Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

morlac

Re: Rebel Galaxy Outlaw

Post by morlac »

I just jumped right in and have been stumbling around ok but ill prolly watch that later to see what I did wrong. Onlu played an hour but so far I love it.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Same here.
First run through I'm gonna wing it. I'll restart the game after I get a decent feel for things.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Max Peck wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 6:36 pm My only early impression is that you're probably going to want to watch that "Getting Started" video linked above. There is no manual, and the game makes no effort to teach you how to play it.
Bummer. That just moved it from “buy now” to “buy someday on sale”
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Sepiche

Post by Sepiche »

It's pretty much an exact remake of Wing Commander: Privateer 1, mechanics wise, so far.

Still trying to get used to the K+M controls which feel weird, and might need to switch to my hotas, but overall I liked Privateer enough I'm enjoying this.

And yikes, the ship paint editor is so powerful as to be completely useless to me.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The dev himself says a controller is the way to go and thats how I played the first one. i was skeptical then but turned out to be the right way. And Im a joystick space sim player.

Though there is no control guide yet these two pages may help new folk. Im sure there could be spoilers in there some place but maybe not. I do love you can completely replace all music with your own. neat.

https://rebelgalaxy.gamepedia.com/Rebel_Galaxy_Wiki

https://www.indiegamewebsite.com/2019/0 ... nd-tricks/
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Is this one a little more engaging on the narrative side of things? I liked the mechanics of the original well enough but the characters and what little story line that there was beyond generic and dull enough that I gave up on it pretty fast.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Sepiche wrote: Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:39 pmStill trying to get used to the K+M controls which feel weird, and might need to switch to my hotas, but overall I liked Privateer enough I'm enjoying this.
The devs are actively engaging people on how to improve K+M controls if you feel like weighing in.
Lordnine wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 2:17 am Is this one a little more engaging on the narrative side of things? I liked the mechanics of the original well enough but the characters and what little story line that there was beyond generic and dull enough that I gave up on it pretty fast.
So far it seems to be a pretty similar feel to the first game, but I'm only a short ways into the main story.

Overall I'm really loving the game so far after a few hours in. I earned enough money to try the first two ship upgrade options, and I love how different the cockpits feel. The starter ship feels like a piece of crap; the $100k multi-role ship cockpit feels more competent but like you're in a civilian ship retrofitted for combat; and the $107k combat ship feels like a combat ship. The $100k vs. $107k cockpits are kind of like the Millenium Falcon cockpit vs. the one in Slave I.

My biggest beef with the game so far is the half-baked HOTAS support. It's really clunky mapping the buttons, and throttle is outright not working properly. The Xbox controller works really really well, but I had been hoping to play this entirely with HOTAS controls.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Random observations after Playing the first couple story missions and ran about 4 side missions. I did not watch any tutorial videos/etc. I have read about the game and at least was aware of the autochase mechanic. I played with an Xbox 360 and Xbox One controller just to see if there was a difference. I did not notice one.

Good:

It's a love letter to WC Privateer and a passion project. It shows.

Voice acting was excellent so far.

Music. The soundtrack is 20+ hours and so far pretty awesome. You can change songs/stations ala Grand Theft series. I just kept it on the Title screen for a hour while I did chores. I have yet to hear same song after about 3 hours of playing/listening. I have also yet felt a need to skip one.

Atmosphere/World building. I liked it in the first one and it's even better here. The bars have mini games in them! Asteroids anyone? Dice poker? Game of Pool?

Graphics: Hard to explain but the cockpit looks like Wing commander. the "screens" in the cockpit are all CRT so made to look hazy. Lot's of film grain, etc. It's an interesting choice and I think it works great. Feels modern retro.

Flying/Combat. didn't get to much of this yet besides running delivery missions and trading. It feels fine so far though and the controller works great.

Cons:
None yet but I'm barley scratched the surface here.

Next up:

I 'm going to do some combat missions tonight, play with the 3D tactical screen, etc.i

side note: I didn't have any issues just booting it up and playing. There are some button prompts it gives you and I was able to complete first few missions no problem. However, I skimmed through the linked tutorial video and there is definitely some good tips in there. Personally I like fumbling around games systems first but to each his own.
raydude

Post by raydude »

Only about 4 hours in. I had some initial frustration with my xbox360 controller. Every so often the Xbox Game Bar would pop up and the controller would feel sluggish and unresponsive. Then sometimes a virtual keyboard would pop up. I had to do some googling and found out that I could disable the XBox Game Bar and that the virtual keyboard was actually Steam's fault (one of the Steam Big Screen features). I exited Steam and now the controller appears to be functioning fine.

At this early stage of the game I'm still in the flying garbage scow and have come to realize that the flying trash can is not the kind of ship one takes to answer distress signals. I keep getting my butt handed to me, so I will ignore those for now until I get a better ship. On the plus side, pirate siege missions are actually do-able. These are ones where pirates are assaulting a base. The base also usually has patrol ships and freighters around it, so the pirates have more targets to shoot and there are more friendlies trying to shoot the pirates.

I've been playing in "sim" mode but I may just restart it and do normal mode to see how "auto-pursuit" works.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Today I learned that I can connect my wireless XBone controller to my PC with a USB cable, and after a couple of attempts (it didn't work on the first port I tried) I got Windows to recognize the controller, so I'll see how that works with the game. I was not really loving how the K+M flight controls work.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
morlac

Post by morlac »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:25 am Today I learned that I can connect my wireless XBone controller to my PC with a USB cable, and after a couple of attempts (it didn't work on the first port I tried) I got Windows to recognize the controller, so I'll see how that works with the game. I was not really loving how the K+M flight controls work.
Good call and exactly what/how I am using mine.

My biggest tip to offer so far:

PLAY IT WITH A XBOX CONTROLLER. It works fine with little to no issues. Almost every complaint I have read so far has to do with playing it without a controller. Stop torturing yourself, just embrace it!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Music. The soundtrack is 20+ hours and so far pretty awesome. You can change songs/stations ala Grand Theft series. I just kept it on the Title screen for a hour while I did chores. I have yet to hear same song after about 3 hours of playing/listening. I have also yet felt a need to skip one.
Dont forget you can totally replace all the music with you own.
morlac

Post by morlac »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Aug 14, 2019 1:14 pm
Dont forget you can totally replace all the music with you own.
Ok but the soundtrack is 20+ hours and so far pretty awesome. You can change songs/stations ala Grand Theft series. I just kept it on the Title screen for a hour while I did chores. I have yet to hear same song after about 3 hours of playing/listening. I have also yet felt a need to skip one.

LOL :P

That is a great feature. Full modding via mod tools will be coming eventually as well. I suspect this game will have a long shelf life due to that. Also, the licensed music in game now will never expire so no updates removing songs.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I started on veteran, which is the same difficulty as normal, but starts you off with basically nothing but an overclocked laser pointer for a weapon. I finally got some time in last night and got myself an upgraded ship. Joining the Merchant's Guild helped quite a bit with quests that netted me 10-12k each which was better than grinding patrols and simple deliveries (though you *can* grind those in-system pretty fast) for less than 2k each.

I switched to the 100k ship but so far it isn't much different because I can't really afford to kit it out. The complete change in the cockpit layout is a bit jarring, but hopefully I will get used to it.

I hit a brick wall on the story so I will be spending some time beefing up my ship before going back to that.

My controller *sucks* for pool (it's an amazon essentials knock-off xbone controller). it's very hard to get any shot strength other than 2% or 99%. The mouse gives me MUCH better control there.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
morlac

Post by morlac »

I've been making good starting money by trying to double up on delivery missions. You can get 2 to the same station sometimes. I also try and fill my cargo up with whatever is cheap a that station and flipping it wherever I deliver to next. I exploited a good Gold buy rate of 980ish and flipped them for 1500 in the starter area while running delivery missions. Made enough for the tractor beam after one run. Even with a small profit it's basically free money. I'm sure this gets riskier away from starting area but right at the beginning it's easy money .
Reemul

Post by Reemul »

One thing mentioned is you are better off upgrading your start ship with decent equipment as the original + better equipment is better than better ship and poor equipment. When you upgrade your ship you can then transfer the better weapons etc to the new ship.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

In Privateer I kept and upgraded my trusty old Tarsus that way. It was great until I got into really heavy combat stuff and big cargo runs.
raydude

Post by raydude »

I was getting bummed out that I couldn't take out anything bigger than a jackrabbit with my Platypus starter ship, combat laser, and tracer. So I installed a dumbfire missle. Then I discovered that if I get on a pirate's tail and hold my fire it would keep going in a straight line for a few seconds. Enough time to line up the crosshairs and fire my missle.

With that tactic I was able to take out the next class up - the Coachellas or whatever they're called. Upgraded to a tracer and gauss gun, kept my dumbfire, and now I'm able to take out Roze's too. Also faced down a pirate destroyer and took him down with the help of some police fighters by making passes at him and firing my dumbfire missles.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Picked this up today. I'm not typically a big space game fan, but I really enjoyed Rebel Galaxy and this looks even better.

Two questions:

1. How do you quit the *(&)(*&#@$(*&@# game?

2. Is there any way to set back to default control mapping? I accidentally mapped a couple of things but didn't see a reset. May have missed it.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

YellowKing wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 12:31 pm Picked this up today. I'm not typically a big space game fan, but I really enjoyed Rebel Galaxy and this looks even better.

Two questions:

1. How do you quit the *(&)(*&#@$(*&@# game?

2. Is there any way to set back to default control mapping? I accidentally mapped a couple of things but didn't see a reset. May have missed it.
1) off the top of my head (using xbox controller) - start button - system - exit to title then exit from title screen
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Thanks coop - it was obvious when I went back in this afternoon. I think I had the gamepad plugged in but was looking at the keyboard menus or something. Or maybe I was still half asleep. :D
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I was just over on the Epic Store looking at this. Very modest Specifications I must say. Also the minimum is the same as the recommended, which is odd. Does it really only need as recommended as processor a Intel® Core™ 2 Duo 2.4 GHz or AMD Athlon™ X2 2.8 GHz, and only one GB of video memory?
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Ah crap, OO Effect strikes again :roll:, downloading now. While waiting I did find a fairly useful ten minute video, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw: Top 10 Helpful Tips For Beginners. I had also watched that 42 minute video linked above but the ten minute video was nice in getting to the heart of the matter sooner.

Watching those videos made me think that this game rather resembles Elite: Dangerous, although from the looks of it, less tedious and more fun, two reasons I quit playing ED. I'll see how this one strikes me. Also it's the first game I have actually bought on the Epic Store, so far nothing bad has happ....................

Enlarge Image
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Every video I see makes me wonder why it has such a complicated crosshair. Why cant it just be simple? Most times in these videos I cant even see the target they are shooting at for the crosshair blocking the view.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

First of all, love the opening video sequence, very well done. And I'm a sucker for a brunette with a blaster :D

How do I take screenshots in Epic?
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Forum effect got me too, and I'm kinda wishing it hadn't. I'm finding myself mostly annoyed with it, as I'm apparently terrible at, well, everything. My biggest question is when the hell does the game auto-save?

I finally finished one of the main mission objectives, but made the mistake of answering a distress call on the way back to turn it in and got promptly blown to shit. When it re-loaded, it started me clear back at the beginning of the mission.

I picked up a side mission of taking care of some pirates. I blew them all up and got a message that mission was complete. However, I picked up one of the pirate pilots with my tractor beam after the battle, and that's apparently a no-no...as I got scanned on my way back to the next station and promptly blown to shit by the cops when trying to dock. It re-loaded me clear back before the battle with the pirates.

I grabbed a low-risk mission to clear out mines for something like 1,500 credits. It said the route was clear. Got ambushed the moment I got there, and - you guessed it - was promptly blown to shit. At least this time I saw the "you may be outclassed" message, so...progress?

I'm obviously missing something important, as nearly every battle I enter destroys me in about 30 seconds. I'm auto-following, shooting at them, firing missiles, and even destroying a few enemy ships, but I always seem to get overwhelmed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
naednek

Post by naednek »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:05 am Forum effect got me too, and I'm kinda wishing it hadn't. I'm finding myself mostly annoyed with it, as I'm apparently terrible at, well, everything. My biggest question is when the hell does the game auto-save?

I finally finished one of the main mission objectives, but made the mistake of answering a distress call on the way back to turn it in and got promptly blown to shit. When it re-loaded, it started me clear back at the beginning of the mission.

I picked up a side mission of taking care of some pirates. I blew them all up and got a message that mission was complete. However, I picked up one of the pirate pilots with my tractor beam after the battle, and that's apparently a no-no...as I got scanned on my way back to the next station and promptly blown to shit by the cops when trying to dock. It re-loaded me clear back before the battle with the pirates.

I grabbed a low-risk mission to clear out mines for something like 1,500 credits. It said the route was clear. Got ambushed the moment I got there, and - you guessed it - was promptly blown to shit. At least this time I saw the "you may be outclassed" message, so...progress?

I'm obviously missing something important, as nearly every battle I enter destroys me in about 30 seconds. I'm auto-following, shooting at them, firing missiles, and even destroying a few enemy ships, but I always seem to get overwhelmed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
The game doesn't hold your hand. I died a lot at first. I ignore distress calls, Early on I focused on doing the fedex type missions where you jsut deliver, and the minefields, just low level low risk. Yes sometimes you die, but after a while you figure things out. Once you do enough of those missions you can start upgrading your weapons\shields. Then buy an ECM to take out missiles heading towards you.

Gamepad seems to be a must as I couldn't imagine playing this with keyboard and mouse.

The game autosaves everytime you dock. I think it saves also at set timed intervals as well.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I'm also a bit less than excited. I understand the dying a lot part, but am I to understand that there isn't a place in the Texas system to sell contraband? I keep ending up with some and getting beaten up by the police. Should I just be jettisoning it right away?

Also I had my first of what I hope won't happen again lockups of the game. I alt-tabbed out but couldn't get control of the cursor so I had to re-boot. And I lost some progress of course :evil:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:05 am Forum effect got me too, and I'm kinda wishing it hadn't. I'm finding myself mostly annoyed with it, as I'm apparently terrible at, well, everything. My biggest question is when the hell does the game auto-save?
When you enter/leave a space station.
Skinypupy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:05 am I picked up a side mission of taking care of some pirates. I blew them all up and got a message that mission was complete. However, I picked up one of the pirate pilots with my tractor beam after the battle, and that's apparently a no-no...as I got scanned on my way back to the next station and promptly blown to shit by the cops when trying to dock. It re-loaded me clear back before the battle with the pirates.
There are two ways to pick up ejected pilots, rescue and enslave. You enslaved which made it contraband which got you in trouble. I would skip contraband until you have a cargo extension with a hidey hole.
Skinypupy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:05 amI grabbed a low-risk mission to clear out mines for something like 1,500 credits. It said the route was clear. Got ambushed the moment I got there, and - you guessed it - was promptly blown to shit. At least this time I saw the "you may be outclassed" message, so...progress?
Sometimes you are just screwed.
Skinypupy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:05 amI'm obviously missing something important, as nearly every battle I enter destroys me in about 30 seconds. I'm auto-following, shooting at them, firing missiles, and even destroying a few enemy ships, but I always seem to get overwhelmed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
What ships are destroying you? Like ship names. Tell us that and we can tell you how much you suck. :twisted: Jackrabbits should be super easy even at the start. There is a progression from there.

There's a reason I am playing No Man's Sky and not this game I was so excited for. The save system is high on the list.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I may just be lucky but I haven't found it too difficult so far. I avoid high risk areas and distress signals like the plague though.

First thing I did was upgrade my weapon so I stand a fighting chance, then shields. I'm just running low to average risk missions with the occasional foray into the storyline.

I'm enjoying it, but I can see where it could get a little repetitive.
morlac

Post by morlac »

The save system is my biggest complaint so far. It is only save on exit or autosave when you dock. I could live with that if it used mutliple slots in a logical way.

Begineer money making tips...

---delivery missions till you upgrade ship.
supplement with trading. Find lowest price vs market sell average. Always check commidities at every station. Even only buying 1 or 2 items can double or triple profits on a same system delivery run. Gold and pure water were good ones in starter zone. Once you get jump drive more exotic/higher profit item emerge. Second jump i found alien bodies(iirc) that i made 8 grand profit on just 3 of them.

---defend missions pay well and are usually easy. The pirates attack the minors until you engage them so you can usually peel off one at a time. Also, you usually get helped by locals. I think on one i only actually killed 3 out of the 8 pirates but got full credit.

---tractor beam for the win. Get it early. Not worth killing ships until you get it. Ditch the contraband ror early going. Still random stuff non contrabanded that usually sells for good cash. Rare art drop sold for 6 k last night.

Random stuff...

There is momentum in space! Holding down the decelerate button (b) will stop acceleration but not slow you down. I use this all the time in combat. Combining with after bunners can make for some pretty good defensive manuevers. I also use it to keep momntuem forward but quickly 180ing my ship to fire at whos chasing me. Id suggest fiddiling with it out of combat until you get it down. It really opened up a whole bunch of tactics.

I am becoming unbeatable in pool already!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:43 am I would skip contraband until you have a cargo extension with a hidey hole.
Thanks, that's good info!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Don't know if anyone would care about this, but the devs posted this info on their site, Launching Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Without EGS
For a variety of reasons, you may want to run Rebel Galaxy Outlaw without the Epic Game Store. We’ve got instructions on how to do so in an easy-to-follow visual format!
Enlarge Image click to enlarge
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Anyone post this yet? Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Tip Sheet from the developers, in PDF format.
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

For you folks struggling at the beginning, mining is one of the fastest moneymakers in the early game. Lucrative enough that it wouldn't be surprising if they nerf it. You need to invest in a mining scanner and laser, but you'll make that money back pretty quick once you get going. You head to a mining point of interest (I think they're initially empty green circles on the map), do the scan command, then head to an asteroid to shoot at glowy grid spots. The asteroids with higher quality drops will have a different icon on the radar, and I think they look smaller and more metallic in person.
jztemple2 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 1:43 pmDon't know if anyone would care about [launching the game without the Epic Store]
I think you can also just create a desktop shortcut from the Epic Store and use that to launch the game. I think you're SOL for patches, though. They're only pushing out patches via the Epic Store, and so far they've been putting out a new patch almost every day.
jztemple2 wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:54 am I'm also a bit less than excited. I understand the dying a lot part, but am I to understand that there isn't a place in the Texas system to sell contraband? I keep ending up with some and getting beaten up by the police. Should I just be jettisoning it right away?
You'll need a jump drive, but at the start the closest place to sell contraband is in the Rockfarming system. If you find yourself up north, there's also a black market in Medicine Hat. The smuggler's holds are definitely useful when you want to start trading contraband, but if you're relatively quick you can also just jettison your contraband right as soon as the police say they're going to scan you.
Skinypupy wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 12:05 am I'm obviously missing something important, as nearly every battle I enter destroys me in about 30 seconds. I'm auto-following, shooting at them, firing missiles, and even destroying a few enemy ships, but I always seem to get overwhelmed. Not sure what I'm doing wrong.
They just nerfed enemy missile damage, so if you haven't booted up the game since that patch it might be worth seeing if that helps.

Aside from that, I highly recommend mapping the "dump power to shields" command to something easily accessible. If you have some power (used for weapons) available, you can often completely top off a depleted shield.

You also might want to make a beeline along the main storyline to get to where you have a 'buddy' you can call in for help. He's not a constant companion like in the first Rebel Galaxy, but he shows up fairly quickly when you ask him to.
Daehawk wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:50 pm Every video I see makes me wonder why it has such a complicated crosshair. Why cant it just be simple? Most times in these videos I cant even see the target they are shooting at for the crosshair blocking the view.
It's a silhouette of your ship, but yeah I agree it's a bit overkill. I wouldn't mind an option for a simpler crosshair, or at least an option to reduce the opacity of the ship outline.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

wonderpug wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 6:49 pm For you folks struggling at the beginning, mining is one of the fastest moneymakers in the early game. Lucrative enough that it wouldn't be surprising if they nerf it. You need to invest in a mining scanner and laser, but you'll make that money back pretty quick once you get going. You head to a mining point of interest (I think they're initially empty green circles on the map), do the scan command, then head to an asteroid to shoot at glowy grid spots. The asteroids with higher quality drops will have a different icon on the radar, and I think they look smaller and more metallic in person.
Sheesh, I think that it was the asteroid mining that finally drove me away from Elite: Dangerous. Or was it Space Engineers? Or Oxygen Not Included? :lol: Heck, I'll give it a try.

By the way, that Rebel Galaxy Outlaw Tip Sheet from the developers, in PDF format really had some useful info it in. I guess I retain more from reading than from watching videos.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I tried asteroid mining and it was dull, so I sold my mining laser :roll:

I have recently upgraded to the Sonora and I'm having a lot of fun with the game. I finally "got it", how to do combat better. I'm using Targeting Mode to pick out the better enemies to attack, which are not necessarily the closest ones. If there are groups of enemies going after a convoy, I try to start by picking off the outliers and working my way in. No point in risking my hide till the bad guys are ground down a bit.

I've been playing mostly as a good guy, which is sort of my default when playing these games that let you explore both the light and the dark side. However, that hasn't stopped me from "requesting" a donation from a friendly freighter, for services rendered :D

I finally got a blue star after the umpteenth time I helped out the police defending against bad guys. I used it up pilfering a convoy :D. Still, mostly I'm on the side of the angels.

Getting that Sonora was a bit of a milestone for me. When I was playing Elite: Dangerous I felt like I was grinding just to get enough credits to upgrade to a new ship and it wasn't fun. In this game I'm doing several different activities which got me the dough while having a good time.

I wish this game was on Steam so I could be posting some screenshots :cry:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

New patch released
A new patch arrives to start off a fresh week of Rebel Galaxy Outlaw, touching upon a variety of gameplay and game control aspects. This patch is 60MB providing your game was previously up to date. Need help with an issue? Check our Support Page for common answers, or pop by our Discord for more intense troubleshooting.

INTERFACE:
*If mouse cursor is inverted, vertical display is inverted as well
*Mouse cursor opacity in reticle display modes is now an adjustable setting
*Map panning movement sped up

CONTROLS:
*F3 and F4 screenshots keys are now exposed as bindable if you’d like to move them. Cuz some of you do!

GAMEPLAY:
*You can now choose to temporarily ignore distress signals from the command menu if you’ve got a long haul ahead of you. (Command menu control can be rebound)
*When interrupted by hostiles or arriving at a hostile mission, you approach 3k further out to give you more reaction time

MISSION FIXES:
*Failing Life On Mars won’t result in double Marla/Satchel buddy missions

BALANCE:
*Gauss Gun: lowered energy costs by 6.5%
*Photon Cannon: lowered energy costs by 10%
*Plasma Launcher: raised shield damage 14%
*Tachyon Laser: damage raised 10%
*Trion Accelerator: very slightly more accurate
*Reduced max spawn difficulty on Minor Threat missions
*Reduced max spawn difficulty of some early patrol missions
*Pirate population reduced 15% in Texas.

MISC:
*Dante, Blacknight, & Virian Black Markets are back online after a police raid temporarily shut them down.

ART:
*Minor tweaks to Sandhawk/BloodEagle models
*Minor tweak to Coyote model
*Platypus AO map no longer includes stripe information
*Fixed a character placement on Joplin concourse

FUN:
*New police decal sheet for all your painting needs.
*New figurine available in pirate stations. Best part of the patch.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

*Dante, Blacknight, & Virian Black Markets are back online after a police raid temporarily shut them down.
Reminds me of patch notes of days gone by.
*New figurine available in pirate stations. Best part of the patch.
LOL
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 1:01 amIf there are groups of enemies going after a convoy, I try to start by picking off the outliers and working my way in. No point in risking my hide till the bad guys are ground down a bit.
FYI: If a ship you're trying to protect is dying too fast, taunting the enemy ship seems to work for drawing their attention.