Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 10/4/2019

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 10/4/2019

Post by jztemple2 »

Grifman wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 12:22 am Sooo, what's up with this game. It got terrible reviews from both reviewers and gamers early on, but the latest comments here indicate that people are enjoying the game. Did you all like it from the beginning, or have they improved the game that much? I was very interested in getting the game but then I saw the reviews and general player dissatisfaction so I moved on. So how's the game now?
I liked the game from the original public release, having been in both the closed beta and open beta where I overcame a lot of initial skepticism and came to understand what the developers where trying to do. The game is pretty bug free, it's just that the leveling system where you are constantly getting new, slightly better gear to raise your gear level is rather a poor design decision as you feel like you are constantly dumping your current gear items to get just a little better ones. However, for the most part you really don't need to do that. Except for a few specifically identified missions, most missions scale to your current level. So you can accumulate gear at your own pace. And gear accumulation is pretty easy, there are markers on the map and you just walk/run over them to pick them up and add them to your inventory, and your inventory is huge. Eventually you will need to disassemble some weapons to get parts and other gear to keep you within the 300 point limit, but that's a few keystrokes. What is needed, and is supposed to come with the next big patch, is a way to group delete items. That would be a time saver, but it's not a deal breaker.

There are some other design features that some folks have found questionable, like no AI companions, but I've never found them to be any bother. I've played solo and it's like the early Rainbow Six games where you would select Lone Wolf mode and take on enemy locations using only your wits and what you are carrying with you. I have 137 hours in it now and have completed all the main and side missions, leveled up all four classes and gotten all the skills. Every day there are new faction missions released so you have new things to do daily if you want.

I'm probably not your average player (who is average after all?) but I like big, open world games where I can explore, go stealthy or loud as I want, fly helicopters, drive tons of vehicles, or, my favorite, just yomp from point to point. I want to be able to snipe from over 500 meters or sneak up and knife a bad guy. I like plots that have a story but don't waste a lot of time in cut scenes and that have interesting, memorable characters. I prefer to be able to chose from a boatload of different weapons with enough meaningful attachments that give me options. And I want a game that is relatively bug and glitch free, that runs smooth on my rig, and is easy to play in short segments or for hours. I find all of that in this game.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

I still would have rather had Wildlands 2, but I had fun with Breakpoint. My main dislike with Breakpoint is the gear progression, as jzt mentions, and the story progression. On the story side, it's just... not. If you enjoy the gameplay, it's a fun game. The story is just not satisfying.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Dec 18, 2019 10:42 am On the story side, it's just... not. If you enjoy the gameplay, it's a fun game. The story is just not satisfying.
I would agree with this. The story comes as small segments, like a collection of short stories that have some common link but otherwise stand alone. I don't have a big interest in a complex backstory or some intricate plot, so I'm fine with the story format.

And I agree about Wildlands 2. Somebody in Ubisoft management ought to be given the boot for ignoring what the fans wanted and instead wanting to go off in a new direction. It's Ubisoft, they probably could have funded both games :?

I'm also disappointed with Ubisoft for not doing Watch Dogs 3 and instead going to Legions with its "We have no main character" approach. But that's for another thread...
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Hrothgar

Post by Hrothgar »

So you're saying that's it's worth the $14 at Epic (on sale with coupon)?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Hrothgar wrote: Thu Dec 19, 2019 4:43 pm So you're saying that's it's worth the $14 at Epic (on sale with coupon)?
Certainly, if you agree with the points I made in the big post above. It is a fun first/third person shooter set in a huge open world with lots of missions to accomplish, plenty of gear to acquire and tinker with and plenty of vehicle to drive or fly. And as I said, there aren't really any significant bugs. The vast majority of the issues that have been raised have been with the developer's design decisions, most of which I haven't found to have any significant detriment to my enjoyment. And the developers have promised a number of big changes to the game in the upcoming months, so it makes sense to grab it now on deep sale. Or at least that is my opinion.
MonkeyFinger

Post by MonkeyFinger »

Saw that this is currently 67% off on the PS4 so considering grabbing it now for later. Yeah... later.
-mf
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Finally Ubisoft has posted news regarding updates for the game. Those of you who follow the game will remember that on Wright Brothers Day (2019.12.17 for those not devotees of Orville and Wilbur) Ubisoft announced they were postponing the release of the next big update so more work could be done on it. Now we have more details...
Back in October 2019, we posted an idea of what to expect Moving Forward for the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint experience. With the start of the New Year, we wanted to share an update on what we’ve been working on and what you can expect as the year continues... [blah, blah]
Now to the good stuff:
TU 1.1.0
We’re glad to share that this will be releasing shortly and you can expect to see TU 1.1.0 live by the end of January!
This TU will address the following changes, among others:
• Made improvements to Night Vision.
• Sharpshooter exploit with DMR rifles addressed in all modes (PvP, Raid, PvE).
• Players who previously lost their Thermal / Night Vision will get it back after loading their save.
• Players who previously lost their Water Canteen or Binoculars will get them back after loading their save.
• Rebalanced Stamina for PvP after it was buffed in a previous TU.
• Toned down the coughing sounds players could hear while in Erewhon.
• Enemies will no longer shout in pain after being shot in the head.
• Improved AI behavior:
__○ Fixed an issue where enemies investigating will go to cover mid-detection.
__○ If enough NPCs die at a single spot, they will stop rushing the player and will get into cover more often than before.
__○ We also modified the vanish rules so that NPCs will stay in the fight if they are close enough to the player.
• The Digital Scope now has multiple levels of zoom.
I like those fixes to the AI behavior, especially that, just maybe, they won't keep piling in through the same narrow doorway after the first dozen are killed there :D.

And...
In addition to the Title Update, the Terminator Live Event will be invading Ghost Recon Breakpoint soon. Be on the lookout for more intel!
Finally, the roadmap for upcoming changes. Heaven knows what the "New Immersive Experience" will be :roll:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

After doing some further reading, I've found that the mentioned end of February update will include the long-awaited Engineer Class, as well as "the immersive experience that we mentioned in the Moving Forward letter". That letter was a bit vague on details, but I believe these might be the pertinent comments:
We are happy to see players embracing the new elements of the game, but we also understand that there are areas of improvements. Some of you would like our new survival mechanics to have more impact on your experience, while others dislike the tiered loot progression we have added.

One of the key elements of our vision for Ghost Recon is to immerse our fans in a gritty and authentic military experience.

In line with this vision and the feedback we received, we are working on a more radical and immersive version of Ghost Recon Breakpoint. We also want to let you tailor your experience to the way you want to enjoy the game, since freedom of choice has always been part of the Ghost Recon DNA.
So gritty and authentic? Maybe realistic weight limits, limited carry options for weapons and items, plus hunger and thirst implementation? This would make more sense for Breakpoint than it would have for Wildlands. In the latter you have a support organization available, while in Breakpoint you are on your own a lot of the time. So maybe all those plants and animals you're picking up and shooting are going to be needed to sustain you... :shock:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This is one of the games they cite as not being the big hit they hoped it would for them and is helping lead to a restructuring of the companies future games....or something like that.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:06 pm This is one of the games they cite as not being the big hit they hoped it would for them and is helping lead to a restructuring of the companies future games....or something like that.
From what I've read, Ubisoft feels like the poorer sales were do as much to not anticipating what the market wanted as much as bugs and glitches. I have found GRB to have very little in the way of technical problems, but then I tend to not have issues with PC games that show up on other rigs.

I think that the market wanted Wildlands 2 and a lot of folks weren't happy with the direction that Breakpoint took. As I've said before, it's a pretty good game for folks like me who were big fans of the Lone Wolf mode of the early Rainbow Six games. The problem is that it is not Wildlands, but it is also not a survival game in its gameplay, although the story wants to make it so. In some ways it is a Far Cry or a Fallout game, you (and your coops buddies) against an island where the authorities are hellbent on killing you. But it is lacking the survival aspects. Hopefully that's what we'll see at the end of February.

And in a similar note, I'm thinking that Watch Dogs Legion got pulled from the release schedule because they jumped quite a bit away from the WD2 gameplay, story and features. Ubisoft might have been anticipating a similar poor reception that Breakpoint got if they don't give the people what they want, which is something like Watch Dogs 3. I think they really screwed the pooch there by not just assigning one of their other studios to take the WD2 concept and create a different city, new characters and story, but still with the basic gameplay and features. WD3 would have almost been a guaranteed money maker, just like each Assassin's Creed was from the previous one (not counting Unity, which was buggy and confusing; Syndicate made up for it). Legions should have been the start of a new IP, so folks won't have been so ready to compare it to WD2.
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

jztemple2 wrote: Mon Jan 20, 2020 7:28 pm

And in a similar note, I'm thinking that Watch Dogs Legion got pulled from the release schedule because they jumped quite a bit away from the WD2 gameplay, story and features. Ubisoft might have been anticipating a similar poor reception that Breakpoint got if they don't give the people what they want, which is something like Watch Dogs 3. I think they really screwed the pooch there by not just assigning one of their other studios to take the WD2 concept and create a different city, new characters and story, but still with the basic gameplay and features. WD3 would have almost been a guaranteed money maker, just like each Assassin's Creed was from the previous one (not counting Unity, which was buggy and confusing; Syndicate made up for it). Legions should have been the start of a new IP, so folks won't have been so ready to compare it to WD2.
Which, if true, sucks. Everything I've seen about Legions looks great.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint - The Terminator Mission 1 Briefing
Ghosts,

What day is it? What year? It may not be 1984, but it is time to fight for your life. Prepare yourself for an adventure like no other with an experience inspired by the events depicted from The Terminator and earn exclusive rewards by completing interception and warfare missions during the live event.

Mission 1 of this free live event is available starting January 29th through February 6th with Mission 2 opening on February 1st. Gear up and fight against Terminators to save the future while discovering a new location on Auroa.

MAIN MISSION BRIEFING
To begin your mission, follow the trail leading to Rasa Aldwin, a woman claiming to be from the future. She needs your help, and rumor has it that there’s a soldier who just won’t quit. With the help of Rasa’s special weapon, you’ll have a fighting chance against anything that stands in your way.

DAILY MISSIONS
Join in on the action and be prepared for any challenge you may face while completing daily interception missions along the way.
  • Interception missions: Rasa picks up signals from T-800s, and you need to locate and destroy them.
  • Note: these daily missions are not replayable. Stay tuned for further intel on Mission 2 of The Terminator live event.

EXCLUSIVE REWARDS
Looking for new gear straight out of 2029? We’ve got you covered. With this duty comes great rewards, Ghosts.
  • Earn 23 new exclusive items during the whole live event period, including customization items, gear, vehicles, weapons, attachments, and more.
  • Rewards are directly inspired by The Terminator movie.
  • Mission 1: Weapon: MK14 | TERMINATOR
  • Terminator-themed items available in Maria’s shop, and 12 items are purchasable with Skell Credits.
From the start of the live event, you will have three days until your next assignment. Do you have what it takes to get the job done?

Make sure to drop by the official Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint forums or the community Reddit to share your thoughts and feedback.

See you there, Ghosts.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'd be more excited about this event if the game would actually launch for me.
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Wed Jan 29, 2020 8:56 am I'd be more excited about this event if the game would actually launch for me.
It took me about five minutes and a couple of tries to get the game started. Playing now...
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Every time I try to launch it, the initial start-up window pops up then goes away, and the game fails to start. Other people have reported the same behavior on the Ubisoft forums. Ubisoft has acknowledged some sort of connectivity issue as of yesterday, but I don't know if that is the same problem I'm experiencing.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

And we're done for the day. There are two main Terminator missions, one released today and one on Sunday. The one today was to find the person who is going to tell you about the Terminators and get her to safety. After that I got three Terminator Event daily missions, which are like the faction missions. You get points with which you unlock gear as rewards, so they are like the Faction Missions, before the rewards were removed.

One was to grab a truck on an enemy base. Shouldn't be too hard, right? Except that two Terminators show up to make things messy :roll:. What a pain in the ass. Finally beat it. The other two missions are to track down and destroy a Terminator, one each mission. Not too hard once you figure out how to do it. And if you're an old man like me, you play on Arcade difficulty :wink:
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

GT impressions on the event
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Apparently my problem was Uplay rather than the game itself. Uninstalling/reinstalling Uplay sorted it out.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I had zero T-800 complications in the steal-a-truck daily mission. The first Terminator termination mission took me 3 tries, largely thanks to the item wheel bug that prevented me from selecting equipment or healing. Quitting and restarting cleared that. On the second T-800 mission, I hammered it with rockets from my helicopter to clear away the armor, then sniped it from across a river to finish it off. Apparently Terminators don't swim.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

There were only 2 daily missions today. One was a straight-up kill mission, while the other required hacking 2 terminals in a Sentinel base before the Terminator was able to destroy them. A T-800 did show up for that one, but I was able to hack both terminals before it could effectively engage me.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 9:11 am There were only 2 daily missions today. One was a straight-up kill mission, while the other required hacking 2 terminals in a Sentinel base before the Terminator was able to destroy them. A T-800 did show up for that one, but I was able to hack both terminals before it could effectively engage me.
I did both those missions as well. The one with the hacking was funny, I'm trying to sneak into this facility and all the sudden everyone is shooting and I see the message "Factional Warfare". The Terminator has come to town! :D

I'd come upon the solution to use a rocket launcher, which knocks down the Terminator (usually), giving me time to load up another rocket. It doesn't always work since there are these pesky locals who get in the way :roll:. Actually these missions aren't all that much fun to me, I've gotten really good at stealth entries and having this hulking manic following me kind of ruins the vibe.

I'm really, really hoping that the late February update brings something to the table that will interest me. I'm afraid that the Engineer Class will have leveling up that requires something like killing ten enemies with C4 attached to their vehicle or running someone down with a locomotive :wink:. As for the "immersive experience" one can only hope that it does something which will significantly alter the gameplay.

My own druthers for the immersive experience would be that they drop Erewhon, bivouacs, shops and the whole loot/leveling system. Instead you have to survive by stealing, taking enemy weapons, living off plants and "animal matter", and no more fast travel. I'm not sure how the mission structure would work with this, but it's not likely to happen anyway :cry:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Oh, also, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon® Breakpoint - The Terminator Mission 2 Briefing
Ghosts,

The fight against the Terminator is not over yet. You’ve got new intel for your second mission. The real goal behind the T-800 has been revealed, and it is much worse than initially anticipated. They are going after all life on Auroa.

The mission briefing is simple this time: terminate the Terminators.

Mission 2 will be available on February 1st. Be careful out there, as you will encounter other challenges along the way. Look out for the daily interception and warfare missions that will start with mission 2.

Important: Missions 1 & 2 will be replayable at any time after the live event ends.

MAIN MISSION BRIEFING
Rasa helped you identify a factory infested with T-800s. You will need to continue what you have started. Use the weapon you have built and send these pieces of scrap metal back to where they came from.

DAILY MISSIONS
Be careful out there. You will need to push your way through daily interception missions and the newly introduced warfare missions:

Interception missions: T-800s signals are picked up by Rasa. You will need to search for them and destroy them.
NEW! Warfare missions: Rasa informs you that T-800s are fighting against PMC groups. Locate and destroy them.

The daily missions will end on February 6th – past this date, you won’t be able to play through the interception and warfare missions anymore.

Please note that the daily missions are not replayable after the live event is over.

EXCLUSIVE REWARDS
Your efforts will be highly rewarded, Ghosts. We will supply you with everything you need to take these machines down, and of course, we will give you some souvenirs to remember the day you fought machines from the future.

Earn 23 new exclusive items during the whole live event period, including customization items, gear, vehicles, weapons, attachments, and more.
Rewards are directly inspired by The Terminator movie:
Mission 1: Weapon: MK14 | TERMINATOR
NEW! Mission 2: MGL | TERMINATOR
Terminator-themed items are available in Maria’s shop, and 12 items are purchasable with Skell Credits.

No matter how hard the task is, make sure to get the job done, Ghosts. The future of Auroa depends on it.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I presume that the MGL is why there is now a schematic category for grenade launchers?

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Thu Jan 30, 2020 5:26 pm I presume that the MGL is why there is now a schematic category for grenade launchers?
I was wondering that myself :wink:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Played again today, two more of the Terminator Rewards missions. One was to find and kill a Terminator, nothing special. The other was to sneak inside a facility and hack a computer, then standby for two minutes. I sneaked in and just as I was approaching the terminal, Big Ugly showed up :doh:. All hell broke loose and of course the Sentinel guys started shooting me, even though the T-man was killing them right and left. I got killed on the the first playthrough, then got smart on the second. I got close enough to the terminal to trigger the arrival of Mister Serious, then ran for the hills. The big dummy slowly lumbered after me and I rocketed him down and then nailed him with the funny rifle. Then I went back to the facility, killed everything that moved and hacked the terminal :roll:

Yeah, I'm done with the whole Live Event. Waiting for more about the "immersive experience", which better include a submarine :dance:
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The terminal hack went a little better than that for me. I cleared the area around the building containing the terminal, but left the rest of the base alone. When I hacked the terminal, the T-800 showed up but I was able to scamper and hide out while the terminator was engaged by the base personnel. They kept each other busy, so I just hunkered down in the bushes, waited out the timer and then cleared everything after the mission completed.

Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

One of the best things about the Terminator event is that it finally makes sense for the civilians to freak out when they see me.

Enlarge Image

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Ah, crap (my italics)
Ghosts,

Earlier this year, we shared that the new immersive mode and the Engineer class were coming by the end of February. After careful consideration by our development team, we have decided to move their release.

Our objective with the new immersive mode is to provide an impactful update to the game using your feedback as the foundation. The immersive mode is built upon the results of the Community Survey, your observations gathered by our Community Managers, and workshops with the Delta Company alongside extensive playtesting. We are in the process of creating an experience that will change the way you are able to play Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

The complexity of integrating this new mode has proven to be a challenge and we want to ensure that the experience will be a great one when it releases.

The immersive mode will still release this Spring, we’ll share more firm timing as soon as we are able.

The Engineer class will be released alongside the immersive mode and we are hoping to release Episode 2 with this Title Update as well.

We understand that you have been requesting more transparent communication and we aim to provide this whenever possible. There are a lot of moving parts in development which has made locking in dates challenging so we haven’t been able to communicate as much as we would have liked. We apologize for that and will be providing details on these upcoming additions starting early next month.

Check back in on March 5th for an intel drop on the immersive mode.

/The Ghost Recon Team
"The immersive mode will still release this Spring"...so, June? :evil:

"Check back in on March 5th for an intel drop on the immersive mode"... in? on? Make up your mind :doh:

So I guess I hold on to Uplay+ for The Division 2 and the new content, at least till I check it out next month.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

We finally have some more information on Immersive mode.... err, Ghost Experience

The video shows "March 24" which I hope is the release date, not the date when they are going to announce a future date :roll:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

And to follow up on the video there is a post over on the Ubisoft forum, The Ghost Experience: New Immersive Mode Coming to Ghost Recon Breakpoint . It is a long post so I've put it in spoiler tags...
Spoiler:
On March 24, the Ghost Experience is coming to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint. Pick one of our pre-selected settings or modify parameters to create the unique experience you want.

The Ghost Experience has been a complex undertaking to implement into the game, but one we feel is critical to address many of the top concerns raised by our community via online feedback and the Community Survey.

Last year, we invited eight members of the Delta Company to our Paris studio to see how closely our first concept of this mode matched up with their expectations. We were thrilled by the initial excitement that the Immersive Experience has the potential to bring back the tactical, authentic spec ops feeling that players want from Ghost Recon.

After months in development and several play tests with many types of players, including Delta Company members, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Wildlands players, and some entirely new to the franchise – we are ready to introduce the Ghost Experience to the game.

The Ghost Experience

Right when you boot up the game, you can choose from two preset options or build your own combination:

Regular Experience: Play Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint the way it was released, with gear score and tiered loot.
Immersive Experience: A brand-new experience of the game that removes gear level and tiered loot entirely, and offers a bunch of new tactical options.
Custom Experience: Choose your own selection of settings to create the perfect fit.

Create Your Ghost Experience

You’ll be able to choose from a variety of community-requested settings:

No Gear Level: Customize and keep the same weapon throughout your whole adventure. Quality tiers and item levels are disabled.
Realistic Looting: Loot your enemies’ weapon category and switch them realistically. Gear is found from missions, rewards, and crates.
Primary Weapon Quantity: Choose to carry 1 or 2 primary weapons. This was pre-released with TU 1.1.0, but will be fully realized with the Ghost Experience.
Ammo Loss on Reload: Remaining ammunition is lost when you change magazines.
Stamina Level: Adjust how much stamina you consume.
Bandage Quantity: Limit the number of bandages your Ghost can carry.
Risk of Injury: Choose the frequency of the injured status when wounded by enemy bullets.
Health Regen: Choose to limit, remove or increase your health regeneration.
New HUD Settings: Fine-tune your preferred HUD with new settings:
Mini-Map Minimal: Smaller map with less information on it.
Loot Notification Minimal: Smaller loot notification.
3D Loot Minimal: Smaller 3D loot drop.

Private Mode: Encounter only story characters and your direct co-op teammates in Erewhon.
Access to Maria’s Shop: Keep access to Maria’s Shop in bivouacs or limit it to Erewhon only.

We’ve seen a lot of speculation about permadeath in the immersive mode. To confirm, you will not be forced into a permadeath game mode as it is not a settings option included in the Ghost Experience.

Difficulty Setting

Both the Immersive and Regular Experiences can be played on any difficulty, which can be tweaked in the settings. The Ghost Experience breaks difficulty up into two different settings:

Difficulty – Enemies: Impacts time to detection, damage done to your Ghost by enemy fire, and enemy tactics.

This is the same difficulty setting options currently available: Easy, Normal, Advanced, and Extreme.

Both the Immersive and Regular Experiences are by default at the Normal setting of enemy difficulty.

Difficulty – Tactical: Covers settings that will impact the realism of your experience such as how many main weapon slots you have, bandage quantity, risk of injury, etc.

The Tactical Difficulty options will have four options that can be fully customized: Rookie, Confirmed, Veteran, and Elite.

For example, the Elite choice will have the following default settings:
Main Weapon Slot: 1
Bandage Quantity: Several
Risk of Injury: Always
Stamina Consumption: Extreme
Health Regeneration: None
Ammo Loss on Reload: On

The Immersive Experience by default has the Veteran Tactical Difficulty, while the Regular Experience has by default the Confirmed Tactical Difficulty.

Change Settings at Any Time

Once you select your mode or settings, you can change them at any time. Feel free to experiment with different options to create your perfect mode.

Play With Your Squad

Settings selected through the custom mode will not be shared with co-op teammates.

Just like when selecting your difficulty, your choices are session-specific meaning they will apply only to you. No matter which options you pick, you can play with your friends regardless of their own selections.

Gear Level Setting

Gear Level Enabled
This setting will work the same as the game does currently.

Level-Based Equipment: Weapons and gear will have levels. The higher they are, the more powerful the equipment will be. Your gear progression will be saved even when deactivating the Gear Level in game.
Loot / Stock / Equipment: You will receive equipment from chests, Maria’s shop, and fallen enemies. Stock up on weapons and gear in a loadout that you can change at will.
Blueprints at the Shop: Blueprints allow you to buy specific weapons at Maria’s shop with levels matching your loadout.

Gear Level Disabled
Disabling the Gear Level setting will have the following effects.

Unique Weapon Models: Each weapon model is unique (damage, rate of fire, range, etc.). Tune them with compatible attachments to adapt them to your playstyle.
Scavenging Weapons: Fallen enemies will drop weapons within the weapon category they were using, which you can swap with the one in your hands. You can only carry a limited amount of weapons on you.
Blueprints in the Loadout: Blueprints allow you to equip specific weapons in a bivouac or Erewhon.

Switching Between Modes

After you toggle Gear Level on and off for the first time, your loadout with that setting will be saved for the next time you choose either Gear Level activated or deactivated.

Your Gear Level will continue to be tracked based on your progress and actions completed in the world (e.g. enemies defeated, bases cleared, quests completed) to ensure that you can switch back to the Gear Level enabled setting with a comparable Gear Level.

Ghost War and Project Titan

The Raid and Ghost War will continue to use Gear Level. The first time you toggle the Gear Level settings on or off, your current loadout will be duplicated.

Project Titan

Project Titan will only be accessible with Gear Level enabled. Several PvE settings will be also be overridden for the duration of your time in the raid: Difficulty – Enemies, Difficulty – Tactical, and Exploration Mode.

Ghost War

When you go into Ghost War, you will automatically have your Gear Level setting turned on and several PvE settings will be overridden: Difficulty – Enemies, Difficulty – Tactical, and Exploration Mode.

When you return to PvE, your settings will return to what you had them set to before entering Ghost War.

The Future of the Ghost Experience

As stated in our follow-up Moving Forward letter, this update is our most complex and challenging to date. We are relying on your feedback to help us be reactive and prioritize anything pressing that arises.

Our team built the Ghost Experience on the foundation of your feedback and it is something that we hope to continue growing during the post-launch of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint as an evolving mode.

We can’t wait to see your reaction to the Ghost Experience on March 24 and hear your thoughts!
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

There is also this: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint: Developer Update. Again, I've put it in spoiler tags since it is rather long. There are a lot of changes coming with the title update TU 2.0.0 planned for release on March 24th, beyond the Immersive Experience. The new Engineer Class will be released as well as Episode 2 - Deep State. Also there are a bunch of changes to the game including some very needed fixes for the inventory system. So even if you prefer to play with the Gear Level system enabled there will be a number of improvements to help with all those items.
Spoiler:
Ghosts –
We know that many of you have been eagerly awaiting to hear more about our plans for the future of the game, and our team is excited to finally be able to share an update about what we have been working on!
First, we wanted to thank all of you that participated in the Terminator Live Event. We were so happy to see players jump back into the game to take on one of the most badass enemies we’ve introduced to the franchise.

But enough about the past. We want to talk about the future of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

TU 2.0.0
TU 2.0.0, currently slated for March 24, will be our biggest, most complex update to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, which will include new narrative content tied to Episode 2, PvP updates, new classes, many quality-of-life updates, as well as the new Immersive Experience for the game, called the Ghost Experience!

GHOST EXPERIENCE
After the launch of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint, we decided to shift our approach and refocus our priorities as a team.
Gathering all of the data and feedback we could, our team created the Ghost Experience – a game mode that will give our players the option to create their own personal spec-ops journey.
After months in development and several play tests with many types of players, including Delta Company members, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Wildlands players, and new players of the franchise, we are now ready to introduce the Ghost Experience to you all.
Right when you boot up the game, you will be able to choose from two preset options or build your own combination:
• Regular Experience: Play Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint the way it was released, with gear level and tiered loot.
• Immersive Experience: A brand-new experience of the game that removes gear level and tiered loot entirely, and offers new tactical options.
• Custom Experience: Choose your own selection of settings to create a personalized fit.
You’ll be able to choose from a variety of community-requested settings, such as stamina management, health regen, new HUD settings, and more!
For additional information on the Ghost Experience, check out our dedicated article here.
As we said in our last update, developing and integrating this mode has been a complex challenge that we’re now almost ready to put in your hands. We can’t wait to see how you engage with this new mode on Tuesday, March 24.

EPISODE 2 – DEEP STATE
Episode 2 will start on March 24 with the release of TU 2.0.0. Kicking off the episode is a brand-new adventure, Deep State, which will be available automatically to all Year 1 Pass owners.

AND MANY MORE ADDITIONS!

ENGINEER CLASS
With TU 2.0.0, the Engineer class will be introduced to the game! Engineers deal more damage to drones, carry extra offensive items, and have a buff to grenade launchers.

Their special ability is the Defensive Drone, which will attack nearby enemies. Their class tool is the Ammo Supply Drone, which will bring their allies an extra magazine.
Year 1 Pass owners will have exclusive access to the Engineer class for one week starting on Tuesday, March 24.

COMMUNITY REQUESTED UPDATES
This TU will also include updates on many of the frequent requests we have seen from the community, including:
• Camera Placement: Choose whether the camera will dynamically adapt its distance depending on the situation: staying close, or moving further from the character.
○ Dynamic: Camera dynamically shifts between close during combat and far out of combat. This is how the camera currently works in the game.
○ Close: Camera stays close to the player character.
○ Far: Camera stays far from the player character.
• Increased Weapon Parts: Players will get more low-quality weapon parts for dismantling.
• Better Weapon/Gear Sorting Options:
○ Favorite System: When hovering over an item, in the loadout or in the shop, players can mark an item as a favorite. Once it is a favorite, it cannot be dismantled or sold until deselected.
○ Optimize Gear: A new button appears in the loadout only when Gear Level is activated. When pressed, the player will instantly equip all the best gear present in their inventory. This applies only to gear, not weapons.
○ Weapons/Gear Sorting: New sorting options added for better usability.
• Sell All: Players can now sell all non-favorite and non-equipped items.
• Dismantle All: When in a weapon or gear selection page, players can choose to dismantle all non-favorited and non-equipped items in this category.
• Option to Quick-Equip New Gear/Weapons: When looting an item, players can now equip it immediately by holding a button input as shown in the loot notification window.
• Walker & Hill Figures: The figures will be re-introduced in the game with the release of TU 2.0.0.
• Base Jump:
○ Created new platforms to BASE jump from in key areas.
○ Updated systems in-game which create a more permissive BASE jump experience.
○ Reduced the auto-deploy distance to allow for more time BASE-jumping before deploying the parachute.
• Vehicles: Improvements have been made to helicopter immersion, bike animations, and general handling debugging.
• Respawn System Improvements:
○ Added new respawn points to relevant/highly traversed areas of the map.
○ Players will no longer respawn to the closest point geographically. Instead, they will respawn to the latest location they went through before dying to avoid spawning in a location they have not visited before.
• Gunsmith Updates:
○ Most assault rifles will now be able to equip short barrel options (some ASR models have been omitted as their real-life counterparts do not have short barrel options).
○ TA31H added to 27 weapons with emphasis on Assault Rifles.
We are beginning work on the Gunsmith and will have more updates to come. In upcoming TUs we’ll add trigger customization and more to the feature, so please continue giving us feedback!
We’ve done our best preparation to ensure that the new systems introduced in the TU with the Ghost Experience work smoothly with existing ones, but we know that there will be things that only get exposed when accessed by hundreds of thousands of people. We are committed to addressing the issues that may arise as quickly as we can and keeping you apprised of our progress on them.
Check back in with us closer to the release date of the TU for our full Patch Notes list.
GHOST WAR
Coming in Episode 2, we will also release updates to Ghost War, including new maps and a map voting function!

COMING UP FOR GHOST RECON

COMMUNITY SURVEY UPDATE
As a follow-up to the Community Survey, we want to give a status update on the big topics we’ve made progress on so far that aren’t addressed above.
Enemy AI Improvements
• (IN-PROGRESS) We are continuing general debugging for TU 2.0.0., especially regarding NPC packing.
Ability to Sprint in Erewhon
• (CLOSED) After investigating the resources needed to implement this, the team has decided not to focus on it and is investing time in other areas.
AI Teammates
• (IN-PROGRESS) Our team is continuing to work on AI Teammates for implementation in Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint. We’ll share another update with you in the coming months.
Offline Mode
Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint was built from the ground up to be an online experience. We heavily investigated the possibility of adding the option of an offline mode, but we were not able to come up with a solution that did not create an unacceptable amount of technical risks.
However, with TU 2.0.0, we are implementing an update that we hope will alleviate some of the frustration players experience with poor internet connection.
Our team identified that the service that was most difficult for players with inconsistent connections was the one that enabled matchmaking. With this new update, players who cannot maintain a sustained connection to matchmaking services will still be able to play solo PvE without being disconnected.
These players will still have all of the functionality of the game except access to multiplayer modes. While in this mode, your Friends List will appear empty.
The game will regularly re-test this connection in the background without impacting your play. You will be able to manually trigger a re-test of the connection by initiating matchmaking in multiplayer modes.

RAID 2 CANCELLATION
Our team was humbled and grateful to receive your feedback on Project Titan, which was something entirely new for us and for Ghost Recon as a franchise. In our original Year 1 plan, we wanted to follow up Project Titan with another raid. However, we want to make sure we are allocating our resources in the best places to create better experiences for our players.
With this in mind, we have made the decision to replace the second raid with a future update to the Ghost Experience. Based on all the player feedback we’ve received online and in play testing, our team is confident that deepening the Ghost Experience is the right direction for the game.

YEAR 1 PASS
With the delays of recent content, we’ve seen questions from our Year 1 Pass owners. The Year 1 Pass ends when we have delivered all of the following content:
• The Siren's Call Day 1 mission.
• Two upcoming new adventures in Auroa.
• An early unlock for 3 new classes.
• The Special Operations Forces Pack.
Regardless of the release date, all Year 1 Pass owners will get access to the two upcoming adventures starting with Deep State, as well as early unlock for three new classes starting with the release of the Engineer.

THANK YOU
We’re very excited to have our community try out the Ghost Experience and Episode 2 content, and we are looking forward to your feedback. Our team wants to keep improving and building upon it, so please share your thoughts with us.
We hope to see you on March 24 to play the Ghost Experience in the game!

From <https://ghost-recon.ubisoft.com/game/en ... per-update>
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Breakpoint: Deep State Teaser. Sam Fisher returns in a new Ghost Recon Breakpoint adventure on March 24.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

This is $20 on uplay right now, if you have 100 points to spare, you can make it $16 (or $28 for the gold edition).
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've been keeping up my Uplay+ account and have GRB installed so after I get the patch downloaded on Tuesday (assuming it doesn't slip :doh:) I'll be starting a new character in Immersive Mode. I'll post some impressions later in the day if everything updates OK, it's not like I have somewhere else to go :roll:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Two new posts from Ubisoft. The first, Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint Episode 2: Deep State, contains more info on Episode 2, Deep State, which will contain "7+ hours of new content, filled with 8 Story Missions and 10 exclusive Splinter Cell-themed rewards". Also, info on the two new classes introduced, The Echelon Class and The Engineer Class:
The Echelon Class:
This new class coming to Ghost Recon® Breakpoint is for players who want to have a stealth, lethal approach in combat. It includes a set of special abilities and skills that will help players deal with any type of enemy.
• Special ability – Sonar Vision: Triggers a new filtered vision with regular wave pulses that highlight the silhouette of enemies, even those hidden behind walls, and marks them. It can also disturb drones. (AOE and frequency of pulses reduced in PvP)
• Special tool – Shock Pistol: Eliminates enemies stealthily, and temporarily put drones to sleep or stuns them, if they’ve detected you.
• Passive skills:
○ Reflex Shot: Auto-aim with handgun when being detected (not available in PvP)
○ Shadow Master: Shadow stealth boost and silent moves (less efficient in PvP)
○ Handgun Proficiency: Damage boost and no silencer malus. (less efficient in PvP)

The Engineer Class:
Episode 2, Deep State, brings another class, the Engineer, which allows players to fight in a new style by providing them with more tech tools and specific boosts to defeat the enemies.
• Special ability – Defensive Drone: Attacks nearby enemies (less efficient in PvP)
• Special tool – Supply Drone: Gives allies an extra magazine (buffed ammo, less efficient in PvP)
• Passive skills:
○ +10% Grenade Launcher AOE: Level 2 + 20% (less efficient in PvP)
○ +5% Drone Damage: Level 2 + 10% in all modes (not in PvP)

Please note that both classes will be free for all users, but Year 1 Pass owners will get an instant unlock of the class at launch, no Skill Points needed, as well as one-week early access.
There is also info on new PvP content.

The second post are the actual title update 2.0.0 patch notes and they are very extensive. The big change is the new Ghost Experience. See a few posts above. We also have the two new classes, the new Episode 2 Deep State content, new gunsmith options, a number of fixes for inventory management, new items in Maria's shop, plus a bunch of fixes and UI enhancements. Also, there now some new enhancements to the BASE jumping abilities, including new platforms to BASE jump from in key areas.

I'm torn now between continuing into Episode 2 using the new classes or starting a new character and going full Ghost Experience. It's nice to have new options :D

UPDATE: Forgot to mention this:
Please note: Whether you purchased a digital or a physical edition of the game, you will need to download the patch before playing. The size of the patch depends on your platform, region, and preferred language.

Xbox One: 30 GB
PlayStation®4 system: 17 GB
PC: 15.5 GB

The patch on Xbox One does not contain any additional content.
UPDATE TO THE UPDATE:
[Maintenance] March 24, 2020 - TU 2.0.0 Deployment

The servers will shut down for a scheduled maintenance tomorrow, March 24, at 10:00 CET / 05:00 EDT / 02:00 PDT to deploy TU 2.0.0. across all platforms.

Estimated downtime: 3 hours.
So you should be able to start downloading the update after 8am EDT.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

For anyone who doesn't already have the game, there's a free weekend coming up to let you have a taste.
Enlarge Image

System requirements

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »