Poker on OO Game On!

This is the place for self-contained forum games

Moderator: Zaxxon

bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Re: Poker on OO Game On!

Post by bb2112 »

Wow, congrats LM.
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
BCY4920 - You can suck it Johnny Angel.
Remus West

Re: Poker on OO and then there were 5!

Post by Remus West »

Hand 17

LordMortis has the button.
Jaymann is the small blind
bb2112 is the big blind

Blinds 10/20

clicks 156

Current stacks
Lord Mortis - 376
The Meal - 0
Jaymann - 61
bb2112 - 537
vorret - 196
pr0ner - 0

Pot: 30

Action on LordMortis
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

What a perfect fold time. When I have no skin in the hand.

Fold to Jaymann
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

All in
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days
Location: Knowledge! It is almost as important as money, luck, and family connections.

Post by bb2112 »

Ok - call

Not overly confident, but it is an ok hand.

Flip
:Ah: :3c:
That's no reason to cry. One cries because one is sad. For example, I cry because others are stupid, and that makes me sad.
Why would I stab an Oracle? Wait, what am I saying? Why wouldn't I stab an Oracle? - Belkar Bitterleaf
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

I won't be able to get to this until tomorrow.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Remus West

Re: Poker on OO and then there were 5!

Post by Remus West »

Hand 17

LordMortis has the button.
Jaymann is the small blind
bb2112 is the big blind

Blinds 10/20

clicks 156

Current stacks
Lord Mortis - 376
The Meal - 0
Jaymann - 0
bb2112 - 486
vorret - 196
pr0ner - 0

Pot: 142

LordMortis - fold
Jaymann - all in (+51)
bb2112 - call

Jaymann shows :3s: :6d:
bb2112 shows :Ah: :3c:

Flop:
:4c: :Js: :9d:

Turn:
:5d:

River:
:Ks:

bb2112 wins pot of 142 chips with high card :Ah:

next hand soon.....also, bb2112 is on a long ass flight so it may be a bit one way or the other.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Thanks all, good luck.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

He just autofolds every 24 hours, right?
Remus West

Re: Poker on OO HEADS UP!

Post by Remus West »

Hand 18

LordMortis is the big blind
bb2112 is the small blind and button

Blinds 10/20

clicks 160

Current stacks
Lord Mortis - 356
The Meal - 0
Jaymann - 0
bb2112 - 618
vorret - 196
pr0ner - 0

Pot: 30

Action on bb2112
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Raise 40
Spoiler:
I am now home from Europe. Yea!
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Assuming that is Raising by 40 to 60.

Call to Remus
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

And welcome home.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Flop in the AM because I am too lazy to walk upstairs and get my notes.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Hand 18

Blinds 10/20

clicks 160

Current stacks
Lord Mortis - 316
The Meal - 0
Jaymann - 0
bb2112 - 568
vorret - 196
pr0ner - 0

Pot: 120

bb2112 - Raise 40
LordMortis - Call 40

To the flop:
:Ad: :7d: :7h:

Action on LordMortis
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

All in to bb2112
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Call
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

:8d: :Td:

30% chance of taking the drivers seat, vs being slowly bled dry... Let's see how it goes... (Or I could get river a strange straight to break your 2 pair)
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

:Qd: :7c:

:lol: I had you on the 2 pair
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Hand 18

Blinds 10/20

clicks 160

Current stacks
Lord Mortis - 0
The Meal - 0
Jaymann - 0
bb2112 - 252
vorret - 196
pr0ner - 0

Pot: 752

bb2112 - Raise 40
LordMortis - Call 40

To the flop:
:Ad: :7d: :7h:

LordMortis - all in (316)
bb2112 - call

LordMortis reveals :8d: :Td:
bb2112 reveals :Qd: :7c:

To the turn:
:Qc:

and the river:
:9d:

bb2112 wins pot of 752 chips with a full house, 7s full of queens.
LordMortis is eliminated with a flush 1 shy of a straight flush.
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

On a side note, bb2112 is the luckiest son of a ***** ever. Both true trap hands he hit the bigger monster. Each time someone was put in position to "need" to push he had a better hand.

The Meal is the unluckiest player. I'd need to look at my notes but I recall looking at it one time and realizing he literally had the worst hand nearly every time had everyone played to the showdown. Even his "good" starters got out drawn. Most of those hands did not see showdown but still....ugh.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

He had me beat either way but I didn't see things getting better for me hand by hand in the future. I either try when I get something like a flush draw or I just let him eat my chips at a quickening pace. The internet tells me..

https://poker.stackexchange.com/questio ... t-my-flush

35% (even better than I thought) to put him on the weak chair and me in driver's seat, again with chips being eaten at an ever quickening pace.

I probably could have digested the game and played a lot smarter earlier, but then I've never been a great player and I haven't played in a long time.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Remus West wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 10:50 am On a side note, bb2112 is the luckiest son of a ***** ever. Both true trap hands he hit the bigger monster. Each time someone was put in position to "need" to push he had a better hand.
Agreed! It was definitely more luck than anything on my part. I had decent starting hands and then fell into great hands as the cards came out.
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Thanks for running RW!
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Oh, and I agree on the format. WAAAAAAY to fast. Sorry about that. I didn't want to change it part way in though.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

The pace does keep you involved. Give a little. Take a little. The pace drove the game to last only a month and 1/3rd.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

I thought the pace was just fine. It was the flops that were found wanting.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
bb2112
End of Days

Post by bb2112 »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:02 pm I thought the pace was just fine. It was the flops that were found wanting.
They usually got better by 4th or 5th street. :wink:
The Meal

Post by The Meal »

Remus, thanks again for running this. Was it about the right amount of work on your side? Was it fun to see what was coming down and how folks were playing with your x-ray vision? (Probably less fun with your mother's health concerns... I hope she's recovering well!) Anyway, appreciate what you did for us (even if I was the unlucky one this time around). Definitely agree with your choice to not speed things along part way through.
"Better to talk to people than communicate via tweet." — Elontra
Remus West

Post by Remus West »

Jaymann wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:02 pm I thought the pace was just fine. It was the flops that were found wanting.