RIP Freddie Jones

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

McNutt

RIP Freddie Jones

Post by McNutt »

Freddie Jones dead at 91.

I remember him most from Krull and Dune. He could grab your focus anytime he was on screen.
Daehawk

Re: RIP Freddie Jones

Post by Daehawk »

Krull and Dune yep yep. RIP.

Soon as I saw the title though I thought it was Vinnie Jones . I thought "his wife just died...oh no did he...?" but nope when I saw the age in the link I knew I was wrong.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

McNutt wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:11 am Freddie Jones dead at 91.

I remember him most from Krull and Dune. He could grab your focus anytime he was on screen.
Indeed, he was certainly a talented and memorable character actor.

I also remember him for his roles in The Elephant Man and Firefox, too. I must admit though, I was somewhat surprised to learn he was still around at all considering he seemed to play mostly older characters in movies of the 1980s like Dune, Krull, and Firefox.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
JCC

Post by JCC »

He was also in "Children of the Stones" which was creepy as all get out when I was a kid - and had GARETH THOMAS~! (Blake) in it. Good stuff.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor