Fast Food Foofaraw

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

em2nought

Re: Fast Food Foofaraw

Post by em2nought »

McNutt wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 1:34 pm The previous champ was the basic Chik-fil-A chicken sandwich. It was simple and delicious.
The Popeye's sandwich is also simple, just deliciouser.

Keep in mind, it is still just a chicken sandwich. It's not worth waiting in a long line.
Whoa! No wonder people kill for them. I don't have to drive an hour & half to get to a Popeye's! In related news the chicken nuggets people say taste very close to Chick-fil-a are now not only at Sam's but also in the walmart. They are the nicest nuggets I've ever bought from a grocery store.
Enlarge Image

I tried an Empanada today. What a letdown. So bland, not what I imagined at all. Could really use some Korean Go-Chu-Jang or better yet dump all the filling and replace it with Thai Laab Moo.
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
mori

Post by mori »

Ate at Chick-fil-A for only the second time last week. Got the nuggets with the house dipping sauce which everyone seems to pimp. Was not impressed. I would take Wendy's Spicy nuggets over those. My first experience was with a chicken sandwich which I thought was fine sandwich, but not worth the hassle.

I guess the hype of the Popeye's chicken sandwich has hit peak. Co-worker reported a line outside the door of our local which is typically the most dead of fast food joints during lunch.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

em2nought wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:23 pm I tried an Empanada today. What a letdown. So bland, not what I imagined at all. Could really use some Korean Go-Chu-Jang or better yet dump all the filling and replace it with Thai Laab Moo.
What kind? There's an empanada shop across the street from my dentist that has about 2 dozen different varieties (including some breakfast empanadas). A friend of mine makes some with a filling he first had in Chile called "7 layers of hell." It is not bland.
Black Lives Matter
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Jeff V wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 9:02 pm
em2nought wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:23 pm I tried an Em2panada today. What a letdown. So bland, not what I imagined at all.
What kind? There's an empanada shop across the street from my dentist that has about 2 dozen different varieties (including some breakfast empanadas). A friend of mine makes some with a filling he first had in Chile called "7 layers of hell." It is not bland.
Whatever kind they are selling on the street corner here in Bogotá. Good to know though. I'll try some others, but the best I'll be able to ask for is "tiene em2panada con muy calor carne". :mrgreen: I'll probably go for the Croissant like thing with queso next time though, that was excellent the day before.
stessier

Post by stessier »

em2nought wrote: Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:23 pm
In related news the chicken nuggets people say taste very close to Chick-fil-a are now not only at Sam's but also in the walmart. They are the nicest nuggets I've ever bought from a grocery store.
Enlarge Image
These are a good facsimile of the Chick-fil-A sandwich as they, too, have a pickle brine undertone. They do not replicate the fried nuggets from Chick-fil-A which do not have that flavor.

I believe both are way better than any of the Wendy's nuggets. I'd take Wendy's spicy chicken sandwich, though, as the best chicken sandwich (although I have not had the Popeye's version).
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Yahoo!
Burger King was sued on Monday by a vegan customer who accused the fast-food chain of contaminating its meatless "Impossible" Whoppers by cooking them on the same grills as its traditional meat burgers.

In a proposed class action, Phillip Williams said he bought an Impossible Whopper, a plant-based alternative to Burger King's regular Whopper, at an Atlanta drive-through, and would not have paid a premium price had he known the cooking would leave it "coated in meat by-products."

The lawsuit filed in Miami federal court seeks damages for all U.S. purchasers of the Impossible Whopper, and an injunction requiring Burger King to "plainly disclose" that Impossible Whoppers and regular burgers are cooked on the same grills.
Impossible Foods Inc, which helped create the Impossible Whopper, has said it designed the product for meat eaters who want to consume less animal protein, not for vegans or vegetarians.

"For people who are strictly vegan, there is a microwave prep procedure that they're welcome to ask for in any store," Dana Worth, Impossible Foods' head of sales, said in a recent interview.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Oh those poor vegans. Musta killed them. Are they dead? No? Case dismissed.

Seriously where did they think they were cooking them? In a shed out back?
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Did they fail math that badly? Almost 0% is not 0%.

Myself, I'm waiting for them to come out with a version that has bacon on it. Bacon is the only thing I can think of that would make this plant mash taste good.
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I tried the spicy chicken at Popeye's today, and was underwhelmed at the flavor of the chicken itself, which is probably why they're relying on a spicy sauce to make up for it.
Fretmute

Post by Fretmute »

Isgrimnur wrote:I tried the spicy chicken at Popeye's today, and was underwhelmed at the flavor of the chicken itself, which is probably why they're relying on a spicy sauce to make up for it.
This is why I haven’t pulled the trigger. I have no truck with mayo or pickles. I feel that everyone that likes it is into it for the accoutrements.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fretmute wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:34 pm
Isgrimnur wrote:I tried the spicy chicken at Popeye's today, and was underwhelmed at the flavor of the chicken itself, which is probably why they're relying on a spicy sauce to make up for it.
This is why I haven’t pulled the trigger. I have no truck with mayo or pickles. I feel that everyone that likes it is into it for the accoutrements.
I remove or hold the pickles on every sandwich, regardless of source. I do like mayo, but rarely add them to a chicken sandwich if not part of the default, such as Wendy's Spicy.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Fretmute wrote: Tue Nov 19, 2019 9:34 pm
I liked the sandwich for the chicken. Which was spicy and juicy as Popeyes tends to be near me.
Hodor.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I tried one of those impossible burgers at BK once. Didn't taste that differently, IMHO. But it's not something I'd try again.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

The funny thing is, whenever I hear Popeye's, I always end up doing a double-take, because in Canada, Popeye's is a name of a completely different kind of business. It's a protein supplement company.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Rumpy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:16 pm The funny thing is, whenever I hear Popeye's, I always end up doing a double-take, because in Canada, Popeye's is a name of a completely different kind of business. It's a protein supplement company.
Those ads always amuse me when I see them on the boards of a rink in a Canadian city.
Hodor.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

pr0ner wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:55 pm
Rumpy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 2:16 pm The funny thing is, whenever I hear Popeye's, I always end up doing a double-take, because in Canada, Popeye's is a name of a completely different kind of business. It's a protein supplement company.
Those ads always amuse me when I see them on the boards of a rink in a Canadian city.
Heh, I hadn't even thought about that kind of exposure. But in some ways, the name makes more sense when being used in context with a protein supplement company, given that they're even using the Popeye character. I always have to explain to my parents that it's a fried chicken company in the States.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Popeye's restaurants are now also in Canada. There are at least 3 of them here in the Ottawa area.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Rumpy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:08 pm But in some ways, the name makes more sense when being used in context with a protein supplement company, given that they're even using the Popeye character.
:naughty:

BI
But here's the truth: spinach doesn't have much more iron than other leafy greens like broccoli and Brussels sprouts. One cup of raw spinach has .81 milligrams of iron, while the same amount of broccoli has .66 mg. Kale has .24 mg, and brussels sprouts have 1.2 mg per cup, even more than the cup of raw spinach.

There's even some evidence that spinach might inhibit iron absorption.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Well, technically that might be true based on Spinach itself, but as a protein supplement mascot, I think he makes more sense than the actual Spinach imagery. ;)
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 pm leafy greens like broccoli
Who is eating broccoli leaves? I always discard the leaves when prepping the crowns or stalks.
Black Lives Matter
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

Jeff V wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:21 am
Who is eating broccoli leaves? I always discard the leaves when prepping the crowns or stalks.
Maybe he means Chinese broccoli?
Hodor.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

pr0ner wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:41 am
Jeff V wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 10:21 am
Maybe he means Chinese broccoli?
Maybe, but with a vast choice of clearly leafy veggies to chose from, why pick something generally not considered to be "leafy"?
Black Lives Matter
A nonny mouse

Post by A nonny mouse »

A. Kale is the leaf.

B. Because Broccoli is freaking awesome!

Also, Broccoli, Collard greens, kale, kohlrabi, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and cabbage are all the same plant - they have just been selected for different aspects. Like dogs, look different, all the same.
I find television very educational. Every time somebody turns on the set, I go into the other room and read a book. - Groucho Marx
stessier

Post by stessier »

Isgrimnur wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:31 pm
Rumpy wrote: Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:08 pm But in some ways, the name makes more sense when being used in context with a protein supplement company, given that they're even using the Popeye character.
:naughty:

BI
But here's the truth: spinach doesn't have much more iron than other leafy greens like broccoli and Brussels sprouts. One cup of raw spinach has .81 milligrams of iron, while the same amount of broccoli has .66 mg. Kale has .24 mg, and brussels sprouts have 1.2 mg per cup, even more than the cup of raw spinach.

There's even some evidence that spinach might inhibit iron absorption.
Sure but spinach is edible unlike everything else on their list.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
In a partnership with artificial fire log company Enviro-Log, Kentucky Fried Chicken is offering what's sure to be the hottest commodity of the season -- a hunk of flammable, chicken-scented bliss otherwise known as the 11 Herbs & Spices Firelog.

You don't even have to go flying out of the front door to get your hands on the bizarre, flaming mass. It's exclusively sold on Walmart.com for a slick $18.99.
"Since selling out last year, we have received weekly calls from hopeful fans wanting to get their hands on the 11 Herbs & Spices Firelog," said Ross McRoy, president and founder of Enviro-Log.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I love spinach but Im careful of leafy greens due to kidney stone history. My wife and especially our cousin Ralph(rest them both) had to barely eat them due to blood thinners . Something about the vitamin K or something.
morlac

Post by morlac »

A nonny mouse wrote: Thu Nov 21, 2019 11:23 am A. Kale is the leaf.

B. Because Broccoli is freaking awesome!

Also, Broccoli, Collard greens, kale, kohlrabi, cauliflower, brussel sprouts and cabbage are all the same plant - they have just been selected for different aspects. Like dogs, look different, all the same.
Yea but unlike dogs, they dont all taste the same.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Ok, Sonic, take it down a notch.

Enlarge Image
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

What's wrong with totchos?
Hodor.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Agree. I mean it's Sonic so they will suck but tots rule in any form. I'm eating tater tot casserole tonight because I whined to my wife that I had a hard day and need comfort food.

Recently I learned that what I grew up with as tater tot casserole Amy Klobuchar would call "hotdish". :think:
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Z-Corn wrote: Mon Feb 03, 2020 8:35 pm Agree. I mean it's Sonic so they will suck but tots rule in any form. I'm eating tater tot casserole tonight because I whined to my wife that I had a hard day and need comfort food.

Recently I learned that what I grew up with as tater tot casserole Amy Klobuchar would call "hotdish". :think:
My mom called it "Teenager's Delight." It was aptly named.

A few months ago I had tater tots for the first time in probably 45 years. Meh. Give me fries.
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Taco Bell is going to open 5 stores in Indonesia in April by Indonesian Franchise holder of KFC and Pizza Hut.

Too bad it is not El Pollo Loco. Last time I had El Pollo Loco's chicken was about 25 years ago.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Of all the fast food, I legitimately like the Taco Bell items I tend to get. When I am forced to eat fast food, I don't dread the idea of going to Taco Bell. I mean it's not pizza, but it's just fine for me. Also Taco Bell never destroyed my intestines like others say. McDonald's, OtOH, will lead me to discussions about having old people problems.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My only gripe is they continually remove the only items I really love. I can still eat a soft taco supreme and a burrito supreme but thats about it now. I think my all time favorite is the smothered burrito and its gone as are my other favs.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNN
The battle for breakfast gains a new entrant on March 2.

That's when Wendy's enters the ring and debuts its highly anticipated menu for the increasingly competitive timeslot. The launch comes six months after the fast food chain announced it wanted in on this growing category.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Waste of time to me. The only two places for breakfast are Hardees and McDonalds. Very very rarely Id get a BK Croissant. Never get breakfast anywhere else and barely ever get breakfast.
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 12:43 am Taco Bell is going to open 5 stores in Indonesia in April by Indonesian Franchise holder of KFC and Pizza Hut.
If I wasn't already prohibited from going to Indonesia, this unholy trinity alone would dissuade me.
Black Lives Matter
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Over the past several months we've been going out for brunch on Saturdays. Our town center, half a mile away, has two breakfast restaurants, a Japanese place, a pho place, a coffee shop, a pizzeria/sandwich shop, and a burrito place, as well as a tavern that does an overpriced brunch. That's just what we can walk to. If I were to get in my car, there'd be a dozen more options within 10 minutes away. I know fast-food breakfast is for people who have to grab-and-go on their way to work; that's not me.

I did used to like Egg McMuffins back in the day. Now I make them at home.
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Who needs more places to eat the same kind of breakfast, give me a Thai and a Greek chain of franchises. No, Arby's and their horrendous tzatziki doesn't count. :doh:

Minus the Durian. :mrgreen: