Elder Scrolls Skyrim thread

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

dbt1949

Re: Elder Scrolls Skyrim thread

Post by dbt1949 »

Sounded interesting enough I'm downloading it now. All 12 and a half Gig!
I had to make room on my harddrive.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm grabbing it as well.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Huh. This is by the same people, in the same world, and is a semi-sequel of Arktwend (for Morrowind) and Nehrim (for Oblivion.) I had no idea.
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

Early Enderal impressions: the opening sequence was one of the most disturbing things I've experienced in a game in a long time. I don't think I was mentally prepared for it at all lol. The rest of the preface section was pretty much standard fare, but it really feels like you are playing a completely different/new game. I'm still amazed people put this together on their own and offering it up for free.

My only minor complaint is there is a bit of "pixel hunting" that can be a bother. Maybe there's some way to make it easier but there was an early doodad I had to scour the graphics with to find in order to progress. I'm hoping the main game doesn't have too much puzzle/item search.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I don't recall that at all. So I'm going to go with "no"?

The main thing I ran into was all the plants. I wanted to pick them. But they are just window dressing. Only the regular assets from Skyrim can be picked.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
mori

Post by mori »

Started playing Skyrim SE. It has been 6 years since I touched Skyrim. Amazing how familiar this world is even after all that time. Playing mostly vanilla. I did install a mod that adds a town only that it is destroyed and the player can rebuild it. I do not know why I installed it because this is exactly the type of thing that would distract me and I would devote all my time trying to rebuild the town until I get bored of the game. So I will ignore the mod. I want to finish the main quest this time.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

I play it about once or maybe twice a year. Just finished it again about a month back.
You mod sounds interesting.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
morlac

Post by morlac »

I believe that is Helgen Reborn mod.

I am in my annual play session as well. Best running Modded play through ever for me, not a single CTD, graphic/assets issue or glitch in 15 hours of play. Vortex Mod manager is the bees knees and made my 60+ mod build so simple and easy I am actually playing the real game and the not the Meta Mod game. Really just thrilled, 9 years later it finally works with the mods I wanted :).
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I tried Helgen Reborn once. Totally f'd up my game because I had it on when I started and it bugged it up bad. Once I got past the intro that uses the city as a destruction phase it was better but still messed up the wagon ride into it.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

The most important thing with any mod is to read the mod info before installing. It solves about 90% of issues people have. From the Helgen Reborn page:
If you are starting a new character it is imperative that you leave Helgen Reborn UNCHECKED until you exit the cave with Hadvar/Ralof. Make a NEW hard save right there and load my plugin. It's fine if it is installed, just uncheck it in your plugin list until you exit the cave. The reason for this is if you try to start a new game from the main menu with my mod loaded it will likely place you standing by the cart you're supposed to be in, or several other strange behaviors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I loved my last mod setup. Took me over a week. Scroll back in this thread for the pics. I thought it was beautiful.
mori

Post by mori »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

OMG you arseholes. Now Ive started visiting Skyrim SE Nexus. Thanks. Thanks a lot. GRrrrr
morlac

Post by morlac »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Feb 04, 2020 11:15 pm OMG you arseholes. Now Ive started visiting Skyrim SE Nexus. Thanks. Thanks a lot. GRrrrr
You want my mod list? :twisted:
mori

Post by mori »

I was watching an ESO Youtube video and thought his NPC's looked beautiful and that is what I wanted. Sadly he does not really post what mods he is running so I went looking. I unticked the allow adult content at Nexus mods, what a mistake. How sad so many are modeling huge boobs and vajajas, along with a few schlongs. All the adults must of moved on to Fallout 4 years ago. And you would think after all these years I could download 7zip and modify my game with the latest SKSE, but those skills seem to have departed.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The giant hooters are so laughable. Not sure what age people are making those horrendous things.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:19 pm The giant hooters are so laughable. Not sure what age people are making those horrendous things.
I'd wager anywhere from 14 to 75, as long as they've got a streak of thinking that's the most important part of a woman. I personally find those mods grotesque and unnatural.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Paingod wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:24 am
Daehawk wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 11:19 pm The giant hooters are so laughable. Not sure what age people are making those horrendous things.
I'd wager anywhere from 14 to 75, as long as they've got a streak of thinking that's the most important part of a woman.
There are plenty of improved AI mods, too. ;)
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 12:29 pm
Paingod wrote: Thu Feb 13, 2020 9:24 am
I'd wager anywhere from 14 to 75, as long as they've got a streak of thinking that's the most important part of a woman.
There are plenty of improved AI mods, too. ;)
Well, yeah... :D ... this thread had me rebuilding my Skyrim SE mod library (I lost my array when my HD died last year). One of the things I added that I didn't have last time was more NPC AI stuff. Funny, I spent a couple hours browsing mods and building the kit but never played the game. It's ready when I am.
Black Lives Matter

mori

Post by mori »

Finished the main quest. Only took 10 years.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

They feel like...bags...of sand.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Suitably Ironic Moniker wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:09 pm
They feel like...bags...of sand.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
mori

Post by mori »

Found the Blackthorn mod that adds a buildable town to the game is not for me. Too much little stuff to do. I do not want to build every bed, table, and latrine in town. And the amount of income the player makes once the economy gets going is ridiculous. I think most of that money is from my town guard who spend more time in the tavern than guarding the town.

Another mod I have been using is Anna NPCs. It adds quite a bit of immersion. The author and voice actors did a really good job. Just have to limit the number of followers I take with me on my adventures or else I do not have to do any fighting and it's like herding cats.

Other than that just graphic improvements and SkyUI.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

If I ever return to this Im going to look for a good mod that randomizes NPCs physical look. Everyone the same height and weight bothers me. I saw one years ago but it wasn't very good at it's job.
mori

Post by mori »

Started a new playthrough and this time going away from my usual heavy armor warrior type. This time trying to go mage but found myself using bows for that nice sneak attack.
Created an attractive character but she looks like a little girl next to the goddess that is Lydia :D . I started out vanilla but I think I have over 20 mods running now.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

The last 3-4 playthrus I've gone with the bowmen and light armor. Had a blast.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Enlarge Image
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im always tempted to play Imperial cause Ive never ever played that story side plus they are like Romans it seems. But they are assholes in the Stomecloaks lands forcing them to do as they say. And Stormcloaks are like Scottish so I always go Stormcloak.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Dig in to it far enough and you find the Stormcloaks are just as much an asshole as the Imperials. Plus the Imperials have their reasons and quite so bad as you think.
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

dbt1949 wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 9:22 pm Dig in to it far enough and you find the Stormcloaks are just as much an asshole as the Imperials. Plus the Imperials have their reasons and quite so bad as you think.
Maybe....but they also tried to kill me for no reason and didn't even look into it. I always want to kill that woman Imperial sending me to the block. Also again the Imps are allied with those asshole elves I love to kill the Thelsamar. Oh! And they banned Talos!...I just threw that one in there :P
mori

Post by mori »

Last time I sided with Imperial but not a decision I made. The Blackthorn mod had town guards attack the Stormcloaks so I was forever hostile to them. So I ended the civil war for the Imperials just to get it over with. This time I am going Stormcloack,
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:23 pm Enlarge Image
Q.F.T.

I laughed. SO. DAMN. TRUE.

EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. TIME. :D

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Suitably Ironic Moniker

Post by Suitably Ironic Moniker »

Yeah, that’s me in all Elder Scrolls games.
When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-sized bed and wondered where my brother was. - Mitch Hedberg
Fardaza

Post by Fardaza »

Started a new playthru about a week ago. Thought I'd play an illusionist sneak. It's really hard to get anything to attack its mates at low levels with Fury. So I find myself building up sneak, 1-handed, and bow.

Again.
mori

Post by mori »

I have been playing this quite a lot over the last several months. Enjoying my last playthrough as a conjuration/destruction mage. Completed the main quest, mage college, thieves guild, civil war, Blades, Dawnguard, about half way through with the Dragonborn DLC when my save would CTD whenever I attempted to enter Skyrim proper. Ended up with over 60 mods mostly aesthetic mods. Even some cough adult mods cough.
Spoiler:
I added the sexlab stuff because I had a fantasy of having a threesome with Aela and Mjoll. But after that I realized it was juvenile and misogynistic and set it aside and forgot about it. Then I was fighting a dragon outside of Morthal with my party and a town guard. After slaying the dragon a window popped saying people where celebrating and throwing off their clothes and it was about to get carnal. So I joined in. That guard had one hell of a tale to tell his mates for when he got back to the bunkhouse that night :horse: .
I will probably set this aside for awhile since I do not really want to start from scratch again just to finish Dragonborn. I had the game looking really good and not at all like a 9 year old game. If I do it again I need to do The Companions questline.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Glad I posted my mod load list on page 62. If I ever go back to this one day Ill do all those then add some more. The pics I posted on page 61 looked amazing.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

TheMix wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 5:28 pm
Isgrimnur wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 8:23 pm Enlarge Image
Q.F.T.

I laughed. SO. DAMN. TRUE.

EVERY. SINGLE. DAMN. TIME. :D
There's just no substitute for reaching out and touching a hostile NPC at 100 yards with a sneak attack so powerful his body cartwheels into the next region.

I've played a mage, warrior, and thief with combinations and variations on themes. The one thing they all have in common is Light Armor and Bows. I don't get it... :oops: ... it always starts with "I just need a bow so I can pull them safely; I don't have the melee or armor skill yet to survive a frontal attack" and ends up with "Well, they're all pin-cushioned now..."
Black Lives Matter

Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Archery in Skyrim is just so satisfying.
Hyena

Post by Hyena »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Jul 13, 2020 11:18 am Archery in Skyrim is just so satisfying.
Agreed. I feel the same way about Mount & Blade. There's just something so...zen about being able to angle my cursor two inches ahead of an enemy, release, and get the notification of a head shot over a second and a half later.
"You laugh at me because I'm different; I laugh at you because you're all the same." ~Jonathan Davis

"The object of education is to prepare the young to educate themselves throughout their lives." ~Robert M. Hutchins
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Oliver88 wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:07 am I am looking for information or a good guide on housing. Someone can recommend some good article?
Modded housing, or the choices that ship with the game?