message I actually did receive from Lassr.
Unagi wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:41 pm Holman, it sounds like your message didn't include anything about Lagom at all. And I think this is correct:

Drazzil reached out to Lassr.
Holman was contacted by Lassr.
El Guapo was contacted by Lassr.

Drazzil is either playing very well or is innocent, IMO.
Yes, Lassr reached out to me. We didn't mention Lagom.

Of course it's entirely possible that El G and Drazzil are wolves trying to dampen this down.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Did any other PMs fly around yesterday? Why was Lassr so popular and also got killed?

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:51 pm Did any other PMs fly around yesterday? Why was Lassr so popular and also got killed?
That's what's sparking my mind too. And I wonder if someone isn't telling us about their conversation with him.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I don't think the wolves would come out and discuss PM's (unless I'm missing something here) wouldn't they keep their mouths shut about any PM activity with the deceased?
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Putting my cards on the table I got contacted Newcastle mostly because I think he is bored and I was messing with him in thread already.

I got the impression he was a villager which I've said as much. I voted for him to see if we had any peppy wolves and because the best way to test someone is with a noose around their neck.

I also contacted Unagi simply because unless he is a wolf he will sniff out the realsies eventually.

I was ignored by everyone else. Feeling hurt thank you.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:56 pm I don't think the wolves would come out and discuss PM's (unless I'm missing something here) wouldn't they keep their mouths shut about any PM activity with the deceased?
Hard to know. I think the wolves would likely want to be honest (not entirely), in the fear that Lassr maybe told someone else who he contacted. I was fishing for that.

Would be great had you come back and said: "Well, he told me he contacted Holman, El Guapo, and Issy" , and Issy had sat on it. (For example).
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Drazzil wrote:I don't think the wolves would come out and discuss PM's (unless I'm missing something here) wouldn't they keep their mouths shut about any PM activity with the deceased?
Unless they want you to think that they would know better so mentioning would actually make them look innocent.

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:59 pm Putting my cards on the table I got contacted Newcastle mostly because I think he is bored and I was messing with him in thread already.

I got the impression he was a villager which I've said as much. I voted for him to see if we had any peppy wolves and because the best way to test someone is with a noose around their neck.

I also contacted Unagi simply because unless he is a wolf he will sniff out the realsies eventually.

Nope. I PMed you to ask about theories and you said "me" over the "second wolf" comment. Not nitpicking, just saying.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Drazzil wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:59 pm Putting my cards on the table I got contacted Newcastle mostly because I think he is bored and I was messing with him in thread already.

Nope. I PMed you to ask about theories and you said "me" over the "second wolf" comment. Not nitpicking, just saying.
That was after Lassr was dead and I practically had the beg you to PM me. You are still on my list.

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:09 pm
Drazzil wrote:

That was after Lassr was dead and I practically had the beg you to PM me. You are still on my list.
Fair nuff.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Drazzil wrote:

Fair nuff.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Drazzil wrote:
Drazzil wrote:

Fair nuff.
You are SERIOUSLY giving me and RMC vibe. We can't have two Devils.

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:13 pm
Drazzil wrote:
Drazzil wrote:

Fair nuff.
You are SERIOUSLY giving me and RMC vibe. We can't have two Devils.
So you're working with RMC AND Newcastle? That's a mighty big circle at this point in the game.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Naw. Ancient history. My first game with RMC he snookered real bad. All nice and agreeable but secretly sharpening a knife for throat. In the end I never saw it coming.

RMC is the devil.

Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Im wondering if you drazzil are a devil too. If you are a wolf you are playing it well.

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:22 pm Naw. Ancient history. My first game with RMC he snookered real bad. All nice and agreeable but secretly sharpening a knife for throat. In the end I never saw it coming.

RMC is the devil.
Ahh. I see.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:23 pm Im wondering if you drazzil are a devil too. If you are a wolf you are playing it well.
I'm just not that smart. I'm a villager, non special. Not a wolf. I'm just trying to live long enough to either lynch the wolves or get eaten by one. I'm actually overjoyed to make it this far.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

withdrawal drazzil 

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

So now what guys?