Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Origins Discovery Tours are both free till 5/21

The walrus awaits.

Moderator: The Preacher

jztemple2

Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Origins Discovery Tours are both free till 5/21

Post by jztemple2 »

Free games: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Origins Discovery Tours are both free, well, till May 21st :wink:
Looking for some free PC games that will help you learn something? Good news – Ubisoft is giving you that chance. The educational Discovery Tour modes for both Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Assassin’s Creed Origins are now free to keep through the publisher’s Uplay store. The promotions only last for a limited time, so hop to it.

You can head to the Ubisoft giveaways page to claim both Discovery Tour: Ancient Greece and Discovery Tour: Ancient Egypt from now until May 21 at 11:00 EDT / 14:00 EDT / 19:00 BST. Once you’ve claimed the games, they will remain in your library forever, so you can partake in the history lessons whenever you want.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Z-Corn

Re: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Origins Discovery Tours are both free till 5/21

Post by Z-Corn »

So is it a game or are they tryin' to trick me into learnin'!?
hitbyambulance

Re: Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Origins Discovery Tours are both free till 5/21

Post by hitbyambulance »

i believe the term is 'edutainment'
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Uplay seems to be offline right now, I presume as a result of interest in this giveaway.

I'm going to go ahead and assume I'll never need to buy another AssCreed game... they just keep giving them all away for free. Of course, I never got further than halfway through the first one. Pretty sure I'll never catch up with the other sixteen.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Victoria Raverna

Post by Victoria Raverna »

Sudy wrote: Thu May 14, 2020 11:54 pm Uplay seems to be offline right now, I presume as a result of interest in this giveaway.

I'm going to go ahead and assume I'll never need to buy another AssCreed game... they just keep giving them all away for free. Of course, I never got further than halfway through the first one. Pretty sure I'll never catch up with the other sixteen.
They're only giving away the Discovery Tours part of the games.
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

just for some necessary clarification here, these titles are:
Discovery Tour: Ancient Egypt

Ancient Egypt transformed into a living museum.

The Discovery Tour allows you to roam freely in the beautiful world of Ptolemaic Egypt. Learn more about its life, habits and customs by yourself, or let historians and Egyptologists guide you on one of the 75 available historical tours they have curated.

Discovery Tour: Ancient Greece

Experience the world of Classical Greece as a living museum.

Travel throughout 29 regions and uncover hundreds of stations with tours on 5 different themes: philosophy, famous cities, daily life, war and myths to learn more about history of Ancient Greece.
these reuse the engines of AssCreed:Origins and AssCreed:Odyssey for these sorta immersive history :happy-wavemulticolor: Edutainment®™ :happy-wavemulticolor: titles
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Victoria Raverna wrote: Fri May 15, 2020 12:44 am They're only giving away the Discovery Tours part of the games.
Aha... thank you for clarifying. For now.... 8-)

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Can you get these Discovery Tours for free on XBox One?
Black Lives Matter.