Spiderman PS4

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Isgrimnur

Re: Spiderman PS4

Post by Isgrimnur »

Pyperkub wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:32 pm I had the most problem with the drone challenges, trying to swing through those damned bubbles while keeping up. It took me forever to get through the one on the NE-ish corner of the map.
That's like the one thing I didn't 100%, which means not enough points to get the all suits trophy.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Yeah, orientation does matter a lot, it seems. Easiest to first take out the scouts near the top. I had a lot of problems trying to deal with clusters. I was disappointed that I couldn't do a ledge takedown when climbing up the face of a building as that seems like it would be a logical approach but somehow that's not available during stealth scenarios. It's annoying that they're so quick at spotting you.

I had way less problems with the drones, actually and found those relaxing.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I have a love/hate relationship with this game. Most of it is amazing and quite well done, but there are some parts of it that are not very well done. For example, the prison escape section feels rather rushed? There's a part where you go in and go after prison escapees and you get to a room that feels rather bare, with the end of the room looking more like part of something the devs put in there to block passage. and there were no UI indications of anything interactive, lacking much of the design language we'd seen up to this point. I was getting pretty exasperated as I couldn't figure out what I should be doing or where I should be going next, given that the part that was blocked off was rather clunky to get up to, so I had written it off early on as anything I needed to get to. I seriously feel like this part could have been done better. It was only after several tries that I managed to get through to the next room. Even then, I was rather surprised that's what it ended up being.

And then the chase with Electro starts, and when you get outside the prison, it seems you have a predetermined path to follow him on, and the minute you stray from it, you fail. And the problem is that because of the prison's outdoor architecture, it's kind of difficult to spot him. I spent quite a bit of time here just failing because I didn't realize which direction I needed to go.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

I had the issue with finding the path through the rubble as well. Not so much with chasing Electro
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Inverarity

Post by Inverarity »

I do recall some infuriating parts like that. I was less love/hate and more love/annoyed. They definitely accentuated the annoying, arcade-y aspects of the game at times, but it was few and far between for me. The worst thing I could say about my Spiderman experience is that I immediately followed it by playing RDR2 and for that reason, I have a hard time remembering its impact.
Pyperkub

Post by Pyperkub »

There were things which bugged me, but I loved this game.

One thing I remember is that I didn't like how all the supervillain fights (save one) ended on a QTE - price you pay for console games, I suppose. I liked pummeling baddies, etc, and also (end game spoiler)
Spoiler:
Really, really wanted to hit Doc Ock in the goggles with a web shot!
I'm even saving the GOTY DLC for a return visit. Just finished Horizon Zero Dawn's main campaign last night and it (also a pack in) was great too! Not sure if I'll do post campaign DLC in either of those, or move to the last pack in - God of War.
Black Lives definitely Matter Lorini!

Also: There are three ways to not tell the truth: lies, damned lies, and statistics.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

I don't mind the arcade-y parts as it's somewhat to be expected for a Superhero game, but it definitely seems unforgiving at times. I'm also kind of frustrated at some of the parts that expect you to go in one particular direction and have you fail for unclear reasons. Like, I was literally trying to figure out why I kept on failing on that chase, for over 5 min before I realized where I needed to go.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Alefroth

Post by Alefroth »

I think this game might be giving me motion sickness. I rarely ever get motion sickness in games, but after a couple of play sessions yesterday, I felt kind of dizzy and woozy. Could have been unrelated, but I'm wondering if it's due to swinging through the city. I really hope it isn't the game, because my time with it has been really fun so far.