Overlords Investment Conclave [OIC] Recruitment Thread

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Isgrimnur

Re: Overlords Investment Conclave [OIC] Recruitment Thread

Post by Isgrimnur »

NPR
The Dow Jones Industrial Average is the classic blue-chip stock index. Exxon Mobil is an iconic blue-chip stock.

But starting next week, the oil giant — currently the Dow's longest-tenured member — will be dropped from the influential index, which for many people is shorthand for the stock market.

The change is driven by Apple's decision to split its stock, according to S&P Dow Jones Indices, which is responsible for the Dow. Its impact on Exxon will be more symbolic than substantive.
Today, after the long rise of the tech giants and the abrupt collapse of the oil market, there are some three dozen companies more valuable than Exxon.

The Dow Jones Industrial Average is an index of 30 large U.S. companies, designed to roughly track the stock market performance of many sectors of the economy at once.
With the price of Apple stock suddenly lower, the tech industry will represent a smaller slice of the Dow pie. To get that pie back closer to its ideal proportions, the S&P Dow Jones Indices is removing Exxon Mobil, pharmaceutical giant Pfizer and defense contractor Raytheon from the index, and adding cloud software company Salesforce, biotech company Amgen and the manufacturer Honeywell.

The change will take place on Aug. 31. Chevron will be the only remaining energy stock in the Dow.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Z-Corn wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:57 am Interesting. I am reading Michael Pollan's How To Change Your Mind... and the subject is therapeutic use of psychedelics.

I do believe the evidence is there that psilocybin and MDMA might have legitimate medical uses. I just don't know if there will ever be enough demand for these drugs for an industry to arise for them. From what I gather, if the therapy session goes properly there is little need to repeat it. People's brains just get "fixed".
I have never come across that - everything I have read and heard usually talks about it in terms of treating depression and extreme anxiety, and that it lasts "months". I will dig more and report back to confirm. Still a little fuzzy on that.

Demand would be the estimated 17 million adults in the US (bout 250 globally?) suffering from depression. PTSD is another disorder that is frequently mentioned.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:25 am AOUT trades today. Been picking it up in the $15-16 range.

It's a spin off from SWBI. SWBI keeps the guns (Smith & Wesson), AOUT is the outdoor stuff and ammo. Think VSTO.

I think AOUT is worth more than $20. My opinion only.

(This is for LM who says I never discuss trades before the fact :wink: )

AOUT $18.62 (+5%)
SWBI $19.84 (+17%)

This one went completely under the radar, though some of the bump today is the unrest in Kenosha. Tempted to take profits but my target on both is a bit higher.
" Hey OP, listen to my advice alright." -Tha General
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LM appreciates it. He is watching and attempting to learn but is also trying still cutting back on his activity (even as the market continues to climb) His 10 shares of SJM already hit the $120 price point and got close out yesterday. My covered calls on VYM, VT, and VTI march ever closer to strike price on the 18th. I'm not actually eager to let them go but I'm also not eager buy my calls back. We'll see what anxiety looks like moving forward. That's a lot of retirement money put back in my pocket and a lot of taxes for privilege of putting it there. On the bright side, I ought to be able to mitigate some of that taxes by unloading some of the garbage I bought way back when that dropped so low there was no point in selling unless I could at least the get my tax burden reduced.

Tax time 2021 will be.... interesting. I had literally never sold a position until this year. Now I have a very long list of activity.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Also you made me look. :D Things I bought on the cheap and am reminded I sold too early today. NFLX and ROKU. But getting out (while you are making money) is getting out, I guess. (We won't talk about TSLA or AAPL any more)
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

More and more people are using the term "K-shaped recovery" with a straight face.

This is insanity.
"No scientific discovery is named after its original discoverer." -Stigler's Law of Eponymy, discovered by Robert K. Merton

MYT
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I don't know if you guys already look at, read or even pay attention to analysts, but I have had kind of an obsession with not only analysts' views, but specifically with how good those analysts actually have been over time with their picks.

There have been a very few ways to do this in the past, but now they seem to be everywhere - here are a few current sources and random comments :P:

1. I used to subscribe to Morningstar premium for YEARS until I realized that I could access the same info through my local library for free. However, M* has typically been most known for their fund and macro analysis. I have found over decades of reading their reports on stocks, that they are not garbage, but close. And actually I think they have even gotten worse in the past couple years (again, speaking of stocks only, not funds).

2. Somewhere way back when, I came across actual proof, that as a house, Credit Suisse had the most consistently accurate calls on stocks of any other Wall St firm. Careful because obviously they have different analysts, AND that is old information, maybe they suck now (I doubt it). FWIW. I still look up their latest report on any stock before I buy it though.

3. TIPRANKS.com. This is the site I would have loved to build if someone had not already done it. Exactly what I was looking for - not just records of investment firms accuracy (though they have that also), but the INDIVIDUAL analysts. Wow. And they go one step further - you can see (for free!) how well or not that particular analyst has done on that particular stock. Out of a total pool of 6,909 analysts, I pretty much only was interested in the ones in the top 100. So for instance you can look up say "GM" and see which analysts cover it, what their current rating is, and maybe most importantly...how accurate have they been in the past with their calls on GM specifically. Actually gives you a number like 83% of the time, their call has been correct, out of X number of calls. Really powerful stuff if you ask me.

4. I have investment accounts at both Ameritrade and Fidelity. If you have either of those (particularly Fidelity though), you also have access to some very good tools that you would normally have to pay for. You can get most if not all the Credit Suisse reports via Ameritrade, and Fidelity has its own version of tipranks - they have an algorithm that ranks the reports of stock X based on how well that analyst has done in the past (on that stock in particular). Pretty great stuff, and saves so much time if you were trying to do it manually (which I used to try to do many many many moons ago before all these were available).

Anyway, just a heads up since I am sure many of you already have accounts at one of those two platforms, and I assume others have similar tools. They may not be easy to find (the red meat I was looking for is not that obvious on either website).
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I used to read the reports on Amtd religiously, usually as my first stop. Now I sometimes check them as a last step if I'm going to enter a big position, mainly in case I missed something.

They are great learning tools and I probably should be reading them more but time is limited.

One think I always ignore are price targets. Well, I do admit they influence others and take that into account tactically (support, resistance) but never use them to influence my own targets strategically.

I'm getting more interested in the social media signals/aggregators. Robintrack was eye-opening. Don't use any of them yet but intereted in the idea. That fact that Robinhood killed their free api data feeds tells me that someone thinks the information is worth something.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I love Tipranks.com. Leads to fun things like wondering how the hell Gordon Johnson still gets airtime on supposedly reputable networks.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Zaxxon wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 2:51 pm I love Tipranks.com. Leads to fun things like wondering how the hell Gordon Johnson still gets airtime on supposedly reputable networks.
:shock: Holy crap. I spent way too much time poring over analysts yesterday on Tipranks, and never saw one even close to that bad. My God. He should consider a career change.
Z-Corn

Post by Z-Corn »

Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:35 pm
Z-Corn wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:57 am Interesting. I am reading Michael Pollan's How To Change Your Mind... and the subject is therapeutic use of psychedelics.

I do believe the evidence is there that psilocybin and MDMA might have legitimate medical uses. I just don't know if there will ever be enough demand for these drugs for an industry to arise for them. From what I gather, if the therapy session goes properly there is little need to repeat it. People's brains just get "fixed".
I have never come across that - everything I have read and heard usually talks about it in terms of treating depression and extreme anxiety, and that it lasts "months". I will dig more and report back to confirm. Still a little fuzzy on that.

Demand would be the estimated 17 million adults in the US (bout 250 globally?) suffering from depression. PTSD is another disorder that is frequently mentioned.
Well of course when Big Pharma gets involved it will be for maintenance programs and not cures. There's no money in cures.

In the case of psilocybin we are talking about a product, that if legalized, could be grown at home for almost free. It could be as easy as any of the gourmet mushroom growing kits that are sold. Grow your own cure on your kitchen counter!

You know, as long as Big Pharma doesn't get involved.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

Z-Corn wrote: Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:14 pm
Carpet_pissr wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 8:35 pm

Well of course when Big Pharma gets involved it will be for maintenance programs and not cures. There's no money in cures.

In the case of psilocybin we are talking about a product, that if legalized, could be grown at home for almost free. It could be as easy as any of the gourmet mushroom growing kits that are sold. Grow your own cure on your kitchen counter!

You know, as long as Big Pharma doesn't get involved.
JNJ is already dabbling in the space. They will start gobbling up as soon as they smell any real potential I guess. Interestingly there has already been (and is ongoing) plenty of acquisitions among the existing companies (small companies buying smaller ones).
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

All these people piling in TSLA, it's crazy. Had to make something off this, but shorting it is a dangerous game.

I bought shares at $475, put in a sell limit at $498 and I'm out. I'll keep doing it as long as people keep flocking to it.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:34 pm All these people piling in TSLA, it's crazy. Had to make something off this, but shorting it is a dangerous game.

I bought shares at $475, put in a sell limit at $498 and I'm out. I'll keep doing it as long as people keep flocking to it.
I've been harvesting short-term call premiums. Going to get bitten and lose some shares most likely, but at this price level I'm more than OK with that.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

The TSLA stuff is ridiculous.

On the more "reasonable" side of things, after having not checked my retirement account in a few months, I was pleased to see I am definitely in the positive now for 2020. That account is up over 60% from the total bottom of the barrel it hit in late March.
Hodor.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

pr0ner wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:55 pm The TSLA stuff is ridiculous.

On the more "reasonable" side of things, after having not checked my retirement account in a few months, I was pleased to see I am definitely in the positive now for 2020. That account is up over 60% from the total bottom of the barrel it hit in late March.
I was up maybe 5 or 10% since February when I dumped mine completely in to a money market, which is as close as I can get cash/no risk of loss. I have no idea how much I haven't been making since then. Assuming it closely matches the indexes I'm still in on my personal portfolio, it's been like another 2ish%. Time will tell if it was a mistake. On a personal level, I've sold a lot of stock, TSLA included, that continue to raise the roof week after week. None of this is within my understanding.

LawBeefaroni wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:34 pm shorting it is a dangerous game.
I will never never never but then I also will never never never add margins to my account.

Zaxxon wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:36 pm I've been harvesting short-term call premiums. Going to get bitten and lose some shares most likely, but at this price level I'm more than OK with that.
Now you're only getting rid of 20% of what you would have before and a rate that is just stupid. $500 and still climbing or about a 100% gain since early July.

From my feed
Update: S&P 500, Dow End Monday Lower But Notch Best August In Over 30 Years; Nasdaq Scores 41st Record Close In 2020
No sense at all.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:25 pm
Update: S&P 500, Dow End Monday Lower But Notch Best August In Over 30 Years; Nasdaq Scores 41st Record Close In 2020
No sense at all.
The wealthy will get theirs no matter who wins. With Biden they know what to expect...more very conservative, don't rock the boat...Democratism. :D Probably more stability generally than now.
With Trump, you get "Wildcard!!" but you also get some very sweet tax cuts.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

But

https://www.bea.gov/news/2020/gross-dom ... nd-quarter
Corporate Profits

Profits from current production (corporate profits with inventory valuation and capital consumption adjustments) decreased $226.9 billion in the second quarter, compared with a decrease of $276.2 billion in the first quarter (table 10).

Profits of domestic financial corporations increased $39.5 billion in the second quarter, in contrast to a decrease of $42.2 billion in the first quarter. Profits of domestic nonfinancial corporations decreased $170.1 billion, compared with a decrease of $190.5 billion. Rest-of-the-world profits decreased $96.2 billion, compared with a decrease of $43.5 billion. In the second quarter, receipts decreased $139.7 billion, and payments decreased $43.4 billion.
And these numbers look small compared to the valuation increase of TSLA alone.
pr0ner

Post by pr0ner »

LordMortis wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 6:25 pm
pr0ner wrote: Mon Aug 31, 2020 3:55 pm The TSLA stuff is ridiculous.

I was up maybe 5 or 10% since February when I dumped mine completely in to a money market, which is as close as I can get cash/no risk of loss. I have no idea how much I haven't been making since then. Assuming it closely matches the indexes I'm still in on my personal portfolio, it's been like another 2ish%. Time will tell if it was a mistake. On a personal level, I've sold a lot of stock, TSLA included, that continue to raise the roof week after week. None of this is within my understanding.
For the year, the TSP C Fund is up 9.7%, the S Fund is up 6.7%, and the I Fund is down 4.4%. Most of my money is in C and S so I'm up for the year. That's still a pretty solid return for such a crazy year for the economy.
Hodor.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

TSLA flip for the day. TSLA buy @ $472.67, sold $496.

I'd do it every day but the 401K is ineligible for margin and those trades chew up settled cash.

MYT
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:39 am TSLA flip for the day. TSLA buy @ $472.67, sold $496.

I'd do it every day but the 401K is ineligible for margin and those trades chew up settled cash.
Nice. Closed a well OTM weekly covered call this am that I had opened yesterday for a 40% profit.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:39 am TSLA flip for the day. TSLA buy @ $472.67, sold $496.

I think about it but I'm not that brave/smart/informed. Not even at one or two shares. I can't get past the fact that I see those shares as worth about $70 no matter what pent up value or speculative fever is tied to them. maybe $90 total in pent up future value I don't understand related to IP and changing the way we automobile. I can gamble but I can't gamble like that. I'd be better off wholly ignorant of auto/manufacturing and just jumping in rather than "knowing" what I believe I know. And likely will contribute to why I won't ever make the big bucks and yet will be vulnerable to market pull backs.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:58 am I think about it but I'm not that brave/smart/informed. Not even at one or two shares.

One of the guys in the Slack group did a quick 500 share flip yesterday. That's a bit out of my league but I'm happy with my little wins at 1/10th scale.

It's definitely a bit scary, looking over the ledge, but the odds of a comeuppance if you only hold for a few hours at most are low.

MYT
raydude

Post by raydude »

LordMortis wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:58 am

I think about it but I'm not that brave/smart/informed. Not even at one or two shares. I can't get past the fact that I see those shares as worth about $70 no matter what pent up value or speculative fever is tied to them. maybe $90 total in pent up future value I don't understand related to IP and changing the way we automobile. I can gamble but I can't gamble like that. I'd be better off wholly ignorant of auto/manufacturing and just jumping in rather than "knowing" what I believe I know. And likely will contribute to why I won't ever make the big bucks and yet will be vulnerable to market pull backs.
$90 huh? I feel better then, knowing I only paid 10% higher than your max. Of course, this was back in Jan 2019 when I paid $500/share, but because of the stock split my price paid is only $100/share. And I'm not letting go of a bargain stock like that. I'll check in with you guys on Jan 2021.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

raydude wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:36 am
LordMortis wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:58 am

$90 huh? I feel better then, knowing I only paid 10% higher than your max. Of course, this was back in Jan 2019 when I paid $500/share, but because of the stock split my price paid is only $100/share. And I'm not letting go of a bargain stock like that. I'll check in with you guys on Jan 2021.
$6.93 here for my first tranche, split-adjusted. ~$50 including all my TSLA buys.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

raydude wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 11:36 am $90 huh? I feel better then, knowing I only paid 10% higher than your max. Of course, this was back in Jan 2019 when I paid $500/share, but because of the stock split my price paid is only $100/share. And I'm not letting go of a bargain stock like that. I'll check in with you guys on Jan 2021.
I'm not smarter than the experts. I put my price on a path I see to production and market share making money and really mostly the carbon credits they can reap from ICE manufacturers based on their production model. Much like Amazon as book seller made money on shipping, not on books way back when. Tesla has a great market for making money on carbon credits, not so much on vehicles sales at their price points. But then you have to give them that extra credit on how they will be able to continue to reduce labor costs, build IP, and apply that to (?) profit in other markets, as energy markets will eventually have to bend a knee moreso than the less than agile auto manufacturing. I can only assume that I'm wholly ignorant on this and that $20 per share I put toward the energy market and IP is actually $430 a share in my ignorant spot.

Also I paid considerably higher than my max when I was in and out, playing with house money. I was buying as high as $750 and selling again but it was all with "Tesla money". I lost my stomach for playing with my Tesla money gains at $1000 a share. I couldn't pull the trigger any more. In the meantime, all they have to do quintuple... again and I'll have to ask Zax if he's retired yet... again..
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

snip from my feed today

"That's $8 billion in 'value created' per hour"

"Tesla's market cap soared by $64 billion in eight hours, including after hours. That's $8 billion in 'value created' per hour," Richter wrote in a blog post late Monday. "If you have to ask, 'value created by doing what,' then you don't have the right stuff. Simple as that."

"Tesla, the minuscule automaker with a global market share of less than 1%, isn't actually an automaker with stagnant revenues in a long-term stagnant or declining industry, but a data company with a secret government contract to populate Mars or whatever," Richter wrote, with more than a hint of sarcasm. "You just have to put your brain on Tesla Autopilot and believe."
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

FWIW from today's Argus Market Watch (Argus Research is one of the most if not the most "accurate" investment house out there, statistically):

Beware September
The U.S. stock market tends to rise. The long-term upward trajectory has a foundation in the country’s democratic political system and its market-based, capitalist economic system. In theory, the market efficiently allocates the nation’s capital, generating solid returns. And then there is September. Indeed, our analysis of monthly returns going back to 1980 indicates that September is now the only month with an average loss. (August used to be in that category, but after a 7% return this year is now positive.) Now not every September is negative. The month has a “win percentage” of 50%. But there have been some bombs. September is a transition month: the August doldrums are over and corporations get back into gear post Labor Day; the IPO market typically picks up; the Federal Reserve usually meets, which can add to volatility; and sometimes ominously, the 3Q earnings season approaches. By the end of 3Q, companies generally know if they are on track to meet their financial targets. If they are not, and they pre-warn, investors can be quick to sell not just a company but an entire sector.

This September, market fundamentals appear a bit shaky: the economy is in recession, corporate profits are declining year-over-year and stock valuations are a bit lofty. Our advice? Focus on quality; and it might not be a bad idea to take some profits.

Not the kind of advice I usually follow since I am more of a long termer than one specific month, but I know a lot of you like to move that money! :D I say that, but then I am also guilty of going to a high % cash position when I feel the whole market is overvalued (like now). My market timing is more like "go to cash when EVERYthing seems spendy and wait for the bear", versus "September historically sucks (half the time). Go to cash Sept 1, then buy in Oct 1" which is what seems to be implied here.
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

If I heard right, we're coming off the best August since 1984. Sell in May and all that conventional wisdom isn't holding up.

That's not to say that fundamentals and everything else are wrong, we're just in a fucked up market. I'm prepared to miss out on a big month, I expect to actually. I'd jrather be safe and a bit poorer now than a lot poorer by December.

Still trading this madness though.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

LawBeefaroni wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 4:41 pm If I heard right, we're coming off the best August since 1984. Sell in May and all that conventional wisdom isn't holding up.

That's not to say that fundamentals and everything else are wrong, we're just in a fucked up market. I'm prepared to miss out on a big month, I expect to actually. I'd jrather be safe and a bit poorer now than a lot poorer by December.

Still trading this madness though.
I was thinking November... sometime after the election but yeah, that's where I sit. I keep telling myself I'm going to sell it all off in my personal portfolio but then I just keep pushing out my covered calls for a few more peanuts. It's gonna bite me in the ass. OtOH, my VT covered call for September that I thought was crazy in July at $85 are so high I can't, in good conscience, buy it back and push it to October (and October calls aren't crazy high or buying/selling at not crazy high rates) so I'm likely to cash in there at this rate. That's gonna be a big tax hit if it happens. I had been accumulating that VT since 2014. Fortunate for me, I've been holding all but dead shares of few things for the day I sell off to at least as act as counter weight for some of these gains.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Six and a half hours into my day... First break of the morning, so naturally you know the first place I check...

TSLA down 9.75%
AAPL down 3.5%

This is why I'm chicken shit on the games people play.

So then you go and ick up a share or two of TSLA at under $430 when it was just trading at $500. And then you remember $430 is still $2150 from last week and try to figure out how 100 Billion was added to the valuation, and the poof.

In the mean time the market marches upward, generally.

Edit:

$410 and 13%... These are lows unheard of since way back in Mid August.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

CNBC
Tesla shares fall as largest outside shareholder cuts holding, citing portfolio restrictions

Baillie Gifford, Tesla’s largest outside shareholder, has reduced its position in the electric auto maker after the company’s rapid share appreciation made it an outsized influence on the firm’s holdings.

A filing with the Securities and Exchange Commission on Wednesday showed that the U.K.-based fund group now owns less than 5% of Tesla, down from 6.32%, according to data from FactSet.

Shares of Tesla were down 10% during early trading on Wednesday.

In a statement, Baillie Gifford reiterated that it remains a long-term believer in Elon Musk’s company, and that the reduction in ownership was simply due to portfolio restrictions.
Amid Tesla’s record run, the company said Tuesday it plans to raise up to $5 billion through a new stock offering.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Closed another covered call position; thanks, Baillie!
LawBeefaroni
Forum Moderator

Post by LawBeefaroni »

I'd pick it up for a flip around here, $420 or so, but I have an earnings play going today. Not comfortable with too much skin in.

MYT
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 11:47 am Closed another covered call position; thanks, Baillie!
I'd like to do that with my VT that I that was insane for an $85 for September 18th call back in July. I was also debating buying and pushing the call out to October 16th but the money difference is small and VT options aren't trading, in general, so I could lose money just by attempting to close and open in the future (I don't do margin trading and won't do margin trading, even as I see the utility to bridge the gap here). OTOH, I'm looking having to pay six years worth of gains my calls get striked... struck... stricken... exercised as options... which should be good, in theory, because I can't see this holding out. But that's a lot of taxes, and for me a lot of money sitting there asking me what's up every day until I do something smart... or stupid with it. OTOOH, if I have all of those taxes to pay, I can unload some of my very early mistakes that are just sitting there waiting to act as tax counterbalance but since I've started actively trading this year, I already had a lot of gains can eat most of the losses just waiting to be realized.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

And if you had bought way back in the year thirty minutes ago, you'd be up nearly 10% on your money.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:27 pm And if you had bought way back in the year thirty minutes ago, you'd be up nearly 10% on your money.
I did grab one share at $416 just because.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:32 pm
LordMortis wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:27 pm And if you had bought way back in the year thirty minutes ago, you'd be up nearly 10% on your money.
Can we back to noon eastern so I can buy a sympathy/solidarity share?
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:54 pm
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Sep 02, 2020 12:32 pm
Can we back to noon eastern so I can buy a sympathy/solidarity share?
It's very possible you'll get another chance. I just couldn't resist using some of the profit from the closed call position to bite at that price. The IV on TSLA is nuts right now, even for TSLA--120%-140% for options in the next month.
Carpet_pissr

Post by Carpet_pissr »

I'll pick some up when it hits $280 or below.