Drazzil Mega Thread: Round table panel skills presentation +Took a home drug test for THC; failed at 45 days sobriety.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by Isgrimnur »

HousingWire: Top 10 cities where low-income housing sees best performance
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Need more Portland advice

Post by Drazzil »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 11:40 am
Drazzil wrote: Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:32 pm
If I still cant find a place that accepts section 8 and my cats or find work I might just look for other cities to live in.
There's always Chicago.

Enlarge Image

But seriously, if it's between a bad situation with cats or a home without cats (temporarily), please consider giving up the cats.
The cats are my only family I have left.
Daehawk wrote:Thats Drazzil's chair damnit.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Everythings ready to go, now I need advice on finding a place.

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Cat are great. I love cats. Some of my best friends are cats. But unlike actual family, you can always get new cats.

You owe it to yourself and future cats to get your life on track ASAP. If having cats is a hindrance, I would advise not having cats.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Situation 1: You insist on keeping the cats, and either end up back where you started or homeless. The cats suffer.
Situation 2: The cats go to good homes and are happy. You have probably ten times the options for housing. You get your life on track, and eventually look into getting new cats. Both you and the various cats are happy.
Situation 3: You find a perfect place that accepts you and your cats and everything works out perfectly. (Note: This is the least likely, and yet the one you are banking on occurring, and will most likely just force Situation 1, above.)

But you know all of this. You've been told probably fifty times in this thread from people with more experience than you, from people who have their lives on track, from people who have pointed out your mistakes in the past and were right. If you choose to ignore all of that, that's on you.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I must admit if I was in the situation and I had my little dogs I'd be hard pressed to get rid of them.
Of course I'd probably buy some camping equipment and camp out a few months until I could change the situation. In the meantime I'd get a PO Box and take showers in a campgound or YMCA or such.
And have a cell phone of course.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

dbt1949 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:59 pm I must admit if I was in the situation and I had my little dogs I'd be hard pressed to get rid of them.
Of course I'd probably buy some camping equipment and camp out a few months until I could change the situation. In the meantime I'd get a PO Box and take showers in a campgound or YMCA or such.
I did that when I moved away to go to college. Lived in a tent at a KoA -- with my cat -- for a couple of weeks. Got a job washing dishes right away, found an apartment within a few days. I was 21 years old, and I do not recommend this. But it's not completely unrealistic. I did it.
hitbyambulance

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: What if I had No cats?

Post by hitbyambulance »

Drazzil wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:06 pm So if these cats die soonish, that would leave me with the youngest two. I do not think they are super attached to me yet. I mean they love me but I dont think they would be shattered if someone else took them like the dying ones would.

They could be fostered fairly easily.

So I could be free to go where ever I please. Cat free.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:18 am
Drazzil wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:06 pm So if these cats die soonish, that would leave me with the youngest two. I do not think they are super attached to me yet. I mean they love me but I dont think they would be shattered if someone else took them like the dying ones would.

I've always thought that "cat" people and hoarders share some similar trait. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Enlarge Image
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

em2nought wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:52 am
hitbyambulance wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 12:18 am

I've always thought that "cat" people and hoarders share some similar trait. Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Enlarge Image
I was absolutely a hoarder. Mom was as well. You guys have no idea how much I hoarded. I threw out SO much stuff. As for the trip to Portland I think I have things covered now. Janet the case manager from the Transition Housing program CHAT program says they can't help me from San Bernardino, but once I get to Portland I will DEFINITELY find space in their shelter that does take cats, and as soon as I call her when I'm in town she will get someone to help me find an apartment.
It looks like I'm set.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Portland or bust!
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Alefroth wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:09 pm Portland or bust!
Yep.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Drazzil wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:27 pm
Alefroth wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:09 pm Portland or bust!
Yep.
Good luck, man. You can do it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Kraken wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm
dbt1949 wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 7:59 pm I must admit if I was in the situation and I had my little dogs I'd be hard pressed to get rid of them.
I did that when I moved away to go to college. Lived in a tent at a KoA -- with my cat -- for a couple of weeks. Got a job washing dishes right away, found an apartment within a few days. I was 21 years old, and I do not recommend this. But it's not completely unrealistic. I did it.
Michelle and I did this when we first moved to Reno together in '95 as well. I was 22, and ours was also a KoA. I couldn't pull tent life off anymore, though.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 6:10 pm
Kraken wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 8:44 pm
Michelle and I did this when we first moved to Reno together in '95 as well. I was 22, and ours was also a KoA. I couldn't pull tent life off anymore, though.
Ditto my wife and I back in '93 when we moved to Bellingham. Not KoA, but a State Park. Luckily we found a landlady who was willing to rent to a couple with no references and no jobs. And two cats.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

is the Matt Foley option off the table for some reason?
Black Lives Matter
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Man I just found something out today... Section 8 certificate is a ticking time bomb If I don't find a place in Portland in 3 months it expires... :shock:

Scary shit. Especially since Portland has a housing crisis.

Fuuuuuck.

Booked an air bnb for me and my cats for two weeks to do my orientation. I leave monday morning. Orientation is wednesday. Hope to find a place ASAP.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Good luck and safe travels, Draz.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Need advice about sick cat, should I put her down?

Post by Drazzil »

So, my 10 year old cat boots seems to be at the end of her rope. She has had IBD her whole life, getting progressively worse her whole life. She vomits a bit sometimes and shits food as soon as she eats it. She's rail thin. I've tried several courses of prednisone, with less effect with every round.

The last time I drove her to LA county (a thirty minute drive) to see the vet, on the way back she passed out and drooled and foamed at the mouth.

I think theres more chance then not she would die on the way to Portland. I don't want her last day on earth to be terrified and stroked out in a cage, terrified.

That being said, she still has quality of life. She loves being petted, she's happy and plays with the other cats. It'd be even harder to find an apt that would take three cats instead of 2, even if she survived, it would make it a little more difficult to find a place, unless I got a therapist to certify them as emotional support in Oregon [super easy I'm told] So if I get her put down, it might be cheating her of her last months of good life.
em2nought

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: Need advice about sick cat, should I put her down?

Post by em2nought »

It doesn't sound like she has quality of life anymore, and I think that's your answer. Sorry about your kitty.
Drazzil

Re: Drazzil Mega Thread: My g-dd-mned cats are taking turns screwing me.

Post by Drazzil »

So I've been cleaning house. Its empty cept for a few things that I'm holding onto while I waited for one cat to emerge from a hole in the goddamned wall. It was in the fucking wall hiding behind something where I couldn't reach it. The cat finally emerged so I woke up from my nap and noticed she was out. I rushed to plug the hole with a blanket, and threw the first cat in a room where she couldn't hide, only to have a second cat PRY THE FUCKING GODDAMNED BLANKET LOOSE FROM THE MOTHERFUCKING HOLE and go hide in the same whorefucking hole!!!

I now missed my first day of airbnb. I won't be in Portland today because its 15 hours to get there driving nonstop.

I know that if I cant get him out by tomorrow morning I gotta leave him and let animal control deal with it. I can't miss my hud appt.

Fuck!!!!
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Family, love 'em or leave 'em.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Stop sabotaging yourself.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

Smoove_B wrote: Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:40 pm Stop sabotaging yourself.
I swear to Christ I didn't do this to myself. The cat is hiding in the wall, won't come out for food, won't answer me even though I know he's in there. I was supppsed to leave 9 this morn now I gotta wait for this idiot cat. If he's not out tomorrow I gotta leave him.

Suffering christ I'm upset.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

This.
Hodor.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Haha.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Hello, section 8? I can't leave, the cat's stuck in the wall.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

pr0ner wrote: Tue Jul 23, 2019 8:28 am
This.
So. The cat came out, then I thought I sealed the area with a towel. Found out this morning that devilish cat pulled out towel and resumed being wall cat. I had to leave her behind... My friend says he will trap her and have his gf bring her next she goes to oregon. It'll be costly but its the best of bad options
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Don't forget to stop at the state line, get out of the car, and shake the California dust off.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

well, you got out. congratulations.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Have you arrived in Oregon yet?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

He stopped to see a sneak preview of CATS.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:04 pm He stopped to see a sneak preview of CATS.
I figured he stopped at the welcome station, and let the cats out for fresh air without a leash so.... :mrgreen:
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Well I figure he may not have reliable internet access and moving can be pretty hectic...or he's chasing his cats across the interstate.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Naming one of them Red Rover was probably a mistake.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I bet he ends up in Nevada.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Drazzil

Post by Drazzil »

I will spare you guys the latest heckish drama I've been thru and just say that I'm doing well and hope to do even better real soon.

The two remaining cats are in fine fighting spirit and the one who disappeared into the wall is being safely held in SB, and although she is physically okay, she is PISSED by being trapped and brought to a filthy strangers house where she is not treated like the dumb punchy orange goddess that she is.

She will be brought to Oregon as soon as I can find a stable spot. All's well that ends well
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Drazzil wrote: Fri Jul 26, 2019 1:01 am I will spare you guys the latest heckish drama I've been thru and just say that I'm doing well and hope to do even better real soon.

The two remaining cats are in fine fighting spirit and the one who disappeared into the wall is being safely held in SB, and although she is physically okay, she is PISSED by being trapped and brought to a filthy strangers house where she is not treated like the dumb punchy orange goddess that she is.

She will be brought to Oregon as soon as I can find a stable spot. All's well that ends well
Congrats on making the move, and best wishes going forward.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Hey, glad to hear that you're not chasing cats across the interstate! Best of luck with your new start!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?