Need... More... Superheroes

All discussions regarding Board, Card, and RPG Gaming, including industry discussion, that don't belong in one of the other gaming forums.

Moderators: The Preacher, $iljanus, Zaxxon

Crux

Need... More... Superheroes

Post by Crux »

I would think the success of City of Heroes this year shows the hankering that most people, and probably gamers in particular, have for superheroes.
(and yes, because I speak English that is heroes!)

So what is with the complete and utter lack of good superhero games for the pc? We got shafted with the latest spiderman game, and I would think a good batman, superman or just generally 'create your own superhero' a la City of Heroes for singleplayer would be a big hit if done decently.

Other than the new Freedom Force game which has been in development for twelve billion years, is there anything else on the horizon anyone knows about?
Dhruin

Post by Dhruin »

FF v TTR hasn't been in development that long and it's due first quarter next year. :) It will be well worth any wait, IMO.
Orpheo

Post by Orpheo »

If you have a console, try X-Men Legends. It rules.
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

Orpheo wrote:If you have a console, try X-Men Legends. It rules.
Yeah, I've heard good things about that - wish it would be ported to the PC.

Grifman
Hamsterball_Z

Post by Hamsterball_Z »

Dhruin wrote:FF v TTR hasn't been in development that long and it's due first quarter next year. :) It will be well worth any wait, IMO.
I thought it was supposed to be out this month. Grrr... That's the third or fourth time it's been pushed back.
(HBZ)
username

Post by username »

The Incredibles: http://www.gogamer.com/cgi-bin/GoGamer. ... w/001INCRE

(That's just where I happened to see it. You can probably buy it somewhere else if you don't like GoGamer.)