The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Remus West

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Remus West »

I really feel like he doesn't care what any of his actions do to impact the election because unless he wins he is going to ignore it anyway. This way he has laid the ground work to keep his cultist behind him when he refuses to leave.
“As democracy is perfected, the office of president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. On some great and glorious day the plain folks of the land will reach their heart's desire at last and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.” - H.L. Mencken
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

"It's OK everyone, Trump wasn't serious. He was just making a joke to troll the libs!"

Narrator: Trump was serious.

GOP Sen Cornyn tells reporters Trump’s election-delay tweet was a joke “so all you guys in the press, your heads will explode and you'll write about it”
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 pm "It's OK everyone, Trump wasn't serious. He was just making a joke to troll the libs!"

GOP Sen Cornyn tells reporters Trump’s election-delay tweet was a joke “so all you guys in the press, your heads will explode and you'll write about it”
And how many times have we heard that before? But let's applaud him for drinking water with one hand!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

GOP senators have pretty well rehearsed lines for Trump tweets at this point. One is that they haven't read the tweet. If they can't say that, this is the next fallback - 'he's not serious'. Next step in all of this is for Trump to clarify today or tomorrow that yes he absolutely is serious.
Black Lives Matter.
Enough

Post by Enough »

El Guapo wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:30 pm GOP senators have pretty well rehearsed lines for Trump tweets at this point. One is that they haven't read the tweet. If they can't say that, this is the next fallback - 'he's not serious'. Next step in all of this is for Trump to clarify today or tomorrow that yes he absolutely is serious.
Well he just pinned the tweet.
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 2:05 pm "It's OK everyone, Trump wasn't serious. He was just making a joke to troll the libs!"

Just got off a virtual town hall call with Sen. Cornyn that my company held. He talked a pretty good game for a Texas GOP Senator, but it was very short and questions were submitted ahead of time and only a couple softballs were asked. But in case you were curious, COVID isn't that bad, the economy must be protected and there is bipartisan support for body cameras. For some reason he didn't mention the president at all.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
stessier

Post by stessier »

coopasonic wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 3:29 pm

Just got off a virtual town hall call with Sen. Cornyn that my company held. He talked a pretty good game for a Texas GOP Senator, but it was very short and questions were submitted ahead of time and only a couple softballs were asked. But in case you were curious, COVID isn't that bad, the economy must be protected and there is bipartisan support for body cameras. For some reason he didn't mention the president at all.
Any clarification on the spread of demon DNA in your area?
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

Paingod wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:30 am
Holman wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:27 amI wonder if telling your own believers "voting in any form is unsafe and insecure" is the best electoral strategy?
His believers already have who they want in charge and would likely be fine with having no election at this point.
In which case Pelosi becomes president on Jan 20.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Alefroth wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 4:19 pm
Paingod wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:30 am
Holman wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 9:27 amI wonder if telling your own believers "voting in any form is unsafe and insecure" is the best electoral strategy?
His believers already have who they want in charge and would likely be fine with having no election at this point.
In which case Pelosi becomes president on Jan 20.
LOL. Take that for your constitution.
The person having the greatest number of votes for President, shall be the President, if such number be a majority of the whole number of Electors appointed; and if no person have such majority, then from the persons having the highest numbers not exceeding three on the list of those voted for as President, the House of Representatives shall choose immediately, by ballot, the President. But in choosing the President, the votes shall be taken by states, the representation from each state having one vote; a quorum for this purpose shall consist of a member or members from two-thirds of the states, and a majority of all the states shall be necessary to a choice. And if the House of Representatives shall not choose a President whenever the right of choice shall devolve upon them, before the fourth day of March next following, then the Vice-President shall act as President, as in the case of the death or other constitutional disability of the President
If I am reading correctly, the most likely result we'd have a president Pence on March 4th. As I don't see Trump getting 33 of 50 states to choose him, no matter how broken our system is in favor of "small" states. (I also think that Boogaloo would have won, in that we'd have our second civil war)
Holman

Post by Holman »

What I keep hearing (although I think it's all very unlikely) is that with an uncertified election, there would be no House of Representatives at all (since no one won any seat). That means no Pelosi.

However, it also means that senators currently running would not be seated either. IIRC, the current count of non-running incumbents means that the congress would consist of 33 democratic senators and 30 GOP ones.

Of course this might all be junk thinking. Presumably Fireball knows how it works.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

You're all so cute, quoting what the law says will happen after we discard the law.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Enough

Post by Enough »

FFS!

https://twitter.com/ChadPergram/status/ ... 2505447424
Trump now says he’d like the election date moved up

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Done! Let's do it tomorrow.
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

It's almost like he just wants to sling his dick around to prove he is in charge...
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Enough

Post by Enough »

Still haven't seen the actual quote, so maybe Fox News is taking him out of context to sew more madness. Sure we will see it soon.

Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:11 pm It's almost like he just wants to sling his dick around to prove he is in charge...
In this case, let's do it.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:34 pm
Jaymann wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:11 pm It's almost like he just wants to sling his dick around to prove he is in charge...
In this case, let's do it.
Can we call "no backsies" on this?
Black Lives Matter.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

He has no authority or mechanism to do this, so I hope he makes it his life mission.
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

You know, there is this thing when people say "move up" when they "move back.". Like, "Let's move that 1pm up to 2pm."

It confuses the heck out of me sometimes and it's not uncommon. Seems like one of the annoying foibles Trump could have.

https://nickclaussen.com/2016/07/29/the ... solutions/
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:54 pm You know, there is this thing when people say "move up" when they "move back.". Like, "Let's move that 1pm up to 2pm."

It confuses the heck out of me sometimes and it's not uncommon. Seems like one of the annoying foibles Trump could have.

I have never heard that. That would leave me befuddled.

I hate when people do things like use Bi-time period to mean every other. Bi-annual. Bi Weekly. Bi Monthly. That's all means twice per. And now I am finding people saying "twice per" to mean "Semi" which also make me crazy. You can't tell me "This benefit is good twice per year" when it can be used semi-annually because if you try to use it January and March, you are fooked.

As to Trump, who knows. There is no such think as Trump Whisperer. Only excuses for his inability to be tied to anything he ever says.
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

LordMortis wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:02 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 2:54 pm You know, there is this thing when people say "move up" when they "move back.". Like, "Let's move that 1pm up to 2pm."

I have never heard that. That would leave me befuddled.

I hate when people do things like use Bi-time period to mean every other. Bi-annual. Bi Weekly. Bi Monthly. That's all means twice per. And now I am finding people saying "twice per" to mean "Semi" which also make me crazy. You can't tell me "This benefit is good twice per year" when it can be used semi-annually because if you try to use it January and March, you are fooked.

As to Trump, who knows. There is no such think as Trump Whisperer. Only excuses for his inability to be tied to anything he ever says.
At this point I think biweekly is a borderline useless word, given that it seems roughly evenly split between people using it to mean "twice a week" and people using it to mean "every other week".
Black Lives Matter.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:21 pm At this point I think biweekly is a borderline useless word, given that it seems roughly evenly split between people using it to mean "twice a week" and people using it to mean "every other week".
They broke me. I actually said it backwards. AH!!!!!!! I agree, it's useless now and now I'm am example of why. So many people have said wrong to me, I typed my frustration the opposite of what I meant to. Bi mean 2 of. Semi means half of. Bicycle. Two tires. Bicentennial 200 years. Semi circle. Semi annual every six months. Bi monthly every other month. Semi monthly twice a month.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

So why do they call a big truck a semi?
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Wiki
A semi-trailer is a trailer without a front axle.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:44 pm So why do they call a big truck a semi?
Because it's half of a real truck, of course.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Jaymann wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 3:44 pm So why do they call a big truck a semi?
Because it's half a truck without the tractor. With the tractor it's a semi tractor-trailer.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

But why do they call a big truck a semi?
Black Lives Matter.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

*Double post*

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

El Guapo wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:01 pm But why do they call a big truck a semi?
Half tractor/half trailer = half tractor/trailer = semi tractor/trailer = semi tractor-trailer. Shortened to semi.

Semi = half erect penis.

Trump presidency thread.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

No commentary needed...

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

"Let me read this prepared, highly ironic statement that I know nothing about and then spout off on a totally unrelated talking point..."

MYT
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Hey, look!
Microsoft is in talks to acquire TikTok’s U.S. operations, as President Donald Trump is expected to order the popular video-sharing app’s parent company to divest its ownership stake, according to multiple reports Friday.
So what? Well:
The Committee on Foreign Investment in the U.S. launched a probe into TikTok last year, prompted by concerns from Congress about the cache of data it has collected on Americans. The review is focused on Bytedance’s 2017 acquisition of TikTok.
The Committee on Foreign Investment is the same group that orchestrated the Kodak deal. Trump appointees. That's bad enough but I'm also told there are several Kushner college buddies in the organization.

The amount of corruption and graft going on, it will take a million forensic accountants on a million spreadsheets million years to sort it out.

MYT
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

And those Sarah Cooper videos...
Jaymann
Black Lives Matter
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

Spoiler:
BREAKING: Trump tells reporters aboard Air Force One he is banning TikTok
Hmm...
Black Lives Matter
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

So he's just entirely conceding the youth vote?
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Dude, if my kids are denied TikTok, all hell is going to break loose.
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
malchior

Post by malchior »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 11:12 pm So he's just entirely conceding the youth vote?
Nah. This is just to help Microsoft buy TikTok. Someone is lining his pockets. This is all grift. It's grift all the way down.

Edit: Ah I see that Lawbeefaroni has covered this already. The US Government is bottomless corruption. I don't know that Biden is going to be able to unwrap all the tendrils.
Holman

Post by Holman »

It seems that The Kids Today have already figured out how to access TikTok with Canadian addresses.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

I'm just glad our great President has his priorities in order. While sitting here pondering whether or not to send my kids to school in the midst of a pandemic that has killed 150,000 fellow Americans, and wondering if my job would be safe in a collapsing economy, my mind couldn't help but fret over whether a video app that I don't own was spying on me.