Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: Random randomness

Post by Isgrimnur »

Might be time to update the description of your location, then.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

F'n cocked up world.

Ive not paid my house payment in 4 months because..well..I cant afford the full payment and have enough to live on. So my bankruptcy attorney told me to just hold onto what I can while me, them, and the house loan place work out a loan mod. Ok all fine. Yesterday on Sunday I open my front door and theres a envelope falls out simply labeled with the first part of my addy and inside a small square of paper asking me to call the loan place as soon as possible.

I get up today to call my lawyer to see if anything has been returned on the load mod app and my phone wont work. That cockhole place has messed up my phone for the 6th month in a row. But THIS time they simply cancelled my account. Said I hadn't used my phone in over a month yet I was using it yesterday. Ive used it all month. Its the only one I have the morons. They said they had a way of seeing if I had used it. Morons!

So decide to go to my lawyers place to check and talk it over and use their phone. On vacation for a week.

So a week from now my lawyer will be back and in 1 -2 weeks I may have my phone. House is another story by then .
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Good luck with everything. If it helps you to feel better, just think about the fact that you aren't currently dealing with a "fecal parasite".
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Quote of the day from local news:
"We're asking the people that are breaking the law, please continue to post yourselves on social media," Shaw said Monday. "That's going to help us out a great deal to find you, which we're doing now. So please continue to post your face on social media, post your license plates, post all the illegal activity that you're continuing to do.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Well, seems my personal "problems" are really minor by comparison.

Supposedly Wednesday will be an extra long day, as I'm expected to drop 100+ boxes as they are basically doing two days work in a day. As a result, we're getting paid double... If we also show up for Friday. Oh well. I'll be done within 8 hours. In San Francisco, I've been dropping 50+ boxes in as little as 4 hours, and that's INCLUDING break and lunch.

As I got off early today (went home by 5) I ordered prime now to stock up on some ice cream and food stuff. Supposed to get here between 6 and 8. Had the phone next to me. Waited, waited, played a game, suddenly, I realized, it's 8:15. Where's my stuff? Opened Prime Now app... "Delivery unsuccessful" WTF? The note specfiically says "call me if door not open"! Phone's right next to me and I never got a call...

Oh, that's what that call from out of state was at 6:50pm Dammit. I don't answer calls from strange numbers nowadays, and if that was the call, then ARGH! Too bad. *sigh*
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Was watching a show on the Apollo missions and the video camera was showing a rock on the moon as a pair of astronauts went to take a sample of it. Then you hear one say to the other something like " that thing has been here since before there was life in the seas" ....very profound.
Holman

Post by Holman »

My dog has tasted blood.

Gus is a 15-month-old 65-pound hound/retriever mix. He's a lovely boy, and we've been very lucky to have him as our first family dog.

This afternoon I strolled out back (Gus was already in the yard) to notice one bird perched on the fence and absolutely screaming at the dog. A few seconds later I noticed that Gus had a different struggling bird in his mouth and a quizzical "What-Do-I-Do-Now?" look on his face.

I raced over and made Gus drop the bird, hoping it might be OK. (Gus' retriever genes give him a soft bite. He might easily have been just holding the bird, not mauling it.) He ran to the house, and I checked on the bird victim. Nope: one wing was nearly entirely torn off, and the animal was clearly in pain.

I ran to the shed, grabbed a shovel, and brought it out to do the bird the mercy of flattening its skull. I asked its forgiveness between hits.

This was Gus' first catch of live prey (as far as I know), and of course dogs don't share anything of human ethics. He was obviously sooooo proud of himself that I couldn't resist praising him.

Still, I hope future birds will be better at getting out of his way.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Who's a good boy?

My cat Gus has earned a reputation as the neighborhood badass. He will eventually age out of his mad hunting skills, but while he's in his prime...watch out, varmints.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

One time my male French bulldog and my fat weenie dog attacked a bear that wandered into our yard.
The weenie dog had him by the tail ad the bulldog had him by the lip.
Four Yorkies ran into the house and cowered behind me.
The bear got away but has not been seen since.
Dogs have a lot of heart in them.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Holman

Post by Holman »

Kraken wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:32 pm Who's a good boy?

My cat Gus has earned a reputation as the neighborhood badass. He will eventually age out of his mad hunting skills, but while he's in his prime...watch out, varmints.
Growing up, we had a friendly, cuddly, relaxed cat for 14 years. He spent a lot of time outside and the rest of it snoozing on the couch.

In the years after he died, the neighborhood was absolutely overrun with chipmunks. Our cat had been culling the population single-handedly for more than a decade.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The in laws had a tiny little chihuahua named Pooh Bear. Tiny cute little brown dog about 3 1/2 lbs if that. A Jehova Witness would not take no for an answer one day and as the door was being closed she stuck her foot into the crack to hold it open. Big mistake on her part. She never returned and Im sure she never forgot that snarling yelping blur of teeth that took her foot off.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And in a similar vein, just a week ago Michelle was walking home when she saw a bird struggling. Know me, she went over and caught it. It was a pigeon, banded by the American Pigeon Racing Union. It had, somehow, broken a wing. I looked up the tag number, contacted the owner, and he said to keep it if I wanted to (most pigeon racers will simply kill a bird that can't fly anymore - or doesn't fly fast enough.)

I raised pigeons when I was younger, and did some wildlife rehabilitation years ago with birds. So, we've got a pet, a black eagle homing pigeon, about a year old (you can tell from the tag.) He's a tame bird, obviously used to being handled and around people, but not heavily socialized. That's pretty typical for racers, who are cared for more like stock than as pets. Now, a lot of people don't think of pigeons when they think of pet birds, but they're extremely friendly and loyal, low hassle, clean (yes, really), and one of the smartest bird species. They make fantastic pets.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:07 pm So, we've got a pet, a black eagle homing pigeon, about a year old (you can tell from the tag.) He's a tame bird, obviously used to being handled and around people, but not heavily socialized. That's pretty typical for racers, who are cared for more like stock than as pets. Now, a lot of people don't think of pigeons when they think of pet birds, but they're extremely friendly and loyal, low hassle, clean (yes, really), and one of the smartest bird species. They make fantastic pets.
photo?
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:21 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:07 pm So, we've got a pet, a black eagle homing pigeon, about a year old (you can tell from the tag.) He's a tame bird, obviously used to being handled and around people, but not heavily socialized. That's pretty typical for racers, who are cared for more like stock than as pets. Now, a lot of people don't think of pigeons when they think of pet birds, but they're extremely friendly and loyal, low hassle, clean (yes, really), and one of the smartest bird species. They make fantastic pets.
photo?
One I took the other day. Not a clear one, but he's covered for the night.

Enlarge Image
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Holman wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:27 pm Still, I hope future birds will be better at getting out of his way.
Our dog would love to get a bird or a squirrel. When she's barking and growling in her sleep, I imagine that's what she's dreaming about. I've seen her corner and then one-shot kill three ground hogs over the last two years. It's both amazing and horrific at the same time as she's normally a fun lovable companion. It's a nice reminder though, that's they're quite capable of hunting. I should try to get a video of her stalking chipmunks like she's a cat. Slowly stepping, slowly walking towards one and then breaking into a bounding set of leaps like a gazelle before the squirrels inevitably outsmart her and ring their way up a tree trunk.

EDIT: And apparently Blackhawk is turning into Ernie or Mike Tyson. I'll let him decide.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

This is my... 12th? pigeon. None in the last 20 years or so, but it isn't something I'm 'turning into.' I've been a bird guy for a long, long time. I've just been a bird guy without a bird.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I had no idea! You learn something new every day.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Between my own and rehabs, I have had, at various times, chickens, pheasants, ducks, geese (domestic and wild), a crow, a magpie, and various pigeons and doves (although there isn't really much a difference - many use the name interchangeably.)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

You'll heal that bird up and then it will escape and fly home to the guy who doesn't want it any longer. :)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I once raised a chupacabra. Nasty thing. I don't recommend them.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:35 pm You'll heal that bird up and then it will escape and fly home to the guy who doesn't want it any longer. :)
That bird will never fly again. Not with the injury - and the age of the injury when I got it. He was in the street dodging traffic on foot. At home he'd be put down. Here? He'll have a happy, comfortable life.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Had a poison ivy spot pop up on one of my toes a week ago. Now its all over my feet and calves. Worst time is in bed trying to sleep as the covers rub it and make them itch more. They say it doesn't spread or spread from scratching but it sure seems that way. Hate this stuff. Not even sure where or when I got it as I dont go out without pants and socks and shoes yet theres only one spot over my knees.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Fortunately I'm immune to that and poison oak.
As a kid I was always into that stuff. As an adult I used to have family and friends ask me to come over and get rid of the stuff for them.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
morlac

Post by morlac »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:01 pm This is my... 12th? pigeon. None in the last 20 years or so, but it isn't something I'm 'turning into.' I've been a bird guy for a long, long time. I've just been a bird guy without a bird.
I know What Blackhawk is getting at the next Merry Wishmaslist.

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I like birds.

I just don't like like birds.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:38 am Had a poison ivy spot pop up on one of my toes a week ago. Now its all over my feet and calves. Worst time is in bed trying to sleep as the covers rub it and make them itch more. They say it doesn't spread or spread from scratching but it sure seems that way. Hate this stuff. Not even sure where or when I got it as I dont go out without pants and socks and shoes yet theres only one spot over my knees.
I got it for the first time in my life two years ago. I used to be real outdoorsy when I was younger so I had thought I might be immune to it, but I guess I was just lucky for 60 years. An otc antihistamine will help knock the itching back a little bit and lotions can cool your skin...but there ain't a lot you can do except wait it out and try not to scratch.
Jaymon

Post by Jaymon »

Blackhawk wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:05 am I like birds.

I just don't like like birds.
Woodland Park Zoo in Seattle has a couple of Eagles. I could sit there and watch them for hours, but my zoo traveling complains never let me more than about 30 minutes.

My dream vacation is going to Ecuador to see the bird sanctuary.

my favorite photograph is a picture of a golden pheasant I got from the Phoeniz Zoo

my house has a wetland area across the street, and a big population of redwing blackbirds, They are so flipping cool. Zoom, swoosh, got racing stripes and everything.
Bunnies like beer because its made from hops.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

Kraken wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:09 am
Daehawk wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:38 am Had a poison ivy spot pop up on one of my toes a week ago. Now its all over my feet and calves. Worst time is in bed trying to sleep as the covers rub it and make them itch more. They say it doesn't spread or spread from scratching but it sure seems that way. Hate this stuff. Not even sure where or when I got it as I dont go out without pants and socks and shoes yet theres only one spot over my knees.
I got it for the first time in my life two years ago. I used to be real outdoorsy when I was younger so I had thought I might be immune to it, but I guess I was just lucky for 60 years. An otc antihistamine will help knock the itching back a little bit and lotions can cool your skin...but there ain't a lot you can do except wait it out and try not to scratch.
It's gonna take an ocean, of...

Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im using that. Surprisingly its labeled May 1997 but it works ok. Was going to buy more today but they were out of clear. The old one is REVCO brand which is cool . I miss Revco. The new is probably the same stuff as its Rexall.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Dozens of adult cockroaches gathered on my ceiling in one spot and it was daylight. I've never seen such a thing.
I sprayed and killed them all but why would they gather in the open during daylight like that?
While I was doing that my wife got some more spray and sprayed me in the face and got in my eyes.
I swear to god she's working with them.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

dbt1949 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:32 pmI sprayed and killed them all but why would they gather in the open during daylight like that?
I could answer this question, but I don't know that you're going to like it. Let's just go with "you sprayed and killed them, so that's good".
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

That's okay. It evidently didn't kill me either.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:55 pm
dbt1949 wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:32 pmI sprayed and killed them all but why would they gather in the open during daylight like that?
I could answer this question, but I don't know that you're going to like it. Let's just go with "you sprayed and killed them, so that's good".
Tease.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Well, most of them died with little hard ons.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Its the 10th anniversary of JJ Abrams 2009 Star Trek film. My wife surprised me by taking me to see it. I even remember which theater screen it was on of the 14. 10 years guys. Wow.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It seems like few people are coming to the office today. It's 9am and I am already bored.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Here's to working on one of the slowest days of the year.

:obscene-drinkingcheers: :obscene-drinkingbuddies: :flags-usa: :flags-texas:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

They finally made Black Friday a company holiday this year. That used to be the one.

The terrible thing is that I have stuff to do and should be killing it with how quiet the office is, but there is no motivation.

Edit: Also... still bored.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm hearing from relatives in SoCal that they just got hit by a fairly major earthquake, 7+