Kickstarter and other crowdfunding platforms

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

hepcat

Re: Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by hepcat »

Just got my shipping notice. 12 pounds of all new Too Many Bones stuff will be here Saturday.
Covfefe!
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

Munchkin Dungeon arrived.
"If the facts don't fit the theory, change the facts." - Albert Einstein
"I don't stand by anything." - Trump
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:34 pm Just got my shipping notice. 12 pounds of all new Too Many Bones stuff will be here Saturday.
Mine is only 10.9 pounds, I'm getting ripped off!
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I rounded as it’s actually 11.4 pounds. Still heavier than yours though. Did you order the half pound super health chip?
Last edited by hepcat on Thu May 21, 2020 10:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Maybe they added some bulletproofing to yours since it is going to Chicago...
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Zarathud wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 8:11 pm Munchkin Dungeon arrived.
A dungeon I can stick all of my versions of Munchkin in and leave them to rot? How did I miss that one?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Zarathud

Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Zarathud »

My 10 year old grew up with a Baby Cthulhu plushie from Origins Game Fair. She loves Munchkin Treasure Quest.

Worth it for Miniatures of Kovalic’s art alone, including Baby Cthulhu. If it can capture my kids and finish a game in the promised 60-90 minutes, I’ll be happy.
“Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing.” - John Stuart Mill, Inaugural Address Delivered to the University of St Andrews, 2/1/1867
“It is the impractical things in this tumultuous hell-scape of a world that matter most. A book, a name, chicken soup. They help us remember that, even in our darkest hour, life is still to be savored.” - Poe, Altered Carbon
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I'm teasing. I used to play Munchkin, but I got stuck in a couple of stalemate games that just would not end. Nobody could win, and it went on for two or three hours before everyone was willing to just walk away. I haven't been able to stomach Munchkin since then.
Zarathud

Post by Zarathud »

We broke Munchkin when a friend started insisting we play with ALL the expansions after college. If no one can get the themed combos, no one gets strong enough to munchkin over the other players to win.

I gave away all of my Munchkin except for the 2 Cthulhu themed ones. You have to pick your theme and stick to it.

Muchkin Dungeon needs a storage solution. The plastic trays leave way too much wasted space.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

coopasonic wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 pm
hepcat wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 6:34 pm Just got my shipping notice. 12 pounds of all new Too Many Bones stuff will be here Saturday.
When you get your Too Many Bones expansions with the upgrade packs, do the following without variation:

Take the smaller “correction” pack (which fixes issues with the OTHER upgrade pack that is included) that has the red sticker informing you to toss the Tantrum reference sheet, and toss the Tantrum sheet it contains as it says ( it has 2.1 on the bottom right).

Then take everything else from that pack and replace the older versions of those items IN THE OTHER upgrade pack. You’ll have 3 cards that don’t correspond to anything in the other upgrade pack, so just add them.

Now take everything in your combined upgrade pack and replace the corresponding items in the base game, undertow, character sets and expansions.

Then get a beer and wonder why the hell that had to be so convoluted.
Covfefe!
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

hepcat wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 9:14 pm
coopasonic wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 9:36 pm
When you get your Too Many Bones expansions with the upgrade packs, do the following without variation:

Take the smaller “correction” pack (which fixes issues with the OTHER upgrade pack that is included) that has the red sticker informing you to toss the Tantrum reference sheet, and toss the Tantrum sheet it contains as it says ( it has 2.1 on the bottom right).

Then take everything else from that pack and replace the older versions of those items IN THE OTHER upgrade pack. You’ll have 3 cards that don’t correspond to anything in the other upgrade pack, so just add them.

Now take everything in your combined upgrade pack and replace the corresponding items in the base game, undertow, character sets and expansions.

Then get a beer and wonder why the hell that had to be so convoluted.
After a little further research, since I got the latest edition of TMB in the wave 1 shipping (I didn't have anything TMB before the splice and dice kickstarter) I think I don't have the other update pack so it's a bit simpler for me.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Montag

Post by Montag »

I like the Lab Rats and Dart. Good differences in how they play. Have not done much with Splice and Dice yet.
words
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

I'm about 3 days into a 10 day adventure with the Build a Tyrant mode of Splice and Dice. Overall I like it. I don't think it's an expansion you need until you've played the crap out of the tyrants in the base game and undertow, but it adds legs to the system by allowing you to add some surprise back into playing the game for long time players.

That being said, I haven't tried the NAP mini game yet.

I'm using Dart and Tantrum in my game right now. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Dart's skills though. The inability to use more than 1 atk die per baddie, and exhausting them when you do, is rough, but I understand why they do it.
Covfefe!
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

Eugh, I read your posts yesterday and then got a message a package arrived. I got super hyped thinking it was TMB,
turns out it was Catacombs Cubes. Not bad either but not as highly regarded as TMB :D .

I guess I'll have to wait a while longer.
For whoever likes chillout downtempo music (or HipHop) ->
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Will this be your first foray into TMB? Or are you just waiting on the expansions from this last Kickstarter?
Covfefe!
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

Waiting for expansions and extra content. Backed the trove chest as well but that still seems to be quite far away.
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

EzeKieL wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:47 am Waiting for expansions and extra content. Backed the trove chest as well but that still seems to be quite far away.
Is it wrong that I'm more excited about the trove chest than I am about TMB Slice & Dice? :wub:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Fishbelly wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:15 am
EzeKieL wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 1:47 am Waiting for expansions and extra content. Backed the trove chest as well but that still seems to be quite far away.
Is it wrong that I'm more excited about the trove chest than I am about TMB Slice & Dice? :wub:
It is never wrong to be excited about a nice storage solution. That's a big part of the reason I went all in.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Fishbelly

Post by Fishbelly »

coopasonic wrote: Thu May 28, 2020 10:18 am It is never wrong to be excited about a nice storage solution. That's a big part of the reason I went all in.
Agreed. I've been playing Too Many Bones since it came out and have devotedly bought everything as it released. For some reason, the game just ticks all the right boxes for me.

While I still love the game, I must admit I hesitate to play now as it's a bit of a hassle to drag everything out to set up for a session. I love the design of the trove chest as it truly feels like a storage solution that will improve the experience for me, ie. get it to the table easily and quickly.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Yup. I wasn't going to get it, but eventually I succumbed to peer pressure and had to order it. I'm also looking forward to it! Especially as I look out over the massive amount of space my current game of TMB is taking up on my kitchen table right now.
Covfefe!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Blackhawk wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 12:27 am I'm teasing. I used to play Munchkin, but I got stuck in a couple of stalemate games that just would not end. Nobody could win, and it went on for two or three hours before everyone was willing to just walk away. I haven't been able to stomach Munchkin since then.
We played an 8 player game of Munchkin going four hours before I walked away. I haven't played since. I didn't want to ruin the game and king maker someone else because I was bored and I just sat there not having fun about three hours in to the game. I've never looked back. I don't know how many years ago that was. It was recent enough to have you trying to collect the laser phaser bobaser out of I don't know how many stacks of cards. Munchkin is now on the list of games of "you are welcome to play what you enjoy. I'm out."
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I don't go that far. It is in the list of games that I keep on the other shelf where it is harder to see, will never suggest, and hope nobody will mention, but will play if they really want to.
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

In terms of 'entertaining gameplay', I'd equate playing Munchkin to Monopoly. Suffice to say, I'm with LordMortis and would never choose to play it again.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Zarathud

Kickstarter (Merged)

Post by Zarathud »

Munchkin Dungeon went much less than the 60-90 play time with 3. My youngest daughter pulled a “Become a Super Munchkin” Treasure on Round 1. My other daughter formed a pact to Pick On Dad.

I leveled up but they took all my good Treasure. But you can’t keep up in a Race to 20 points when the Super Munckin earns 8 points in the same round through clever play. She didn’t even have to fight the Big Bad at the dungeon’s end. Pretty proud of them, but I’m playing fiercer next time and bringing in another Adult Target.
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

Nemesis Lockdown is up!

Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I watched the game-play overview video earlier today and I like almost everything they've changed in Lock-down. My biggest criticism with Nemesis was that there was really never a reason you would ever choose the traitor objectives over the normal ones because they were obvious and also counter to the flow of the game. The Contingencies board gives a lot more room for interesting interactions with this and gives additional reasons to not want to work with other people which I find very appealing. The only thing I wish is that there was a cheaper option that didn't include a new set of aliens since, while nemesis is a ton of fun, I don't see ever playing enough to benefit from three distinct alien species.
Montag

Post by Montag »

hepcat wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 9:09 am I'm using Dart and Tantrum in my game right now. I'm still trying to wrap my mind around Dart's skills though. The inability to use more than 1 atk die per baddie, and exhausting them when you do, is rough, but I understand why they do it.
I thought so to, but the multi-target ability has been useful and the built in recover exhausted die mechanism with Dangerous Dart works - especially plowing through Break Baddies!
words
EzeKieL

Post by EzeKieL »

This triggers me so much :oops: :oops: :lol: :lol:
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

RMC wrote: Thu Feb 27, 2020 7:12 pm Eclipse Arrived. Big boxes, have to open it later in the week, as I have an upgrade and work stuff tonight. :)
So now that some time has passed, what is your impression of the new edition? Now that pre-orders are up I am kicking myself for not carrying through with my KS pledge. The retail prices are absurd.
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

So here's one I'm going to back. Richard Launius applying his Defenders of the Realm game to Sentinels of the Multiverse...

Freedom Five

Defenders is still one of my all time favorite games. Just played it (via TTS) about 3 years ago and got our asses really kicked. Should be fun in a superhero setting.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Of note, the Sadler Brothers are partnering with him (or at least, involved in some capacity) as part of the design.

EDIT: Launching 9/8/20
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Tao

Post by Tao »

Signed up for the alerts. I will definitely be backing this as I love SoTM.
"Don't touch my stuff when I'm dead...it's booytrapped!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I also signed up. I don't know if I can back it, but I love Sentinels.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'm not sure. I'm still waiting on another project that Greater Than Games participated in. It's way overdue. And a big portion of that, as far as I could tell, was Chris Badell not following through. Though I suppose if this is mostly "their" game, maybe that won't be a problem.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Got my copy of Hostage Negotiator: Careers today. Holy crap, this is a full on legacy game now. :shock:

So many boxes and envelopes to unlock. So many cards you have to read with a special red filter.

I also didn't realize you needed at least 7 of the abductor packs (that's on me, they clearly state that in the kickstarter), so I just put in an order for the rest of them...as well as some other packs. If I'd known it was going to be THIS nice, I would have gone all in on the add ons during the campaign. I am seriously impressed with what they've done with this final expansion.
Covfefe!
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Glad to hear it. Mine is coming tomorrow. I own everything in the series, so this box is just a way for me to keep it all organized. I'm a big fan of the game, though I haven't done anything other than play the first case over and over. :lol:
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Mine came in today as well. Between this and what I already had, I now have everything, including the promos and KS-only bits. I also grabbed the mat during the Kickstarter. I'm looking forward to jumping back into it.

At least there aren't any miniatures to paint first!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 7:10 pm Glad to hear it. Mine is coming tomorrow. I own everything in the series, so this box is just a way for me to keep it all organized. I'm a big fan of the game, though I haven't done anything other than play the first case over and over. :lol:
The crime wave box is the one for storage. If you’re talking about the careers box, it’s so small it fits in that one.

But man, that small box is just stuffed with goodies.
Covfefe!
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

With all of the extras, I actually had to put the large career envelope, the Year Zero envolope, and both alternate finales into the original HN box to get them all to fit inside Crime Wave. It'll probably be less crowded once I start Career and integrate those cards into the main set.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Oh, ok - that's good. I was a little confused as I thought the Crime Wave box was perfect sized (outside) and was wondering if this was somehow going to hold that or it was vice versa. Did you find the uh...secret in Crime Wave?