Is ObamaGate going to make Watergate look like amateur hour?

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Will ObamaGate make WaterGate look like amateur hour?

Yes
6%
No
22%
Maybe
No votes
The mainstream media says there is no such thing
3%
I hate you
6%
You live under a bridge
63%

Total votes: 32

em2nought

Is ObamaGate going to make Watergate look like amateur hour?

Post by em2nought »

So it looks like #ObamaGate is going to be a thing. So would you be happy to be IRS audited because you held a different point of view than the leader of the free world? Would you mind having to take a deal from people who are bigger criminals than yourself in order to have your children left alone? Will Bill Barr meet an untimely demise? Lethargic minds want to know. :mrgreen:
Last edited by em2nought on Tue May 12, 2020 6:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Scraper

Re: Is ObamaGate going to make Watergate look like amateur hour?

Post by Scraper »

I know I shouldn't be feeding the troll but I am genuinely curious what "news" sites you are using to even come up with the term ObamaGate.
FTE
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

The answer to your question is no.

To the non-derp community - yesterday Trump at a press conference made a general rant about "Obamagate". It's unclear what he was talking about - Trump said “You know what the crime is. The crime is very obvious to everybody, all you have to do is read the newspapers.” Probably connected to his desires to investigate Obama officials and everyone involved in starting the Russia investigation.
Black Lives Matter.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

Considering even Moscow Mitch doesn't want to touch this with a 10 foot pole, I'm not concerned in the slightest. Just more ramblings from Trump's syphillitic decaying brain.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Oh, yes. As a conspiracy theory, Obamagate will blow Watergate - an actual event - out of the water.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

I suppose it's no coincidence to derp world that Obama finally spoke out about the total disaster Trump's response to the Corono virus has been and then Trump rage tweets "ObamaGate". Because we all know Trump would never set the DOJ or Rudy Guiliani lose on a political errand. :roll:

This is the world we live in. An actual investigation carried out by the FBI and then prosecuted by the DOJ with dozens of indictments and several guilty convictions in court is a deep state fraud to them. But Trump simply saying "you know what I mean about ObamaGate" is enough to create a controversy and I'm sure in their minds Obama should be locked up for something. The thought process it takes to go along with that is mind numbing.
Last edited by Scraper on Tue May 12, 2020 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
FTE
Scraper

Post by Scraper »

Oh and I didn't answer the poll because there should be a "You are just trolling" option. Clicking I hate you gives you too much credit.
FTE
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

What “sucks about you” is that you will not come back here and even remotely explain anything to us.

What is Obamagate?
What’s the crime ?

Care to actually talk about it? Convince someone of something? Explain something to someone ?

No, this is just you trolling for attention from a group of people you clearly admire who don’t admire you back. Doing the only thing you know, thinking shallow and trying to justify your own self loathing.

I voted: No
Last edited by Unagi on Tue May 12, 2020 9:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

I, for one, fully encourage them to set the precedent that previous presidents can now be investigated. I'm sure that will turn out really well for Trump once he's out of office, and have little concern about whatever fever dream they've cooked up about Obama.

So by all means, please proceed.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
msteelers

Post by msteelers »

Skinypupy wrote:I, for one, fully encourage them to set the precedent that previous presidents can now be investigated. I'm sure that will turn out really well for Trump once he's out of office, and have little concern about whatever fever dream they've cooked up about Obama.

So by all means, please proceed.
Trump isn’t worried about that. He has no intentions of leaving office alive.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I have seen photographic evidence that he actually wore a tan suit while in office, so yes, it dwarfs Watergate.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Jaymann wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:21 amI have seen photographic evidence that he actually wore a tan suit while in office, so yes, it dwarfs Watergate.
You know who else wore a tan suit? Reagan. This conspiracy goes back decades. That's right. It's proof that Obama had a hand in pushing the Republican party and the whole country right to the brink of civil war. It's undeniable; the evidence is as easy as a simple Google search.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

People, Obama gate is real.

It's in Hyde Park. I seen it.

" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

em2nought wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:34 am So it looks like #ObamaGate is going to be a thing. So would you be happy to be IRS audited because you held a different point of view than the leader of the free world? Would you mind having to take a deal from people who are bigger criminals than yourself in order to have your children left alone? Will Bill Barr meet an untimely demise? Lethargic minds want to know. :mrgreen:
According to Trump, the President has "absolute authority" under Article II. In addition, the president has claimed authority to get any classified information he wants and do with it what he wants, he can launch any investigation he wants and target anyone he wants. This was Trump's argument throughout the Mueller investigation and the Ukraine investigation. So what are you complaining about?

Of course, not that they are the same thing. Obama was rightly informed about an investigation into interference in our elections by a foreign power as any president should. Obama was rightly concerned about a counter intelligence investigation into Flynn and informed because Flynn had lied to the Vice President and was subject to Russian blackmail. And of course, no one, absolutely no one, forced Flynn to lie to the FBI. And how long exactly have you been concerned about prosecutors leveraging family members in prosecutions? Prosecutors leverage cases against family members all the time to get plea deals from who they really want - and they couldn't have done this unless Flynn's son had himself done something wrong to begin with. No crime, no way to use the son as leverage.

So, now, I'd like to see your substantive response to my comments. Otherwise, you're nothing that a cheap troll and a hypocrite.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Grifman wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:57 am So, now, I'd like to see your substantive response to my comments.
:lol:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:47 am People, Obama gate is real.

It's in Hyde Park. I seen it.
That's a very nice gate.
Black Lives Matter
noxiousdog

Post by noxiousdog »

"Pity" isn't an option so I chose hate as it's the closest answer.
Black Lives Matter

"To wield Grond, the mighty hammer of the Federal Government, is to be intoxicated with power beyond what you and I can reckon (though I figure we can ball park it pretty good with computers and maths). Need to tunnel through a mountain? Grond. Kill a mighty ogre? Grond. Hangnail? Grond. Spider? Grond (actually, that's a legit use, moreso than the rest)." - Peacedog
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Senate Republicans vote no.
Last edited by Alefroth on Tue May 12, 2020 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Scraper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:09 am Oh and I didn't answer the poll because there should be a "You are just trolling" option. Clicking I hate you gives you too much credit.
I was looking for the obvious troll is obvious option.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Alefroth wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 12:33 pm
Scraper wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:09 am Oh and I didn't answer the poll because there should be a "You are just trolling" option. Clicking I hate you gives you too much credit.
I was looking for the obvious troll is obvious option.
"Strange response. The only way to select it is to not click."
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

Unagi wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 am a group of people you clearly admire
I do find this to be a knowledgeable group in most respects. :wink:

I have added another option to the poll

Apparently I have unknowingly erased all previous responses, sorry.
Technically, he shouldn't be here.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I would vote for:

He Hate Me
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

em2nought wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 6:55 pm
Unagi wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:39 am a group of people you clearly admire
I do find this to be a knowledgeable group in most respects. :wink:

I have added another option to the poll

Apparently I have unknowingly erased all previous responses, sorry.
I'm sure Unagi and noxiousdog will get over it.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Man, Trump is desperate to make this a thing. He’s going to keep constantly using it for another 2 to 3 weeks...then a shiny marble will catch his eye and he’ll forget all about Obamagate as he anxiously describes El Grande Marble to his handlers over dinner that night.
Covfefe!
Defiant

Post by Defiant »

I guess Trump had so many scandals of his own, he's now exporting them to other presidencies?
Exodor

Post by Exodor »

em2nought wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 2:34 am So it looks like #ObamaGate is going to be a thing. So would you be happy to be IRS audited because you held a different point of view than the leader of the free world? Would you mind having to take a deal from people who are bigger criminals than yourself in order to have your children left alone? Will Bill Barr meet an untimely demise? Lethargic minds want to know. :mrgreen:

I actually spent 10 minutes or so wallowing in the depths of right-wing conspiracy twitter yesterday trying to find out what, exactly, Obamagate is and everywhere I looked was just as vague and meaningless as Trump's response when asked what crime was committed.

I want those 10 minutes back.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I will say, it's kind of bizarre and almost comical now, but if Trump gets reelected, I think it's more likely than not that various Obama administration officials will face criminal prosecution before 2024.
Black Lives Matter.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Exodor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:25 pm Image
Context:

It's almost as if people are the problem.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

El Guapo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:45 pm I will say, it's kind of bizarre and almost comical now, but if Trump gets reelected, I think it's more likely than not that various Obama administration officials will face criminal prosecution before 2024.
Before 2024? I have no doubts he's going to push for charges to be filed over the next 3 months - which is fair, because you know what Obama did.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:58 pm
El Guapo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:45 pm I will say, it's kind of bizarre and almost comical now, but if Trump gets reelected, I think it's more likely than not that various Obama administration officials will face criminal prosecution before 2024.
Before 2024? I have no doubts he's going to push for charges to be filed over the next 3 months - which is fair, because you know what Obama did.
Doing prosecutions now would be super risky politically, and Barr knows that. I expect he'd be able to keep him at bay on that this year.
Black Lives Matter.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Isgrimnur wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:50 pm
Exodor wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 10:25 pm Image
Context:

This is why I don't get high before town meetings.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Trump can’t even Benghazi! without screwing up. Amateur.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

As distractions go, this won't buy him more than a few days in the real world. In the unreal world, it's pizzagate *100.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hepcat wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:27 pmMan, Trump is desperate to make this a thing.
He'd rather see this than #100000dead or #coronaflop or whatever else Twitter has in store for him.
Black Lives Matter

Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 9:27 pm Man, Trump is desperate to make this a thing. He’s going to keep constantly using it for another 2 to 3 weeks...then a shiny marble will catch his eye and he’ll forget all about Obamagate as he anxiously describes El Grande Marble to his handlers over dinner that night.
I'd agree with you if it were only about attacking Obama.

But the core of "Obamagate" is the claim that the entire Russia investigation--every angle and every finding--was a fabrication by Dems and the Deep State to cripple Trump's presidency. Since the investigation is a deep wound to Trump's narcissism, he'll never let it go while he can still pick at it.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

El Guapo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:05 pmDoing prosecutions now would be super risky politically, and Barr knows that. I expect he'd be able to keep him at bay on that this year.
Well, if there's one thing we can count on its that Trump consistently makes sound decisions regarding the Office of the Presidency - he's a political genius. Stable even.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

El Guapo wrote: Tue May 12, 2020 11:05 pm
Doing prosecutions now would be super risky politically, and Barr knows that. I expect he'd be able to keep him at bay on that this year.
They don't need to prosecute. They just need to announce investigations. And it seems likely to happen this summer. They are lining it all up now.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

malchior wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:21 pm
They don't need to prosecute. They just need to announce investigations. And it seems likely to happen this summer. They are lining it all up now.
Oh, I know. My point was just that I think that Obama officials will actually get charged during a Trump second term. But yeah, for the election, Barr just needs to and will announce investigations.
Black Lives Matter.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

malchior wrote: Wed May 13, 2020 5:21 pm

If I were a Senator or Congressman, the first person I would call to testify about the biggest political crime and scandal in the history of the USA, by FAR, is former President Obama. He knew EVERYTHING. Do it @LindseyGrahamSC, just do it. No more Mr. Nice Guy. No more talk!
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 12:02 pm
If I were a Senator or Congressman, the first person I would call to testify about the biggest political crime and scandal in the history of the USA, by FAR, is former President Obama. He knew EVERYTHING. Do it @LindseyGrahamSC, just do it. No more Mr. Nice Guy. No more talk!
(Obama Voice) Well .. Senator Graham .. I'm not entirely sure why I'm here today .. unless you're handing out gift cards for ice cream. That .. sounds like a better use of everyone's time. When an angry monkey .. throws feces into the air .. it's really not the zookeeper's job to catch it. In fact .. I'm not even sure why you'd try and throw it at anyone else after you did.
Black Lives Matter