Pictures and Videos for R&P

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

msteelers

Re: Pictures and Videos for R&P

Post by msteelers »

I never thought I would see a late night comedian telling the President of the United States to go to hell, and they get a standing ovation for it.

I don’t know how we come back from this.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

We'll come back from it when Trump is out of office and someone who follows normal adult standards takes his place. Trump is an anomaly not just among presidents, but among human beings in general.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

I'm not nearly as confident as you are.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh, it's ON

Maybe next year, maybe no go
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

While, I'm not a fan of NowThis, that was the first thing I thought of. The second was it's OK to be a subordinate wife from "corrupt" countries but it's not OK to be from "corrupt" countries, which says to me what you think of the humanity of women. But then I have to remember Melenia is an Einstein and Ilhan is just an elected Congresswoman.
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 5:01 pm While, I'm not a fan of NowThis, that was the first thing I thought of. The second was it's OK to be a subordinate wife from "corrupt" countries but it's not OK to be from "corrupt" countries, which says to me what you think of the humanity of women. But then I have to remember Melenia is an Einstein and Ilhan is just an elected Congresswoman.
It doesn't have to do with length of time. It's about whether you complain about the Fearless Leader.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yup. You either join the cult of personality, or you aren't an American anymore. When a leader consistently decries any criticism of himself as criticism of the country itself, he's become a dangerous demagogue and he needs to be removed from office.
Covfefe!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

YellowKing wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 3:20 pm We'll come back from it when Trump is out of office and someone who follows normal adult standards takes his place. Trump is an anomaly not just among presidents, but among human beings in general.
The bar is permanently lowered. The stink of Trump will permiate the White House for decades. Decades of decades. Or at least as long as we're around to smell it.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

No, he said Alcaida.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I'm not seeing the point of bringing up the length of time someone has been a citizen. It shouldn't be relevant. What's relevant is that they are a citizen.
Formix

Post by Formix »

I always feel like he's saying Citizen not citizen. Like you can hear the authoritarian 1984-ish capitalization in his voice.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Those who don't like him will see a sexual predator hunting fish in a barrel. Those who do like him will see a player getting his game on.

MYT
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I despise him and it's gross to watch him, but I don't think it's particularly damning.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Who looks at that and says "wow"? :?

I mean, he's been openly bragging about his sexual escapades to anyone who listens (and many times even those trying not to) for the better part of 5 decades. Of course anyone with a brain knows he's a scumbag with women. And those that don't will see these videos as just proof that he's "changed".
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

Narcissists don't listen.

A witness is telling him about a human tragedy, and he's just waiting for her to go away so he can get back to watching himself on Fox.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I'm not going to get into the woo-woo of over analyzing body language, but how on earth did this conversation get staged? He's pulled in tight to his desk and facing away from her as she's telling him about the death of her family. He has to crane his neck almost backwards to engage with her, and he's barely capable. He couldn't be positioned in a more disinterested way unless he was sitting in a limo with a tinted window rolled down a tiny bit.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Needs a Trump thought bubble: Why are all these brown people in my office?

Alternate: I should get a Nobel Prize for meeting Kim Jong-un at the border.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

tl/dr version: He ignores the question for a while, and then he finally calls the reporter not a professional reporter (he is) tells him to call to set up an interview (he's tried repeatedly) and to watch fox news to see his response where he clears up the "lies".
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

He needs to learn to use elevators to his advantage.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I wonder how the first responders will react the next time his neighbor beats him up.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:30 pm I wonder how the first responders will react the next time his neighbor beats him up.
All of them, because they are far better humans that he is.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Sepiche wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:42 pm
Jaymann wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:30 pm I wonder how the first responders will react the next time his neighbor beats him up.
All of them, because they are far better humans that he is.
That's what deplorables seem to count on. Why should I help you? Until it's time to help me.

(And while I wasn't raised that way (the exact opposite, really, you do anything for the people you care about but you you feel a burden if you ask) I was exposed to it enough for it to have sunk in and it was something I had to learn to shed)
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

If you're trying to organize a straight pride parade, don't fuck with TripAdvisor. :lol:
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Holman wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:04 am

Narcissists don't listen.

A witness is telling him about a human tragedy, and he's just waiting for her to go away so he can get back to watching himself on Fox.
The more I watch this exchange, the more it a utterly infuriates me. Setting aside Trump’s embarrassing ignorance about who she is and anything about her situation, the utter lack of ANY sort of empathy is appalling. Not just from an elected official, but just as a fellow human being.

He can’t be bothered to face her while she talks, look her in the eye, or pay even the slightest bit of attention to what she’s saying. She’s describing to him a horrific human tragedy and he literally could not care less because it’s not about him.

He is truly a disgusting human being, at every conceivable level.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
naednek

Post by naednek »

hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Hadn't seen this one before.

Enlarge Image
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

The latest patriotic masterpiece from conservative artist John McNaughton is...Trump giving the flag a handie.

Wait, what?? (This tweet is from the artist directly, btw)

Ew.

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

He has the "What day is it? Where am I?" look on Trump's face captured, that's for sure.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Skinypupy wrote:The latest patriotic masterpiece from conservative artist John McNaughton is...Trump giving the flag a handie.

Wait, what?? (This tweet is from the artist directly, btw)

Ew.

Why is Trump jerking off America?
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

That middle red stripe looks like his tie hanging down.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I wish he'd respect this country as much as he "respects" the flag.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

YellowKing wrote:I wish he'd respect this country as much as he "respects" the flag.
Trump sees the flag as a tool to manipulate people. That is all.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

USA Today
Speaking on Tuesday at a student activist conference hosted by the conservative advocacy organization Turning Point USA, President Donald Trump walked onstage in front of a presidential seal that, upon closer examination, appears to have been altered to include symbols representing Russia and golf.

The Washington Post first reported on the altered seal. As Trump walked onstage to a cheering audience, two presidential seals flashed on screen. The seal directly behind Trump was the authentic presidential seal. One of the seals, however, was not like the others.

Upon closer examination, the seal on Trump's right includes a double-headed eagle, unlike the single head of the traditional presidential seal, and seems to resemble the Russian coat of arms. The seal has a complex history, notes the Victoria and Albert Museum, but one of the more common interpretations is that the two heads represent east and west, "an allegory sometimes for unity, and sometimes for absolute monarchy." It could be a reference to Trump's sometimes-controversial relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The eagle also appears to be holding several golf clubs instead of arrows in its claws, perhaps a reference to Trump's affinity for golf.

Additionally, instead of "e pluribus unum," the scroll above the eagle appears to say "45 es un titere," which appears to translate from Spanish to mean "45 is a puppet."

It is not clear where the image originated, though, or who was responsible for the mixup.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Pyperkub wrote: Sun Jul 21, 2019 11:59 am
YellowKing wrote:I wish he'd respect this country as much as he "respects" the flag.
Trump sees the flag as a tool to manipulate people. That is all.

Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:23 pm Image

USA Today
Speaking on Tuesday at a student activist conference hosted by the conservative advocacy organization Turning Point USA, President Donald Trump walked onstage in front of a presidential seal that, upon closer examination, appears to have been altered to include symbols representing Russia and golf.

The Washington Post first reported on the altered seal. As Trump walked onstage to a cheering audience, two presidential seals flashed on screen. The seal directly behind Trump was the authentic presidential seal. One of the seals, however, was not like the others.

Upon closer examination, the seal on Trump's right includes a double-headed eagle, unlike the single head of the traditional presidential seal, and seems to resemble the Russian coat of arms. The seal has a complex history, notes the Victoria and Albert Museum, but one of the more common interpretations is that the two heads represent east and west, "an allegory sometimes for unity, and sometimes for absolute monarchy." It could be a reference to Trump's sometimes-controversial relationship with Russian President Vladimir Putin.

The eagle also appears to be holding several golf clubs instead of arrows in its claws, perhaps a reference to Trump's affinity for golf.

Additionally, instead of "e pluribus unum," the scroll above the eagle appears to say "45 es un titere," which appears to translate from Spanish to mean "45 is a puppet."

It is not clear where the image originated, though, or who was responsible for the mixup.
:lol: :lol:

Bravo to whoever did that. :clap:
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:42 pm Bravo to whoever did that. :clap:
The seal parody is the work of a graphic designer by the name of Charles Leazott. It's appearance behind Trump is the work of an unnamed (as far as I know) hero who used to work for Turning Point USA.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Who is "45"?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter