Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 10/4/2019

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 10/4/2019

Post by Isgrimnur »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:39 am I sure like my headshots :D
:naughty:

It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 6:37 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:39 am I sure like my headshots :D
:naughty:
Holy crap, 80% :shock: I feel humbled.

Must...try....harder....
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Hey, what difficulty level you guys playing at? I'm doing Normal, which most folks would probably find too easy, but I'm not really interested in too hard a fight.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'm playing on normal as well.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ditto, iirc.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I played a couple more hours last night, still knocking out Faction Missions. I had one that wanted me to destroy a big drone on the ground in the center of a warehouse complex. I figured I could shoot a rocket from a distance away, but there was a civilian right next to it and I'm warned not to injure civilians. Now when I'd be blowing up a truck that had a civilian next to it, I'd drive the truck off a little way, but I can't do that with a grounded drone the size of a Cessna.

So I cleared out the complex of bad guys and went to the drone. The civilian is crouched right next to it. And I don't get any kind of button highlight that shows I can talk to him or move him or even scare him, although he is already pretty scared since I killed a soldier right next to him. I tried shooting a couple of rounds into the ground next to him but he just cowers more :doh: . So I ended up using my character to push his character. This isn't easy as the collision blocks (is that what they are called?) between us are very small and it's easy to just slide right by :roll: . It takes a couple of minutes but eventually I pushed him behind a container and blew up the drone with C4.

Maybe next time I'll try using a truck to push the drone...
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I shot the drone until it exploded. It killed the scientist and I didn't get the warning that I do when I accidentally run over a civvie.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 9:31 am I shot the drone until it exploded. It killed the scientist and I didn't get the warning that I do when I accidentally run over a civvie.
That's good to know. I thought I might have to replay the entire base assault.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Up till now I've been periodically buying a new set of weapons (ASR, SMG, etc) through the blueprints so I have the same model but with the highest gear level. And those I've upgraded to Mk 2. Today I'm just going to use whatever I've picked up that got the best gear level. And while pursuing the Faction Missions in Mount Hodgson I'm going to do them in daylight. While I might be stealthier at night, things are prettier during the day :D
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I have stuck to ASRs and sniper/DM rifles almost exclusively.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Bought a shotgun just for variety but I'm doing most of my killing from a distance with a sniper rifle. Really early in the game on normal difficulty but the run of the mill wolves are pretty meh. At least their deaths are contributing to some stat.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Headshots are the great equalizer.
Gryndyl

Post by Gryndyl »

Anyone have some rule of thumb tips for estimating bullet drop for long range snipes? My experience is that they only start to drop at 250m and I assume that all those little lines in my scope have something to do with range but I don't know what distances they're supposed to be indicating.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've run into a problem I've seen mentioned already on the Ubisoft GRB forum. At this point in the game (30+ hours) I can't upgrade some weapons because I can't get hold of any Standard Weapon Parts, those are the ones that come from non-blue, pink, green or yellow weapons. I'm not picking up any more of those weapons, so I can't disassemble them for standard parts. I'm surprised this never got spotted or fixed in alpha.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Gryndyl wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:42 pm Anyone have some rule of thumb tips for estimating bullet drop for long range snipes? My experience is that they only start to drop at 250m and I assume that all those little lines in my scope have something to do with range but I don't know what distances they're supposed to be indicating.
For DMR rifles I've found that the default scopes usually work out to 200 meters range at first crosshatch of drop. Best thing to do is find a nice flat wall or building and shoot at it, the bullet splashes will show, or at least the flash of impact. The fancy expensive scopes don't have any drop, they have built in rangefinders. Also the SNR rifles don't seem to have any drop either, but that might be because they start off with better scopes. I'd keep a scratch pad listing of each rifle/scope combo and the drop at the first vertical mark. You'll really only need to keep in your inventory one fancy SNR rifle with a fancy scope for the really long shots. Just don't dissemble it!

I've brought my sniper class up to 9 so I've been pretty much not bothering with really long shots. I'm more focused on my other classes now which require me to use ASR and SMG :roll: for scoring.
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

This game is a bit of a buggy mess on my PS4. Drone lost the ability to mark enemies, weapon selection locked up and I couldn’t shoot anything, couldn’t go prone, and a few other things. When it’s working it’s a fun game but I hope they fix things soon.
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I’ve had a drone marking issue on PC as well.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I bagged my first Behemoth today.

Enlarge Image

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:43 pm I bagged my first Behemoth today.

Enlarge Image
:dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Did it yield lots of goodies?
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Max Peck wrote:I bagged my first Behemoth today.

Enlarge Image
Haven't gone up against one yet. How did you kill it?
Black lives matter!

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:34 pm Haven't gone up against one yet. How did you kill it?
I used the Panther anti-drone cloaking spray to sneak past it to the tower it was guarding, looted the chests then used the tower as cover while I engaged the Behemoth. As long as you keep an eye open for it's AoE barrages and dodge out the way, and just pop up to fire at it from behind cover so that you don't take too much damage, it's not that difficult. Just bring lots of ammo and remember to aim at the glowing parts, just like any other drone.

$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:38 pm
$iljanus wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:34 pm Haven't gone up against one yet. How did you kill it?
I used the Panther anti-drone cloaking spray to sneak past it to the tower it was guarding, looted the chests then used the tower as cover while I engaged the Behemoth. As long as you keep an eye open for it's AoE barrages and dodge out the way, and just pop up to fire at it from behind cover so that you don't take too much damage, it's not that difficult. Just bring lots of ammo and remember to aim at the glowing parts, just like any other drone.
Thanks. It’s early levels for me at the moment but eventually I’ll take a crack at one.
Black lives matter!

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

jztemple2 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:45 pm I've run into a problem I've seen mentioned already on the Ubisoft GRB forum. At this point in the game (30+ hours) I can't upgrade some weapons because I can't get hold of any Standard Weapon Parts, those are the ones that come from non-blue, pink, green or yellow weapons. I'm not picking up any more of those weapons, so I can't disassemble them for standard parts. I'm surprised this never got spotted or fixed in alpha.
There's a chance for drones to drop standard (or higher level) weapon parts.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:46 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Wed Oct 09, 2019 3:45 pm I've run into a problem I've seen mentioned already on the Ubisoft GRB forum. At this point in the game (30+ hours) I can't upgrade some weapons because I can't get hold of any Standard Weapon Parts, those are the ones that come from non-blue, pink, green or yellow weapons. I'm not picking up any more of those weapons, so I can't disassemble them for standard parts. I'm surprised this never got spotted or fixed in alpha.
Yup, but sadly not very often or many. I hope they patch the game so that you can use higher level parts, I have lots of those.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I reached about 42 hours into the game and have gotten burned out on doing Faction Missions. Each day they are about ten or so, but only a couple pay out +100 battle reward points, most are just +15 and to go up a tier requires (right now) 145 points. I felt like I was grinding a lot. So I've switched back to main missions and side missions. Also I have my sharpshooter and medic classes at nine, the other two at eight, and I'm working on getting my sharpshooter to level ten. Biggest challenge was getting a kill at over 400 meters, but I got one at just under 500 meters. And then it was getting two headshots at over 250 meters but I got those too. So now I'm just chasing down Jay Skell and looking for a couple dozen more SNR or DMR kills to get to level ten.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

You can hit the daily cap on battle points by doing the pair of 100-point missions and all 4 50-point missions. The 15-point faction support missions are superfluous for advancing through the battle tiers. There is a cool-looking weapon (M4A1 Tactical) at Tier 47, so I've been knocking out 400 points a day to stay on track to get it.
jztemple2 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:13 pm
Max Peck wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:46 pm
Yup, but sadly not very often or many. I hope they patch the game so that you can use higher level parts, I have lots of those.
The later-game scarcity of standard weapon parts might not be an oversight after all.
Enlarge Image
I mean, it might be pure coincidence that you can spend money to buy standard weapon parts while standard weapons stop dropping as you gear up, but...

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:41 pm You can hit the daily cap on battle points by doing the pair of 100-point missions and all 4 50-point missions. The 15-point faction support missions are superfluous for advancing through the battle tiers. There is a cool-looking weapon (M4A1 Tactical) at Tier 47, so I've been knocking out 400 points a day to stay on track to get it.
Hmm, I didn't really check out the point differences except for the 100-point missions. I'll have to check for those 50-point ones. Thanks for "pointing" this out :D
Max Peck wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:41 pm The later-game scarcity of standard weapon parts might not be an oversight after all.
Enlarge Image
I mean, it might be pure coincidence that you can spend money to buy standard weapon parts while standard weapons stop dropping as you gear up, but...
Ubisoft wouldn't be trying to monetize upgrades, would they? :roll:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:41 pm You can hit the daily cap on battle points by doing the pair of 100-point missions and all 4 50-point missions. The 15-point faction support missions are superfluous for advancing through the battle tiers. There is a cool-looking weapon (M4A1 Tactical) at Tier 47, so I've been knocking out 400 points a day to stay on track to get it.
Do you use the Guided Mode on or off? I'm trying to keep it off and it makes the higher point value Faction Missions tougher as I have to go look around for the next clue.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

jztemple2 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:16 pm
Do you use the Guided Mode on or off? I'm trying to keep it off and it makes the higher point value Faction Missions tougher as I have to go look around for the next clue.
I switched it off right from the start. Are you talking about the missions that start with an intelligence gathering step before you know the location of the target?

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:40 am
jztemple2 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:16 pm
I switched it off right from the start. Are you talking about the missions that start with an intelligence gathering step before you know the location of the target?
Yup, those. I played one last night which said, essentially, go to the province and ask someone :roll:. Not a big deal, but I figured if you were trying to get 400 Battle Rewards points a day you might not want to be going around ringing doorbells and shooting people in the legs :D

I did get enough points to get a Battle Reward last night and then proceeded to try for another, but after a couple of long missions I ended up 16 points short with only 15 point missions left :evil:. It was late so I quit for the night.

I think I'm drawn to the Faction Missions because I feel like I'm getting some tangible reward in contrast to the side missions where I only get some cash or yet another gun.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

But I like shooting officers in the legs...

Probably the most annoying ones for me are the Outcast missions that require you to steal a supply truck of some sort and drive it to a safe house. I didn't sign up to be an MSE Op.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I cleared Howard Airfield, beating the Behemoth there, but only after dying twice :grund: and then switching to Arcade difficulty. And then dying one more time :roll:. The Behemoth was a pain in the butt, the only saving grace was that I had a building to hide in and the Behemoth was stuck behind a fence and so couldn't get too close. I did several rounds of popping up, shooting a few times then running downstairs to avoid the rockets.

I also killed off Walker, again in Arcade because it was a cheesy boss fight :grund:. At least I don't have to deal with that nonsense again. I might take a break :coffee:, or go back to Faction Missions, or do side missions, or do a write-up on the silly things that could be done much better in the game. Really, do I have to keep disassembling things to keep under the 300 unit weight limit? And do them one by one? Couldn't I just specify some gear level and disassemble everything below it at one time?

Also I have my Sharpshooter class at ten and the other three at nine, but damn it's a pain to get those last few conditions. I hope the promised engineer class arrives soon and it includes some interesting conditions that don't involving killing in a bunch of different ways.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The Behemoth at Howard Field was easier than usual. I sniped it from one of the guard towers until it was so badly damaged that it hid on the far side of a building and constantly launched rocket barrages at me, then I ran outside, skirted the buildings and obstacles until I was adjacent to it, poked my nose around a barracade and shot it in it's butt until it exploded.

I'm still trying to figure out how to beat Walker, so I haven't capitulated and done it on arcade mode just yet. I'm tempted though...

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

And it's done. All it took was a lot of bullets, a minefield, some grenades and a little bit of chemical warfare.

Enlarge Image

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:50 pm And it's done. All it took was a lot of bullets, a minefield, some grenades and a little bit of chemical warfare.

Enlarge Image
Congrats! It was a pain, wasn't it?

I've done another main mission and found Jace Skell. I'm now doing some side missions. I'm kinda frustrated however. I have one last condition on the Assault class to fulfill to reach level 10 and that is to kill six enemies while the TRUE GRIT technique is active. It seems to be active for only a few seconds at a time and so I'm still trying to find six accommodating enemies who will line up and let me blast time. It's infuriating because several times in the past twenty hours or so of playing I've several times come across a squad of eight soldiers just meandering along the side of the road. Now they are nowhere to be seen :roll:
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Yeah, it was a royal pain -- as the devs explicitly admit by ending it with "You managed to kill Walker" instead of just "You killed Walker." :lol:

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Update being released today: title update 1.2 patch notes
Ghosts,

This is just the beginning of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint, and we’re incredibly grateful you’ve decided to go on this journey to Auroa with us.

We’ve seen a lot of feedback on the features and systems of the game and we are committed to improving your experience. Our immediate focus is providing bug fixes for more stability and continuing to improve the experience.

Our next patch, Title Update 1.0.2, will be deployed on all platforms on October 15. In this Title Update, we’ve been able to identify and fix issues using player feedback and from data we’ve been gathering since launch. We can’t thank you enough for the time and passion you’ve put not only into the game but also into sharing your experiences with us.

Take a look at the patch notes below for the first round of adjustments, improvements, and fixes.

DOWNLOAD TIME AND SIZES
Please note: whether you purchased a digital or a physical edition of the game, you will need to download the patch before playing.

The size of the patch depends on your platform, the region, and your preferred language.

Xbox One 7.5 GB, PlayStation® 4 System 10.6 GB, Uplay PC and Epic Game Store 5.4 GB

PATCH NOTES
GENERAL:
Various tweaks made to the cover system.
Improvements made to various visual elements and vehicle physics.
Time to mark enemies has been reduced.
Tweaked distance at which enemies will be able to spawn around camps.
Adjustments made to the reverted drone and binoculars controls to fit the behavior fromTom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands.
Fixed an issue where the player would get detected while stealth swimming.
Fixed a spawn issue occurring after fast traveling.
Fixed behemoth detection cones.
Fixed a bug where the sharpshooter skill wouldn't penetrate helmets.
Adjustments made to dirt accumulation on weapons.
Various fixes on mission triggers affecting mission progression.

CO-OP:
Rebalanced player level in group.
Fixed various matchmaking and co-op joining issues.
Fixed a bug where co-op partners wouldn't respawn close to each other.
Fixed a bug where co-op partners' gear would appear with an incorrect level.
Fixed a bug where players couldn’t initiate vote to retry a mission.
Fixed a bug where the squad leader would join the lobby alone after finishing a session.
Fixed a bug where players’ information wouldn’t display for co-op partners.

PvP:
Adjustments made to the aim assist balance.
Feedback has been added on the screen when matchmaking is initiated.
Added an input to give leadership to another player.
Fixed various matchmaking issues.
Fixed a bug where milestones wouldn't appear in the game when pinned.
Fixed a bug where the time spent would not grant XP bonus at the end of the month.
Fixed a bug where the missions tab appeared empty in matchmaking.
Corrected zones where the player could get stuck on Skell Port.
Corrected milestones conditions for assault certification.
Fixed a bug where players could sprint while injured using the revivalist perk.
Fixed the transition time counter between rounds.
Fixed a bug where the number of planted bombs wouldn't increment.
Fixed a bug where the end-of-game timer wouldn't appear before the next session.
Fixed a bug where the rocket launcher wouldn’t appear on the tacmap for the enemy team.
Adjustments made to the apparition rate of night conditions.

CLASS, ITEMS, AND LOOT:
Various tweaks made to the loot system.
Drones will drop even more parts. 80% of the time, players will get 5x standard parts or 3x improved parts.
Improvements made to weapon descriptions to better match their authentic characteristics.
Ghillie top have been added to the loot pool.
Fixed various customization bugs.

UI/UX:
Fixed several UI issues in menus.

GENERAL BUG FIXES:
Fixed various animation, body-carry, and camera glitches.
Improvements and fixes made to various photo mode settings.
Fixed various mission triggers affecting mission progression.
Fixed unlocking conditions for various achievements and rewards.
Fixed a bug where players could get stuck when crouching near a vehicle.
Fixed a bug where Nomad would remain injured after deploying to the hideout.
Fixed a bug where holding breath would affect scope visibility.
Fixed a bug where the player wouldn't get a mission fail prompt when redeployed to a bivouac.
Fixed a bug where enemies couldn't be marked while using the sync shot drone.
Fixed a bug where marking enemies with a drone wouldn't increment the class challenges.
Fixed various bugs where players would lose control of their character or get stuck on the item wheel.
Fixed a bug where AI snipers wouldn't reset to their original positions when camps are on cool down.
Fixed an issue where NPC would take time to spawn in Erewhon.
PC Fixed some occurrences where players would get FPS drops.
PC Fixed a bug where players couldn't accept invitations through discord.

We will continue to make improvements to the game, so if you have feedback, suggestions, or thoughts, stop by the forums to share them with us.

Our next update to the game, Title Update 1.0.3, will be available in a couple of weeks. We’ll have more details on that to share with you soon!
Stay frosty, Ghosts.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

My 13yo still asks me about this game on an almost daily basis. I keep telling him we'll play when there is a (good) discount. I couldn't find any kind of pre-order discount. Having to buy two copies really makes me think harder about a purchase. I think I spent like $180 on BL3, but we are getting a LOT of play time out of that. We've been playing it non-stop for the better part of . amonth.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I found Skell last night.

The gear score mechanic just doesn't do it for me. It's looking l'll play it through this month on the UPlay sub and let it lapse.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 2:09 pm The gear score mechanic just doesn't do it for me. It's looking l'll play it through this month on the UPlay sub and let it lapse.
The gear mechanic is rather odd. I understand the need to get your level up for entering certain areas, but otherwise all enemies all increase their gear ratings whenever I do, so it seems nonsensical for me to constantly be swapping out weapons and gear.

If you are not going to continue with your Uplay+ account, remember you'll need to take positive action to cancel it. While in November I'm sure I'll be busy with Red Dead Redemption 2, I'll probably be going back periodically to Breakpoint because it's the kind of gameplay that appeals to me, so I'll be keeping my Uplay+ account.

From the patch notes:
Drones will drop even more parts. 80% of the time, players will get 5x standard parts or 3x improved parts.
That's nice to be able to get more standard parts, but I wish it was retroactive. I've come across agricultural drones in bunches and they all yielded loot, now I have to remember where they were :roll: