Community Appreciation Post

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Smoove_B

Re: Community Appreciation Post

Post by Smoove_B »

RunningMn9 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:55 pm and was it Kelric?
It was Clanwolfer. Lost to the mists as NJ claims another one.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Madmarcus

Post by Madmarcus »

It's funny which communities end up being big connections. When I arrive here it felt like one big closed social group. I still haven't met anyone face to face, I don't think I'm related to anyone else here, and I wasn't on GG. I've stayed anyway!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

The hepcat account was bought out about 3 years ago by PepsiCo. Now it’s primarily used to inform the general public about such great products as Dorito’s awesome new flavor Ranch Cool Whip Spicy Nachos, and Sierra Mist beverages. If you send this account a PM and include your email address, you’ll receive exciting news and great coupons in your inbox every week!
Covfefe!
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Smoove_B wrote:
RunningMn9 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 5:55 pm and was it Kelric?
It was Clanwolfer. Lost to the mists as NJ claims another one.
Ah yes, a young in. I’m trying to remember everyone I’ve met but it was a while ago in some cases. I know I met Eightball on travel down in MD, not sure who else was there.

Any walk down memory lane reminds me of Pete Rock. Holy shit. And of course Guido_TKP and the origin of the mighty Popehat.

I know I’ve met LordMortis and the Octavious clan a couple of times (not sure if malchior made it).

And the legendary Fretmute of course.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

I think I've only met JeffV and Lawbeef in person, but I feel like I know some of you better than I do some of my in-person friends given everything that's been shared over the last two decades.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I feel like I'm getting to know some people until they change their handle or avatar, then it's a whole new learning curve. The interesting thing is that some new members remind me greatly of old ones, such as Kraken and Ironrod.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The hepcat account was bought out about 3 years ago by PepsiCo.......If you send this account a PM and include your email address, you’ll receive exciting news and great coupons in your inbox every week!
No wonder I haven't received my Golden Girls fan club kit in the mail yet.

As an aside Betty is 98!
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

RunningMn9 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:22 pm Any walk down memory lane reminds me of Pete Rock. Holy shit.
Oh wow, there’s a name I haven’t heard in ages. I had dinner with Pete and his wife in Phoenix ages ago. He was a good dude.

I’ve also met MHS and Pyperkub (still feel bad I couldn’t make dinner work the night he was in town), both are super rad.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:37 pm
RunningMn9 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:22 pm Any walk down memory lane reminds me of Pete Rock. Holy shit.
Oh wow, there’s a name I haven’t heard in ages. I had dinner with Pete and his wife in Phoenix ages ago. He was a good dude.

I’ve also met MHS and Pyperkub (still feel bad I couldn’t make dinner work the night he was in town), both are super rad.
I invited Pete into my home, it's a wonder he made it out alive. I almost sent Smoove_B hope to get a shovel, a tarp, and some lye.
Make up bags of change
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Sudy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:17 pm I feel like I'm getting to know some people until they change their handle or avatar, then it's a whole new learning curve. The interesting thing is that some new members remind me greatly of old ones, such as Kraken and Ironrod.
:lol: You have never seen us together.

It took me 15 years to figure out that Blackhawk and Daehawk are two different people.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

RunningMn9 wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:42 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:37 pm

I invited Pete into my home, it's a wonder he made it out alive. I almost sent Smoove_B hope to get a shovel, a tarp, and some lye.
:lol:

We had a lovely dinner. I was in the middle of watching Buffy at the time and his wife was a Buffy ultra-fan. We spent most of the night discussing that.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Kraken wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:00 am
Sudy wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 10:17 pm I feel like I'm getting to know some people until they change their handle or avatar, then it's a whole new learning curve. The interesting thing is that some new members remind me greatly of old ones, such as Kraken and Ironrod.

It took me 15 years to figure out that Blackhawk and Daehawk are two different people.
All this time and I'm having problems keeping Jaymann and Jaymon as separate people. :oops:
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Skinypupy wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:36 amWe had a lovely dinner. I was in the middle of watching Buffy at the time and his wife was a Buffy ultra-fan. We spent most of the night discussing that.
I don't think he was married at the time he came up. He was single, and drank a case of Coors Light. Lovely wasn't the word I would choose. :)
Make up bags of change
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 8:07 am
Kraken wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:00 am

All this time and I'm having problems keeping Jaymann and Jaymon as separate people. :oops:
One is Rastafari
Holman

Post by Holman »

hepcat wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 pm The hepcat account was bought out about 3 years ago by PepsiCo. Now it’s primarily used to inform the general public about such great products as Dorito’s awesome new flavor Ranch Cool Whip Spicy Nachos, and Sierra Mist beverages. If you send this account a PM and include your email address, you’ll receive exciting news and great coupons in your inbox every week!
We get the Nacho Elite Club newsletter if we include our social security number and mother's maiden name, right?
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Kraken wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:00 am It took me 15 years to figure out that Blackhawk and Daehawk are two different people.
:?
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

And a raised tentacle to those who are no longer with us.

Off the top of my head, Avenger, DD*, and BCR13974, plus likely some others that simply quietly disappeared.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Just on the first page of EBG I see threads started by members who appear to be MIA:

shaggydoug
Storm Crow
SpaceLord
Odin
KeriKitKat
tgb
Moliere
TiLT
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Brian

Post by Brian »

gbasden wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 pm I think I've only met JeffV and Lawbeef in person, but I feel like I know some of you better than I do some of my in-person friends given everything that's been shared over the last two decades.
You met me and my wife (CrazyLady) as well as Kasey Chang while I was on a work related trip back in 2014ish if I recall.
We ate at the Fogo De Chao in San Francisco.
Last edited by Brian on Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Don't believe everything you read on the internet." - Abraham Lincoln
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I wonder what Chris Grenard is up to these days?

And I remember playing a whole bunch of Ghost Recon on his unthrottled fiber optic university server with many a GGer back in the day. Good times!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

Brian wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:13 pm
gbasden wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 9:39 pm I think I've only met JeffV and Lawbeef in person, but I feel like I know some of you better than I do some of my in-person friends given everything that's been shared over the last two decades.
You met me and my wife (CrazyLady) as well as Kasey Chang while I was on a work related trop back in 2014ish if I recall.
We ate at the Fogo De Chao in San Francisco.
You are most certainly correct and that was so much fun I can't believe I didn't think of that!
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Holman wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 10:33 am
hepcat wrote: Thu Jul 23, 2020 8:49 pm The hepcat account was bought out about 3 years ago by PepsiCo. Now it’s primarily used to inform the general public about such great products as Dorito’s awesome new flavor Ranch Cool Whip Spicy Nachos, and Sierra Mist beverages. If you send this account a PM and include your email address, you’ll receive exciting news and great coupons in your inbox every week!
We get the Nacho Elite Club newsletter if we include our social security number and mother's maiden name, right?
Baumgartner is already in our databanks. As is your children's names, the names of all your pets, your waist sizes from 1977 through 2020, and how much delicious and refreshing Sierra Mist you and your family consume on a yearly basis.
Covfefe!
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:21 pm I wonder what Chris Grenard is up to these days?

And I remember playing a whole bunch of Ghost Recon on his unthrottled fiber optic university server with many a GGer back in the day. Good times!
He was going to get married this summer (until the virus prevented having such gatherings)!
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Lorini

Post by Lorini »

Anyone know what happened to tgb? I realized the other day I hadn't seen anything from him .
Black Lives Matter
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Lorini wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:04 pm Anyone know what happened to tgb? I realized the other day I hadn't seen anything from him .
I think he moved and went to another forum.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Lorini wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:04 pm Anyone know what happened to tgb? I realized the other day I hadn't seen anything from him .
Allegedly moved to Mexico. Not sure why he left here though. I hope he's doing well. BONUS: That thread contains thoughts and observations from GreenGoo. Similarly, I hope he's doing well.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:05 pm Just on the first page of EBG I see threads started by members who appear to be MIA:

shaggydoug
Storm Crow
SpaceLord
Odin
KeriKitKat
tgb
Moliere
TiLT
Odin (one of the overlords I've met) posts daily on facebook. I have no idea why he stopped coming here.
naednek

Post by naednek »

I've met Simon. I can't recall if he was just on GG or at OO as well. It all blends in now. He lived in the same area, then he moved to Northern Washington. I visited him a few times shortly after he moved, stayed over a few days.

While up there, we met up with some other people, but I can't recall. I think hitbyambulance was there. It was at a restaurant, but I have no idea what it was called. Too long ago.
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Kraken wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 4:32 pm I have no idea why he stopped coming here.
suspicious :ninja:
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

The Meal wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 2:54 pm
$iljanus wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 1:21 pm I wonder what Chris Grenard is up to these days?

He was going to get married this summer (until the virus prevented having such gatherings)!
That’s great news!
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

tgb never responded to my last attempt to ping him via SMS.

Spacelord is somewhat prolific on FB. Not sure why he dissed us; if ever it becomes practical to travel again and we find our way to Colorado I will have to ask him. Not sure what happened to Odin, he ditched me on FB the same time he quit posting here. I can only assume he was slain during a Renaissance Faire exhibition gone awry.
Black Lives Matter
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

naednek wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 5:39 pm I've met Simon. I can't recall if he was just on GG or at OO as well. It all blends in now. He lived in the same area, then he moved to Northern Washington. I visited him a few times shortly after he moved, stayed over a few days.

While up there, we met up with some other people, but I can't recall. I think hitbyambulance was there. It was at a restaurant, but I have no idea what it was called. Too long ago.
ah yes, the 'Seattle meet-up' that occurred in Bellevue, lol. it was some Bland Faceless Overpriced Corporate Post-Work ""Good Times"" Brewery®™ that i'm sure no one could remember what the name was. i know who else was there, but i forgot all their handles and names :$ one of the Bovine Conspiracy people, for sure. this was back when one of them had the family computer repair shop that became an Asian back-massage-bed-machine reseller in Bellevue.
dbt1949

Post by dbt1949 »

Anybody remember Slambie? She really burned her bridges when she left. Anyone know why she was so PO'd?
Ye Olde Farte
Double Ought Forty
aka dbt1949
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

That name rings a bell but I don't remember anything.

One of our lost members I mourn is ibdoomed. I know he left or was banned for valid reasons, but he was extremely kind to Mrs. Nym and I in OO's WoW guild during the Cataclysm era.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

dbt1949 wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 11:04 pm Anybody remember Slambie? She really burned her bridges when she left. Anyone know why she was so PO'd?
Yes. I traded a few games with her and with one, she even included her soul (true story). I don't remember anything about leaving in anger, sorry.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Jeff V wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:05 pm Not sure what happened to Odin, he ditched me on FB the same time he quit posting here. I can only assume he was slain during a Renaissance Faire exhibition gone awry.
As I recall, he did a 'house cleaning' a while back on FB, and removed everyone he didn't directly interact with on a somewhat regular basis. It was just a criteria, not a personal judgment.
Harkonis

Post by Harkonis »

Baroquen wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 10:54 pm I proudly still wear the t-shirt, and enjoy the fact that nobody understands it.
My shirt is shredded and needs replaced
I loved DP too! :P - ChesspieceFace
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

I've been able to meet quite a number of you fine folk thanks to my twice yearly OctoCons. While they are not quite the gathering that they useta was, they're still a lot of fun. Hopefully on the other side of the pandemic we'll get another one fired up.

And it all started from Heroscape games that outgrew my little basement...
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
gbasden

Post by gbasden »

$iljanus wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 6:23 pm I wonder what Chris Grenard is up to these days?
Wasn't he also doing community management work for Dinogenics? Not to minimize his impending nuptials, of course. :)
Jeff V

Post by Jeff V »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 12:27 am
Jeff V wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:05 pm Not sure what happened to Odin, he ditched me on FB the same time he quit posting here. I can only assume he was slain during a Renaissance Faire exhibition gone awry.
As I recall, he did a 'house cleaning' a while back on FB, and removed everyone he didn't directly interact with on a somewhat regular basis. It was just a criteria, not a personal judgment.
He must have had some extreme definition of interaction -- I thought we interacted as much as I do with anyone there.
Black Lives Matter