The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Jaymann

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Jaymann »

Home Despot. Handy little memory device. Is there one for Chick-fil-A? Dick-fil-A seems weak.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Guys I think Trump might be a racist.

So interesting to see “Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen, who originally came from countries whose governments are a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world (if they even have a functioning government at all), now loudly......
....and viciously telling the people of the United States, the greatest and most powerful Nation on earth, how our government is to be run. Why don’t they go back and help fix the totally broken and crime infested places from which they came. Then come back and show us how....
....it is done. These places need your help badly, you can’t leave fast enough. I’m sure that Nancy Pelosi would be very happy to quickly work out free travel arrangements!
So now even naturalized immigrants--even when elected to Congress by their fellow citizens--are dirty aliens.

AOC, incidentally, was born in The Bronx. Her parents were also born American citizens, meaning her American roots are deeper than Donald Trump's.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

“Go back to where you came from!”

The rallying cry of racists and nationalists everywhere. That tweet has Miller’s fingerprints all over it.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Holman wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:14 am AOC, incidentally, was born in The Bronx. Her parents were also born American citizens, meaning her American roots are deeper than Donald Trump's.
Is there some context to indicate that he's referring to AOC? From the tweets alone, I'd think he meant Ilhan Omar.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Holman

Post by Holman »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:26 am
Holman wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:14 am AOC, incidentally, was born in The Bronx. Her parents were also born American citizens, meaning her American roots are deeper than Donald Trump's.
Is there some context to indicate that he's referring to AOC? From the tweets alone, I'd think he meant Ilhan Omar.
There are a small number of immigrants in Congress, but Trump goes plural with "“Progressive” Democrat Congresswomen," which almost certainly means Omar, AOC, and Tlaib (born in Detroit).

And of course AOC being Latina makes her inherently un-American to Deplorables.
malchior

Post by malchior »

He is such a piece of shit. It is hard to express how disappointed I am at our nation. Maybe it is because I'm sitting in Europe at the moment. It'd be easy to just hate him alone but in the end there already was a willing element that he was easily able to stir up and corral.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Trump was absolutely talking about more than just Omar. He was referring to anyone in the progressive wing who isn't white. There is no doubt about that, given the fact that he spoke about them in plural.

This was probably his most blatantly racist tweet to date. Remember when the morons of this country were up in arms when Obama said "If I had a son, he'd look like Trayvon Martin", calling it a racist dog whistle? Where are your voices now, you hypocrites?
Covfefe!
Archinerd

Post by Archinerd »

It's kind of amazing how "Grab them by the pussy" seems quaint by today's standards.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I still believe that Trump was mostly inspired by Omar when he shat forth those tweets, probably because Tucker Carlson went on a rant about her earlier this week.

However, he was also accidentally correct. All the other progressive Democratic congresswomen that he loves to hate actually do come from a country whose government is a complete and total catastrophe, the worst, most corrupt and inept anywhere in the world. Well, maybe that's a little hyperbolic -- it seems within the realm of possibility that someone, somewhere, is doing a worse job than the Trump administration.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

We’ve hit a bump, sure. But we’re hardly the most corrupt and inept government in the world. :roll:
Covfefe!
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Enlarge Image

hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Crap, forgot you’re Canadian.
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Maybe Green Goo will come out of retirement to explain why it is not funny.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

Trump has been doubling down on his racist tweets all morning, just in case anyone expected otherwise.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Well, the last 4 are all one big quote from Lindsay Graham.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

If he wins reelection on a white supremacist platform, then this country really is done for. If the election against an open racist is even close, that's going to be hard to get over.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Kraken wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:02 am If the election against an open racist is even close, that's going to be hard to get over.
Already happened last time. And yes, it will be hard to get over.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:27 am
Kraken wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:02 am If the election against an open racist is even close, that's going to be hard to get over.
Already happened last time. And yes, it will be hard to get over.
Except this time Putin promised not to interfere. And he had something in his eye, that wasn't a wink.
Black Lives Matter
malchior

Post by malchior »

He went out on the White House lawn and had a complete racist meltdown - he said Omar said she loved Al Queda. He is going to get someone murdered.
REPORTER: Does it concern you that many people saw that tweet as racist and that white nationalist groups are finding common cause with you on that point?

TRUMP: It doesn't concern me because many people agree with me.
Last edited by malchior on Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

malchior

Post by malchior »

Guess I know who is 'retiring' next from Congress. For a R he went pretty far saying the remarks were racist. I don't know if an apology cuts it but even an apology is a fantasy wish.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Apologize? We're pretty far beyond apology. All this - his tweets, the ICE raids, the cages at the border, the Census question - there's a pattern and it should be setting off alarms, not requests for an apology.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

It is sort of indicative how bad it was because some GOP members reluctantly spoke out but so, so many have remained silent. Very disgusted but not surprised. Ive said it before but I'll never vote for anyone associated with the GOP ever again.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

malchior wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:54 pm He went out on the White House lawn and had a complete racist meltdown - he said Omar said she loved Al Queda. He is going to get someone murdered.
REPORTER: Does it concern you that many people saw that tweet as racist and that white nationalist groups are finding common cause with you on that point?

TRUMP: It doesn't concern me because many people agree with me.
I'd love the context of this. Many people agree that there "Progressive" Democrat Congresswomen originally from foreign countries serving, so that makes a simply verified factual claim true?

Found it

Yep. that's what he's saying and this is the best stock market ever, now shut up and toe the line.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I forget who it was, but some reporter broke it down once on how you can tell when Trump is openly lying. One of his tells is when he says "many people". If he uses that in a sentence, it's ALWAYS a lie.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:46 pm I forget who it was, but some reporter broke it down once on how you can tell when Trump is openly lying. One of his tells is when he says "many people". If he uses that in a sentence, it's ALWAYS a lie.
Lips... moving.

I mean yeah it's a joke, but is it?
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:46 pm I forget who it was, but some reporter broke it down once on how you can tell when Trump is openly lying. One of his tells is when he says "many people". If he uses that in a sentence, it's ALWAYS a lie.
I dunno if it means he's openly lying but it does tell me he has a strong but uninformed belief in something and serves as a warning that I should prepart to go full pr0ner :roll: .

(Also I was curious how many non US born Congress women there are)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_f ... oliticians

There are a total of six naturalized Congresswomen. I wonder which of the other 5 he's imply calling out.

I also wonder what POtuS thinks of Elaine Chao, who makes the wiki page but isn't a congressperson.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

malchior wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 2:20 pm It is sort of indicative how bad it was because some GOP members reluctantly spoke out but so, so many have remained silent. Very disgusted but not surprised. Ive said it before but I'll never vote for anyone associated with the GOP ever again.
For example, please see what Mitt Romney has to to say about all this:

.@MittRomney on Trump calling for 4 congresswoman to go back to their countries of origin? “I certainly feel a number of these new members of Congress have views that are not consistent with my experience and not consistent with building a strong America.”
Following up with:
At the same time, I recognize that the Pres has a unique and noble calling to unite all Americans regardless of our creeds or race or place of our national origin and I think in that case, the Pres fell far short.”
Thanks for chiming in and confirming you too are a POS with your "both sides are bad" nonsense.
Last edited by Smoove_B on Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Except here the sad case is that many people DO agree with him, and he knows it.

This whole week is a live-action fascist rally for that crowd.
Holman

Post by Holman »

"Alcaida"
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

He has to make a last minute note to make sure to mention "some people"? Really? (Firefly or Castle of no words)
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Jul 14, 2019 10:22 am “Go back to where you came from!”

The rallying cry of racists and nationalists everywhere. That tweet has Miller’s fingerprints all over it.
Yeah, I've been hearing racists use that line since I was a kid. It's a standard catchphrase for them, especially in a diverse area like southern California. In any other reality I'd be completely shocked that the President of the United States is making a statement like that in 2019. But in the reality I live in, where Trump is that President, it's not shocking at all. It's expected. I mean, who is surprised by this really? This is the same President who said there was blame on both sides after an innocent person was murdered right?
Holman

Post by Holman »

Ah, look: here come the Obersturmführers.

And you have to know they're backing Trump up 100% in the Deplorable circles we seldom see. This feels like a next stage.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:26 pm He has to make a last minute note to make sure to mention "some people"? Really? (Firefly or Castle of no words)
Help me out here, I'm trying to follow that last part. Are you trying to say Nathan FIllion or something? :?
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

hepcat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:32 pm
LordMortis wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:26 pm He has to make a last minute note to make sure to mention "some people"? Really? (Firefly or Castle of no words)
Help me out here, I'm trying to follow that last part. Are you trying to say Nathan FIllion or something? :?
It's that gif.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:34 pm
hepcat wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:32 pm
It's that gif.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Holman wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:31 pm Ah, look: here come the Obersturmführers.

And you have to know they're backing Trump up 100% in the Deplorable circles we seldom see. This feels like a next stage.
His grandparents were Lebanese. Not that it matters to him except as political cover.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Yes. That.

Edit

Not Izzy that. Smoove and lawbeef that.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Ah, got it. My LM translator must be broken as I didn't even make that connection.
Covfefe!
Tao

Post by Tao »

“The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.” ― Edmund Burke.

"...Then they came for me—and there was no one left to speak for me." -Martin Niemoller.

While I do not necessarily believe it would occur in modern day America, thoughts of the Khmer Rouge and Pol Pot keep coming to mind these past few weeks as I read the news.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez