The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Any time you introduce heavy equipment into the equation, there is an increased chance, however miniscule, that someone gets seriously injured or killed. Just saying.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:46 pm Any time you introduce heavy equipment into the equation, there is an increased chance, however miniscule, that someone gets seriously injured or killed. Just saying.
And a nearly 100% chance you wreck infrastructure, which is my first thought. My second is this is something dictators do. My third thought was what happens when something goes wrong and someone gets hurt.... My final thought was, "It's no fly zone for Baby Trump because it's Trump's special day?" and then I let that thought sink in. "Independence day. Make Trump Great Again."
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:53 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 3:46 pm Any time you introduce heavy equipment into the equation, there is an increased chance, however miniscule, that someone gets seriously injured or killed. Just saying.
And a nearly 100% chance you wreck infrastructure, which is my first thought. My second is this is something dictators do. My third thought was what happens when something goes wrong and someone gets hurt.... My final thought was, "It's no fly zone for Baby Trump because it's Trump's special day?" and then I let that thought sink in. "Independence day. Make Trump Great Again."
True.

But I was thinking more that a wayward tank isn't something the Secret Service is able to stop. A mistimed swing of the turret while going by the Dear Leaders' box would be just awful. Or a street collapse as five Chrysler M1s barrel by. Even the Healthiest Man Alive might suffer injuries. Perish the thought.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

$iljanus wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:50 pm Waaaaaaahhhhh! I WANT MY TANKS AND PLANES!

Trump asks for military tanks on the Mall as part of grandiose July Fourth event

I do love a Fourth of July celebration but never thought we needed to tart it up to look like something out of North Korea or Russia...

They should have the new Diplomat in Chief, Ivanka, riding on an Abrams as it tears up the streets.
If they aren't already scheduled to appear, isn't it much too late to get tanks to DC?
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

It's not often I get to quote Erma Bombeck-
Erma Bombeck wrote:“You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.”
Holman

Post by Holman »

Alefroth wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:02 pm
$iljanus wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:50 pm Waaaaaaahhhhh! I WANT MY TANKS AND PLANES!

Trump asks for military tanks on the Mall as part of grandiose July Fourth event

I do love a Fourth of July celebration but never thought we needed to tart it up to look like something out of North Korea or Russia...

They should have the new Diplomat in Chief, Ivanka, riding on an Abrams as it tears up the streets.
If they aren't already scheduled to appear, isn't it much too late to get tanks to DC?
There are tank depots easily within a day's train distance from DC.

Some poor National Guard units will be called up and away from their families to unblock, gas-up, and move them onto railcars. The tanks will be training vehicles left over from Desert Storm, but that won't matter because Dear Leader just wants to see Treads On Streets.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Please run amok, please run amok, please run amok.
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Yes, there will be tanks at Trump's Fourth of July event — but there's a catch
A US defense official said that the current plan is to have a very small number of armored vehicles participate as part of a "static display" at the event on the National Mall. The vehicles will not be moving thereby reducing the chance of damaging local infrastructure. The number of vehicles will be very small with the current plan to have two M1 Abrams tanks, two Bradley fighting vehicles and an armored M88 Recovery Vehicle, along with an "appropriate" number of accompanying personnel.

Multiple US military aircraft will participate in the celebrations as well, according to two defense officials, including the B-2 stealth bomber and F-22 fighter jets.

CNN had also previously reported that the Blue Angels demonstration team, which typically flies F/A-18s, would be present along with F-35 stealth jets and that the VC-25, the aircraft that serves as Air Force One when the President is on board, also will participate.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:23 pm

There are tank depots easily within a day's train distance from DC.

Some poor National Guard units will be called up and away from their families to unblock, gas-up, and move them onto railcars. The tanks will be training vehicles left over from Desert Storm, but that won't matter because Dear Leader just wants to see Treads On Streets.
We'll see, but I know the military moves much slower than that.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Max Peck wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:11 am
Multiple US military aircraft will participate in the celebrations as well, according to two defense officials, including the B-2 stealth bomber and F-22 fighter jets.

CNN had also previously reported that the Blue Angels demonstration team, which typically flies F/A-18s, would be present along with F-35 stealth jets and that the VC-25, the aircraft that serves as Air Force One when the President is on board, also will participate.
They should just point at empty sky and tell Trump it's the stealth flyover.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Alefroth wrote: Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:06 pm It's not often I get to quote Erma Bombeck-
Erma Bombeck wrote:“You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism.”
Excellent quote, thanks for this.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Holman wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 am
Max Peck wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:11 am

They should just point at empty sky and tell Trump it's the stealth flyover.
Well-played.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

I'm surprised this quote hasn't made it here yet - the "very stable genius" thinks we still use Sherman tanks (talking about the July 4th armor display):
We have to put them in certain areas but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abram tanks.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Another quote from the president that got buried in all the stupid foul things coming out of his mouth, spoken at a "faith event" a few days ago, suggesting that John McCain is in hell:
We needed 60 votes” to repeal the ACA, Trump explained during an appearance before the Faith and Freedom Coalition, “and we had 51 votes. And sometimes, you know, we had a little hard time with a couple of them, right? Fortunately, they’re gone now. They’ve gone on to greener pastures—or perhaps far less green pastures. But they’re gone. They’re gone, Bill. I’m very happy they’re gone.
What a petty little cruel man he is.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

He's just speaking his mind. I'll be very happy when he's gone. I don't say that about many people. But yes, if Trump goes to barren wastelands tomorrow, I'll be very happy for the fact, indeed.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Grifman wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:42 am I'm surprised this quote hasn't made it here yet - the "very stable genius" thinks we still use Sherman tanks (talking about the July 4th armor display):
We have to put them in certain areas but we have the brand new Sherman tanks and we have the brand new Abram tanks.
We're lucky he hasn't demanded a nuclear test near the WH for the 4th.

Although if we evacuated everyone but he and his klan from that area, I might endorse it.
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

He wants to tote some nuclear missiles down the street like the Russian May Day parades.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Let's all take a moment to marvel at the string of Authentic Frontier Gibberish(TM) that Trump spouted yesterday about...something. Hell if I know.

For those who can't see the Twatters
Spoiler:
It's a phenomena that started two years ago. It's disgraceful. I'm gonna maybe - and I'm looking at it very seriously, we're doing some other things as you probably noticed, like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that. You can't have what's happening - where police officers are getting sick just by walking the beat. I mean, they're getting actually very sick. Where people are getting sick, where the people living there, living in hell too. Although some of them have mental problems where they don't even know they're living that way. In fact, perhaps they like living that way. They can't do that. We cannot ruin our cities. And you have people that work in those cities. They work in office buildings and to get into the building, they have to walk through a scene that nobody would have believed possible three years ago. And this is the liberal establishment. This is what I'm fighting. They - I don't know if they're afraid of votes. I don't know if they really believe that this should be taking place. But it's a terrible thing that's taking place. And we may be - you know, I had a situation when I first became president, we had certain areas of D.C. where that was starting to happen, and I ended it very quickly. I said, "you can't do that." When we have leaders of the world coming in to see the President of the United State and they're riding down a highway, they can't be looking at that. I really believe that it hurts our country. They can't be looking at scenes like you see in Los Angeles and San Francisco. San Francisco, I own property in San Francisco, so I don't care except it was so beautiful. And now areas that you used to think as being, you know, really something special, you take a look at what's going on with San Francisco, it's terrible. So we're looking at it very seriously. We may intercede. We may do something to get that whole thing cleaned up. It's inappropriate. Now, we have to take the people and - do something. We have to do something.
And to think that there are people who listen to that and say, "Wow, what an intelligent and inspiring leader!"

I especially love that Carlson's response to that word salad was "...right"
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Was he trying to say that homelessness and dirty parts of cities only started a couple of years ago?
Hodor.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

But, 2 years ago, Thats when YOU were elected president.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

pr0ner wrote:Was he trying to say that homelessness and dirty parts of cities only started a couple of years ago?
Kind of sounded like it. And of course only in the "liberal" cities.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Chicago was a clean paradise until Trump was elected. We trashed the place out of protest.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

And with just a few words he singlehandedly cleaned up DC!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Reading that I realize that Tucker can finish Trump's sentences, and vice versa. Which is not a compliment to either man.
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:07 pm Reading that I realize that Tucker can finish Trump's sentences, and vice versa. Which is not a compliment to either man.
If you're a sympathetic Trump interviewer, you kind of have to.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Holman wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 5:09 pm
hepcat wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 2:07 pm Reading that I realize that Tucker can finish Trump's sentences, and vice versa. Which is not a compliment to either man.
If you're a sympathetic Trump interviewer, you kind of have to.
Given that Trump can't talk/tweet in complete sentences, this is crucial...
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Trent Steel

Post by Trent Steel »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:51 am Let's all take a moment to marvel at the string of Authentic Frontier Gibberish(TM) that Trump spouted yesterday about...something. Hell if I know.

For those who can't see the Twatters
Spoiler:
It's a phenomena that started two years ago. It's disgraceful. I'm gonna maybe - and I'm looking at it very seriously, we're doing some other things as you probably noticed, like some of the very important things that we're doing now. But we're looking at it very seriously because you can't do that. You can't have what's happening - where police officers are getting sick just by walking the beat. I mean, they're getting actually very sick. Where people are getting sick, where the people living there, living in hell too. Although some of them have mental problems where they don't even know they're living that way. In fact, perhaps they like living that way. They can't do that. We cannot ruin our cities. And you have people that work in those cities. They work in office buildings and to get into the building, they have to walk through a scene that nobody would have believed possible three years ago. And this is the liberal establishment. This is what I'm fighting. They - I don't know if they're afraid of votes. I don't know if they really believe that this should be taking place. But it's a terrible thing that's taking place. And we may be - you know, I had a situation when I first became president, we had certain areas of D.C. where that was starting to happen, and I ended it very quickly. I said, "you can't do that." When we have leaders of the world coming in to see the President of the United State and they're riding down a highway, they can't be looking at that. I really believe that it hurts our country. They can't be looking at scenes like you see in Los Angeles and San Francisco. San Francisco, I own property in San Francisco, so I don't care except it was so beautiful. And now areas that you used to think as being, you know, really something special, you take a look at what's going on with San Francisco, it's terrible. So we're looking at it very seriously. We may intercede. We may do something to get that whole thing cleaned up. It's inappropriate. Now, we have to take the people and - do something. We have to do something.
And to think that there are people who listen to that and say, "Wow, what an intelligent and inspiring leader!"

I especially love that Carlson's response to that word salad was "...right"
Also acceptable as a post in Random Randomness.
18-1™ & 2-0
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Welp, here's one hero that Trump won't need to pardon.

U.S. Navy SEAL acquitted of most serious charges in war crimes trial
A U.S. Navy SEAL platoon leader charged with committing war crimes in Iraq was acquitted by a military jury on Tuesday of murder and all other counts except for unlawfully posing with the corpse of a captive Islamic State fighter.

The seven-member jury deliberated for about nine hours before delivering its verdict in the court-martial of Special Operations Chief Edward Gallagher, a decorated career combat veteran whose case had drawn the interest of U.S. President Donald Trump.

The single offense of posing for unofficial pictures with a human casualty, in this case the remains of the Iraqi whom Gallagher was acquitted of killing, carries a maximum sentence of four months imprisonment.

Navy authorities said Gallagher has credit for nearly seven months of time already served in pre-trial custody, so he would presumably remain a free man. A sentencing proceeding was to commence later in the day to determine whether Gallagher faces any other punishment, such as a demotion in rank.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I think I've been watching too much Young Justice, but our fearless leader really is starting to remind me of Granny Goodness.

Even down to the obvious super villain plot of keeping kids in cages.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

$iljanus wrote:And with just a few words he singlehandedly cleaned up DC!
Those words were — “may do something”

Such leadership!

Such Dumpsterfire!
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Trump talks a lot but he doesn't say anything.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Zarathud wrote:
$iljanus wrote:And with just a few words he singlehandedly cleaned up DC!
Those words were — “may do something”

Such leadership!

Such Dumpsterfire!
Oh credit where credit is due he was even more decisive in his cleanup of DC:

you know, I had a situation when I first became president, we had certain areas of D.C. where that was starting to happen, and I ended it very quickly. I said, "you can't do that."
Black lives matter!

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

NBC News
A decorated Navy SEAL who was acquitted of murder in the death of a teenage ISIS fighter thanked President Donald Trump and Fox News on Wednesday for championing his defense.
"I want to say thank you to you, Fox News — to you guys, Pete, for being with us from day one," Gallagher told Fox News Channel host Pete Hegseth in an interview that aired Wednesday morning on "Fox & Friends."

"You guys backed us from the beginning. I also want to say thank you to Congressman Duncan Hunter and Congressman Ralph Norman, and also to President Trump for intervening when he did," Gallagher said of GOP Reps. Hunter of California and Norman of South Carolina.

Later Wednesday morning, Trump returned the praise, tweeting: "Congratulations to Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher, his wonderful wife Andrea, and his entire family. You have been through much together. Glad I could help!"
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:42 pm NBC News
A decorated Navy SEAL who was acquitted of murder in the death of a teenage ISIS fighter thanked President Donald Trump and Fox News on Wednesday for championing his defense.
"I want to say thank you to you, Fox News — to you guys, Pete, for being with us from day one," Gallagher told Fox News Channel host Pete Hegseth in an interview that aired Wednesday morning on "Fox & Friends."

"You guys backed us from the beginning. I also want to say thank you to Congressman Duncan Hunter and Congressman Ralph Norman, and also to President Trump for intervening when he did," Gallagher said of GOP Reps. Hunter of California and Norman of South Carolina.

Later Wednesday morning, Trump returned the praise, tweeting: "Congratulations to Navy Seal Eddie Gallagher, his wonderful wife Andrea, and his entire family. You have been through much together. Glad I could help!"
An American hero!

Trump should invite him to his July 4 MAGA Party.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Grifman wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:47 am Another quote from the president that got buried in all the stupid foul things coming out of his mouth, spoken at a "faith event" a few days ago, suggesting that John McCain is in hell:
We needed 60 votes” to repeal the ACA, Trump explained during an appearance before the Faith and Freedom Coalition, “and we had 51 votes. And sometimes, you know, we had a little hard time with a couple of them, right? Fortunately, they’re gone now. They’ve gone on to greener pastures—or perhaps far less green pastures. But they’re gone. They’re gone, Bill. I’m very happy they’re gone.
What a petty little cruel man he is.
Actually, he only needed 50(plus Pence), but was drubbed when McCain gave him the finger!
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Hey, look--now we're back to adding a citizenship question.

malchior

Post by malchior »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:22 pm Hey, look--now we're back to adding a citizenship question.
This bizzarely is really a test of the system. Commerce and Justice were following the Courts order and Justice is reversing course solely on Trump's tweet order. Trump accidentally and Barr quite intentionally really are up to testing the limits of our system.
Scoop20906

Post by Scoop20906 »

Ten U.S. cities claim President Trump’s campaign committee has not yet reimbursed them for public-safety costs associated with his presidential and campaign rallies, according to the Center for Public Integrity (CPI).

The cities, which include Mesa, Ariz., Erie, Pa., and Green Bay, Wis., have submitted a total of $841,219, with some of the invoices dating back to before his election in 2016.

In many cases, the campaign and the city governments did not enter into any signed agreements, simply deploying police officers as they believed was necessary for public safety and, in some cases, when asked by the Secret Service, according to the CPI.
Ten cities say Trump owes them money from rally security

A good businessman.
Scoop. Makeup and hair are fabulous. - Qantaga

Xbox Gamertag: Scoop20906
Steam: Scoop20906
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Just a reminder on 'Murica Day Eve, from the man himself, that the cruelty is the point.

@realDonaldTrump, wrote:If Illegal Immigrants are unhappy with the conditions in the quickly built or refitted detentions centers, just tell them not to come. All problems solved!

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Can we all agree to call them Trump camps, at least? He loves having his name on stuff. Let's stick it where it belongs.