Any new MMOs coming soon?

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Daehawk

Any new MMOs coming soon?

Post by Daehawk »

Ive played about everything and dont really want to go back in time to stuff for personal reasons. Anything new due soon in the MMO area? Rpg? Super hero? Anything?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Re: Any new MMOs coming soon?

Post by Isgrimnur »

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I should add FREE ones preferred but not required. Thanks!

Oh and no asian grind fest ones plz. :)

Ashes of Creation looks interesting.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I finally decided to retry Tera. But as soon as I tried to log into their webpage a warning popped up it wasn't secure. Great. Exit. Dont need someone having my email and password to stuff. Sigh. How does a company in this day and age not secure its login ??
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Bless Unleashed is going into beta this weekend. It's for Xbox One only though, I believe. I have no idea if it is good or not but the graphics look good.

https://blessunleashed.com/
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

rittchard wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:50 pm Bless Unleashed is going into beta this weekend. It's for Xbox One only though, I believe. I have no idea if it is good or not but the graphics look good.

https://blessunleashed.com/
Stay far, far away from this one. It's an absolute turd of a game. A buggy, boring, pay-to-win grindfest, with a small yet entirely toxic community. It has failed in multiple regions (including a disastrous PC launch in NA), but the devs keep churning it back out there hoping that it catches on.

Here's the Steam page, with "overwhelmingly negative" feedback. To be fair, lots of that feedback has to do with the business model. It was originally released as a B2P, then they switched to a F2P (within a month or so), then they pulled it offline completely so it could be revamped, then they "relaunched" it with a few more bells and whistles, then the announced that they're shutting it down completely and moving over to Xbox in September.

So it's not just a shitty game, it's also being run by a super-skeevy company.
Last edited by Skinypupy on Thu Jul 11, 2019 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

They aren't new, but I've recently been having fun with both Elder Scrolls Online and Black Desert Online. ESO does feel a bit repetitive, but part of that may be just how many MMOs I have played. They all start to feel the same anyway.

I'd love to see something new and interesting, but I'm good with what we've got.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Heard nothing good on Bless. But I have a PS4 anyways so Id be out.

I beta'd Black Desert and simply disliked it fully. Its tons of monster to swim through. Not really a good mmo to me. Just a slash fest. Killing 50 - 100 monsters in a gloop as you run around is boring to me.

ESO Ive been back to a number of times. I make new characters each time. I just dont REALLY want to go back to stuff I played in the days past. Want to move on.

But I cant it seems. I restarted POE to pass some time. May not play it long. Ive tried a few things and deleted after 5 min. Im in a spot I hate.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Star Citizen :lol:
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I've restarted it multiple times now, but could never wrap my head around BDO. Whatever they were trying to do fell completely flat with me.

Have you tried Neverwinter? I found it to be surprisingly fun, it's F2P, and it's on both PC and PS4.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Played it two or three times years ago. Ive played about everything.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Thanks for saving me the time on Bless. I think I tried it out a while ago and had already decided to pass, didn't realize it was the same game.
Daehawk wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:52 pm Played it two or three times years ago. Ive played about everything.
I'm kind of in a MMO rut too. I'll try something or go back to an old game for a little and then loop back to PoE. Have you tried Albion Online or Crowfall? Albion seems to be making a lot of improvements but admittedly I haven't been back to it since release.

I can't say I've given up hope on the genre but it feels kind of like I'm headed that direction. I think the only remaining ones on the horizon I'm still interested in are Lost Ark, Camelot Unchained and Ashes of Creation.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Tried Albion. Wasn't grabbed at all. Just MEH. The other Ill look at .

Ashes of Creation does look good. But I dont know when it will come out. Theres a lot of upcoming stuff that wants you to buy into it which I refuse to do.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

City of Heroes is close to my all-time favorite game. GREAT community, and it was gone for so long it's LIKE a new game...plus all the Expansions/DLC is now free. The game is COMPLETELY free, and just as good as it was half a decade ago and more.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Did Pantheon ever get released?
Tao

Post by Tao »

Pantheon has been pushed to a 2020 release. Realistically I would say Q1 2021.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
neofit

Post by neofit »

I can't find anything to my liking either. For the last 3 wow expansions I'd resub for a couple of months then go back to non-mmorpg games. Every few months I go to mmorpg.com to go through their "Play Now" and "Top games" lists, and it's been the same for a few years now: every game is either manga-ish or with forced PvP, or both. Either of those is a deal-breaker for me.

One "recent" game that is proper western fantasy and PvE that I enjoyed playing a little is Project Gorgon. But it is never going to be finished I guess :).
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

Project Gorgon is one I kept bouncing off, though I think I've tried it only twice. ESO would be my king of near-miss MMOs. That one never caught my fancy though it came close once or twice. I'm currently back into another summer fling with FFXIV.

But yeah, in terms of new MMOs, they seem either cheap, imports, or still off on the horizon.