Fast Food Foofaraw

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Daehawk

Re: Fast Food Foofaraw

Post by Daehawk »

Sounds like an Adam Sandler song.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

For pity's sake why doesn't Taco Bell bring back the enchirito and smothered burrito?

Enchirito
Enlarge Image

Smothered Burrito
Enlarge Image
mori

Post by mori »

I wanted to be punished so I got some Taco Bell nacho fries with the Carolina Reaper cheese sauce. It had a very mild kick and totally not worth the calories because the nacho fries are disgusting. If you advertise hot, bring the fucking heat!
Holman

Post by Holman »

I haven't been to a fast-food chain (BK/Mcd/TB/Wendy's/etc) a dozen times in the past 25 years, but this weekend we were in Brooklyn prepping my in-laws' house for sale, and for some reason Burger King was calling to us.

I bought the new meatless Impossible Whopper, and... I actually liked it a lot.

It's true that I was very very hungry at the time (hence the quickest closest option), but I've had a lot of grocery-store meatless options over the years and this felt like a step closer to hamburger. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that it was flavored with some sort of protein chemistry because it tasted significantly more like beef than beans. The old standby Boca Burger definitely tastes less like a cow.

I'm not a vegan, so perhaps the cheese was what really made the difference?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

If you put a naked Impossible patty next to a meat patty you'd have no problem telling them apart, but when they're part of a sandwich they're almost indistinguishable.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Boca patties are nasty. Wife hated them. She loved only one brand and of those only one style..and I agree...Morningstar Farms Garden Veggie.

I was eating some canned processed food the other day and glanced at the label for fun...240 cal and of that 200 were fat cal. Also 34% of my cholesterol and 39% sodium . And a big old helping of sat fat too. ...if it was bad for me it was in there in good amounts. Tasted great though.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Potted meat food product is not a valid dietary choice. At least act like you’re trying and go for the Vienna sausages.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Have both. Both are 2 cans for $1. So I get them.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Aug 19, 2019 10:55 pm I was eating some canned processed food the other day and glanced at the label for fun...240 cal and of that 200 were fat cal. Also 34% of my cholesterol and 39% sodium . And a big old helping of sat fat too. ...if it was bad for me it was in there in good amounts. Tasted great though.
Buy a can of unsalted dark red kidney beans and mix it with your canned processed food to cut your fat and sodium by 50% per serving, even better mix in two cans of the kidney beans. :wink:

My particular choice of canned processed food is Campbell's Chunky Soup Chili Mac. :wink:
Enlarge Image
Daehawk wrote: Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:44 pm For pity's sake why doesn't Taco Bell bring back the enchirito and smothered burrito?

Enchirito
Enlarge Image
I think there's more "cheese" in that retro Taco Bell photo than my local Taco Bell serves to all customers combined in a day. LOL
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
If you thought the Popeyes chicken sandwich craze had reached its peak when the product sold out last week, think again.

On Monday, one customer became so enraged to find the hot item gone that he pulled a gun at a restaurant in Houston, police told local news stations.
Not everyone got the memo. Five adults with a baby headed to a Popeyes in Houston’s southeast at about 9 p.m. Monday to order chicken sandwiches at the drive-through, employees told ABC 13. Informed that item was unavailable, the group tried to enter the store, leaving the child in a car.

Staff were able to lock the group out, police told the news station, but a man in the group brandished a pistol and “demanded” the item that has generated massive buzz for the fast-food chain this month. A manager repeated that they were sold out, and the group eventually fled.
Lt. Larry Crowson of the Houston police said the man who pulled his gun could face aggravated assault charges because he was showing a weapon and threatening staff, ABC 13 reported. Authorities say the suspect is reported to have dreadlocks and face tattoos and was wearing a black shirt with red sleeves.

The suspect is not the only Popeyes customer said to have taken drastic action over the sandwich. One man in Tennessee went so far as to sue the company for $5,000 in connection with the product’s disappearance, alleging “false advertising” and “deceptive business practices,” NBC News reported last week.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Post-Gazette
The 17-year-old, who lives in the United Kingdom, first went to the doctor at age 14 complaining of tiredness, the Annals of Internal Medicine wrote in the study abstract. By the time his doctors discovered that nutrition was the probable cause, his vision was irrevocably damaged.

Though he was a self-described fussy eater, the teen was healthy in all other respects and wasn’t on any medication, said researchers at the University of Bristol in England. Tests showed he had a form of anemia and low vitamin B12 levels. After B12 injections and dietary advice, the doctor sent him home.

However, it did not end there. A year later the boy, who was then 15, had hearing loss and vision symptoms, but doctors couldn’t find a cause, the researchers said in a statement.

Two years after that, he was 17 and legally blind. That’s when they discovered a severe vitamin B12 deficiency, low copper and selenium levels, high zinc levels and “markedly reduced” vitamin D and bone mineral density, the researchers said.

He revealed that his diet consisted mainly of Pringles, french fries, white bread and occasionally some processed meats like ham and sausage.
Researchers determined that the youth had given himself a case of nutritional optic neuropathy with his near-exclusive consumption of junk food.

They said such cases could rise given the world’s reliance on processed foods, but they also pointed to veganism as a possible eroder of vitamin B12 levels, which could also lead to malnutrition.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:40 am
If you thought the Popeyes chicken sandwich craze had reached its peak when the product sold out last week, think again.

On Monday, one customer became so enraged to find the hot item gone that he pulled a gun at a restaurant in Houston, police told local news stations.
Lt. Larry Crowson of the Houston police said the man who pulled his gun could face aggravated assault charges because he was showing a weapon and threatening staff, ABC 13 reported. Authorities say the suspect is reported to have dreadlocks and face tattoos and was wearing a black shirt with red sleeves.
Damned NRA member. :wink:
Isgrimnur wrote: Thu Sep 05, 2019 5:33 pm
The 17-year-old, who lives in the United Kingdom, first went to the doctor at age 14 complaining of tiredness, the Annals of Internal Medicine wrote in the study abstract. By the time his doctors discovered that nutrition was the probable cause, his vision was irrevocably damaged.
Researchers determined that the youth had given himself a case of nutritional optic neuropathy with his near-exclusive consumption of junk food.

They said such cases could rise given the world’s reliance on processed foods, but they also pointed to veganism as a possible eroder of vitamin B12 levels, which could also lead to malnutrition.
The UK isn't exactly known for their fine cuisine, and then there are the angry cows so... :mrgreen:
mori

Post by mori »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue Sep 03, 2019 11:40 am WaPo

Not everyone got the memo. Five adults with a baby headed to a Popeyes in Houston’s southeast at about 9 p.m. Monday to order chicken sandwiches at the drive-through, employees told ABC 13. Informed that item was unavailable, the group tried to enter the store, leaving the child in a car.

Staff were able to lock the group out, police told the news station, but a man in the group brandished a pistol and “demanded” the item that has generated massive buzz for the fast-food chain this month. A manager repeated that they were sold out, and the group eventually fled.

The suspect is not the only Popeyes customer said to have taken drastic action over the sandwich. One man in Tennessee went so far as to sue the company for $5,000 in connection with the product’s disappearance, alleging “false advertising” and “deceptive business practices,” NBC News reported last week.
Is this why there is suddenly cars in the Popeye's parking lots?
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Probably.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
Wendy's is the latest to announce a big investment in getting morning customers.

The company said Monday that its taking breakfast nationwide next year with a new menu inspired by its afternoon menu and, obviously, includes a Frosty made for breakfast.

Wendy's released a portion of its new breakfast menu. Here are three items. (Note: No judgment is offered on our part by the ranking below.)

1. "Honey Butter Chicken Biscuit" is a buttermilk biscuit with a fried chicken sandwiched in between with whipped honey butter.

2. "Frosty-ccino" is a Frosty milkshake infused with cold brew coffee. It comes in two flavors: vanilla and chocolate.

3. "Breakfast Baconator" is an egg, several slices of bacon, a sausage patty, two slices of American cheese and a dollop of hollandaise sauce.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
The latest release, ahead of Halloween, is a Ghost Whopper, which is a regular burger with a special white cheddar-cheese-flavored (and colored) sesame-seed bun. It's only available for a limited time in 10 restaurants across the United States for $4.59. It will go on sale October 24.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

WaPo
McDonald’s chief executive Steve Easterbrook was fired and barred from working at a rival restaurant chain for two years after the fast-food giant’s board of directors found that he “demonstrated poor judgment” in a consensual relationship with an employee, the company announced Sunday.
Easterbrook’s separation agreement prevents him from going to work for “any company in the restaurant industry (whether informal eating-out or ready-to-eat) that competes with the business of McDonald’s,” within two years, including big names outside fast food like Starbucks and 7-Eleven. He will receive 26 weeks severance pay, but the value of the severance package was not immediately clear. Easterbrook earned nearly $16 million in 2018, including a base salary of $1.35 million.

The board voted Friday to oust Easterbrook following a review, concluding that he violated the company’s policy against manager relationships with direct or indirect reports, the company said. Easterbrook has been replaced by Chris Kempczinski, previously the president of McDonald’s USA.

Easterbrook called his recent relationship with an employee “a mistake” in an email to McDonald’s employees.

“Given the values of the company, I agree with the board that it is time for me to move on,” he wrote.
Isgrimnur

Re: Burger King

Post by Isgrimnur »

hepcat wrote: Tue Feb 23, 2016 4:34 pm That may be the least catchiest catch phrase I've ever read for a restaurant. They should have just used "We got food".
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

3 1/2 years you worked on that. I gotta applaud your determination.
Covfefe!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I'm playing the long game.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Delete that and post it again in 2022 if you want me to believe you.
Covfefe!
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

hepcat wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:19 pm 3 1/2 years you worked on that. I gotta applaud your determination.
You misunderstand. That's "boo-kay," an homage to the local chicken czar of Monroe Parish, Louisiana. They get a discount on the whole sale price if they put his name on the marquis.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

His name is Bucket?
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Rumpy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:34 pm His name is Bucket?
Take off on this scene.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Ok, I get it now. Although technically it would then be spelled Bouquet ;)
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Rumpy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:55 pm Ok, I get it now. Although technically it would then be spelled Bouquet ;)
But that wouldn't be funny, and I fictionally put him in Louisiana where the French spelling might be changed but not the pronunciation. :P
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 4:06 pm
Rumpy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:55 pm Ok, I get it now. Although technically it would then be spelled Bouquet ;)
But that wouldn't be funny, and I fictionally put him in Louisiana where the French spelling might be changed but not the pronunciation. :P
Ok, Mr Bucket it is! :mrgreen:
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Holman

Post by Holman »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:53 pm
Rumpy wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:34 pm His name is Bucket?
Take off on this scene.
I'd forgotten that whole sequence and was not expecting a Harvey Korman boob-grab.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

NO ONE expects a Harvey Korman boob grab, but that’s what makes them work.
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:26 pm
hepcat wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 2:19 pm 3 1/2 years you worked on that. I gotta applaud your determination.
You misunderstand. That's "boo-kay," an homage to the local chicken czar of Monroe Parish, Louisiana. They get a discount on the whole sale price if they put his name on the marquis.
"Marquis" for "marquee" is a nice touch.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

I got kicked out of French class when I found out how seriously they take their language and they were unamused by my wit.
Black Lives Matter
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Jeff V wrote: Mon Nov 04, 2019 9:59 pm I got kicked out of French class when I found out how seriously they take their language and they were unamused by my wit.
We do. Take it seriously, that is. It's because we take pride in our language.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Apparently the Popeye's chicken sandwich is worth dying for! :wub:

https://www.wkrg.com/top-stories/man-fa ... -sandwich/
Man fatally stabbed over Popeyes sandwich
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Insider
Burger King is bringing Impossible Burgers to the kids' menu and value menu, the company announced Monday.
Starting this week, it's testing three new Impossible-based menu items at 180 locations in Milwaukee, Cedar Rapids, Augusta, Cincinnati, and Buffalo.

These new menu items include the Impossible Whopper Jr., the Impossible Burger, and the Impossible Cheeseburger. The Impossible Whopper Jr. is a smaller version of the Impossible Whopper, while the Impossible Burger is a hamburger made with an Impossible patty and the Impossible Cheeseburger is a cheeseburger made with an Impossible patty.

The Impossible Burger and Impossible Cheeseburger will be available as part of the chain's King Jr. kids' meals, marking the first time a fast-food chain will roll out a plant-based entrée on the kids' menu.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

BK kickin some butt and I dont even want a veggie burger..ew. I prefer my food nasty and greasy thanks.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I finally had a Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich (thanks, Mrs. McNutt).

Verdict - it won't change your life, but it is currently the best chicken sandwich out there.
stessier

Post by stessier »

McNutt wrote: Mon Nov 11, 2019 11:34 pm I finally had a Popeye's spicy chicken sandwich (thanks, Mrs. McNutt).

Verdict - it won't change your life, but it is currently the best chicken sandwich out there.
What was your Number 1 before this experience (so I have a baseline of your judgement).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

The previous champ was the basic Chik-fil-A chicken sandwich. It was simple and delicious.
The Popeye's sandwich is also simple, just deliciouser.

Keep in mind, it is still just a chicken sandwich. It's not worth waiting in a long line.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

My favourite is Wendy's Spicy Asiago Chicken Club Ranch. But then again, there aren't a whole load of options available where I am.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti