Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Random randomness

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri Jul 05, 2019 11:49 pm I'm hearing from relatives in SoCal that they just got hit by a fairly major earthquake, 7+
Thats what the news said too.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Part of me loves the fact that my kids want to play and engage with me, because I know I’m going to miss that when it’s gone.

The other part of me is going to completely lose his shit if he hears “hey dad...hey dad...hey dad” one more goddamn time this morning.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Today is Ringo's birthday.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 2:30 pm Part of me loves the fact that my kids want to play and engage with me, because I know I’m going to miss that when it’s gone.

The other part of me is going to completely lose his shit if he hears “hey dad...hey dad...hey dad” one more goddamn time this morning.
I'm there with you.

I really want to play games with my 10 year old. I do. The few times I've tried, his absolute lack of commitment to any particular plan and dedication to chaos has caused my old OCD-laden brain to twitch so hard I almost fell out of my chair. I could spend 30 minutes in Factorio putting together an assembly line and leave to gather resources, only to come back and find it in disarray, half stripped, and broken as he "improves" it. :shock: His uncle tried playing Minecraft with him for a while, but threw his hands up after spending a couple hours putting together a complex structure, only to have my kid say "This world's no fun. I want to play a new one" ... in a game where walking 20 steps in any given direction will "reset" you just about as well as making a whole new world.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

DCA received 3.3" of rain in the 9AM hour this morning. Flash flooding all over the DC area.

What a mess.
Hodor.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 10:15 am DCA received 3.3" of rain in the 9AM hour this morning. Flash flooding all over the DC area.

What a mess.
Turn around, don't drown.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Arbys may 'have the meats!' but damn they are stingy with them. The regular roast beef is $3.60 now and has the meat of a old roast beef jr in it. Its pathetic and NOTHING like the pics you see of their food on tv and such.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I've always like Arby's but didn't think they were worth the price. So I'm not surprised.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I think I've only eaten at Arby's once in my life. And that was my issue.... The sandwich had almost no meat on it. Definitely nothing like their ads.

I feel the same way about Subway. Great, your sandwiches aren't too expensive.... Too bad I wanted more than 3 slices of <insert meat selection>.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

This post is testing my new keyboard, in which I am well pleased (so far). It is a tiny little thing with a rechargeable battery that is rated for 1,000 charge cycles, each worth 35 hours of continuous use. The unit is sealed and the battery is not replaceable, so after 35,000 hours it's toast. 35k hours = 1,458 days = 4 years. That's a lot of continuous typing. It sure is nice to get rid of my broken-down, sticky-keyed Logitech, but I'm not convinced that I like the new mouse -- it's so little! -- so right now I have two receivers occupying USB slots...one for the new keyboard and one for the old mouse. I hate to retire a perfectly good mouse.

Looks like this keyboard is a keeper, anyway. What's weird is that its name doesn't appear anywhere on it or its little instruction pamphlet; I had to look at the Amazon page to see that it's "vive comb".
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I think I'd prefer a replaceable battery type. Logic aside, Probably cause I'm olde and don't like the thought of there being a time limit for anything.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Kraken wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:24 pm This post is testing my new keyboard, in which I am well pleased (so far). It is a tiny little thing with a rechargeable battery that is rated for 1,000 charge cycles, each worth 35 hours of continuous use. The unit is sealed and the battery is not replaceable, so after 35,000 hours it's toast. 35k hours = 1,458 days = 4 years. That's a lot of continuous typing. It sure is nice to get rid of my broken-down, sticky-keyed Logitech, but I'm not convinced that I like the new mouse -- it's so little! -- so right now I have two receivers occupying USB slots...one for the new keyboard and one for the old mouse. I hate to retire a perfectly good mouse.

Looks like this keyboard is a keeper, anyway. What's weird is that its name doesn't appear anywhere on it or its little instruction pamphlet; I had to look at the Amazon page to see that it's "vive comb".
I got a remote keyboard and mouse combo a Fry's for about $16 and I love the small footprint. So much so that I got another one for my laptop. China uber alles!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

are corded keyboards really so terrible? not a fan of cordless mice/trackballs, but i can at least understand the rationale for those.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

dbt1949 wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:57 pm I think I'd prefer a replaceable battery type. Logic aside, Probably cause I'm olde and don't like the thought of there being a time limit for anything.
I don't usually buy disposable products when I can avoid it, but realistically speaking I've never had a keyboard last more than 5-6 years, and never replacing batteries will be nice. Being old means products don't have to last all that long to outlive me...I like being able to say "welp, that's the last ________ I'll ever have to buy."
hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:25 pm are corded keyboards really so terrible? not a fan of cordless mice/trackballs, but i can at least understand the rationale for those.
I sit with my feet on my desk and keyboard on my lap, so a cord is awkward.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

https://www.newsweek.com/tennessee-brot ... da-1447974

13 year old boy stabs his older brother multiple times in car because he was teasing him.

Kids today. Why back in my day we'd shoot them, then stab them, then set them on fire.

But in seriousness the kid did it because he was being teased and would rather go to jail. I dont think he knows how much teasing he's in for in jail lol.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Kraken wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:04 pm
hitbyambulance wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 6:25 pm are corded keyboards really so terrible? not a fan of cordless mice/trackballs, but i can at least understand the rationale for those.
I sit with my feet on my desk and keyboard on my lap, so a cord is awkward.
If wireless is a necessity, I would suggest something like this, as it also provides a proper backlit mechanical keyboard without having to pay an arm and a leg for the privilege.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

So a few months ago, I woke up to find myself suddenly an "outie". For all of my life I'd been an "innie", but I apparently have what's called an umbilical hernia. My doctor told me it wasn't serious and not to do anything unless it grows bigger or starts to hurt. But every single article i read on it on webmd and other medical sites say it's better to get it fixed rather than wait and see what happens. Thankfully, it seems to be a rather small surgery that doesn't even require a hospital visit.

I think I may get a second opinion as it does freak me the hell out. :cry:
Covfefe!
disarm

Post by disarm »

hepcat wrote:So a few months ago, I woke up to find myself suddenly an "outie". For all of my life I'd been an "innie", but I apparently have what's called an umbilical hernia. My doctor told me it wasn't serious and not to do anything unless it grows bigger or starts to hurt. But every single article i read on it on webmd and other medical sites say it's better to get it fixed rather than wait and see what happens. Thankfully, it seems to be a rather small surgery that doesn't even require a hospital visit.

I think I may get a second opinion as it does freak me the hell out. :cry:
It's not a big deal to have it fixed...quick nap and done in about 30 minutes as long as the hole (hernia) isn't big. You'll be sore for a couple weeks and no heavy lifting during the that time, but it heals quickly. As for when to have it repaired, it's not urgent, but waiting gives it time to grow and become a bigger problem. If it were me, I would see a general surgeon soon, get all the info about having it fixed, and then have the surgery when it's convenient.

I can see bring freaked out by it, but it's really not a big deal and pretty easy fix in the grand scheme of things.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Thanks Disarm! That definitely makes me feel better. And I think I'll take your advice...after Gencon, of course. :wink:
Covfefe!
morlac

Post by morlac »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jul 08, 2019 3:38 pm Arbys may 'have the meats!' but damn they are stingy with them. The regular roast beef is $3.60 now and has the meat of a old roast beef jr in it. Its pathetic and NOTHING like the pics you see of their food on tv and such.
I remember when you could get 5 for $5 regular roast beef sandwiches from mailed coupons. Then it went to 5 for $10. I don't think they even have those coupons anymore.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh Canada.

Bank Of Canada Asks "Star Trek" Fans To Stop Drawing Spock On Their $5 Bills

Enlarge Image
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

So, earlier I was running my fingers across my head. I felt a sharp pain in my finger. When I looked at it, somehow, I'd impaled my finger with a hair. It was just a plain old head hair from my temple, about half an inch long, sticking out of my finger like a splinter.

What the hell?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Your human porcupine hybrid powers are beginning to manifest. Your parents knew this day would come and asked me to help you understand why their love shouldn’t be seen as an atrocity, but as something beautiful that gave the world Porcupine Man...hero of the downtrodden!
Covfefe!
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 8:19 pm Oh Canada.

Bank Of Canada Asks "Star Trek" Fans To Stop Drawing Spock On Their $5 Bills

Enlarge Image
This guy Snaped one:

http://gg.gg/ehyvg

[edit:]
OMG!
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Saw an ad from Barnes and Noble for a Harley Quinn 1:1 scale model statue. Thought to myself, that's a pretty funny typo.

Nope. No typo.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

If I was loaded with money I might think about it
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hentzau wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:58 am Saw an ad from Barnes and Noble for a Harley Quinn 1:1 scale model statue. Thought to myself, that's a pretty funny typo.

Nope. No typo.
I have a higher end Batman costume on a mannequin in my media room. She would look nice next to that... or would if it were much more detailed. They went *very* minimalist on that.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:45 pm
hentzau wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:58 am Saw an ad from Barnes and Noble for a Harley Quinn 1:1 scale model statue. Thought to myself, that's a pretty funny typo.

Nope. No typo.
I have a higher end Batman costume on a mannequin in my media room. She would look nice next to that... or would if it were much more detailed. They went *very* minimalist on that.
Well, it really matches up with the Bruce Timm minimalist design from the animated series the character came from, so...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

You added the nipples to the bat suit though, right?
Covfefe!
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Nope. No typo.
At least shipping is only $17.99.
Hodor.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:12 pm You added the nipples to the bat suit though, right?
Talk about dumb questions...my wife thought the piercings might be a bit much, but she's not really a comic book person.

edit: I am also somewhat bemused to see my profile showing that I am playing ARK right now... as I sit here at work. I think my son is up to something. :evil:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Taking steroids for itchies. Making me stuff myself until Im past full then keep thinking of food and trying to eat more.

As my wife once said...they make you hungry enough to eat the horns off a billy goat.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I wish there were a competent way I could block people's bullshit memes and stupid re-posts on Facebook while still seeing their actual personal updates. I keep unfollowing people because the braindead content they propagate is so banal or offensive that it literally causes me stress, but then I miss the rare occasion they share something interesting or important, and I later seem oblivious for not knowing what's going on in their personal life.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive been using my wife's FB account to keep in touch with family. I cant tell you how sick I am of the ones ....."I bet I wont even get one like"...no ..no you wont from me you assholes. Stop posting this stuff. Its as bad as that crap video thumbnails that say ..."You wont believe what happens"...bullshit.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

90% of the time stuff like that isn't first-person posts, it is them sharing something from someone they follow. Whenever you see that, click the little dots in the corner, select 'Hide all from [Name]', and you'll never see anything from that source again. After a week or so you'll have blocked all of their favorite meme pages and will just see the stuff they post themselves.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hentzau wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 4:10 pm
coopasonic wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:45 pm
hentzau wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:58 amSaw an ad from Barnes and Noble for a Harley Quinn 1:1 scale model statue.
Well, it really matches up with the Bruce Timm minimalist design from the animated series the character came from, so...
Minimalism like that looks good as a 4" figurine for $10 ... not so much as a 5'6" statue for $5,200.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

I dunno about look but minimalism doesn't feel like it has value in a $5,200 mannequin.
xwraith

Post by xwraith »

GUTHRIE, Okla. - Two people were arrested after a traffic stop of a stolen car revealed the two had a rattlesnake, radioactive uranium, and an open bottle of Kentucky Deluxe.
I forgot to call it "a box of pure malevolent evil, a purveyor of
insidious insanity, an eldritch manifestation that would make Bill
Gates let out a low whistle of admiration," but it's all those, too.
-- David Gerard, Re: [Mediawiki-l] Wikitext grammar, 2010.08.06
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

That's how superheroes are made, damn it!
Covfefe!