The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Kraken

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Kraken »

stimpy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:49 pm What in the world are you guys gonna do if Trump wins in 5 months?
That will depend on whether he won fairly, or by obvious cheating. If the polls tighten up and there's no blatant suppression/tampering in the key states and he squeaks out another narrow EC win, I will have to accept that. If he successfully steals it? I don't know what I'll do, but I'll leave my comfort zone to do it.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

stimpy wrote:What in the world are you guys gonna do if Trump wins in 5 months?
Continue to suffer under the boot heel of this piece of garbage and the human flotsam that re-elected him.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stimpy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:49 pm What in the world are you guys gonna do if Trump wins in 5 months?
Kill him again? Is that what you want to hear?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:24 pm
Wait...what? You killed him once already?
So is this robot Trump or zombie Trump that is the object of your angst now?
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stimpy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:33 pm
Zombie.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

What would you do if Hitler came back and ate your family?
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:39 pm What would you do if Hitler came back and ate your family?
Whew. Have you seen my family? He'd have his work cut out for him.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

stimpy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:46 pm
Unagi wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:39 pm What would you do if Hitler came back and ate your family?
Whew. Have you seen my family? He'd have his work cut out for him.
Yes, well - have you seen Trump?
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Unagi wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:38 pm
stimpy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 9:33 pm
Zombie.
Insert recent clip of him walking from the helicopter after his rally.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Is OO only made up of stimpy and "you guys"?
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
malchior

Post by malchior »

There is no timeline where the events of Friday night are anything but malevolence. Barr flat out lied to everyone including the public about what happened.

stimpy

Post by stimpy »

The Meal wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:04 pm
My comment was towards those that are active in this thread and are blatantly and whole-heartedly repulsed and disgusted by everything Trump and blame him for single handedly bringing our once great and flawless country to it's knees in just short of 4 years. Was just curious how they would stop their heads from exploding should their worst fear come to fruition.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

stimpy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:29 pm... blame him for single handedly bringing our once great and flawless country to it's knees in just short of 4 years.
There are ways of making...whatever point you’re trying to make without resorting to blatant lies.

But hey, you do you man.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:30 pm
stimpy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:29 pm... blame him for single handedly bringing our once great and flawless country to it's knees in just short of 4 years.
There are ways of making...whatever point you’re trying to make without resorting to blatant lies.

But hey, you do you man.
Do you read some the posts in this thread?
I'm being generous.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Oh, we weren't flawless. We were deeply flawed. Trump came along and took advantage of as many of those flaws as he could to benefit himself, and in the process turned those cracks into canyons. But no, the cracks were already there. We were already headed toward disaster. Trump just took a slow, subtle process and accelerated it. Hopefully quickly enough that enough people will see the cracks and be able to repair them before we're left with ruins.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:16 pm This entire discussion.

This is spot on. I can't believe how much a red herring argument is dominating the discussion instead of actual issues.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

ImLawBoy wrote:
Skinypupy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 8:16 pm This entire discussion.

This is spot on. I can't believe how much a red herring argument is dominating the discussion instead of actual issues.
I agree with the sentiment, but 'a red herring argument dominating the discussion instead of actual issues' also fairly succinctly summarizes the entirety of American politics at the national level since the day Trump announced his candidacy. So I can absolutely believe it.
stimpy

Post by stimpy »

Blackhawk wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:40 pm Oh, we weren't flawless. We were deeply flawed. Trump came along and took advantage of as many of those flaws as he could to benefit himself, and in the process turned those cracks into canyons. But no, the cracks were already there. We were already headed toward disaster. Trump just took a slow, subtle process and accelerated it. Hopefully quickly enough that enough people will see the cracks and be able to repair them before we're left with ruins.
Well said.
He/Him/His/Porcupine
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

stimpy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:49 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 11:40 pm Oh, we weren't flawless. We were deeply flawed. Trump came along and took advantage of as many of those flaws as he could to benefit himself, and in the process turned those cracks into canyons. But no, the cracks were already there. We were already headed toward disaster. Trump just took a slow, subtle process and accelerated it. Hopefully quickly enough that enough people will see the cracks and be able to repair them before we're left with ruins.
Well said.
Added emphasis for why we, therefore, think of Trump as a nightmare for this country that needs to be stopped. He's exploiting the flaws in the system and leaving ruin in his wake. It's a flaw to leave your kids' birthday presents sitting on the seat of your car when you go into the store. That doesn't mean that the guy who steals them isn't a criminal who should be charged. It means that you need to arrest the asshole and change your behavior.
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Way to dodge the question, other.
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Hope there is a true patriot out there who saves us all.
But as I really feel pretty cowardly about thinking that way I'll just note that the wife and I just started looking at houses in New Zealand. Obviously there's a lot of things that have to happen for that glimmer of a plan to become reality. But it's definitely glimmering
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
em2nought

Post by em2nought »

GungHo wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 2:54 am
Just like your party did with Abraham Lincoln the last time youse guys were so pissed off that somebody was trying to move people up and off the democrat plantation? :ninja:
"Four more years!" "Pause." LMAO
Formix

Post by Formix »

Funny. I have also been looking at jobs in New Zealand. I know it sounds dramatic, but I can't figure out if Trump wins if it will feel more like living in Germany in the late 1930s, or the opening scenes of Idiocracy.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Wow.

He’s really just jerking off in public now.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

em2nought wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:25 am
Just like your party did with Abraham Lincoln the last time youse guys were so pissed off that somebody was trying to move people up and off the democrat plantation? :ninja:
You do realize it’s now almost 200 years later and a Republican would be the one supporting the oppression of African Americans, right? The KKK wasn’t exactly voting overwhelmingly for Obama in 2008 or 2012.
He won. Period.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

How many of the monuments that have been taken down are Federal property? I'm sure a few, but it seems like most of the ones I've heard about have been state property.
Black Lives Matter
Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:53 am You do realize it’s now almost 200 years later and a Republican would be the one supporting the oppression of African Americans, right? The KKK wasn’t exactly voting overwhelmingly for Obama in 2008 or 2012.
I'm pretty naive. I think I did like three attempts at explaining the Dem/GOP realignment before finally accepting that em2n is always and only trolling.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This is a joke, right? Some sort of SNL skit? I mean, no one with a functioning brain would actually fall for this nonsense...right?

A megachurch is hosting Trump's rally on Tuesday in Phoenix. These two con-men falsely claim they've installed a system which kills 99.9% of COVID-19.

Arizona's Coronavirus numbers are surging. Madness...
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:41 am How many of the monuments that have been taken down are Federal property? I'm sure a few, but it seems like most of the ones I've heard about have been state property.
It seems every time I turn around the statues are on local municipal property but actually owned by private interest (Daughters of the Confederacy or whatever they're called, etc...)
Holman

Post by Holman »

stimpy wrote: Mon Jun 22, 2020 10:29 pm
My comment was towards those that are active in this thread and are blatantly and whole-heartedly repulsed and disgusted by everything Trump and blame him for single handedly bringing our once great and flawless country to it's knees in just short of 4 years. Was just curious how they would stop their heads from exploding should their worst fear come to fruition.
So... just trafficking in strawmen and caricature for shits and giggles, then?

Duly noted.
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

As posted on Twitter, the Veteran's Memorial Preservation Act doesn't actually apply to Confederate soldiers since they weren't in the US army. :lol:
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 am
Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 8:41 am How many of the monuments that have been taken down are Federal property? I'm sure a few, but it seems like most of the ones I've heard about have been state property.
It seems every time I turn around the statues are on local municipal property but actually owned by private interest (Daughters of the Confederacy or whatever they're called, etc...)

A lot of them get federal funds for upkeep.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 am This is a joke, right? Some sort of SNL skit? I mean, no one with a functioning brain would actually fall for this nonsense...right?
Blessed are the HEPA filters.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:19 am This is a joke, right? Some sort of SNL skit? I mean, no one with a functioning brain would actually fall for this nonsense...right?

A megachurch is hosting Trump's rally on Tuesday in Phoenix. These two con-men falsely claim they've installed a system which kills 99.9% of COVID-19.

Hey, it beats light injections and and shots of Clorox.

See COVID thread for other disbelief.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Only 99.9% of Trump voters, many who still think it's a hoax anyway. The other 0.1% are traitors and are subject to threatening tweets.
Black Lives Matter
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 7:53 am
em2nought wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 4:25 am
You do realize it’s now almost 200 years later and a Republican would be the one supporting the oppression of African Americans, right? The KKK wasn’t exactly voting overwhelmingly for Obama in 2008 or 2012.
Anyone who still traffics in the idea that the Republican party is pro minority because they freed the slaves is either intellectually dishonest or irretrievably stupid. In either case, not worth engaging.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
Holman

Post by Holman »

I posted this yesterday in the Coronavirus thread (BAM!) with the note that it's not even the first time I've seen a preacher claim that his church was 100% safe because they had ion-zapping units installed. I'm positive that it was not the same church.

Either someone is grifting churches by selling fake virus-zappers or they're all stealing riffs from each other. But these two claim the inventor was a member of their congregation, so you can be pretty sure they're lying.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The article does go on to point out that you can eliminate 99.9 percent of the commonly tested strain of the virus using air purifiers like this...but it sure as hell ain't gonna happen in 10 minutes. Especially in such a huge space. In a smaller, controlled environment, it can take 4 to 6 hours before you hit that state.

Add in a constant influx of people over the course of that time and you sure as hell can't make that claim. Which is probably why the megachurch took the video down.
He won. Period.
Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 10:20 am The article does go on to point out that you can eliminate 99.9 percent of the commonly tested strain of the virus using air purifiers like this...but it sure as hell ain't gonna happen in 10 minutes. Especially in such a huge space. In a smaller, controlled environment, it can take 4 to 6 hours before you hit that state.

Add in a constant influx of people over the course of that time and you sure as hell can't make that claim. Which is probably why the megachurch took the video down.
Oh, I'm pretty sure they took it down because they were getting hammered as frauds on Facebook. I saw some of it.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

There may even be some liability involved if people see it, believe them, then show up with their defenses lowered and end up dead.