Game On!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

Drazzil

Re: Game On!

Post by Drazzil »

I've been reading and re reading everything people have posted. I have zero idea of who it could be.

Could Lassr have been murdered simply because he's a good player? Because of an old warewolf game?
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Could the wolf be eliminating the most experienced players and leaving new people alone?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:31 pm  withdrawal drazzil 

I think this is the right move.

Please, I am 100% curious... Was Newcastle in any way pressing for Drazzil?
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:47 pm I've been reading and re reading everything people have posted. I have zero idea of who it could be.

Could Lassr have been murdered simply because he's a good player? Because of an old warewolf game?
Lassr is totally experienced, and apparently spoke of 'Seer' to at least 3 people. It's either one or the other - but I honestly think that wolves could make people vote for just about anyone because of it, at this point. Also I think his play is equally ambiguous. There is a chance he was indeed the Seer, and also a chance his Seer speak was fishing for a wolf to fear him erroneously.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Unagi wrote:
Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:31 pm  withdrawal drazzil 

I think this is the right move.

Please, I am 100% curious... Was Newcastle in any way pressing for Drazzil?
He didn't press for anyone. It would have been very odd at that point since no one had real said or done anything.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

You know PMs are cool but I really prefer posting in the main thread.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:19 pm You know PMs are cool but I really prefer posting in the main thread.
+ 1

there are some instanceses (I briefly thought of suggesting the people that had Lassr communications to compare notes, but only amongst themselves.) where the PM thing has some interestring aspects, really - I just don't like the added dimension in a selfish sense. But then, I do sorta like that it's an option and to see how it's used. I'm torn, TBH.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

You know, I remember seeing something about taking tough ethical quandries and posting them to a large group of people. We have nine people left righr? Lets all rank 1-9 who everyone suspects of being a wolf. We would all have to do this at once to avoid coloring the results. Would be interesting to see the results.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I thought about asking if posting PM's publically was transgressive, but didn't. It does seem like PM's would be a powerful tool for the seer. Leaving the seer without PMs would be significantly detrimental to the villagers.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Drazzil wrote:You know, I remember seeing something about taking tough ethical quandries and posting them to a large group of people. We have nine people left righr? Lets all rank 1-9 who everyone suspects of being a wolf. We would all have to do this at once to avoid coloring the results. Would be interesting to see the results.
Well to avoid influence they'd have to PM it to you and then you can release the results. You can send me your picks and I won't read your message until I first send mine.

Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Me too.
If I'm following.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:37 pm I thought about asking if posting PM's publically was transgressive
Not sure what transgressive means here, but - generally speaking in the PM games I've played, it's frowned upon to post people's exact texts (frankly, I think that's to keep us from getting too obnoxious) - it's not exactly forbidden.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:37 pm
Drazzil wrote:You know, I remember seeing something about taking tough ethical quandries and posting them to a large group of people. We have nine people left righr? Lets all rank 1-9 who everyone suspects of being a wolf. We would all have to do this at once to avoid coloring the results. Would be interesting to see the results.
Well to avoid influence they'd have to PM it to you and then you can release the results. You can send me your picks and I won't read your message until I first send mine.
Well heres the trouble with that. I think it would be better if we all posted either at the exact same moment, ranked one to nine as in all players at once. Another issue is that all players would have to PM the same person, and what if that person is the wolf? That person could claim to speak for the whole group and then just railroad someone.

Potential issues aside it would be a powerful tool.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

man. actually... this is annoying . I'm feeling like something is up and I want to PM someone, but then I totally don't trust them yet, and know they won't agree with me.

PM games are a trap.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 pm
Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:37 pm
Well heres the trouble with that. I think it would be better if we all posted either at the exact same moment, ranked one to nine as in all players at once. Another issue is that all players would have to PM the same person, and what if that person is the wolf? That person could claim to speak for the whole group and then just railroad someone.

Potential issues aside it would be a powerful tool.
But then again, if one player got too MANY votes, the other players could question said results and lynch the poll person.

Interesting!
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:19 pm You know PMs are cool but I really prefer posting in the main thread.
I think this is key, unless someone has some massive reason to trust someone.

Use PMs very sparingly to triangulate your information secretly (if you get me), and expose anyone that seems to build some private trust.

Sorry to any Seer trying to build trust this way (btw), but it is easily faked - right?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:44 pm
Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:37 pm I thought about asking if posting PM's publically was transgressive
Not sure what transgressive means here, but - generally speaking in the PM games I've played, it's frowned upon to post people's exact texts (frankly, I think that's to keep us from getting too obnoxious) - it's not exactly forbidden.
The issue with not posting their exact words is that a living player (or wolf) could stuff words in a dead players mouth.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

There are nuanced reasons why posting other players Exact PM texts are not as fun as forcing players to 'paraphrase' for reasons of making the game fun - I don't really care either way here, but I'm just saying.....
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:37 pm There are nuanced reasons why posting other players Exact PM texts are not as fun as forcing players to 'paraphrase' for reasons of making the game fun - I don't really care either way here, but I'm just saying.....
Oh shoot! To get the wolf to trip him or herself up.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I think Holman and El Guapo sorta get it, in that they will share exactly what they get, but not post it 'verbatim'.

And - seriously - you are not wrong for doing what you did. I'd PM you this - but I'd feel silly. I think you are just doing your best here - and it isn't bad, just nudging.

bleh.
I'm sorry. I always come across as a dick, and I'm sure I've gained another fan.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:40 pm I think Holman and El Guapo sorta get it, in that they will share exactly what they get, but not post it 'verbatim'.

And - seriously - you are not wrong for doing what you did. I'd PM you this - but I'd feel silly. I think you are just doing your best here - and it isn't bad, just nudging.

bleh.
I'm sorry. I always come across as a dick, and I'm sure I've gained another fan.
Nah, you don't come across as a dick. I'm not 100% sure why it wouldn't be posted verbatim but thats okay. If there are more games after this I'm sure I'll learn... Thanks 😊
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Let's be clear, I don't think this game has any specific rules, just speaking anecdotally here...
I think it was years ago when it last came up (because mass free-PM games are rare) - and at the exact time I didn't entire understand, but came to my own understanding that it was just about the nature of the game and a nuance of forcing people to own their own game and not directly quote the dead.

And actually, I think I'm maybe most remembering a game with a 'mentalist' that could actually contact the dead. They could tell everyone "Hey I'm the mentalist and the dead guy said this: " . But they had to paraphrase the message - less the whole game be about faking the other person's exact words.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

I think it also kind of came from people copying the exact PM wording of their role which could be used to determine if they are or are not spoofing the role.

Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Scoop20906 wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:50 pm I think it also kind of came from people copying the exact PM wording of their role which could be used to determine if they are or are not spoofing the role.
Yeah I considered asking what kept people from doing that. I think doing something like that would be in bad taste. No pun intended.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

withdraw Drazzil
Isgrimnur 

Feeling better (or is it worse?) about Isgrimnur than Drazzil at the moment. Drazzil's reading more like he's trying to figure things out and decipher the game / people, whereas Isgrimnur right now is reading to me more like a wolf in an overcoat trying to blend in to the crowd rather than play the game.
Black Lives Matter.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:51 pm man. actually... this is annoying . I'm feeling like something is up and I want to PM someone, but then I totally don't trust them yet, and know they won't agree with me.

PM games are a trap.
yeah i know...who do you trust. Truth be told, I've only Pmd Drazzil & Scooper. Havent been big on the PM thing; I think it's because you can't really trust the person on the other end of the line here.

Also, present and observing. No real hard thoughts on anything, just fluidly observing. Observations:
1. I am giving drazzil a pass for now. He's a newbie and with that he pretty much gets a free pass from me. If he is a wolf, then cheers...bully for you. I can see both sides to his "slip".
2. Holman is trending good
3. Izzie - does feel like he's holding back; just chilling in the background.
4. Unagi still feels weird, not good or bad....just weird.
5. Lagon's bulls eye target seems weirdly out of place. Like...uhm, what target...OH you mean the one you JUST NOW painted on your back...oh ok. :D

Nothing else honestly jumps out at me.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

my daughter says I'm weird too. "But in a good way".

and your thoughts on RMC?

My thoughts are leaning toward a Lagom/Issy pair. and the bullseye moment is mostly what's doing it for me with Lagom too. Issy is just damn straight creepy right now.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Just a low-participation villager. Feel free to lynch me. It will be a miss, but, to quote Stephen King, my death would be No Great Loss.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Newcastle

Post by Newcastle »

Unagi wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:41 am my daughter says I'm weird too. "But in a good way".

and your thoughts on RMC?

My thoughts are leaning toward a Lagom/Issy pair. and the bullseye moment is mostly what's doing it for me with Lagom too. Issy is just damn straight creepy right now.
no real opinion of him actually. He's present, low key participation (which face it we are in the senior citizen participation phase pace of WW game nowadays- so not really holding it against him). not making waves that's for sure.
Bayraktar!!!!

Trump and the GOP; putting the banana in our Republic.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I am here and reading. I really wish I had more of a feeling on anyone. But I don't.

I think Scoop is always a good player, and he is active. So do we test him early or not?

El Guapo has been low key, as well as most others, including me, so that is bad, as it allows wolves to hide in that group.

I am guessing one wolf in the outspoken and one in the silent, that usually works out. But I don't have a feel either way.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

:horse:
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

🐺 :horse: 🐺

:violence-pistoldouble: 🐺 🐺

Annnnnd I'm bored...
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I do hope that displayed correctly.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:16 pm
Drazzil wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:47 pm I've been reading and re reading everything people have posted. I have zero idea of who it could be.

Lassr is totally experienced, and apparently spoke of 'Seer' to at least 3 people. It's either one or the other - but I honestly think that wolves could make people vote for just about anyone because of it, at this point. Also I think his play is equally ambiguous. There is a chance he was indeed the Seer, and also a chance his Seer speak was fishing for a wolf to fear him erroneously.
So lets assume for a minute Lassr was a seer. Wouldn't he be foolish to mention seer so prominently? Texting multiple parties before he scanned anyone? Lassr was an experienced player. Kind of silly to make a mistake that way. So if he wasen't a seer but wanted to paint a target on his back, take one for the team as it were... But that gets him killed round one so... It was probabally someone he texted round one. Right?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

But I would also assume the wolf PMed by lassr would keep quiet about said PM?
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Assuming that there was some kind of order in roles received.

1. Scoop
2. Lagom Lite
3. Drazzil
4. Isgrimnur
5. Holman
6. El Guapo
7. Newcastle (?)
8. RMC
9. Punisher
10. Lassr
11.Unagi

I don't *think* theres an order to the wolves getting their roles. Maybe first two or last two... Or maybe people checked their inbox in whatever order, which completely invalidates this, but its all typed out now... So I posts it.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Wow. Drazzil. You are being thorough. That is probably just the order that people picked up their PMs.

Anyway, we have a holiday coming up. You might want to pace yourself.

Remus West

Re: Game "almost" On. Awaiting all PMs to be read.

Post by Remus West »

Votes:
1. Isgrimnur - Drazzil
2. El Guapo - Drazzil, Igrimnur
3. Newcastle -
4. Holman - Newcastle
5. Unagi -
6. Lassr - eaten
7. Scoop - Drazzil
8. Punisher - stabbed
9. Drazzil -
10. Lagom Lite - Drazzil, RMC
11. RMC -

9 remain. Majority is 5.
Current Vote Totals:

RMC - 1
Scoop -
Holman -
Isgrminur - 1
Lagom Lite -
Unagi -
Newcastle - 1
Drazzil - 1
El Guapo -

As always, check the tabulation as errors have been made before.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

C'mon, we need to get some more votes here. Obviously we're operating amidst a ton of uncertainty as usual, but at a minimum we need to get more people on the record here, and help move things forward.
Black Lives Matter.
RMC

Post by RMC »

I am really not sure, and am willing to follow the lead on whom people think.

I thought Drazzil was a good choice, I know for whatever reason we have backed off, but I am not sure we should have.
Difficulties mastered are opportunities won. - Winston Churchill
Sheesh, this is one small box. Thankfully, everything's packed in nicely this time. Not too tight nor too loose (someone's sig in 3, 2, ...). - Hepcat