Fallout 4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

dbt1949

Re: Fallout 4

Post by dbt1949 »

I found a couple of places loaded with cats. One had like two dozen, the other just a half dozen.
No more.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:58 am The question I am going to face, having finished Inquisition fairly recently - am I ready to dive into another long RPG so soon? Should I play an RPG palate cleanser like Halo 4 instead? Or maybe finally dig into something like an action RPG like Shadows of Mordor?
I have my answer. I finished the main story of Inquisition yesterday and started Fallout 4 last night. Will I be able to finish the DA:I DLC? We'll see. I'm definitely skipping the Deep Roads one.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Wow, that was a speedy reply.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Sepiche wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:43 am Ha. According to Reddit, this is a list of almost 1000 player names that a certain character will actually call you by if you use one of them.
http://hastebin.com/raw/gemajulugi

And as weird as it is my first name isn't on there, but my fairly obscure last name is... wtf? :P
That's pretty cool. I thought I heard the certain character use my name, but it isn't on the list.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Alefroth wrote: Sun May 05, 2019 5:52 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2015 10:58 am The question I am going to face, having finished Inquisition fairly recently - am I ready to dive into another long RPG so soon? Should I play an RPG palate cleanser like Halo 4 instead? Or maybe finally dig into something like an action RPG like Shadows of Mordor?
I have my answer. I finished the main story of Inquisition yesterday and started Fallout 4 last night. Will I be able to finish the DA:I DLC? We'll see. I'm definitely skipping the Deep Roads one.
Back when I finished Inquisition...I think Oct or Nov least year 2018.....I could not afford the DLCs for it but wanted to continue it . My wife got me the Origin Access deal for $5 or so. I thought I would have access to the DLCs with it but nope. I needed a higher tier....which I couldn't afford. So I played Andromeda instead. Finished it up in Dec. Doubt Ill ever play the DLCs now.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Fallout 4 wouldn't play on my new pc.
I ended up playing it in windowed mode and modified my Pref.ini to make the window to fit my pc.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

God help me, I just started another game of Fallout 4...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Go with God my son.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

hentzau wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 3:42 pm God help me, I just started another game of Fallout 4...
:lol:

I was just casually mulling the idea over myself...

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I've gotten deep into Fallout: Wasteland Warfare and the itch was just too strong.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Scrub scrub scrub
Last edited by NickAragua on Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:42 pm
Did you want the Battletech thread?

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

TheMix wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:43 pm
Thanks. Copy + paste killed me pretty good.

That being said, I've got a playthrough of Fallout 4 that's been put on pause since there's so many freaking places to go. I was able to explore the entirety of the Capital Wasteland in Fallout 3, and all of the area surrounding Vegas but I'm not sure I can handle Boston. Even though it's nice to visit your own home. An irradiated, ruined version of it, sure. But still.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive thought about FO4 for a couple months but when I got it I played it totally so cant get up the energy to bother again.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

I left myself in that tower defense like computer game inside the you-know-what in Far Harbor for a couple of years now. Think about going back every now and then but haven't yet.
-mf
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:40 am I left myself in that tower defense like computer game inside the you-know-what in Far Harbor for a couple of years now. Think about going back every now and then but haven't yet.
I found a cheat script on Nexus that gives you the pertinent quest items and advances the quest properly. Life is too short to deal with that BS puzzle.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:49 pm
TheMix wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:43 pm
Thanks. Copy + paste killed me pretty good.

That being said, I've got a playthrough of Fallout 4 that's been put on pause since there's so many freaking places to go. I was able to explore the entirety of the Capital Wasteland in Fallout 3, and all of the area surrounding Vegas but I'm not sure I can handle Boston. Even though it's nice to visit your own home. An irradiated, ruined version of it, sure. But still.
Unfortunately the southern border of the map is about 5 miles north of my house, so I couldn't look for its ruins. Other than that I enjoyed exploring familiar surroundings.

Would I play it again? Maybe someday. It's still installed and modded. Might be fun to try a different character and side with someone other than the Institute.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I went all Brotherhood. Might do Institute next time. Just in my play through I ran into them WAaaaaaaaaY far into the game more near the end. So Id gotten to know all the other factions first and done most of the Brotherhood stuff before even going there.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I started off going with the Brotherhood my first few go arounds but then I realized what asses they were and never again. I also found ways to get better equipment so that had something to do with it. Of course all the factions have their bad points.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Yeah, the BoS are a bunch of genocidal zealots, the Institute is full of a bunch of amoral pricks, and the Minuteman aren’t really fleshed out enough for me to feel like they’re a real faction, in spite of them being the first group with whom you interact. I tend to go with the Underground.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

I work 10-14 hours a week polishing propaganda for MIT. Wife spends 40 hours writing/managing public relations for one department. The Institute is our people. They're the good guys...really, they're all starry-eyed about humanity. At least, that's what our propaganda says. May I offer you some Kool-aid?
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 6:13 pm
MonkeyFinger wrote: Sat Sep 14, 2019 10:40 am I left myself in that tower defense like computer game inside the you-know-what in Far Harbor for a couple of years now. Think about going back every now and then but haven't yet.
I found a cheat script on Nexus that gives you the pertinent quest items and advances the quest properly. Life is too short to deal with that BS puzzle.
PS4. :(
-mf
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

That's exactly where I quit playing also. I'll have to look for that cheat.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

They have a built in game console for cheating.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, but the commands to advance through quests tend to be convoluted, at least unless you want to jump straight to the end. They can also carry risks, like if you're supposed to find an item during the quest that is vital later. The SetStage command will let you skip to the end of it, but won't give you the item. Or if you're supposed to get teleported out of a special quest location before the end, you can find yourself trapped.

If someone's figured it all out for you, go with it.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Blackhawk wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 5:30 pm Yeah, but the commands to advance through quests tend to be convoluted, at least unless you want to jump straight to the end. They can also carry risks, like if you're supposed to find an item during the quest that is vital later. The SetStage command will let you skip to the end of it, but won't give you the item. Or if you're supposed to get teleported out of a special quest location before the end, you can find yourself trapped.

If someone's figured it all out for you, go with it.
It is a multistage quest with non-physical quest objects needed to continue. Here’s a [mod=https://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14077]link[/mod] to the mod, should you want it. Just put the txt file in your main Fallout 4 directory, and in the game console type “bat <filename>.”
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I really shouldn't be playing this again. I should be painting up my ghouls or some more super mutants. Or working on some more terrain. But no, I'm out there setting up more settlements.

I think I'm going to try for the harmonious ending. I must admit, the ending on my first play through was a bit unsatisfying for a guy that just wants everyone to get along...
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm not there yet. The last run was too recent. One of these days I'll go back and a play it as an ex-military badass with an ends-justifies-the-means attitude. It'll give me justification for the elements of the game I always ignored or chose against before (Brotherhood, Institute, heavy weapons, etc.)
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Z-Corn wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:14 pm
I used a walkthru, which still took a long time and wasn't fun, but I literally never would've completed that level without it. I don't like puzzles and am not good at them, and that one is too clever by half.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

When either FO4 or Skyrim puzzles gets too much I use walkthrus and console codes.
Has anybody ever gathered all the Star Controllers in Nukaworld without looking them up?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Kraken wrote: Tue Sep 17, 2019 8:52 pm
Z-Corn wrote: Sun Sep 15, 2019 2:14 pm
I used a walkthru, which still took a long time and wasn't fun, but I literally never would've completed that level without it. I don't like puzzles and am not good at them, and that one is too clever by half.
IF I get all nostalgic because of this thread and I go back, I'll have to dig up a walkthrough for that last damn memory puzzle.The cheat I found apparently has issues but the kicker is it sounded like it needs to be used before you start that sequence. :grund: Ah well.
-mf
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I'm barely through Sanctuary and joined the Brotherhood (for now).
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Got a quest from Scribe Haylen to get a Haptic Drive from Rayburn Point. Didn't realize that was a Far Habor location (yes, it's a bug). Decided to use console to bypass that quest. Actually went to the map's edge before realizing something's not kosher.

Found a couple interesting locations, like the general atomics gallery, the toxic yard (not actual name), and more, but didn't do deep exploration.

I have a mod loaded so I can have Dogmeat AND a companion, and the first guy I can recruit was Preston Garvey. The mod also gave him two unique weapons and I had to go back to the Museum of Freedom to get it for him (One's inside the ticket booth and the other is on a table in the floor just before the roof)

Cleared out the ghouls and radroaches from a lakeside location. Dealt with the raiders that were bothering Tenpine Bluffs (sp?) but somehow a different set of raiders kidnapped one of the farmers. Had to go south of the river into "Fenn" (?) to deal with them, with Garvey and Dogmeat in tow. I can usually one-shot raiders and whatnot I come across, so any damage I suffer is due to mobs, and that just doesn't happen with Garvey and Dogmeat around.

I now have like 3-4 locations ready for habitation, but I found Tenpine impossible to defend (it's on a hill, but no fencing or anything. Wonder if I can order them to move to Sanctuary? And do I REALLY want to build those beacons to call in more inhabitants... and possibly attract attacks? Or should I just skip the town building things?
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I personally found the settlement thing annoying and pointless, so I just did the bare minimum to get the non-repeating quests cleared out then moved on to wandering through the wasteland with my dog.

Then I made the mistake of going into Nuka-World and that's where my last playthrough bogged down.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I got tired of Garvey annoying me and took to shooting him for fun.
Buatha

Post by Buatha »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:03 pm Then I made the mistake of going into Nuka-World and that's where my last playthrough bogged down.
I plan on simply killing all of the raiders as that is an option in Nuka World.
"Some people say never...I just say no"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

On my last playthrough I built up a few settlements that looked like they'd be fun to work with (the one in the alley, Starlight Drive-In, the Castle, and one out on the plains somewhere that has the vertical structure in the middle. The rest I set up with a sort of 'cookie cutter' defense build that took maybe 20 minutes each, set a few traders on routes, and otherwise ignored them. I did have a mod that added real attacks on the settlements, but the ones I built up were more about the creative aspect, about figuring out how to use the tools available (including mods) to create thematic, functional bases. The one on the plains was an elaborate, towering trade center inspired by Bartertown. The Castle was a hardened military fort. The drive-in was my 'everything' home base.

/edit - Pictures of a couple of them.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I think I set up about 12 settlements. Never again. Those I set up were good though. But being a arrow key user meant building anything was a PAIN. Anyways the first 5 or so I really learned from so by the time I set up the last ones I found where raiders spawned and came from and concentrated the guns there as the attacks always came from one single place over and over.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

NickAragua wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:03 pm I personally found the settlement thing annoying and pointless, so I just did the bare minimum to get the non-repeating quests cleared out then moved on to wandering through the wasteland with my dog.
Same.
-mf
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

MonkeyFinger wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 4:21 pm
NickAragua wrote: Fri Nov 22, 2019 12:03 pm I personally found the settlement thing annoying and pointless, so I just did the bare minimum to get the non-repeating quests cleared out then moved on to wandering through the wasteland with my dog.
Same.
Yup. Don't like building or crafting. I might tolerate it if the interface were better. Building feels like you're using an internal dev tool from 2004.