Video Games Randomness - Prioritize specific game threads!

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

hepcat

Re: Video Games Randomness

Post by hepcat »

In Steam's "Community Recommends" today is a game called H Sniper WWII. From what I can tell, the entirety of the game is you play a sniper looking through your scope down on a battlefield, and you repeatedly shoot bikini clad anime women as they run across said field.

Civilization as we know it has failed. It's time to burn this all down and start fresh.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Hepcat is totally joking, there's no way that game exists. Let me go look... :shock:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:57 pm Hepcat is totally joking, there's no way that game exists. Let me go look... :shock:
First, it's 69 cents right now /nice

Second, the Nudity DLC is free.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

There seems to be a LOT of these lame nudies games around. *sigh* From Bejeweled clones to Bullet-hell shooters... Basically every genre under the son, with drawn nudies. *sigh*
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

They are NOT all created equal. Hunie Pop is actually a good game.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 1:57 pm Hepcat is totally joking, there's no way that game exists. Let me go look... :shock:
I saw it pop up on Steam yesterday as well. I first thought there's no way it could be what I thought it was from the screenshots, but...yeah. :?
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I expect Kasey to report on this soon.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:40 pm I expect Kasey to report on this soon.
I suspect he has at least one hand free, so he should be able to.
He won. Period.
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

You should check out the publisher's page. They uh...have a theme.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Smoove_B wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:59 pm You should check out the publisher's page. They uh...have a theme.
The Death Stranding but naked knockoff looks fun. :P Sadly they don't seem to have Norman Reedus as an option... though I guess we already saw more of him than I really wanted in the actual Death Stranding.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:34 pm They are NOT all created equal. Hunie Pop is actually a good game.
This is actually true. I came for the tits, I stayed for the surprisingly excellent gameplay.
I no longer post here.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Enlarge Image
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

Stumbling across this gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling that the rumored Mass Effect Trilogy remaster is actually going to be a thing. I can't imagine why else they'd publish this after all these years.
The Art of the Mass Effect Trilogy: Expanded Edition Hardcover – February 23, 2021

Expanded with never before seen works of art, this new edition delves deeper than ever into the sci-fi saga that changed video games forever.

Contains extensive new material from the DLCs for all three games--including the award-winning "Lair of the Shadow Broker" from Mass Effect 2 and the fan-favorite "Citadel" from Mass Effect 3.

Experience the evolution of the aliens, planets, ships, and technology that define this iconic science fiction universe, as the developers who brought BioWare's masterpiece to life take you from the earliest design sketches through to the meticulous final renders.

Brimming with concept art and commentary, this expanded edition is the ultimate companion to one of the greatest series in the history of gaming!
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

I've been wanting to replay the trilogy again and was even going to buy the PC version since I think all three games are now available again on Steam. But not all the DLC were available so I decided it wasn't worth it. If there's a remastered version on the horizon with all the great DLC storylines thrown in I can definitely wait for that, especially if it's on the PS4. (or the PC version if it's around PS5 release time and Mass Effect isn't compatible)
Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
Max Peck

Post by Max Peck »

The ‘Mass Effect’ Trilogy Remaster Might Be Out Sooner Than We Thought
It turns out that the long-rumored Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster could release as early as this October following a reveal in the same month. That’s according to game journalist Jeff Grubb who spilled the beans during a recent podcast.

Via PSU, here’s the relevant transcript:

“Up until, like, this last week, I know the plan for sure was to announce it in early October, release in later in October. So good news. Maybe bad news – it’s 2020 – maybe that could start to slip, it sounds like maybe that’s a possibility, nothing for sure yet.

“I know it’s real. I’ve seen more than enough evidence to know it’s real, but it’s still 2020 and they haven’t announced it yet.

“I think [EA] were planning to have this Mass Effect trilogy be the other big thing [other than Star Wars Squadrons] for $60 this holiday, so that’s why I’m still pretty confident it will make it out. But with everything else falling apart, like across the board, I could see them also wanting to just delay. But that’s not for sure – that’s not a guarantee yet – like, that hasn’t even been decided yet. It just seems like it’s a possibility that’s on the table but last I heard, October – October for both.”
"What? What? What?" -- The 14th Doctor

It's not enough to be a good player... you also have to play well. -- Siegbert Tarrasch
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

Not sure I'm ready to go back there yet, it's kind of like the Witcher at this point for me.
Black Lives Matter
$iljanus
Forum Moderator

Post by $iljanus »

NickAragua wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:39 pm Not sure I'm ready to go back there yet, it's kind of like the Witcher at this point for me.
Yeah, but how can you pass up witnessing the bravery of the greatest character of the whole game, Marauder Shields?

Enlarge Image

Black lives matter!

Wise words of warning from Smoove B: Oh, how you all laughed when I warned you about the semen. Well, who's laughing now?
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

I'm still pretty broken up about that guy. :cry:
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

That will never not be funny to me. :lol:
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

$iljanus wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:49 pm
NickAragua wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 1:39 pm Not sure I'm ready to go back there yet, it's kind of like the Witcher at this point for me.
Yeah, but how can you pass up witnessing the bravery of the greatest character of the whole game, Marauder Shields?

Enlarge Image

:lol: I'd never seen that before.

I've been itching to play the ME series again, but haven't wanted to start because I knew the remaster was coming. Thrilled to hear it could be sooner than expected.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Sep 08, 2020 3:40 pm I expect Kasey to report on this soon.
I drew my line at Mirror. :D
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
JCC

Post by JCC »

I hope they "remaster" (completely change) the ending.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

JCC wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 6:14 pm I hope they "remaster" (completely change) the ending.
I used the Happy Ending mod in my last two play throughs. I think I've finished the trilogy at least 5 times. Ill wait to play it again until this is cheap enough to nab.
JCC

Post by JCC »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:26 pm I used the Happy Ending mod in my last two play throughs. I think I've finished the trilogy at least 5 times. Ill wait to play it again until this is cheap enough to nab.
Yes, I watched the Happy Ending Mod on YouTube and it was far better than the official ending.
Black Lives Matter

"You know, the very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common: they don't alter their views to fit the facts; they alter the facts to fit their views." - The 4th Doctor
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Oh, there’s a Happy Ending mod for H Sniper World War II? What happens? It makes you miss?
He won. Period.
NickAragua

Post by NickAragua »

JCC wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:37 pm
Daehawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 7:26 pm I used the Happy Ending mod in my last two play throughs. I think I've finished the trilogy at least 5 times. Ill wait to play it again until this is cheap enough to nab.
Yes, I watched the Happy Ending Mod on YouTube and it was far better than the official ending.
So I went and looked on nexus mods and now I want to buy the game on PC so I can mod it and play it through with about fifty billion mods. "Expanded Galaxy" looks pretty good, there's a bunch of graphical overhauls...

Man, PC gaming is great.
Black Lives Matter
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Decided to take a break from Wasteland 2 Director's cut.

Tried to play this game called Soviet Monsters Ekranoplans. It's less than a buck. Was wondering what it was about. Apparently it's a sim where you need to get a certain number of 'staff', drive them to a particular spot, and unload them. And somehow, defend them as some of your Ekranoplans are armed. Don't see a manual. :) Tutorial sucks. It shows you the controls, but nothing about the allocation of resources. I drove the plane around a bit in the Baltic. Some ships shot at me. I shot back. After destroying one ship, I was told "strategic asset destroyed, game over." Really, that's it. :-P Oh well.

Decided to play Superhot, which I hadn't played before. They are certainly interesting tactical puzzles and it's fast enough and tactical enough you don't actually mind the try / die / repeat cycle, as you KNOW there had to be a way to make it through. Just finished the "assault rifle" level. It's definitely interesting...
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Beat Diablo 2: LoD for the first time (normal) on the Path of Diablo private server as a bowazon. I actually didn't realize I'd never finished this the first time around in the early 2000s... I remember buying LoD, and then selling it. I think I got fed up with the repetitiveness of early Act 5 with my druid and just hung it up. Because I thought I'd beaten it, but I don't remember the Baal fight at all. It's still pretty tedious in parts, but it really wasn't that bad. Maybe my build sucked.

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Tried to get started in Sherlock Holmes: Devil's Daughter, screwed up the first investigation already. :-P Will have to restart.

Played SuperHot until the SERV level (i.e. WE CAN SEE YOU), and took a break.

Played Defender's Quest, don't recall having ever finished it before. May have started it once or twice. I think I'm halfway in.

I promised myself I won't buy any more games, and I won't. Even with Hardspace: Shipbreaker back to 25% off. It only launched in June. It'll be 50% off next year. :)
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

PAX. You can click the floor map stuff to see products and demos and such.

https://www.paxegx.com/
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

"Finished" Defender's Quest on casual. It's an interesting variation on Tower Defense with a lot deeper story than first expected. Doesn't really make me want to try it on the harder difficulty levels though, esp. those "nearly infinite waves" levels.

Trying different games and see which ones hold my interest.

Tried a little bit of Dakar 18, it is offroad, and not really rally as it allows you to go WAY offroad, though you generally are a little faster by staying on the road, but you have to figure out when it's good and when it's not. I saved like 10 seconds by skirting a mud patch completely so even though it's the long way around. So that only comes with experience. As is going over dunes without jumping, as car preservation is very important. While it looks cool if you can charge up the dunes and land on the other side, it's bad for your shocks and the rest of the car. Just finished the 2nd stage, which took over 30 minutes real-time. Yikes. And I beat up the car pretty bad that I lost the hood and according to the car I am down to 15% radiator efficiency. In fact, earlier (1/3rd point I actually suffered terminal damage and the game was kind enough to let me rewind to the last waypoint reached and try again. Decided to go a little slow over the dunes. Which goes onto to show that navigating in the wilderness ain't easy. On the rookie level they give you a nav ball, but on the real-thing with no co-driver, it would be up to you to find the landmarks yourself and navigate from there.

Tried a few more levels in Void Bastard at easy-peasy difficulty. Just got the printer, I guess I'm hunting for "ID stock" or whatever. Nebula depth 1 is no problem, and with a bit of bullet finder I'm staying in stock of weapons, esp. when I got "sticky fingers" (automatically nabs stuff as I walk by). But the gun really is kinda weak against the tougher enemies. I have the 'stapler' (which is really a shotgun) and I've been exploiting the grenade/mine thing as apparently I have a TON of it.

Tried the Factorio Demo, reminds me a bit of that game that's first person, but with a similar plot, but with Minecraft type look, very voxel looking? But I can't remember the name. Hahaha.
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

Kasey Chang wrote: Sun Sep 13, 2020 5:14 amTried the Factorio Demo, reminds me a bit of that game that's first person, but with a similar plot, but with Minecraft type look, very voxel looking? But I can't remember the name. Hahaha.
Satisfactory? They came along after Factorio, but I haven't played it because I find Factorio to be perfect for what I want out of a game like that. Making it First Person diminishes the enjoyment for me.

I've got Factorio and have been on-and-off with it for years now it seems. My kids has a copy as well. It can be a fun multiplayer game, but you really need to set ground rules for people tearing things up to try and make them "more efficient" ... because the game is all about constructing a vision, and no one likes having their hour-long vision installation ripped up by an 11-year old because he felt it wasn't in line with his vision. In the end we agreed to share resources but not touch buildings we each made. It takes coordination and communication.

As a single-player game I could lose myself in there for days, just building and rebuilding my assembly lines. It's a beautiful fit for anyone that likes designing and watching processes.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

No it's FortressCraft Evolved.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Still trying various games. Did another 3 stages in Dakar 18, and do find it interesting, as the roadbook is NOT the same as pace notes in rally driving, even though they are "similar". In Dakar type endurance rallies, you navigate by roadbook, which would have instructions like "proceed on heading 300 for 0.7 kilometers, turn right onto heading 040 until kilometer 1.8, continue past ruins on left, left turn onto path, follow path for 5 kilometers..." The problem is while the directions are given "as crow flies", it's not always possible to drive that way due to hills and other terrain obstacles. So it is up to you to work out the alternate path in your head, and still arrive at the same location, while you speed along the terrain at over 100 kph.

On easy / rookie mode, they give you a pip to aim for to get you back onto the optimum path (such as on a road) but it's still up to you to judge how best to get there. I think the problem is with the co-driver. He really needs to have more range of anxiety, as what was recorded doesn't quite escalate properly. At times, he's calm, but sometimes he suddenly jumps to the infamous rally "Pay attention! Samir!" video screaming, while at other times, a panic 180 spin-stop brought forth no reaction whatsoever.

It's also a bit hard to judge what can damage a vehicle and what does not. Generally speaking, you need to EASE yourself over the peak of a dune, lest you end up making a 15-30 ft drop, or further, and even on sand, that's spine-jarring, even virtually. I've actually had one race where I wiped out my shocks completely (0%) and had to do an underway repair, which cost me 8 minutes. Still won, but could have won by a much larger margin. :D

According to the race, I'm racing against both Sebastian Loeb AND Carlos Sainz, two rally legends, in Dakar 18. :D
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Dakar 18 just turned into hell, when the segment I raced through is full of "speed limit" sections. Even a second of excessive speed gets you slammed with a huge time penalty. By the end of the segment, which is over 1 hour of driving time (1st place), but I accumulated 2 hours and 30 minutes penalties, dropping me into last place for the stage, and 4th overall (I was first)

Some of those I admit to my fault, but some of these are just stupid... The co-driver often call turns or events late, and stopping in time may not be possible. There is also no button to "speed limit" (which the AI seems to have no problem with, as I have to carefully hit 25 kph, while they can go 30 kph) ARGH. When there are like, 100+ checkpoints and over a dozen speed limit sections, yikes.

EDIT: Okay, re-ran the stage, being a bit more careful with those 30 kph speed limit segments. Still got a few violations, but 28 minutes is better than 2 hours and 30 minutes of penalties. That means I got 6th time on stage, but I am STILL the overall champion.

But this is merely stage 7... There are 15 stages total...
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Skinypupy wrote: Mon Feb 10, 2020 3:57 pm
Skinypupy wrote: Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:57 pm Semi-long story of how Gamestop has basically stolen $125 from me
Spoiler:
Skinypupy wrote: Sun Jan 19, 2020 7:26 pm
Daehawk wrote: Wed Jan 15, 2020 6:03 pm https://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/356 ... _sales.php

GameStop stock tumbles by 16 percent following poor holiday sales

I dont think Gamestop is long for this world. Between their bad prices, lame practices, and simply being a physical store in a digital world I think they will be gone sooner than later. It makes me sad to see them reduced so badly. Ive never liked them though since they took over all of Software Etc and Electronics Boutique. Ive shopped there. My wife got me a bunch of pre order stuff too like the Fallout 3 lunchbox and such Ill treaure forever. But as a store I dont go there. I guess in 12-15 years or whatever Ive been maybe 20 - 25 times.
GameStop may have taken $125 from me, and I’m pissed.

I traded a bunch of stuff in early December and got $200 on a gift card. Spent $60 to buy Zelda for Xmas, and haven’t used the card since. Went to use it yesterday to pick up Ring Fit Adventures, and the balance on the card was $0. The cashier at the store couldn’t tell me anything about why the balance was gone, but gave me the customer service number.

Called them yesterday and explained the situation. The rep told me that there was an “OCID transaction” on January 14th for the balance. She couldn’t tell me anything about what the transaction was for, just that the amount. It would have been impossible for be to have used the card in the 14th, as I was at training in Phoenix and didn’t even have it with me.

They said they needed to research it and would get back to me via email within 24 hours. Predictably, I haven’t received any communications from them, and I’m sure I’ll have to continue to chase it down this week.

While I do still like having physical games, this is likely the last straw with GameStop for me. Their service has gone steadily downhill every time I go in there, and I’m just done with them.
Quick update on this. Predictably, I didn’t back hear from anyone at Gamestop. Called them again today, and got some additional details from a much more helpful customer service rep.

- The $125 balance on my gift card was transferred last week to a different card by a Gamestop employee.
- This was apparently done via the Gamestop website, which isn’t supposed to be possible.
- Whoever got the new card has apparently been trading back additional items for credit and putting them on the card, as it now has $145 credit. LOL

So either some employee really screwed up a transaction, or they’ve got some employee fraud going on. They’ve frozen the other card so whoever has it can’t spend my credit. The rep has “opened an investigation” and they’re supposed to get back to me by tomorrow with next steps. I’m not holding my breath that they will (she even recommended that I proactively call them back), but at least I have the details.

Gamestop has burned it’s final bridge with me here, but I at least want to get my $125 credit back.
OK, last update. Alternately titled "The Perils of Poor Customer Service" :)

I've tried the Customer Support line two more times now, with the same results. They see that my credit was moved, no one can tell me why, and they will "look into it" and get back to me...which never happens. The last time, they told me I had to physically go into a Gamestop location and have the store manager call them (supposedly to verify my identity). I did this and, unsurprisingly, they told the Gamestop manager the exact same thing: They would get back to me...which they never did. One of their reps even told me that "It's not Gamestop's fault if your card gets stolen". It wasn't stolen, you nitwit. Your dumbass company gave my credit to someone else!

I'm basically resigned to the fact that I'm not ever getting my $125 back. Their Customer Support is clueless. The funnest part is that apparently not a single person there keeps any sort of records (despite them telling me they do), so I essentially have to start this conversation over from scratch every time I call. I've tried going through my local stores, who are no help and just refer me back to their Customer Support line. I've been trying get a contact number for someone higher up, but they've been loath to give any of that information up so far.

It's amazing to me the dollars they're going to leave on the table here in order to save a few pennies. I've been a fairly loyal Gamestop customer for YEARS, and would guess my spending there is in the thousands, if not approaching 5 figures at this point. They have not only completely lost my business forever, but I'm also very actively telling other people to stay away from them. A non-gamer friend at work wanted to buy a Switch for his kid and came to me asking where he should go, what games to get, and what to look for. Said has around $500 to spend and wants to make sure he does it right. Guess where I told him not to go, under any circumstances?

And all because not a single person at their company can be bothered to figure out how or why $125 disappeared from my gift card. Hell, at this point, just tell me the credit was stolen by Russian hackers or something...at least it'd be an answer. But to keep telling me that they'll look into it and never bother? That's just shit customer service, and I'm out.
So, a somewhat amusing postscript to my Gamestop saga.

I sent them a message through the "Contact Us" form on their website right after this all got resolved back in February. I wasn't expecting any sort of response, but figured that someone at Gamestop might actually be interested to know that they permanently lost a "$1,500+/year for 20 years" customer over a $120 credit. Predictably, I got no response...until today.

7 months later I get this canned e-mail response to my February message:
Hello,

We wanted to thank you for your continued patience and understanding. Due to increased online shopping demand, we have experienced delays in answering your Customer Service calls and emails. We sincerely apologize for any frustration this has caused.

If you still need assistance with your issue, please reply to this email and one of our Guest Care agents will assist you within the normal response times.

Once again, we appreciate your business and patience. Please continue to provide us feedback so that we can address your concerns and live up to your expectations.

Your Friends at GameStop.com
I feel like that just sums up Gamestop as a whole. Good bye, and good riddance. :lol:
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

I can't figure out the handling in Dakar of my Toyota Hilux Dakar race truck. it's raised as heck with nice protection under and all that. And it is capable of going 200 kph on the plains. But any attempt to brake and I go into a bad spin unless it's handbrakes. The vehicle leans this way and that, and actually bounces off terrains convincingly, but basically handles like a block of tofu... squishy momentum. Sharp turns are impossible due to the sometimes late calls and random change in excitement level. I am already going at top speed and I don't need my co-driver still yelling "Go! Go! Go!" and the speed limit zones are hard to judge when it starts. The co-driver is supposed to warn me 500 meters ahead, but distance is hard to judge when brakes don't work reliably. You can't slide around a corner like a rally car. And there's no replay view. In fact, there are only cockpit, hood, ground, headlight, and third-person/behind views. The shocks feel way too soft as your vehicle goes into full-opposite lean even in shallow turns. And some maneuvers end up with you pendulum swings back and forth across the road as you struggle to bring the thing back under control.

The Bolivia course with rain and mud and those darn speed limit zones are just painful. I think I'll finish the game, and never play it again.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

PS5 releases on Nov 12. $399 for a digital only edition, $499 for disc-based.

coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

yes please (disc version)... and since I will be busy with pc gaming (Cyberpunk and Assassin's Creed) for most of November and December my wife can even put it under the tree for me.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter