Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 10/4/2019

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

jztemple2

Re: Ghost Recon Breakpoint - 10/4/2019

Post by jztemple2 »

OK, so the good news for all those complaining that there were no AI Teammates in Breakpoint; you now have AI Teammates. The bad news? The underlying design of the opposition hasn't changed, so unless you radically crank up the enemy rating in the settings you're going to have a cake walk. How tough can enemy bases be if you can setting up Sync Shots from your AI and you Sync Shot Drone and take out seven bad guys at once? Most bad guys stand around in the middle of fields and forest and there is never more than a half-dozen, so unless you purposely play bad you'll be able to whack all of them, even if their ability rating is cranked up. Even enemy bases aren't going to be as challenging.

And, ironically, the AI Teammates update, if you enable it, rather defeats the Ghost Experience update from early this year. Your character might have to sweat your remaining stocks of bullets, bandages and other consumables, but your AI buddies never run out. And they are good at positioning tactically and at shooting. They even adjust their tactics to incorporate the kind of weapon they are carrying.

I played about 140 hours and completed the whole game playing solo as a ghost with no AI Teammates so I know it can be done. And if you are new to the game or are coming back to it after not being thrilled with it at release, I really recommend that you enable the Ghost Experience and roleplay the game as a Lone Wolf and only call in your AI Teammates if you are get stuck at a particularly tough missions.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Yeah I can see that being an issue, and I will definitely not enable AI teammates.

Frankly the only times I find Breakpoint difficult are when I'm storming a building, which the third-person view isn't really conducive to. AI teammates aren't really going to help here anyway because presumably they'll file along behind me.
I no longer post here.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Paradroid wrote: Thu Jul 16, 2020 6:08 am Frankly the only times I find Breakpoint difficult are when I'm storming a building, which the third-person view isn't really conducive to. AI teammates aren't really going to help here anyway because presumably they'll file along behind me.
I found that it was hard to get them to come inside a building (no jokes please :roll:) if I used the "Go To" command. Their path finding seems to have issues with sliding doors. Not always, but sometimes. If I lead they are fine with that.

You'll find the game a bit more challenging when you try to take on a Behemoth :shock:
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I guess I'm also grumpy because of the following problem I posted to the Ubisoft Breakpoint support forum yesterday:
Controller helicopter Y-axis pitch control will not invert, no matter what settings

I have 168 hours in the game. I have the new patch. When I first used a helicopter I found that the controller Y-axis for pitch seemed to be switched back to non-inverted, even though it is still set to be inverted in the settings. I tried changing the setting to the opposite state, but the pitch control still acts as if it is non-inverted. I played around with a number of settings but nothing seems to work, I simply cannot select inverted Y-axis control for the helicopter, and I assume an airplane as well. Help!
No replies as of yet :(

I've started playing the first mission of the new Live Event, Join The Resistance!
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Ok, I started playing this on PS4 (for background: I played Wildlands quite a bit Coop on PC and I finished The Division 1 and 2 on PS4). I'll play this likely only solo. I'm not a big fan of the whole gear score idea (I always found it slightly exhausting in The Division) but it can also give you a feeling of progress (and may force you to try new things). I'm NOT looking for a big challenge and I always enjoy stealthy play more than going in guns blazing.

So, what would you guys recommend regarding the settings? I think about switching gear score off and making some changes to the UI. How good/interesting is the whole "looting weapons" setting in immersive mode?

Thanks!
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Without gear score the weapon looting becomes very similar to how it was in Wildlands. You'll gather "intel" on both weapons and weapon attachments, then if you have enough intel you'll be told where to go to get them. You can set these as "missions" so they're pinned to your map/HUD.
I no longer post here.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I've really gotten to enjoy the whole Ghost Experience. Actually you don't really loot that many weapons. Once you find a loadout you like you'll probably stick with those.

I've gone with pretty much middle of the road Immersive settings, not too severe, but not too easy. The interface setting was the tricky one for me. If you go with the minimalist setting, while being more authentic, you'll spend a lot of time looking for loot ammo and other items. I finally went with the full interface setting.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Thanks for the feedback, appreciate it!

I think I'll go with Ghost Experience (no gear score) and yes, I'll have to look into the other settings. I really appreciate that these days most games let you change difficulty in-game, so I'll start and see how it feels, difficulty-wise. And yes, will also look more into the interface/HUD settings. I remember that we had much more fun in wildlands after we lowered some of the visibility settings because after a while you are basically shooting not at the enemy but these huge orange dots over the heads. I think we also removed the enemy "clouds" and relied much more on our own spotting but then again, that's easier in coop. So, will give this a try.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

These are my settings (click once or twice to enlarge)

As I said, I run the interface at Full just because I hate searching around for items on the ground. I do see those enemy "clouds" but I usually do a thorough drone recon anyway. I might switch to Medium for a try.

I've finished all but one of the Live Event missions. The first three were easy ambushes, the next three(?) were "clear the enemy camp" and the last two have been to rescue hostages without being detected. I've been using my AI teammates which makes things easier, but I've put in 170+ hours on the game so I can justify it :wink:. I have one mission left which I believe will be the final "rescue the hostages without being detected" mission type again.

As I mentioned, I didn't use my newly created character, since almost all of the map hasn't been seen by him. I went with the one I've put in 20+ hours but haven't done all that much of the campaigns, so I can use the AI Teammates to assist there.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

This is only $15 right now.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

Ok, some first impressions:

I went with Ghost Experience, no gear score, left the difficulty settings on "normal", medium interface (not sure what was removed, maybe it switches some stuff to "dynamic") and I'm doing the "not guided" exploration mode, which I like so far (it gives this is bit of an adventure wipe and reduces this "Oh, I have to hit these 15 points asap" feeling..

I started without teammates but you run into a lot of enemies and now I try it with them, so far I like it as it ads another tactical layer.

The enemy helicopters are a real pain in the ass and hiding seems to be the way to go. In a way, I like it, it makes you move tactically and looking for cover all the time. Oh, and I encountered some drones, and as --as expected-- I don't like them at all (I think that was persistently the most negative thing I read about the game).

The interface is completely overwhelming with all these missions, stuff you find, different colors, all the tabs etc. - this feels like work so far

I'm not understanding the loot system so far when it comes to gear (not weapons). I sometimes find stuff but when I go into the menu, everything seems to be cosmetic - is that tied to the "no gear score"?

Oh, and specific to the PS4 (or generally console version): I'm playing this on a PS4 Pro and I can choose between "resolution" and "graphical fidelity" - the former gives you 4k (or downscaled) and the latter one more graphical effects at 1080p. Faces look better with fidelity but I like the higher resolution on the 55in 4k TV. I have not stopped switching back-and-forth yet ...
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

ChuckB wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 6:26 pm The interface is completely overwhelming with all these missions, stuff you find, different colors, all the tabs etc. - this feels like work so far

I'm not understanding the loot system so far when it comes to gear (not weapons). I sometimes find stuff but when I go into the menu, everything seems to be cosmetic - is that tied to the "no gear score"?
You'll get used to the interface, it is logically laid out. Just remember that you can pick up missions from the map so you'll know which ones are in the same province as you. Don't be shy about playing the secondary missions early, you'll be able to build up your skills.

If you have disabled Gear Levels then non-weapon gear are indeed just cosmetic.

Post if you have more questions.
ChuckB

Post by ChuckB »

jztemple2 wrote: Sun Jul 19, 2020 9:17 pm Post if you have more questions.
Thanks!

So far, I'm quite enjoying the game. I really like the "not guided" exploration mode (I think Ubisoft added that to AC Odyssey, too, and I'll give it a try there, too) and I'm spending most of my time working my way through "sinking country", currently following a nice story line of a missing old friend of Mad Schulz. I like maps (generally) and the searching for the right map spots and the hints is really fun. I'm not doing that much fighting but I freed some rebels on an island in the east and cleared one based fo the story mission. Right now, I can't see how I can do this solo. I picked "panther" for my specialization to allow for a stealthy approach but once I get into firefights, it gets hairy and I need to rely partially on my team. Part of the issue may be that I have gotten MUCH better in playing shooters with the gamepad but once things get hectic, my aim is not that great.

I'm beginning to understand the menus and the mission structure and yes, being able to select a province and then select the respective missions is really important.

I'm also thinking that I may like to play with "gear score". The reason is that I found guns I like (like almost always in these games, I use an assault rifle (G36) and another rilfe 7.62 that also works as a sniper rifle). While this is all fun, I find myself beginning to ignore all weapon drops, as I don't expect to find anything MUCH more interesting. I have NOT looked into the weapon customization, disassembling, and building, maybe that gets more interesting. In short, I miss the loot aspect somewhat (same with other gear like vests, etc). The way I understand this, I could switch back (and forth) and see what I prefer, correct?

Helicopters are still a bit annoying. I can hide from them well enough but too often, they start a firefight with some random allies and I can either watch or start shooting.

I fought 2 wheeled drones (they guarded some homestead place) and did NOT enjoy that fight (and I understand these become even more difficult with weapon score on, right? Again, not sure how I could do this solo ...
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

ChuckB wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:40 pm I'm also thinking that I may like to play with "gear score". The reason is that I found guns I like (like almost always in these games, I use an assault rifle (G36) and another rilfe 7.62 that also works as a sniper rifle). While this is all fun, I find myself beginning to ignore all weapon drops, as I don't expect to find anything MUCH more interesting. I have NOT looked into the weapon customization, disassembling, and building, maybe that gets more interesting. In short, I miss the loot aspect somewhat (same with other gear like vests, etc). The way I understand this, I could switch back (and forth) and see what I prefer, correct?
You can switch back and forth without penalty, the game keeps track of your Gear Level even if you are not using that option. Even without using Gear Level, you ought to be customizing your weapons, it really can help with the stats of the gun. Using parts to upgrade adds small updates. And the attachments are really important, you can highlight them on the loadout/Gunsmith page for each gun and see what stats they influence.
ChuckB wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:40 pm Helicopters are still a bit annoying. I can hide from them well enough but too often, they start a firefight with some random allies and I can either watch or start shooting.
Yeah, having the resistance allies activated can be a pain since they shoot at any helos they see, which can get your little group involved. I'm not sure how to deactivate the resistance allies, but I assume at the end of the Live Event they go away.
ChuckB wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:40 pm I fought 2 wheeled drones (they guarded some homestead place) and did NOT enjoy that fight (and I understand these become even more difficult with weapon score on, right? Again, not sure how I could do this solo ...
Drones are tough and get tougher, but there aren't any you can't beat, eventually. I've been playing without Gear Level for so many hours I've forgotten how different it might be with Gear Level active, but with it off, you just have to use a few tricks of the trade. You can Google for some videos, but basically you have to aim at their sensitive points. There is something that looks like a red eyeball, that's their sensor, shooting at that will cause the drones to "fold up" for a few seconds. Also, when you start shooting at drones you'll see vulnerable areas which IIRC are this simmering light blue, try to direct your fire there.

Obviously you can't really aim well if you are being chased and blasted by drones. The best approach is to be above them on a hill or cliff or building so they can't chase you. Take some pot shots at them till they start zeroing in on you, then fall back. They will continue to shoot at your last location. Then repeat. Best weapons are LMGs or SNR and don't forget to remove the suppressor from the SNR, it lessens the damage if installed. Rocket launchers are useful but you can get hammered between shots, so I wouldn't count on them.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

jztemple2 wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:06 pm Yeah, having the resistance allies activated can be a pain since they shoot at any helos they see, which can get your little group involved. I'm not sure how to deactivate the resistance allies, but I assume at the end of the Live Event they go away.
You can switch the rebels off from the event missions screen in the objectives board.
Enlarge Image
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Thanks I missed that :dance: . And having the resistance guys off doesn't take away their Strike Designator gadget, which is a fun tool :D. I wonder if it will stay around after the Live Event?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

The good news is that the Strike Designator gadget stays even after the Live Event.

The bad news is that I've found a, well, bug I guess in the implementation of AI companions. We were at a small village and I was stalking an enemy soldier to get a melee kill. As he turned a corner and I followed him, who would be standing right in front of him but one of my AI companions? Standing there in daylight, upright and not behind cover. And not only did the enemy soldier not see my guy, he walked right up to him without reacting. In fact they bumped together :roll:. Oh well, I guess they had to make some compromises in the implementation. Anyway, after 177 hours in the game and with no new content apparently going to be released anytime soon, I guess I'm done with it. For now :wink:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Some exciting news for the few of us still playing Breakpoint, there's new content coming! See the article Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint Episode 3: Red Patriot :
Spoiler:
Your next task will surely be a challenge, Ghosts. Your mission begins on September 15, and we hope you’re prepared.

Your assignment will begin with contact from Scott Mitchell, the long-time leader and commanding officer of the Ghosts. Mitchell has discovered that Trey Stone has been working with the Russian separatists, Raven’s Rock, who are led by Major Pyotr Bukharov. But that’s not all. The Bodarks, once an elite Soviet special ops unit, are Raven’s Rock agents, and they are planning a terror attacks on US soil with the use of nerve gas.

Their plan is to use Skell’s drone technology to dispatch the nerve gas quickly and efficiently. Your job is to eliminate all men implicated in Stone’s plan and take down Raven’s Rock top Bodark agents. Along the way, you will experience new activities and earn new rewards as you progress.

RED PATRIOT – THE ADVENTURE
Two of the missions will be free for all players to enjoy, but players who have the Red Patriot Adventure or Y1 pass will have immediate access to explore the remaining content as it unfolds. You can also have access to the rest of the content by purchasing the full Adventure in the store for 1,900 Ghost Coins. All players who own either of these can invite up to three friends to play with them.

This engrossing experience contains hours of new content to enjoy, filled with 10 story missions and 26 high-quality Adventure rewards to earn along the way. Enjoy a compelling story, featuring old friends and enemies from the Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon universe. Gather your intel and do your recon, the road to the final mission is up to you!

EXCLUSIVE REWARDS
A task like this won’t leave you unrewarded, Ghosts. Each mission comes with exclusive rewards, providing you with more tools to get the job done as you follow the trail and take on the final face that stands in your way.

These high-quality rewards will include:

Costumes: Pyotr Bukharov costume, Trey Stone costume, Claro Gentile costume + mask, and Scott Mitchell costume + top

Bodark Gear: Bodark Mask, Bodark Mask B, Bodark Mask C, Bodark Mask D, Bodark Mask E, Bodark chest rig, Bodark shirt, Bodark gloves, Bodark pants, Bodark boots, Bodark load bearing vest, Bodark coat, Raven’s Rock gear patch, and Bodark gear camo

Weapons: 553 Scout, Sentinel (AK74 assault), Survival (Honey Badger), and Brown

Vehicles: Opheis, Raven’s Rock (MC-1 restraint), Raven’s Rock (boson), and Radiation

The Fireworks and In Deep Waters mission rewards, which includes the Claro Gentile costume + mask, Bodark Mask E, Bodark gloves, Bodark coat, Honey Badger weapon, and Brown weapon, are obtainable by all players whether they own the Y1 pass or not.

It is possible for Y1 pass owners and Adventure owners to invite up to three friends to play through the missions with them. Rewards can be granted retroactively to those players who complete the missions by picking up either the Red Patriot Adventure or Y1 pass in the store themselves.

NEW CLASS – PATHFINDER

This new class coming to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint is for players who want to have a versatile approach in combat. It includes a set of special abilities and skills that will help players deal with various types of enemies. In addition, Y1 pass owners will also get the opportunity to experience this class one week early. Check out the full specifications of the Pathfinder Class here.

PvP – NEW CONTENT
Episode 3 also brings fresh content for PvP players to enjoy within the to the Ghost War experience:

New 1 Map: Riverbank
New 2 Mission Milestones: Both new missions are related to the Pathfinder Class
Overwatch: Scan or mark 30 enemies with the Azrael Drone
Alpha Pathfinder: Kill 1 of each class using the Pathfinder

New Pathfinder Class Adaptation

We look forward to seeing you accomplish the task at hand. Don’t miss out on Episode 3 intel for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint! Be sure to follow us on Twitter @GhostRecon and join the discussion on the official Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Forums!

© 2019 Ubisoft Entertainment. All Rights Reserved. Tom Clancy’s, Ghost Recon, the Soldier Icon, Ubisoft, and the Ubisoft logo are registered or unregistered trademarks of Ubisoft Entertainment in the US and/or other countries.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint, Title Update 3.0.0 patch notes. Patch drops tomorrow at 5am EDT.
Spoiler:
September 14, 2020
TOM CLANCY’S GHOST RECON® BREAKPOINT – PATCH NOTES TITLE UPDATE 3.0.0

Ghosts,

Our latest patch for Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint, Title Update 3.0.0, will be deployed on September 15th at 9:00 AM UTC across all platforms.

In addition to highlights and information listed below, please note that our Known Issues List has also been updated. Thank you for taking the time to share your opinions with us as we continue to improve on many aspects of Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint.

DOWNLOAD TIME AND SIZE
Please note: Whether you purchased a digital or a physical edition of the game, you will need to download the patch before playing. The size of the patch depends on your platform, region, and preferred language.

PC: ~7.19 GB
Xbox One: ~7.19 GB
PlayStation®4 system: ~7.00 GB

NEW FEATURES
RED PATRIOT ADVENTURE
Trey Stone has been working with Bodark agents to plan terror attacks on US soil. 10 Story Missions and 26 high quality adventure rewards will be available along this adventure to kill all of those involved in Stone’s plan.

Two of the missions will be free for all players to enjoy, but players who have the Red Patriot Adventure or Y1 Pass will have immediate access to explore the remaining content. Y1 pass owners and Adventure owners can invite up to three friends to play through the missions with them. Rewards can be granted retroactively to those players who complete missions by picking up either the Red Patriot Adventure or Y1 Pass in the Store themselves.

EXCLUSIVE REWARDS
Costumes: Pyotr Bukharov Costume, Trey Stone Costume, Claro Gentile Costume + Mask, Scott Mitchell Costume + Top.
Bodark Gear: Bodark Mask, Bodark Mask B, Bodark Mask C, Bodark Mask D, Bodark Mask E, Bodark Chest Rig, Bodark Shirt, Bodark Gloves, Bodark Pants, Bodark Boots, Bodark Load Bearing Vest, Bodark Coat, Raven’s Rock Gear Patch, Bodark Gear Camo.
Weapons: 553 Scout | Sentinel, AK74 Assault | Survival, Honey Badger | Brown.
Vehicles: Opheis | Raven’s Rock, MC-1 Restraint | Raven’s Rock, Boson | Radiation.

The Fireworks and In Deep Waters mission rewards (Claro Gentile Costume + Mask, Bodark Mask E, Bodark Gloves, Bodark Coat, Honey Badger | Brown) are obtainable by all players whether they own the Y1 pass or not.

For further information on what Episode 3: Red Patriot includes, see here.

PATHFINDER CLASS
This new class coming to Ghost Recon® Breakpoint is for players who want to have a versatile approach in combat.

Special Ability – Armaros Interface: Allows you to control a rogue Azrael Drone.
Special Tool – Uplink Protocol: This tool refills the Pathfinder skill gauge.
Passive Skills –
Tactical Cache Identification: How you will fill your Pathfinder gauge. You will be able to find these Tactical Caches more easily through this identification skill.
Scout Vision: White-hot thermal vision
Wild Metabolism: Ration effects last longer and are more powerful.

To read more information on the Pathfinder class coming to TU 3.0.0, see here.

GUNSMITH
As mentioned with TU 2.1.0, we are releasing a second round of changes and updates to the Gunsmith. Below you can see a basic overview of what these changes will include. 15 custom stocks will be available.

15 custom stocks will be available across a selection of weapons
Shared stocks across weapon variations.
Cross-compatibility for stock customization.
Expanding on the compatibility of the Underbarrel Grenade Launchers.
Universal Underbarrel System being incorporated in game.
Bipods and range finders have been added to certain weapons.
Bipod compatibility has been added for 7.62 calibre weapons.
New medium and short barrels have been added for weapon customization.

In addition to wider customization options, you can expect to see more improvements and bug fixes to the Gunsmith with TU 3.0.0. For further information on Gunsmith changes, read our detailed article here.

CHARACTER AND CUSTOMIZATION
In addition to the high quality event rewards you will see with the Red Patriot Adventure, additional weapons, cosmetics, and customization items are being added in game.

Maria’s Shop: Skell Credits
Costumes:
Outcast B | HVY Set: Rebel Helmet, Tactical Riot Vest, Armored Baggy Pants
Outcast C | HVY Set: Rebel Plate Mask, Heavy Coyote Plate Carrier, Armored Rainstorm Coat, Reinforced Thigh Pad Pants
Outcast D | HVY Set: Rebel Knight Helmet, Armored Marten Plate Carrier, Armored Large Rainstorm Coat, Armored Forest Tactical Pants
Weapons: M4A1 CQC, Paladin 9 SNR, UMP CQC, ACS12, FAL, Honey Badger
Vehicles: Firespin | FFA, Exoshell | Standard, Firespin | Velvet
Wearable: Armored Backpack, Tactical Bandana, Military Beret, F-16 Fighter Helmet, Steel Skull Ballistic Mask, Extreme Infiltrator Mask, Peletor Lite-COM 3, Revision Exoshield, Crye Compact Assault Ghillie, Safariland P1 Covert Carrier, Blackhawk Tactical Shorts, Blackhawk Fury Gloves, Mustang Survival Ocean Racing Gloves
Gear Camo: Grey Python, HCP Tiger, Kryptek Banshee, Kryptek Highlander, Kryptek Mandrake, Kryptek Neptune, Kryptek Nomad, Kryptek Raid, Kryptek Typhoon, Kryptek Yeti, NWI Type I, Pencott LN, Pencott MP, Pencott SD, Kryptek SS
Weapon Camo: Dead Leaves, Kryptek Highlander, HCP Tiger, Kryptek Mandrake, Kryptek Banshee, Kryptek Neptune, Kryptek Nomad, Kryptek Yeti, Kryptek Raid, Kryptek Typhoon, Pencott LN, Pencott MP, Pencott SD, Pencott SS
Customization: Buzz Cut, Crew Cut, Mustache D

In-Game Store: Ghost Coins
Tactical Trek Bundle: Crye Nightcap, Safariland TABC 3, High-Protection Shades, Versatile Pac, Armored Vest, Tactical Dry Top, Tactical Dry Pants, Blackhawk Trident Boots
Light Scout Gear Bundle: Tarsier Eclipse NVG, OPS-Core Skullcrusher, Peltor Alert, Oakley Ballistic M Frame Alpha, Maritime Operations Pack, Safariland U1 Overt Carrier, Velocity Systems Range Shorts, UA Verge Mid Gore-Tex
Exoshell Bundle: Exoshell | Snow, Exoshell | Hill, Exoshell | Desert, Exoshell | Jungle
Vehicles: Opheis | Emperor, GYPS MK. II | Flash, Exoshell | Oren, MC-1 Restraint | Emperor
Weapons: 416 Assault |Custom, M4A1 SCT | Custom, 516 | Survival, HTI | Brown, VHSD2 | Sentinel, TACT50 | Wolves, ACS12 |Custom, M82 | Survival

PvP
New! 1 Map: Riverbank
New! 2 Mission Milestones: Both new missions are related to the Pathfinder class.
Overwatch: Scan or mark 30 enemies with the Azrael Drone.
Alpha Pathfinder: Kill 1 of each class using the Pathfinder.
New! Pathfinder Class Adaptation
Matchmaking:
Players are now kicked for inactivity after 30 sec instead of 120 sec.
Balancing:
Reduced damage of M4A1 in PvP from 31 -> 29
Reduced damage of PDR in PvP from 32 -> 26
Reduced damage of VHS in PvP from 38 -> 36
Reduced damage of MP7 in PvP from 33 -> 30

PATCH HIGHLIGHTS
Fixed an issue where players were noticing alternate reproductions of the DMR exploit post TU 2.1.0.
This issue has been addressed by the team as per player reports. Please let us know if you still see this occur in game; either the same or in a new form.
Fixed an issue where NPC drivers would not take any damage when being shot by AI Teammates.
Fixed an issue where after purchasing Forest Tactical Pants, players would no longer find the item in their inventory when rebooting the game.
Fixed an issue where patches would not be visible on the Rebel Ballistic Mask.
Fixed several issues with clipping on equippable items.
Fixed an issue where too many enemies would be present at the base of several Elite faction missions.
Fixed an issue where multiple intel would not unlock when completing Episode 2 missions.
Fixed an issue where players would sometimes experience stuttering and crashes when running the game on the Vulkan API.
Fixed a PvP issue where teammates and enemies would sometimes be invisible to other players.
Fixed a PvP issue where players could sometimes notice other players in T pose and environmental corruptions after dying during a round.
Fixed several environmental and clipping issues on the Stoney Creek map.
Fixed an issue where players could experience freezes at any time while moving in Raids.
Fixed an issue where a weapon’s laser dots would appear as a black opaque square on several surfaces in Night Vision. Lasers impacted by this issue include: MAWL-DA and PEQ-15.

PATCH NOTES

AI
Fixed an issue where some downed enemies with investigation icon could not be killed.
Fixed an issue where the sound of Azrael drones would not disappear after drones left the area.

AI TEAMMATES
Fixed an issue where AI Teammates would jump over a fence instead of going through the breached spot.
Fixed an issue where sometimes an AI Teammate would teleport to revive another Teammate in a sunken vehicle.
Fixed an issue where AI Teammates would sometimes get stuck with their parachute open after landing.
Fixed an issue where NPC drivers would not take any damage when being shot by AI Teammates.
Fixed an issue where Fixit and Vasily AI Teammates would sometimes get stuck midair.

CUSTOMIZATION
Fixed an issue where a texture glitch would happen above player knees when walking or running with Vasily Pants equipped.
Fixed an issue where after purchasing Forest Tactical Pants, players would no longer find the item in their inventory when rebooting the game.
Fixed an issue where the Fourth Echelon Top’s Belt would disappear when being equipped with any vest.
Fixed an issue where patches would not be visible on the Rebel Ballistic Mask.
Fixed a problem where players reported Architect Vest and Architect Gloves couldn’t be dismantled.
Fixed an issue where Suppressor Operativo and Suppressor Operativo Brown would not match their colors in the weapon preview.
Fixed an issue where the L3GP NVGs would hang on the back of a player’s head when equipped with the Rebel Ballistic Mask.

CLIPPING
Fixed an issue where Prime Sam Fisher beard would clip while aiming with the COMPM4 sight scope.
Fixed an issue where longer beards would clip when the Half Mask and Airsoft Skull Mask are equipped.
Fixed an issue where the Shemagh would clip with multiple tops that have a collar.
Fixed an issue where the Golem Cape | Field Medic would clip with magazines present on the belt or chest.
Fixed an issue where the Urban Hero Jacket would clip with multiple masks.

EXPLOITS
Fixed an issue where players were noticing alternate reproductions of the DMR exploit post TU 2.1.0.
This issue has been addressed by the team as per player reports. Please let us know if you still see this occur in game; either the same or in a new form.

GAMEPLAY
Fixed an issue where equipping weapons with specific attachments would result in an unnatural grip position. Attachments impacted by this issue include: RVG Vertical Foregrip, Rounded Angled Foregrip, and SHIFT Angled Short Grip.
Fixed an issue where landing a parachute at Pythagoras Hall would result in players performing a dive/swim animation onto concrete.

MISSIONS
Fixed an issue where too many enemies would be present at the base of several Elite faction missions.
Fixed an issue where multiple intel would not unlock when completing Episode 2 missions.

PC
Fixed an issue where players would sometimes experience stuttering and crashes when running the game on the Vulkan API.

PvP
Fixed an issue where a draw would end up with a victory when the Observer slot is occupied.
Fixed an issue where a corrupted transition can be seen between rounds when the Observer has the camera locked.
Fixed an issue where the Observer would sometimes see players in an unnatural position when deploying a drone.
Fixed an issue where players in a group would not get back to the matchmaking lobby if the player hosting the session quits the game in the end match screen.
Fixed an issue where some teammates would sometimes appear as enemies in the Team Widget during the briefing stage.
Fixed an issue where teammates would sometimes spawn far away from the rest of their team.
Fixed an issue where teammates and enemies would sometimes be invisible to other players.
Fixed an issue where players would hear “I’m marked,” when dying.
Fixed an issue where the tapping sound of surveillance systems would last long after the objective is taken.
Fixed an issue where players could sometimes notice other players in T pose and environmental corruptions after dying during a round.
Fixed an issue where players would float above the ground when in prone camo or when falling after getting killed.
Fixed an issue where players would sometimes enter a slide animation while running down the stairs of the water tower on the Cold War Bunker map.
Fixed several environmental and clipping issues on the Stoney Creek map.

RAID
Fixed an issue where players could experience freezes at any time while moving in Raids.

UI
Fixed an issue where players would not see AI Teammate markers on the mini map with the option turned ON.
Fixed an issue where Photo Mode would be unavailable when too close to an NPC or object.
Fixed an issue where the Assault proficiency bonus status would appear incorrectly when changing to different screens.

WEAPONS
Fixed an issue where firing a weapon equipped with a laser dot attachment while moving the camera would make the laser go in the wrong direction.
Fixed an issue where restarting the game would take away an equipped weapon’s ammo.
Fixed an issue where the AK12 built-in ironsight would be off-centered in ADS mode.
Fixed an issue where a weapon’s laser dots would appear as a black opaque square on several surfaces in Night Vision. Lasers impacted by this issue include: MAWL-DA and PEQ-15.
Fixed an issue where SLX5 Sight would not trace the bullet’s direction when attached to the STONER LMG.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Not sure if I've the only one still playing Breakpoint, but in case I'm not, I'll post information on the newest title update, 3.0.3

Here are the patch notes: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint – Patch Notes Title Update 3.0.3. That is pretty dry, so I'll quote from the forum news announcement, found here: Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon® Breakpoint – Ghost Experience Update :
Title Update 3.0.3 will be building on the Ghost Experience foundation, this time focusing on adding more depth to the Enemy AI and opening more possibilities for solo and stealth experience. Finally, you will be able to choose the density of drones in the world!
That announcement is worth checking out, there are lots of changes to the game. Stealth is improved, night can now be made really dark, you can throw bullets to lure enemies :ninja:, you can alter how syringes work, you can change drone presence and helicopter patrols in the world, and lots of other stuff. The item wheel has been enlarged and made more usable.

Additionally,
As we promised earlier this year, the rebels and Terminators will be coming back to Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon Breakpoint! This time around, you will be able to activate/deactivate these parameters in the world as you please.
But wait, that's not all! :D. All seven classes have been increased to level 20, with additional rewards for the new levels. And finally, my favorite (since I'm a solo player)
Golem Island Solo Exploration
Thanks to all the feedback, discussions, and suggestions we saw from our players around the Raid and Golem Island, we are thrilled to announce that Golem Island is now open for solo exploration! Prepare to explore this iconic location with 15 different settlements, 50 wild mysteries, and 12 missions all available in solo mode. For all the details on the Raid update, check out our dedicated article here.
And of course we have a video! It does a nice job of summarizing the changes
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

That sounds cool. I haven't played Breakpoint recently -- even with all the time in the world, I can only play so many games at once -- but I enjoy it when I do play it.

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Mon Nov 09, 2020 1:33 pm That sounds cool. I haven't played Breakpoint recently -- even with all the time in the world, I can only play so many games at once -- but I enjoy it when I do play it.
Yup, it's a pretty busy time right now and into December, but those are some pretty cool changes and so I might have to keep visiting Auroa occasionally :D
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

:pop:
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Announcement of more content, Ghost Recon Breakpoint is crossing over with Rainbow Six Siege later this month

Entire article:
Ghost Recon Breakpoint, the tactical shooter that won't stop trying to win back our hearts, is crossing over with Rainbow Six Siege for its upcoming Operation Amber Sky season. The event kicks off on January 21 with a free nine-mission storyline starring three attackers from Siege's roster: Ash, Thatcher, and Finka.

The micro campaign concerns the sale and distribution of a new chemical weapon on Aurora called "Amber Ruin." Siege operators are deployed to Aurora to deal with it and the Ghosts are tagging along for another Clancyverse team-up. With Amber Ruin making the air unbreathable on these missions, players will have to maintain their gas mask and replace its filter "regularly." Hitting a little close to home in 2021, Ubi.

Playing through the missions will unlock the Siege operator skins for use in Breakpoint, which is kind of a weird concept. I assume you'll still be playing as Nomad despite looking like Ash. You'll also have the option to call Siege ops in as replacements for normal teammates.

Ghost Recon Wildlands fans will remember that this isn't the first time the series has crossed over with Siege. In 2018, Caveira, Twitch, and Valkyrie starred in their own side story.

Operation Amber Sky's launch on January 21 will coincide with a free weekend for Breakpoint running through January 24 on every platform. There's also a massive sale on the game happening at the same time in case you've been waiting to pick it up. I played Breakpoint last year after the Ghost Experience update and had a good time turning off weapon scores and playing it like a tactical survival sim.
Trailer:
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

On sale right now for 89% off... $8.39

https://www.fanatical.com/en/game/tom-c ... rd-edition
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

So the Operation Amber Sky Live Event started and today I gave it a try. Nope, not for me. For one thing, these gas cloud areas have limited visibility, I mean really limited, so anything over about 25 meters can't be seen. No point in being good with a sniper rifle. Also the filter in your mask runs down really fast so you can't sit around and stealthily move through areas, you always have to be looking for a replacement filter dispenser or one lying around I guess. Anyway, it all feels rather contrived. I got almost two hundred hours in the game and I think I'm getting burned out on the gameplay as well.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

I had asthma as a kid I'm not big on the whole "struggling to find air" trope. I played the home game.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Isgrimnur wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 5:01 pm I had asthma as a kid I'm not big on the whole "struggling to find air" trope. I played the home game.
Well put. The game animations and sound effects are creepy, too.
raydude

Post by raydude »

fast forward it to after Judgement Day and put me in as part of the resistance and I'll gladly play Ghost Recon: Terminator.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

jztemple2 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:22 pm For one thing, these gas cloud areas have limited visibility, I mean really limited, so anything over about 25 meters can't be seen.
You can mitigate the limited visibility by switching to IR vision.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:30 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Fri Jan 22, 2021 4:22 pm For one thing, these gas cloud areas have limited visibility, I mean really limited, so anything over about 25 meters can't be seen.
Oh, didn't think of that! Of course I was running down the last few percentage of my filter so I wasn't thinking clearly :roll:
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 2:30 pm
OK, so I used your tip (thank you!) and it helped. I've played through two missions and gotten two rewards and it's not horrible to play :wink:. Sadly the arthritis in my hands is acting up and I have to step away and rest them awhile.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I never had a problem with my hands or arthritis in them until that fall off the top of the farm gate in Feb 2019. Happened not long after my wife passed. Guess she wouldn't have let me up there :) Mine hurt every day now so I take 1000mg Tylenol and 800mg Ibuprofen twice a day...morning and night. So they hurt less. Stupid fall. Now I have a problem with everything.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Well I tried. I took a break and went to the third Amber Ruin story mission, which requires me to do a several goals in a facility without being detected. I tried and failed, over and over. I got farther after a while and after a half dozen or more tries I finally achieved all my goals and just had to exit undetected. I got cornered by two patrolling guards but was going to stealth them, but one fired first and he had a rocket launcher while killed me and the other guy :cry:. OK, I said, I'll try it once more. It reloaded at an intermediate goal, which was good, but started me (like it did on each retry) outside of the facility so I had to sneak in yet again. I completed the two remaining goals (again) and was just sneaking out when I got spotted by I swear the last possible guard on the edge of the facility. Mission failed, once again. So I'm putting it away for today.

And just for yucks, the game also crashed my computer when I exited. So even more reason to not be excited to go back and face "Amber Ruin" :evil: .
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

I'm not loving the reduced visibility myself. It's mostly manageable outside, but inside buildings it's crap even with IR because then you can't see any structural detail.

I'm not sure why Ubisoft in particular likes this sort of thing. Trying to do outdoor missions in The Division 2 and dealing with torrential downpours or dust storms that make it impossible to see anything is frustrating enough to cause me to quit a session and find something enjoyable to do. It just isn't fun.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im miffed by the lack of key rebinding. I tried yesterday to rebind a lot of my keys but no go. I HATE THAT. I may try next time wit ha controller. If I reinstall it anytime soon. As I recall Wildlands let me rebind.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

You can remap the controls.

Enlarge Image

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I tried but it would not register some of them ...mostly numpad and shift and ctrl and such. Id click the key and nothing would change. Others worked.
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

jztemple2 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:27 pm Well I tried. I took a break and went to the third Amber Ruin story mission, which requires me to do a several goals in a facility without being detected. I tried and failed, over and over. I got farther after a while and after a half dozen or more tries I finally achieved all my goals and just had to exit undetected. I got cornered by two patrolling guards but was going to stealth them, but one fired first and he had a rocket launcher while killed me and the other guy :cry:. OK, I said, I'll try it once more. It reloaded at an intermediate goal, which was good, but started me (like it did on each retry) outside of the facility so I had to sneak in yet again. I completed the two remaining goals (again) and was just sneaking out when I got spotted by I swear the last possible guard on the edge of the facility. Mission failed, once again. So I'm putting it away for today.
For the "undetected" missions, the actual requirement is that neither you nor your drone be spotted, not that your activity actually remain completely undetected. The easy mode for completing them is to take control of the area around a gas mask canister recharging station, then recce the base with your drone. Mark targets for the Rainbow 6 team to snipe, and simply depopulate the base. The garrison will go on alert when bodies are discovered, but as long as they don't find you or spot the drone, you're still good. Once all the guards are down, it's just a matter of locating and dealing with the mission objectives.

It's cheesy, but it gets an annoying mission out of the way.

jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Max Peck wrote: Sun Jan 24, 2021 2:48 pm
jztemple2 wrote: Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:27 pm Well I tried. I took a break and went to the third Amber Ruin story mission, which requires me to do a several goals in a facility without being detected. I tried and failed, over and over. I got farther after a while and after a half dozen or more tries I finally achieved all my goals and just had to exit undetected. I got cornered by two patrolling guards but was going to stealth them, but one fired first and he had a rocket launcher while killed me and the other guy :cry:. OK, I said, I'll try it once more. It reloaded at an intermediate goal, which was good, but started me (like it did on each retry) outside of the facility so I had to sneak in yet again. I completed the two remaining goals (again) and was just sneaking out when I got spotted by I swear the last possible guard on the edge of the facility. Mission failed, once again. So I'm putting it away for today.
For the "undetected" missions, the actual requirement is that neither you nor your drone be spotted, not that your activity actually remain completely undetected. The easy mode for completing them is to take control of the area around a gas mask canister recharging station, then recce the base with your drone. Mark targets for the Rainbow 6 team to snipe, and simply depopulate the base. The garrison will go on alert when bodies are discovered, but as long as they don't find you or spot the drone, you're still good. Once all the guards are down, it's just a matter of locating and dealing with the mission objectives.

It's cheesy, but it gets an annoying mission out of the way.
Good gosh, why didn't you tell me this beforehand? :D

I have an appalling lack of lateral thinking, my wife and I often note this. I will be stymied by something and she'll point out a solution that wouldn't have occurred to me in a hundred years. I figure it is the difference in the way I use deductive reasoning while she uses inductive reasoning. Thank goodness she's short and computers pretty much baffle her or she wouldn't need me for anything... well, practically anything :roll: .

You're right, it is cheesy, it never occurred to me that I could just decimate the base. OK, back for another try.