The Former Trump Presidency Thread

For discussion of religion and politics

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: The Trump Presidency Thread

Post by Skinypupy »

Good lord. This interview’s gonna be...something.

When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Just read the fucking testing manuals, that tell you that you can test too much!
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

YellowKing wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 11:21 am I'm just glad our great President has his priorities in order. While sitting here pondering whether or not to send my kids to school in the midst of a pandemic that has killed 150,000 fellow Americans, and wondering if my job would be safe in a collapsing economy, my mind couldn't help but fret over whether a video app that I don't own was spying on me.
I was out walking last week when the sound on my phone suddenly cut out. I spent the next mile fiddling with every sound-related setting I could find, and could not make it work again. I finished my walk without music and then noticed that the TikTok app had opened itself and begun playing some random thing -- that's what was blocking my sound. I didn't even know it had come pre-installed, but I quickly uninstalled it. Our phones are always spying on us, but not always for the Chinese.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

It didn’t come preinstalled. You ok’ed the install, I’m sure of it, Mom.

:P :D
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

The Aussies got it right when it comes to biting commentary about the Trump administration:

https://boingboing.net/2020/07/31/this- ... capsu.html
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:34 pm The Aussies got it right when it comes to biting commentary about the Trump administration:

Previously shared elsewhere.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Unagi wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 2:00 pm
Kasey Chang wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 12:34 pm The Aussies got it right when it comes to biting commentary about the Trump administration:

Darn it. Always late to the party.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Punisher

Post by Punisher »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sat Aug 01, 2020 12:54 pm Just read the fucking testing manuals, that tell you that you can test too much!
I am quite sure that the manuals produced by the companies that make the testing kits have a section telling you to not buy too many of their kits so that you don’t test too much..
I’m pretty sure all companies are more worried about the public than making extra money.
All yourLightning Bolts are Belong to Us
GungHo

Post by GungHo »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:38 pm

First time I saw it...🤷‍♂️
But I tend to be late to parties too
OR
cry in a corner that the world has come to a point where you have to pay for imaginary shit.

-Hiccup
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

GungHo wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 2:42 am
Kasey Chang wrote: Sun Aug 02, 2020 4:38 pm

First time I saw it...🤷‍♂️
But I tend to be late to parties too
Defiant wrote: Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:21 am
On the current page of Pictures and Videos thread.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Unagi wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:14 am
and it's a beautiful thing well worth oversharing.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

coopasonic wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 3:29 pm
Unagi wrote: Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:14 am
and it's a beautiful thing well worth oversharing.
Sure, but overshare it with a beautiful image.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

The full Axios (Center-aligned, according to AllSides.com) interview with Trump

With fact checks:
  • 1:29: Claims to have been given a lot of credit for positive thinking. Opinion: That's all he does, but it's the wrong kind of positive.
  • 1:54: They've done a very incredible job re: ventilators. False: We still have nationwide shortages, and hospitals are having to consider prioritizing who gets them.
  • 2:03: Nobody wanted him to stop travel from China. False: He was more like the 41st world leader to do this, and people in his own party had called for it before then.
  • 2:07: The China travel ban was very early in January. False: The travel ban executive order was January 31st, 5 days after the WHO declared it a global health threat, taking effect Feb. 2nd.
  • 2:11: Put a travel ban on Europe. True: On March 11th, well into the pandemic when there were tens of thousands of cases in Europe.
  • 2:16: We would have lost hundreds of thousands more lives if he hadn't put travel bans in place. True: BUT We would have saved many more lives if he hadn't faffed around and told everyone it would go away on its own.
  • 2:18: Experts thought his travel bans were too severe at this point. False: Unable to find a genuine expert that felt it was too severe by March. In mid-January, though, the WHO felt that travel bans would hinder pandemic response.
  • 2:24: Experts were all saying they were glad he set up travel bans by March for Europe. False: Unable to find a genuine expert that felt this way, but some experts were calling for a 9/11 style commission to determine why we screwed up so badly.
  • 3:03: Nobody knew what this was all about and never happened before. False: Let's not forget that Obama left a 69pg "Playbook" to cover this exact scenario and tried to brief Trump's team, and Trump had previously dissolved the response team designed to handle this.
  • 3:10: Repeatedly calls it the Flu of 1917. False: 1918 Flu Pandemic.
  • 3:12: There's never been anything like this. False: See also: Past pandemics
  • 3:16: The Fake News doesn't talk about the suffering of other countries. False: The actual news does cover this issue globally.
  • 3:21: Some countries are suffering proportionately more than the US is. True: The US is currently 9th out of the world for confirmed cases and COVID-related deaths per million, and testing. The vast majority of countries in the world are currently handling this better than us.
... Okay, I thought I might have time, but the man makes so many claims so rapidly that there's no way to keep up with his lies unless you make it your full time job. In the first 3:20 of his interview he had 9 verifiable lies, 3 misleading truths, and one self-aggrandizing opinion. By those odds, a 37 minute interview should have something on the order of 95 lies, 31 misleading truths, and 10 self-aggrandizing opinions.

I honestly don't think he'd be able to tell someone the time without lying.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

What the fuck?

Trump on Monday set September 15 as the deadline for TikTok to find a US buyer, failing which he said he will shut down the app in the country. In an unusual declaration, Trump also said any deal would have to include a "substantial amount of money" coming to the US Treasury.

"Right now they don't have any rights unless we give it to them. So if we're going to give them the rights, then ... it has to come into this country," Trump said. "It's a great asset, but it's not a great asset in the United States unless they have approval in the United States."
You know that includes a kickback to friends/family.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Ralph-Wiggum

Post by Ralph-Wiggum »

I've only seen a few clips since I'm not sure I can stomach the whole thing, but his whole "deaths per cases" thing is so stupid. As the interviewer points out repeatedly, what is most important is deaths per capita, where the US is one of the worst countries in the world. Also, the figures Trumps hands over to the reporter look like something a fourth grader would put together. They only show the US compared to three or four other countries, which I'm sure were handpicked by people in the administration to make the US look better than it is. This is what happens when you have supporting staff that feels it's most important to make the president feel good about himself than it is for him to know the truth of the problem. :grund: :grund:
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

It continues to amaze me that a not-insignificant percentage of the US population looks to Trump as an shining example of strength, intelligence, integrity, and strong leadership. That is utterly baffling to me, especially given the facts in evidence.

His pettiness about John Lewis not coming to his inauguration is infuriating.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Ralph-Wiggum wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 8:59 am I've only seen a few clips since I'm not sure I can stomach the whole thing, but his whole "deaths per cases" thing is so stupid. As the interviewer points out repeatedly, what is most important is deaths per capita, where the US is one of the worst countries in the world.
They can both be important. Of course, POTUS says our cases are only so high because we test too much, so if deaths per cases is the best and testing is the best, then you have to put data points in context, don't you?

Also what I perpetually want to hear more about is what we are learning about potentially chronic conditions and potentially chronic conditions per cases and potentially chronic conditions capita and and potentially chronic conditions per demographic. Has POTUS/Pence/Jared/Brix ever been asked about this once and addressed it? After 8+ months globally and 5+ months in the US more data has be out there being collected and examined every day, doesn't it?
hentzau

Post by hentzau »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Aug 04, 2020 9:09 am It continues to amaze me that a not-insignificant percentage of the US population looks to Trump as an shining example of strength, intelligence, integrity, and strong leadership. That is utterly baffling to me, especially given the facts in evidence.

His pettiness about John Lewis not coming to his inauguration is infuriating.
This part of the interview infuriated me. Well, all of it did to be honest, but that one part...that he can't even...

I need to stop. Sorry.
“We can never allow Murania to become desecrated by the presence of surface people. Our lives are serene, our minds are superior, our accomplishments greater. Gene Autry must be captured!!!” - Queen Tika, The Phantom Empire
Enough

Post by Enough »

Fuck this guy, Trump in OH today is saying Biden "against God."

https://twitter.com/atrupar/status/1291438276671397890
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

I’m not sure Trump wants to measure his fake religiosity vs, Biden’s.

Biden’s been in politics for more than 3.5 years
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

Unagi wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:44 pm I’m not sure Trump wants to measure his fake religiosity vs, Biden’s.

I dunno, he makes a solid point. Biden wants to hurt the Bible *and* hurt God. That seems pretty bad.
Black Lives Matter.
YellowKing

Post by YellowKing »

He's also against energy. And we need energy to make things turn on. I'm starting to second guess my vote. :think:
Enough

Post by Enough »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:51 pm He's also against energy. And we need energy to make things turn on. I'm starting to second guess my vote. :think:
I'm pretty sure OO predicted the Trumpverse with our "Those Damn Lightbulbs Again" thread. :ninja:
My blog (mostly photos): Fort Ephemera - My Flickr Photostream

“You only get one sunrise and one sunset a day, and you only get so many days on the planet. A good photographer does the math and doesn’t waste either.” ―Galen Rowell
Holman

Post by Holman »

Unagi wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:44 pm I’m not sure Trump wants to measure his fake religiosity vs, Biden’s.

A recent Trump ad shows a close-up of Biden sitting in a crowd with his eyes closed. The impression they're trying to give is that he's too senile to stay awake.

The actual source image has been identified as Biden sitting in church and praying.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Holman wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:27 pm

A recent Trump ad shows a close-up of Biden sitting in a crowd with his eyes closed. The impression they're trying to give is that he's too senile to stay awake.

The actual source image has been identified as Biden sitting in church and praying.
LOL

Exactly.
Kraken

Post by Kraken »

Oh come on. We saw trump teargas a bunch of libruls so he could go to a church and hold a prop Bible upside down for the cameras. That's some next-level faith posturing there.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Kraken wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:58 pm

Oh come on. We saw trump teargas a bunch of libruls so he could go to a church and hold a prop Bible upside down for the cameras.
OMG he is the Anti-Christ!
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Moat_Man

Post by Moat_Man »

YellowKing wrote: Thu Aug 06, 2020 6:51 pm He's also against energy. And we need energy to make things turn on. I'm starting to second guess my vote. :think:
Is Trump a Pakled?
End of line
¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Pakled-Ferengi hybrid, maybe.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Holman

Post by Holman »

It's hilarious watching them try to paint Biden as a Marxist Atheist Nihilist.

Wait, that's it!

Enlarge Image
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Kurth

Post by Kurth »

Holman wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 10:25 am It's hilarious watching them try to paint Biden as a Marxist Atheist Nihilist.

Wait, that's it!

Enlarge Image
What’s funny is, I cannot think of a better response to most of what the Trumpers are throwing at him. WhT else is he going to say?
Just 'cause you feel it, doesn't mean it's there -- Radiohead
Do you believe me? Do you trust me? Do you like me? 😳
malchior

Post by malchior »

Right. It is possibly an opportunity for him because he just can pick up any of these turds, tear it down, and point at it as a reason to ignore the rest. Or ignore them entirely. It probably doesn't matter much.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Ignoring Trump and his base is the best course of action.

Attempting to engage 10001 lies and conspiracies is how people go insane. It's better to simply say none of it has any merit and refuse to discuss it. You'd be arguing with the faith they have in the God Emperor Trump, not facts, which is a lost battle already.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

This could go in one of a dozen threads, so I'll just leave it in this one. Thought this was a very interesting thread on "how we got here" via racism, god, and guns. (unrolled version)

Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Trump is having a press conference at 7pm on a Friday night from his NJ golf course? I can only imagine what he's going to say.

EDIT: Oh. It's going to be good.

I will be doing a news conference on the ChinaVirus, the just announced very good economic numbers, and the improving economy, at 7pm from Bedminster, New Jersey. Also, the subject of the Beirut, Lebanon catastrophe will be discussed.
And from earlier today:
Pelosi and Schumer only interested in Bailout Money for poorly run Democrat cities and states. Nothing to do with China Virus! Want one trillion dollars. No interest. We are going a different way!
Is it possible to still send telegrams to people? Asking for a friend.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:34 pm Trump is having a press conference at 7pm on a Friday night from his NJ golf course? I can only imagine what he's going to say.

He'll say that the catering at Bedminster for his staff is worth every penny. All 40 million of them.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
malchior

Post by malchior »

I had it on while I chopped people on the Isle of Tsushima. I play with the Japanese on and it made more sense than he did. He claimed he is going to sign an EO covering pre-existing conditions. Wut? If only there was a law..anyway my rating on the batshit scale was 'Off the charts'. It was incomprehensible ranting as usual but he was slurring in parts. The man is not healthy. I can't wait to find out what neurological disorder they hid from us this time.

Edit: I missed it because eventually they cut away but apparently he also "led" the golf club bros in bullying a reporter when she asked why they weren't wearing masks.

LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

A cornerstone of ACA. Never done before? Is currently law. That he/GOP has sued to eliminate.

Jesus Christ.

MYT
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:30 pm A cornerstone of ACA. Never done before. Is currently law. That he/GOP has sued to eliminate. Jesus Christ.
I feel like even George Orwell would be saying WTF at this point.
Edit: I missed it because eventually they cut away but apparently he also "led" the golf club bros in bullying a reporter when she asked why they weren't wearing masks.
There was a photo shared of golfers (and kitchen staff?) standing shoulder-to-shoulder along with a dozen kids (they looked under 10 to me) in the meeting room. I'm not going to share it because of the kids, but it looked like maybe 4 masks in a group of about 25 or so people. I'd love to know how they found out they were going to be attending his hate rally press conference.
Maybe next year, maybe no go
malchior

Post by malchior »

Smoove_B wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:33 pm
LawBeefaroni wrote: Fri Aug 07, 2020 8:30 pm A cornerstone of ACA. Never done before. Is currently law. That he/GOP has sued to eliminate. Jesus Christ.
I feel like even George Orwell would be saying WTF at this point.
I can imagine there has to be a beleaguered aid who is just screaming into a pillow just out of the shot.
Last edited by malchior on Sat Aug 08, 2020 12:05 am, edited 1 time in total.