[Movie] Wonder Woman 1984

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Grifman

[Movie] Wonder Woman 1984

Post by Grifman »

Trailer drops tomorrow, there’s a short teaser out now. Really looking forward to this next year - the original is one of my favorite superhero movies.

https://youtu.be/sUM9Dksp-Ic
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Smoove_B

Re: [Movie] Wonder Woman 1984

Post by Smoove_B »

Full trailer, out now

Maybe next year, maybe no go
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

ha, Kristen Wiig / Cheetah - nice.

also, for a second, thought I was looking at Bill Hader.
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

Was she golden lasso spider swinging from lightning?
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

She sure was. All kinds of things to unpack in that trailer.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Enjoyed hearing Blue Monday again after all these years. So how is Steve back? And will they play Metallica's Ride the Lightning during that one sequence? :)

I didn't see Wonder Woman. We had planned to go the year before but when it came out we just couldn't make it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Holman

Post by Holman »

Male big-hair blond presumed villain seems Trumpian to me...
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Great trailer, love the thumping 80's soundtrack. Would have like to have seen Willig as the Cheetah but I guess they don't want to spoil too much. I have no idea who the male villain type is - all I had previously heard of was the Cheetah so that surprised me.

On a side note, I love the slow motion action scenes, especially more than the super fast hard to follow fight scenes that were so popular a few years ago. Gadot did ballet for 12 years and her fighting style as WW has a lot of grace and ballet type moves along with power, which I like a lot. I like that she has a unique fighting style that's more than just brute force.

And I love the fact that ST is going to be back though I'm curious as to how they explain that. It's also interesting in that one scene from the art museum - this time he will the "fish out of water" so it's funny to see the tables turned.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Grifman wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:49 pm Great trailer, love the thumping 80's soundtrack.
It's a remix of this:

Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Meh, I didn't like it when it came out 35 years ago.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Holman wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:58 pm Male big-hair blond presumed villain seems Trumpian to me...
That's purely coincidental. It's comic-accurate.

https://heroichollywood.com/patty-jenki ... well-lord/
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Hamlet3145

Post by Hamlet3145 »

Grifman wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:49 pm And I love the fact that ST is going to be back though I'm curious as to how they explain that.
I just re-watched the scene where he "dies" and we never actually see Steve fire his gun at the bombs, though he is obviously about to do it. The scene then cuts to Diana's perspective and we see the plane blow up. We don't explicitly know how much time took place between those two cuts. We also never actually see Steve die. So, if that is really Steve in the future, then something pretty significant happens in the moments after we last see him. I also find it pretty interesting that the last time Steve sees Diana he gives her his time piece.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

You know I loved the trailer, even if it annoyed me that it had a Hummvee (which wasn't in service in '84.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 2:17 am You know I loved the trailer, even if it annoyed me that it had a Hummvee (which wasn't in service in '84.)
It was early by about 12 months... it entered service in 1985. Although testing started as early as 1982-1983, I think.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

So Wonder Woman is fighting the Mandalorian? Nice.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Hrothgar wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:17 pm Was she golden lasso spider swinging from lightning?
I generally liked the trailer and am looking forward to this movie, but that was just flat-out stupid.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Although it's far more like that...
Spoiler:
Steve Trevor is an illusion as Maxwell Lord is well known to have mind-control powers, and he wants "Diana Prince"'s secrets...

And let's just say this does not end well for Maxwell Lord, one of the few villains who actually died at the hands of DC superheroes.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:24 am
Hrothgar wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 7:17 pm Was she golden lasso spider swinging from lightning?
I generally liked the trailer and am looking forward to this movie, but that was just flat-out stupid.
Unfortunately, she didn't learn to fly in the comics until 1986!

(Yes, I'm kidding.)
morlac

Post by morlac »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 1:50 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Mon Dec 09, 2019 10:24 am
Unfortunately, she didn't learn to fly in the comics until 1986!

(Yes, I'm kidding.)
Invisible plane people! She was lassoing her invisible plane!
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

I really wanted to like this trailer but I kind of left it feeling a bit disappointed. Was the addition of Kristen Wiig meant to make it more of a comedy? Or just more light-hearted? Is there a villain and who was it? I saw a lot of action but couldn't really register what the threat was. and then... Chris Pine. He just doesn't do anything for me.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

rittchard wrote: Tue Dec 10, 2019 6:24 pm I really wanted to like this trailer but I kind of left it feeling a bit disappointed. Was the addition of Kristen Wiig meant to make it more of a comedy? Or just more light-hearted? Is there a villain and who was it? I saw a lot of action but couldn't really register what the threat was. and then... Chris Pine. He just doesn't do anything for me.
There are two villains in that trailer. One of them is Wiig.
Hodor.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

I think Wiig might be a smart choice, surprisingly. She can pull off awkward / funny effortlessly and based on the trailer, she's apparently friends with WW before whatever happens, happens. I think they likely needed to find an actress that could make that kind of transformation. My but is that she's going to nail the role.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The other was Maxwell Lord.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I am not fond of the idea of bringing Steve back.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

We don't know if they are yet. They've left the context pretty vague. It may be her dealing with loss as an immortal (IE - her own imagination), it may be a villain messing with her.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

...or it may not be Steve, it may be James Thaddeus Kirk!
Covfefe!
Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 10:25 am ...or it may not be Steve, it may be James Thaddeus Kirk!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh crap, and I call myself a Trek fan! In my defense, I had a friend named Thad growing up, so I often made that mistake back then too. :oops:
Covfefe!
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

I thought it was intentional. And funny.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Yeah, I assumed it was intentional as well.
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I was a teen in the early '80s and spent quite a bit of time in malls. I am so looking forward to reliving my youth by watching Wonder Woman tear it up inside a mall. There needs to be an arcade in there, a food court, and a music store that has some guy playing an organ outside the store. Maybe in the movie they can have him playing Scandal's The Warrior as the fight moves past that area.
McNutt

Post by McNutt »

Does she have the super power to not get an excruciating headache after walking by the Yankee Candle Shop?
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

gameoverman wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:52 pm I was a teen in the early '80s and spent quite a bit of time in malls. I am so looking forward to reliving my youth by watching Wonder Woman tear it up inside a mall. There needs to be an arcade in there, a food court, and a music store that has some guy playing an organ outside the store. Maybe in the movie they can have him playing Scandal's The Warrior as the fight moves past that area.
So I guess the climactic scenes in Stranger Things were right up your alley?? :D
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Holman

Post by Holman »

Hyena wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:02 pm
gameoverman wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 4:52 pm I was a teen in the early '80s and spent quite a bit of time in malls. I am so looking forward to reliving my youth by watching Wonder Woman tear it up inside a mall. There needs to be an arcade in there, a food court, and a music store that has some guy playing an organ outside the store. Maybe in the movie they can have him playing Scandal's The Warrior as the fight moves past that area.
So I guess the climactic scenes in Stranger Things were right up your alley?? :D
I think I mentioned this, but the mall used as a set in Stranger Things was the very mall where I wasted my teenage time ca. 1984-1986. They gussied it up with some extra neon for the show, but the architecture and layout were all the same.

(This was suburban Atlanta's Gwinnett Place Mall, which was such a ghost town that the production company simply leased half of it for filming.)
gameoverman

Post by gameoverman »

I haven't watched more than a bit of Stranger Things here and there. Are you saying this has been a mistake on my part?
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

gameoverman wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 6:49 pm
I haven't watched more than a bit of Stranger Things here and there. Are you saying this has been a mistake on my part?
Yes. Go and rectify it now. It's a great show. Season 3 is where the mall comes into play.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
raydude

Post by raydude »

Holman wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 5:56 pm
I think I mentioned this, but the mall used as a set in Stranger Things was the very mall where I wasted my teenage time ca. 1984-1986. They gussied it up with some extra neon for the show, but the architecture and layout were all the same.

(This was suburban Atlanta's Gwinnett Place Mall, which was such a ghost town that the production company simply leased half of it for filming.)
The mall in WW84 is Landmark Mall, which I went to many a time as a single lad in Alexandria, VA. And to which my parents took our kids often when they wanted to hang out somewhere warm on the weekends in the winter. We all had a great time recognizing the escalator layout and food court on the top floor.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

This is the mall I hung out in when younger

Covfefe!
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Shame how malls die. Almost all I enjoyed are gone.

Village Shopping Center. Built in the late 50s. Spent my early 1970s here. Had a hobby shop my dad took me to for little slot cars. Closed up in the 1990s Was open air type.

Cleveland Mall. Built in early 70s. Went trick or treating there in late 70s early 80s. Spent all my time in the Aladdins Castle arcade. Closed 1993 or so. Now owned by a nursing home for elite rooms or some such. Replaced by Bradley Square which has always sucked and been dead. its the walking dead still but with mom and pop crap now.

Eastgate Mall. Big mall from the 60s. Closed 1991. Me and my wife's first regular mall.

Northgate Mall. Built I think in 71. Its on life support, Me and my wife's 2nd mall.

Hamilton Place Mall. Our favorite and most lived in mall. All the 1990s was our home. Built in 87. Was the states largest for many many years. Still going strong. To me it is not as strong and is semi dying. But its still full. Has anchors and all. Was built in a field away from everything but the highway now that road and all around it is a huge built up place with shopping and doctors and you name it places to eat.
Last edited by Daehawk on Sat Dec 14, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I grew up around two. Honey Creek in Terre Haute is still going, but it is a shadow of its self, with half of the stores closed and the other half... odd. Park Lane in Reno was demolished years ago.