Video Games Randomness - Prioritize specific game threads!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Skinypupy

Re: Video Games Randomness

Post by Skinypupy »

Weird, I wonder what's causing the issue on my end then. :?

I'll admit that my kids really love it, especially with the huge collection of Lego games. I rarely find myself using it because streaming rarely works and I've already play and/or own most of the downloadable games I have any interest in.
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Eel Snave

Post by Eel Snave »

My daughter keeps wanting me to play Sonic games on PS Now and it's a nightmare.
Downwards Compatible
We're playing every NES game alphabetically! Even the crappy ones! Send help!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I have a ton of games I'm going back to, but somehow, I find myself reinstalling MOH: Warfighter. I know I have the MOH game on DVD somewhere. I remember playing the mission I called Ranger Alamo, as well as the sniper and Apache missions. But I recall very little about the Warfighter missions.

I also don't recall ever finishing Mercenaries 2. So that's yet another "backlog" to work through.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I really enjoyed the first MOH. I am pretty I owned and finished all the others. But the first was the most fun. I loved using the shotgun in multiplayer. Always ranked first. People started complaining about the shotgun or that I was cheating .I started getting kicked from games. Bah fools.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

So far, MOH Warfighter is relying on interesting location, though I feel some of the plot is a bit... forced?

Just finished the Phillipines Hostage Rescue mission.
Spoiler:
It happens in the middle of a tropical storm. Two SEAL team members infiltrate the slums. The whole area is full of hostiles, even as flood waters roared, pushing vehicles and debris along, and even in this mess, enemies are patrolling. First few kills are silent, but soon it's a TOTAL shootout, with grenades and RPG. Met up with Filipino SEALs, whom, after a major fuckup, decided to trust us to rescue the hostages. Then it's a tough assault into the bowels of an abandoned hotel, and with the standard flashbang slo-mo breach action.

I decided to use the SMG almost exclusively as it has a larger magazine (41 instead of 30 rounds) and I can pump enemies with more lead close-in.

Then the game switched to a "rail shooter where I manned the grenade launcher on an RHIB after loading hostages onboard, but I'm not sure who I killed as the aim-reticule is horrible and range iffy. Basically plowing through debris-strewn waters dodging buildings and columns and a few enemies who somehow knew which way we're going and want to use us for target practice. Then somehow I had to switch and be the pilot while my buddy shoots. And somehow two Chinooks are flying WITH us dodging RPGs. Later, when we finally made it into a clear area, the Chinook dropped low enough that I can stand up and hook up the two lift hooks onto its belly. And finally we got out of there. I can imagine the civvies screaming in fear. :D
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Also for grins, I tried Jagged Alliance: Rage! And while it's not JA at its root, it's actually a pretty good tactical combat game in the same vein of JA. And it does use a fair bit of JA lore. But to accelerate things along, instead of a whole team of mercs, you just control TWO (choose from 7? 8?) with different specialties: doctor, mechanic, shooter, sniper, covert, and so on. So what's special this time? Each merc has needs. Mercs periodically need clean water (dirty water is drinkable, but may cause infection). Bandages, same idea. Clean ones stop bleeding. Dirty ones do too, but adds chance of infection. Each merc also has special abilities that can be called when the "rage" bar is filled (by kills or getting hit). You can also later find stuff that increases your carrying capacity and/or add armor. Weapons and armor also needs to be fixed. The game also has an FTL-like mechanism where a pursuit force is after you and you don't really want to be caught by it as it will be a tough fight, if it's even survivable. Though my last raid into an enemy camp and superior tactics did yield extra weapons and LOTS of ammo.

All in all, "not bad" so far. Will keep playing.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I feel like someone has to release a good Jagged Alliance sequel or successor at some point. It took years for X-COM. But 20 years later, it doesn't seem likely. I don't even bother to look at reviews anymore.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Sudy wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:28 pmI feel like someone has to release a good Jagged Alliance sequel or successor at some point. It took years for X-COM. But 20 years later, it doesn't seem likely. I don't even bother to look at reviews anymore.
There's no reason for someone not to. It was a good game and would sell a pile of copies on nostalgia alone if the developer hit the right mark.

I'd pay good money to see Elliot get slapped around in high-res 3D.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Don't know who might be interested, but Occupy Mars: Prologue, the free prologue to the upcoming Occupy Mars: The Game, is now available.

My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Baroquen

Post by Baroquen »

I broke down and bought Madden 21.

(I'll justify it to myself as it's got Lamar as the cover athlete this year. And I did have a gift card and used some Amazon points. So, yeah.)

And I will play it a ton, so there's that. But yeah... Madden. :doh:
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Paingod wrote: Thu Aug 20, 2020 7:15 am
Sudy wrote: Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:28 pmI feel like someone has to release a good Jagged Alliance sequel or successor at some point. It took years for X-COM. But 20 years later, it doesn't seem likely. I don't even bother to look at reviews anymore.
There's no reason for someone not to. It was a good game and would sell a pile of copies on nostalgia alone if the developer hit the right mark.

I'd pay good money to see Elliot get slapped around in high-res 3D.
FWIW, Elliot is in this game.

The problem with this game is the art direction went for the caricature cartoonish look instead. And dialog is over the top.
Spoiler:
In the "poison the water" mission, where you need to prevent the guards from poisoning the water treatment plant's 4 reservoirs, the order given by Elliot was "nobody can have MY water" or something like that. When the onsite commander objected about having no water (for them to drink), Elliot's response was "I can let my pool run dry for a few days".
With that said, Firaxis did a good job reimagining XCOM, but then they have some game design gods working there.

There has been a couple different versions of JA, and I probably have a few of them, but none that really... captured the essence, IMHO, that tactical combat combined with spinning plate management.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Well, well, seems in Jagged Alliance: Rage, my team just expanded to 4, now that Fidel has joined the team. So it's Raven (sniper), Vicki (mechanic/gunsmith/armorsmith), Dr. Q (healer), and Fidel (grunt/heavy weapons).

I really should give him the LMG, and dump some of the older weapons.

Raven has a 5.56 based marksmen rifle with a scope enhancement, but now that 7.62NATO is available, I will have her switch to the M40 sniper rifle instead, with the crossbow as a backup.

Vicki sports a Dragunov sniper rifle, with a silenced MP5K as backup, but I'm thinking about switching her to a P90 to save room.

Dr. Q gets the Pancor Jackhammer I just found... He doesn't have to worry about accuracy much. He gets an assault rifle as backup.

Not sure what to give Fidel yet. LMG looks like assault rifle with slightly larger magazine, slightly better armor penetration, but you give up action points on every firing.

EDIT: I'm done! Yep, Elliot got his just desserts.

Ending team: Raven with M40 sniper rifle (7.62 NATO) and crossbow for silent takedowns. Vicki with Dragunov rifle (Soviet 7.62) and MP5K (9mm) as backup spray and pray. // Dr. Q has the Pancor Jackhammer (12 gauge shotgun). Turns out he just has a 10% shooting penalty, easily compensated with a scope or reflex sight, with a Steyr Aug (5.56mm) for long-range shooting. And finally, Fidel has a SCAR-H (7.62 NATO) with a Kriss Vector for backup (.45 ACP) Tried giving Fidel an RPK (5.45mm LMG) but at 8 TU per shot, it's way too much. SCAR-H is 5 or 6 TU per shot.

Had to replay the palace mission three times. First time in, got ambushed on the stairs and lost Fidel somehow. Second time, the mercs let loose two of those bullet sponge "super soldiers" and I didn't have enough firepower to take it down quickly. Third time was a close call, but persevered (Dr. Q was down to 2 out of 15 hps) by using the Jackhammer in salvo mode and grenades in VERY close quarters, plus the use of...
Spoiler:
The alien blaster, sort of secret tlocation.
Just noticed there is a "hot tub" in the final level, and apparently, this is where I was supposed to place the rubber ducky I got at the very beginning for some sort of achievement? Hahahaha.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Im still stuck in Bioshock. Not sure how Ive finished it twice before over the years. Ive tried off and on all day.
All other levels Ive killed the big daddys and had normal fights. Might die once or twice every now and then but this one instantly kills me and theres 3 on this lvl to kill ugh. I could bypass them as they aren't aggro until you attack them. But I need the stuff from the little sisters they guard to use as money to upgrade my powers and buy new ones. Ive taken lots of pictures of them through the lvls and have a good bonus damage on them. Yet I die...over and over. Im juuuuuuust about to the point of deleting it because its become useless.
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

I'm guessing you are venting. Not sure that anyone can offer useful advice since you have already killed plenty.

Two non-obvious suggestions:
1) Find a counter or something that you can jump over. My recollection is that they don't climb/jump. So they will keep walking around to get to you. That will only work if they are trying to melee you, of course.
2) Mines. Isn't there a weapon that does that? I remember putting a bunch in the path and then starting the fight that way. Put a bunch more between them and where I'm at. That way they are already heavily wounded long before they get to me.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Yup been using mines. I have even tried stacking 6 in one spot and then attacking. They did nothing to this one. Its some kinda BD with a rivet gun that does super damage. Even my electro slug shotgun which is fully upgraded to fire fast, hit harder, and reload fast barely has a hint of damage on it after 5 hits up close. That would usually almost have one killed. I have a lvl 2 or 3...think 3...electro shock plasmid and it should both stop and hurt anything but this BD goes "Oh now you've had it " and just keeps coming.

Theres 2 strong turrets there but I cant hack them in any way. I have tried to do it myself as Im good at that and upgraded. I can turn over every piece and it will have a block in the way or I will be missing 1 piece I need to make it work. Ive NEVER seen a puzzle not have all the pieces...this doesn't. Its a maxed security pair. I have no money to buy it off and no tools to bypass them. So I have to destroy the turrets. They would be helpful.

Once I went back a lvl to try and kill a few guys Id missed them hack a machine to get more security picks....the lvl was repopulated and I got tired of that fast. So ya venting. May be looking for an excuse to quit too. But Id like to finish it...but I cant. This is also NOT the enhanced edition. Didn't care for that versions blurry stuff and bad lighting.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Was it a Rosie? If so, I remember them being tough. There are some tips on that page.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Freeze and shoot.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I am not sure if I want to replay JA:R at a higher difficulty level with a different team of mercs. Now that I got the crafting system figured out, will probably use it a bit more.

Basically, you need weapon parts and armor parts (which you loot, and can usually be found on bodies of "supersoldiers"). When you camp, those who can craft weapon attachments have a choice to do so, if weapon part is available, and same with ability to craft armor attachments.

Weapon attachments generally come in 3-4 types: magazine (quick change or +5 rounds), scope (reflex sight or sniper scope +20%), or barrel (compensator or suppressor). Armor attachment is either spectra (+1 armor), or pouches (+2 inventory slots).

Each merc can perform one build action per camp period (I think) and once attached to a weapon or armor, it cannot be detached. So you better want to keep that for a while. And repairing weapon is also an action, unless you have Vicki, who can repair EVERYBODY's weapons and armor in one turn. But that also means she can't build anything. Come to think of it, all four mercs I have can build weapon attachments, but I think only Vicki built armor attachment.

One sort of exploit I found was to shoot at the legs. There are three pieces of armor one can wear: head, torso, and leg. Helmet armor can range from 0 (not wearing one) to 1 (ballistic glasses), 2 (gas mask), 3 helmet, 4 pro helmet, 5 tactical helmet. Torso can range from 0 to 2 (vest), 3 (tac vest), 4 (plate carrier), 5 (spectra carrier), and 6 (guardian suit). The leg armor are 2 (dropleg pouches), 3 (armored holsters), and 4 (kevlar leggings). However, keep in mind that many of the best armor has no inventory slots (esp the heavy vests) and often the enemies you meet, except the black mercs, do not wear leg armor. M40 has a -4 armor piercing, means only enemies wearing +4 or higher armor will be protected. And once armor is pierced, critical hit is likely. I was able to one-shot many enemies in the leg instead of in the head. Of course, by end-game, enemies started wearing leg armor.

There are a lot of different achievements, but they seem rather exotic. Apparently, there's an achievement for making a kill using every kitchen instrument you find (fork, knife, rolling pin, even a spoon...) and for some reason, they are all considered "armor piercing" (i.e .ignores armor). And yes, even the rolling pin. :)
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

I played through Watch_Dogs years ago, but I never bought the DLC and now that I have Uplay+ I've finally gotten around to playing the Bad Blood DLC. Kind of fun and introduces some new gameplay which is cool.

I have to say that I'm surprised, or at least disappointed, that game companies don't seem to want to use their huge open world maps for new games, or at least big standalone DLC, like the ones for GTA IV. Maybe they don't think it will be profitable, which is understandable. However, going around the Chicago of Watch_Dogs, I'm just really impressed with how much detail there is present and how much of the world isn't used by the game's campaign or side missions or other content. Sure, for Watch_Dogs there was the online competitions like Tailing which were pretty cool, but so much of the map wasn't ever used to effect.

I guess with the success of GTA V Online, it is evident that there is little need to spend development time to make new single player content in a standalone product, but I would definitely want to buy a game that uses the Chicago of Watch_Dogs with a new campaign with new characters, story lines and missions.
My father said that anything is interesting if you bother to read about it - Michael C. Harrold
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Blackhawk wrote: Sat Aug 22, 2020 12:08 am Was it a Rosie? If so, I remember them being tough. There are some tips on that page.
Ya it was an Elite Rosie. Nasty enemy. I did get around it by using heat seekers. Which strangely used to do nothing to them. Of course after getting around that Ive had 3 crashes. Each time it resets my controls to default. So I died some more because Id miss rebinding a key..like health or switch ammo ...and Id not know the default one.
Freeze and shoot.
Ya know I thought that would be fun so I upgraded that plasmid. But its a horrible one. Like if I take off 3/4th their health then freeze them and start hitting or shooting them...I have to damage away the ice I just froze them with THEN the rest of their health. Its like giving them a shield they cant run around in. Ive only had 2 enemies shatter and both times I couldn't loot them. So I shelved that quick.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Grrrrrr. In Bioshock Im to escort a Little Sister around and protect her while she harvest adam for me. She has died twice. I restart because I dont want to lose one. i know I could just summon another. But now she is stuck at a corpse. She talks and talks like "Hurry Mr B!" and "Lets go Mr B" "This way Mr B" but she just keeps stabbing the poor corpse with her needle. She wont move. I cant shove her or shoot her. Ive restarted a few times. My only real option is start the entire lvl AGAIN. Im sick of starting it again.

I was really hoping to finish this one up tonight.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

So I'm installing Diablo 2 from disc... one of the options in the launcher is "sign up for the internet". :lol: Whatever it tries to launch doesn't work when I click on it... it's a process and not just a web link.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Sudy wrote: Sun Aug 23, 2020 8:49 am So I'm installing Diablo 2 from disc... one of the options in the launcher is "sign up for the internet". :lol: Whatever it tries to launch doesn't work when I click on it... it's a process and not just a web link.
From way back when? Probably Prodigy or AOL. :D Probably looking for a comport modem too. :)
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

It actually runs without tweaks or patching, too. At least once I added the "-w" command line. I need a pair of binoculars to play at this resolution. (Will be fixing it up later, and went ahead and registered and re-downloaded it on Battle.net too.)

But isn't it amazing to think that a game that was released over 20 years ago runs out of the box on an OS that launched fifteen years later? Good luck if you were expecting to run software from 1985 on Windows XP.

Also, holy crap, Diablo 2 is 20 years old. I remember seeing it for the first time when my pal got it as a birthday present in July 2000. I'm going to be dead soon.

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

"Finished" MOH Warfighter again. For all those missions "inspired by real events", they are pretty f***ing complicated. None of the scripts broke, but we were spending ammo like water. Even with trigger discipline, I swear I was asking for ammo every 2-3 minutes. Though the game somehow sticks you back with your default gun even if you dropped it to pick up something else so you can use it for the next scripted segment. Hahaha.

I guess looking at some of the Youtube videos inspired me to play some stuff again, though I don't really want to play COD:MW and MW2 again. let's just say, I've been watching a few videos of "OriginalHuman" channel... The guy's a Royal Marine, and let's just say, his in-game behavior sometimes makes sense, (clearing corners) but sometimes way too gamified (where's a health pack?!) and he completely lacks trigger discipline and not reload when there's a lull in the fighting. And he keeps complaining about getting surprised by enemy as his gun runs dry. :-P
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Had the urge to get my Skyrim box out and look at the receipt to see what time me and my wife were down there that day and picked it up..11/11/11....I was wondering if it was around 11am lol. But I cant find it! How I lose stuff in one room still amazes me. I know I own the boxed copy and I know what it looks like. But where its at ..shrug. Dangit.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Playing Mercenaries 2 reminded me why I never went too far in the game. it has no "difficulty level" selection that I can find, and it's rather... Frustrating to play. Mattias is supposed to be a grizzled merc that regenerates his health if you can let him recuperate a bit. And he does... regenerates to 50% in a few seconds. And he's against random Venezuelan military... whom he mows down without mercy or difficulty. The problem is the game relies on some continuous spawning enemy... For example... First real mission: conquer the Solano Villa, and kill the various entourage inside the villa. So how do you get in? You have to hijack a jeep, and SMASH your way through the gates, then shoot the entourage and guards. If you loiter outside the gate, you get INFINITE spawning enemy jeep with a heavy gunner in the back. You keep shooting them, they keep dying... and new ones are spawned. To stop them, simply get INSIDE the compound... Then you deal with random soldiers as you mow down the entourage.

And this is where you find that the game is MUCH easier to control with the keyboard and mouse, at least while shooting, but absolutely impossible to decipher when it comes to the quicktime button punch segments. I can control the shooting much easier and more precise with the mouse and keyboard. Then I ran into the level end miniboss... a minitank INSIDE the villa building. And the only way to kill it is to "hijack it", then play a QT segment with the tank commander. Except if you are on keyboard, you get a strange ICON, I think one is hand, and the next one is foot. But since none of those icons ever appeared before in the config, you have no F***ing idea what they are talking about. So you fail this, as you try again... while all the OTHER enemies fill you full of lead.

So you try this segment with the gamepad instead. And VOILA! The button prompts are replaced with actual buttons! (A) and (X) and so on. So it was almost trivial to beat this segment with a gamepad.

ARGH. I remember getting stuck on a particular mission, and decided enough is enough. I wonder if I will end up doing about the same this time also.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Just for a change of pace, I decided to try "Cold War", a stealth game, where an American reporter was framed by the head of KGB to be a part of a failed assassination attempt on the President of Russia, and is in the middle of a huge manhunt. The only way to clear his name is to fight his way out of Lenin's Mausoleum, then the Kremlin itself...

So far, the mechanics are just flat out... weird. Instead of just walk and run, your mouse wheel controls your walking (or crouch-walk) speed but given there only are like 3 levels of speed, this seems way superfluous. You create non-lethal "plastic bullets" by simply combining some plastic bottles with regular bullets, without any workshop. If you can walk up behind the guard, you can punch him out. But you will have to drug him so he doesn't walk up too soon. You also got an X-ray camera for seeing behind walls... So far, it's one frustration after another, as the guards just stand there, but you don't get a vision cone like in stealth games, so the only way to tell which way he's facing is use X-ray and see which hand has the gun... Somehow they are all righties in the game. :D If so, walk up behind him and punch him. If not... Well, guess you have to shoot him in the face (with a plastic/rubber bullet)

I was trying to sneak out of the Kremlin, but I can't find a way past the guard near the exit without making noise (use the gun). After three attempts (extra guards that shot me) I decided to take a break.

EDIT: Oh, there's barely any autosave. No checkpoints.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

I forgot about the absolutely jarring ass-beating you take in SPAZ (Space Pirates and Zombies) when you first move from normal space to Zombie space and get access to the 4th ship hangar. I went from "Yeah, this ain't too bad" to "OMG, make it stop" in 5 minutes.

With Hull, Armor, Cannons, Stealth, Drones, Reactors, and Engines as high as they can go... it's just not enough. Drones end up nearly useless except as zombie zappers. Cannons just aren't cutting through enemies as fast as they arrive, and the enemies routinely hit me with both top-tier Cannons and Laser weapons in mixed groups. My smaller ships pop like bubble wrap, but not having them means my flagship is the only target.

Gonna need to rethink my strategy.
Black Lives Matter

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My problem was zombie infection. I lost ships all the time to it. I loved the game and played it a LOT but never once finished it because zombie space simply was a ship and money and crew drain.

I got SPAZ2 due to how much I love SPAZ 1 but they changed so much I couldn't like it or play it or something. gave it a couple tries then shelved it for later days. that was a good while back.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 10:03 am My problem was zombie infection. I lost ships all the time to it. I loved the game and played it a LOT but never once finished it because zombie space simply was a ship and money and crew drain.

I got SPAZ2 due to how much I love SPAZ 1 but they changed so much I couldn't like it or play it or something. gave it a couple tries then shelved it for later days. that was a good while back.
Yeah, I had fun getting to zombie space and I know I've pushed past this initial hump before - but my gaming time has become more precious to me and I have less interest in long grinds than I used to.

SPAZ2 didn't resonate with me at all. They took too many things and stuck them on sideways. I couldn't even enjoy the way ships looked because they were all made of DUPLO blocks.
Black Lives Matter

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Switching to Battlefield 3's single player campaign. So far, it's a good ride. Controls are responsive, without being too harsh. When I died, I know what I did wrong (either not ducking properly or rushed at the wrong time, with the wrong weapon, etc.) And on easy, it's not a "I died every five feet" kinda experience.

EDIT: Finished. It was not a long campaign, and main acts as a training mission for the MP mode, but it's long enough for it to be satisfying, with combo of stealth, sniper, run-and-gun, flanking, antivehciel, tank ops, and anti-air fights. I think the air to air portion is a bit meh. Plot's not bad.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Tried to play Vector Thrust, but somehow it's NOT compatible with a standard XBox 360 gamepad, i.e. reference controller?!?! I can map the buttons, but when it comes to stick input, I get NOTHING. I wonder if the game was reading the old DirectInput vs. DirectX... But it's not THAT old, is it? It's very obviously trying to emulate or clone Ace Combat. And that's a bit of "meh". The planes have that Borderlands "outline" look to them.

Tried to play Dark Matter AGAIN. Got a little further, but it's getting frustrating when you basically slowly shuffle (in 2D) in a dark corridors of a space ship, occasionally shooting some critters, and trying to figure out what are the developers trying to make you do. Who's ever thought of "shooting out the flare" would cause the blocking debris to be retracted? Hah. Another level, I was just walking back from an area I explored when I was suddenly attacked by a floating creature who spat acid balls that bounced off the ground. Before I can even shoot back, i died. WTF? I revived, and walked back slowly, nothing. Apparently it only appears randomly?! WTF? No thanks.

I'm trying to clear out my backlog and try some games I never played before. So far, it's not really that enjoyable.
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

Just downloaded and played Mr. Prepper Prologue for a while. This is essentially the demo for the full up Mr Prepper game which hasn't been released yet. Kind of a fun and diverting and a good time killer.

wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Does it play like Fallout Shelter or is it a different kind of thing?
jztemple2

Post by jztemple2 »

wonderpug wrote: Thu Aug 27, 2020 2:20 pm Does it play like Fallout Shelter or is it a different kind of thing?
It plays differently. You are living in a repressive society that has trapped you into this town, so your prepping is being done to help prepare you to escape. The game is about resource gathering, making things, preparing your hidden lair and staying hidden from the inspectors that will occasionally come to inspect your home for compliance. Think "The Great Escape" combined with "THX 1138"
wonderpug

Post by wonderpug »

Sold
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

It's fun when you play a game for a couple hours and then realize you've botched the mechanics.

Deadnauts. Did you know you have to deliberately scan for threats and shield your allies? I didn't. Wasn't anywhere in the tutorial. You're supposed to intuit it. I assumed the characters acted as equipped. The soldiers and hacker work that way. Why not the defense and scouting? :hawk:

Took a couple good team wipes before I had to go find out WTF I was doing wrong.
Black Lives Matter

stessier

Post by stessier »

I was reading some reviews of Fall Guys on Ars after people talked about it here and it was mentioned that Steam has a Family Share thingy. Does that mean I could get my kids Steam accounts and then share my games with them? I assume only one person could play it at a time - but they would each have their own saves? This could be a big deal in my house.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles