Harvey Weinstein (and assorted horrible people)... RIP career.

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Jaymann

Re: Harvey Weinstein (and assorted horrible people)... RIP career.

Post by Jaymann »

Nice cellphone you have there, be a shame if something happened to it...
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:14 pm Will undoubtedly be appealed.
Not appealable as far as I know. You can ask imlawboy but that’s judicial discretion. He'll have to wait for a trial now. He’s obviously not a candidate for release.
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Lorini wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:57 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:14 pm Will undoubtedly be appealed.
Not appealable as far as I know. You can ask imlawboy but that’s judicial discretion. He'll have to wait for a trial now. He’s obviously not a candidate for release.
IANAFL (and IANILB) but reports have his attorneys saying they may appeal:

Example.
Epstein — who wore navy blue scrubs, with rolled-up purple shirt sleeves — showed no visible reaction when Berman ordered him held.

Outside of court, Epstein's lawyer, Martin Weinberg, told NBC that the defense team will explore all options and potential appeals.

“We haven’t read the court's opinion, we haven’t reviewed it. When we do, we will seriously contemplate an appeal," Weinberg said.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

I'm not a criminal lawyer (but all laywers are criminal, amIright?), but I'd think you could appeal this. You can usually appeal judges' rulings.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

OK then I retract what I said. I thought only trial results could be appealed. No one in their right mind or who cared about the law or the children would let that molester go free but unfortunately children's' lives are too frequently thrown under the bus to suit rich elite people.
Black Lives Matter
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Just because you can appeal doesn’t mean you have a chance.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Definitely true! I'm not sure that the "But the forged passport with another name was expired, so obviously he's not a flight risk," argument is very compelling.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

And prosecutors had said Wednesday that Epstein used the foreign passport with a fake name to enter several countries in the 1980s including the United Kingdom, Spain and Saudi Arabia.
"In fact, the passport contains numerous ingress and egress stamps, including stamps that reflect use of the passport to enter France, Spain, the United Kingdom, and Saudi Arabia in the 1980s."
Epstein's lawyers said he obtained the Austrian passport in 1982 for "personal protection" to be presented to "potential kidnappers, hijackers, or terrorists."

Epstein's attorneys argued that the government provided no evidence that he ever used the passport. They said any stamps on the questionable passport were obtained by a previous user.

"He never used the document to travel internationally and never presented it to any immigration or customs authority," according to Epstein's defense letter on Thursday.
I'm no expert on international travel law, but I was of the impression that there was not supposed to be a "used" market for passports.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:00 am Definitely true! I'm not sure that the "But the forged passport with another name was expired, so obviously he's not a flight risk," argument is very compelling.
They're arguing that it was common for rich guys, particularly rich Jewish guys, to have a bunch of fake passports back in the day in case they got kidnapped by Islamic terrorists. Clearly it's a memento of those trying times. As are the stacks of cash and piles of diamonds.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

USA Today
Wealthy financier Jeffrey Epstein, awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges with girls as young as 14, was found injured in his Manhattan jail cell earlier this week and received medical treatment.

It wasn’t clear whether bruising on the 66-year-old’s neck was self-inflicted or from an assault. Epstein was treated Tuesday and remains in custody at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City.

NBC New York and the New York Post, citing unidentified law enforcement officials, said Epstein was found with neck injuries after a possible suicide attempt.

Officials were investigating other scenarios, including a possible attack by another inmate or simply an effort by Epstein to win a transfer to another facility, the reports said.

The financier had been placed on suicide watch at the MCC after the incident, according to NBC.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:25 pm USA Today
The financier had been placed on suicide watch at the MCC after the incident, according to NBC.
Multimillionaire child molester to naked huddled nothing in a bare cell with no blanket. Not quite enough justice, but a start.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 12:25 pm USA Today
Wealthy financier Jeffrey Epstein, awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges with girls as young as 14, was found injured in his Manhattan jail cell earlier this week and received medical treatment.

It wasn’t clear whether bruising on the 66-year-old’s neck was self-inflicted or from an assault. Epstein was treated Tuesday and remains in custody at the Metropolitan Correctional Center in New York City.

NBC New York and the New York Post, citing unidentified law enforcement officials, said Epstein was found with neck injuries after a possible suicide attempt.

Officials were investigating other scenarios, including a possible attack by another inmate or simply an effort by Epstein to win a transfer to another facility, the reports said.

There's plenty of wealthy and powerful people that would likely breathe a whole lot easier if Epstein were to conveniently shuffle off this mortal coil. Not to mention the fact that child molesters like Epstein are invariably first in line for a good arse-kicking in the penal system. Which certainly makes one wonder if this was a genuine suicide attempt, or perhaps something more.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

If it were a hit from the former group, he would be dead. I don't buy that it was a warning either. Most likely he's trying to get moved to a hospital/mental ward or something.

MYT
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

ImLawBoy wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:00 am Definitely true! I'm not sure that the "But the forged passport with another name was expired, so obviously he's not a flight risk," argument is very compelling.
Who's to say that's the only one he has and that any others are also expired? Heck, he may even have an unexpired version somewhere - did they even check to see if it had been renewed?
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Jul 25, 2019 3:01 pmWho's to say that's the only one he has and that any others are also expired? Heck, he may even have an unexpired version somewhere - did they even check to see if it had been renewed?
If you've ever watched the Bourne movies, you'll know he just needs a safety deposit box or a train station luggage locker... Boom. Home free. If he was weird enough to get one, I'd wager he has a second one stashed somewhere "safe" with a pile of cash - just because he could.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Hard to find a good hitman these days with diminished resources. :wink:
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Holman

Post by Holman »

That Clinton tried to kill Epstein was the top topic pushed by Russian social media bots today.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

In case you didn't think Epstein was disturbing enough:
Jeffrey E. Epstein, the wealthy financier who is accused of sex trafficking, had an unusual dream: He hoped to seed the human race with his DNA by impregnating women at his vast New Mexico ranch.

Mr. Epstein over the years confided to scientists and others about his scheme, according to four people familiar with his thinking, although there is no evidence that it ever came to fruition.

On multiple occasions starting in the early 2000s, Mr. Epstein told scientists and businessmen about his ambitions to use his New Mexico ranch as a base where women would be inseminated with his sperm and would give birth to his babies, according to two award-winning scientists and an adviser to large companies and wealthy individuals, all of whom Mr. Epstein told about it.

According to Mr. Lanier, the NASA scientist said Mr. Epstein had based his idea for a baby ranch on accounts of the Repository for Germinal Choice, which was to be stocked with the sperm of Nobel laureates who wanted to strengthen the human gene pool. (Only one Nobel Prize winner has acknowledged contributing sperm to it. The repository discontinued operations in 1999.)

Mr. Lanier, the virtual-reality creator and author, said he had the impression that Mr. Epstein was using the dinner parties — where some guests were attractive women with impressive academic credentials — to screen candidates to bear Mr. Epstein’s children.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Smoove_B wrote:In case you didn't think Epstein was disturbing enough:
Jeffrey E. Epstein, the wealthy financier who is accused of sex trafficking, had an unusual dream: He hoped to seed the human race with his DNA by impregnating women at his vast New Mexico ranch.

Mr. Epstein over the years confided to scientists and others about his scheme, according to four people familiar with his thinking, although there is no evidence that it ever came to fruition.

On multiple occasions starting in the early 2000s, Mr. Epstein told scientists and businessmen about his ambitions to use his New Mexico ranch as a base where women would be inseminated with his sperm and would give birth to his babies, according to two award-winning scientists and an adviser to large companies and wealthy individuals, all of whom Mr. Epstein told about it.

According to Mr. Lanier, the NASA scientist said Mr. Epstein had based his idea for a baby ranch on accounts of the Repository for Germinal Choice, which was to be stocked with the sperm of Nobel laureates who wanted to strengthen the human gene pool. (Only one Nobel Prize winner has acknowledged contributing sperm to it. The repository discontinued operations in 1999.)

Mr. Lanier, the virtual-reality creator and author, said he had the impression that Mr. Epstein was using the dinner parties — where some guests were attractive women with impressive academic credentials — to screen candidates to bear Mr. Epstein’s children.
Abbreviations are not enough for this as I say What The Fuck? Is he a self styled "Khan Noonien Singh, Hedge Fund manager and architect of the Eugenic Wars"?

Rich folks are fucking weird...
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

$iljanus wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:00 pm Rich folks are fucking weird...
Says the guy with a diamond studded gold dollar sign as his avatar. Heh heh. I found that funny. :ninja:
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Moat_Man wrote: Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:07 am
$iljanus wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 6:00 pm Rich folks are fucking weird...
Says the guy with a diamond studded gold dollar sign as his avatar. Heh heh. I found that funny. :ninja:
Hey I draw the line at having a baby ranch! :hand:
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Smoove_B wrote: Wed Jul 31, 2019 4:26 pm In case you didn't think Epstein was disturbing enough:
I'm pretty sure this has already been an episode of Law & Order SVU, but with the fertility Doctor as the culprit. I wonder if this is where they got their idea for that episode? :think:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Guardian
A large tranche out of 2,000 pages of potentially explosive documents in a lawsuit against Ghislaine Maxwell – the British socialite and daughter of former media tycoon Robert Maxwell accused of acting as a recruiter of girls and women for disgraced financier Jeffrey Epstein – have been made public.

Virginia Giuffre, one of Epstein’s many accusers, filed a Manhattan federal court lawsuit against Maxwell in 2015, alleging defamation. Giuffre, née Roberts, claimed Maxwell defamed her by calling her a liar over her allegations against Maxwell and Epstein.

Giuffre has alleged that Maxwell recruited her to work as a masseuse for Epstein when she was 15 and had been working as a locker-room attendant at Donald Trump’s Mar-a-Lago club in Florida.

Giuffre had previously alleged that Epstein, who had political connections, forced her into sexual encounters with Prince Andrew. Buckingham Palace has vehemently denied Giuffre’s allegations. In 2015 it released a statement saying: “The allegations made are false and without any foundation.”

Maxwell and Giuffre settled the lawsuit in 2017 but scores of case documents – which many speculate may contain additional details of allegations against Epstein and his political connections – had remained under seal until a federal appeals court ordered their release.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Infuriating.

Even giving the Dubins the benefit of the doubt, why are they carting around a 15-year-old foreign national and how do they think it's OK for her to be Epstein's "personal secretary"? 15?

And I sure as hell don't give them the benefit of the doubt.

MYT
Holman

Post by Holman »

It's being reported that Epstein has committed suicide.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I was hoping he oeuld help others go down.
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

McNutt wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:23 am I was hoping he oeuld help others go down.
Which is probably why he did it. Those documents were going to sink him anyway. Just hope others involved in this horror go to jail as well.
Black Lives Matter
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Suicide, or "suicide"?
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

“Suicide”, yeah right. Wasn’t he on suicide watch because he tried a couple weeks ago?

I’m typically not a conspiracy theorist, but this is awfully convenient for a lot of people.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

wow, I did not see that coming. :shock:
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Holman wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:10 am It's being reported that Epstein has committed suicide.
Something something, thoughts and prayers.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Holman wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:10 am It's being reported that Epstein has committed suicide.
Hmmmmm. :think: ...and they've probably already cremated the body? :wink:
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I understand one of the guards shops at Ralph's.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Yeah, suspisious as all hell. I guess the recent disclosures were an uncomfortable preview of what may have come.

Lots of terrible people are breathing a huge sigh of relief today.

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:00 amLots of terrible people are breathing a huge sigh of relief today.
He was never going to testify against anyone, that's for sure. Here's hoping there's no conspiracy and he actually did it knowing how much evidence they already had against him and everyone else he enabled.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:20 am
LawBeefaroni wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:00 amLots of terrible people are breathing a huge sigh of relief today.
He was never going to testify against anyone, that's for sure. Here's hoping there's no conspiracy and he actually did it knowing how much evidence they already had against him and everyone else he enabled.
I'm pretty sure the evidence will be committing suicide as well. :wink:
Enough

Post by Enough »

Skinypupy wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:35 am “Suicide”, yeah right. Wasn’t he on suicide watch because he tried a couple weeks ago?

I’m typically not a conspiracy theorist, but this is awfully convenient for a lot of people.
Signed. Edit, maybe this should be posted in the poke with an umbrella thread?
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

If he was dead 3 hours after he was initially collared, I'd buy it. I think it's more likely he finally realized he wasn't going to get out of this one (like last time) and whatever friends/contacts/connections he had before weren't going to come to his rescue. He was a smart man and knew well enough what he was likely to face after being sentenced. Again, I can only hope his records and properties have already offered up a treasure-trove of information that will be used to continue the investigation. If he truly had people protecting him and this is some kind of mercy killing and nothing else happens with the evidence collected? Then the whole system is fuct.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Sat Aug 10, 2019 11:20 am
Yeah but with him dead there's no trial. Sure they may still have evidence against others and they may pursue it. But with no trial with all the embarassing testimony and without Epstein trying to save his own ass, chances are much less.

MYT
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

And the gang of perverts gets away.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"