You Tube Videos Don't Play

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Jaymann

You Tube Videos Don't Play

Post by Jaymann »

Linked videos in posts no longer play. I can go to You Tube if I really want to see them. I use Firefox.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: You Tube Videos Don't Play

Post by ImLawBoy »

They work fine for me in Firefox.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Try using the Invidition extension. It redirects YouTube links to the alternative ad-free, privacy-friendly, Invidio.us interface.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Anonymous Bosch wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:02 pm Try using the Invidition extension. It redirects YouTube links to the alternative ad-free, privacy-friendly, Invidio.us interface.
Well I tried it and it didn't work - the play arrow didn't even show up. So I removed it and they started working again. I guess the threat is mightier than the execution.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

They failed for me the other day..like 4 or 5 days ago I think....then started working again.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Jaymann wrote: Sat Mar 28, 2020 11:38 pm
Anonymous Bosch wrote: Thu Mar 26, 2020 7:02 pm Try using the Invidition extension. It redirects YouTube links to the alternative ad-free, privacy-friendly, Invidio.us interface.
Well I tried it and it didn't work - the play arrow didn't even show up. So I removed it and they started working again. I guess the threat is mightier than the execution.
If you find it's not working try switching to another instance, i.e. click on the Invidition button, then select a different server from the pull-down menu above the 'Audio Mode' and 'Loop Mode' toggles. Or just click on the 'Fastest' button to the right of that pull-down menu, and it should automatically select the fastest instance for you.

Google sometimes bans or throttles Invidious instances, which is why it helps to try using a different instance if you run into problems.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke