Random randomness

Everything else!

Moderators: Bakhtosh, EvilHomer3k

Scuzz

Re: Random randomness

Post by Scuzz »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:51 pm Its a 6 cd changer. Im not sure which slot has the stuck one. None are important. All are cds I made. I luckily had switched out my store bought ones just a few months prior.

And no it wont play the cd . Just radio. Just makes a motor buzz sound when it tries to play the cds or switch slots.
I had problems with the one in my old truck. I found a small audio shop that fixed it but it wasn't cheap. But I had to have it.
Black Lives Matter
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

One day in the future if Im alive I may replace it. Have it all picked out. Have for a few years. Ive always wanted a nice car stereo since I was 17. Oh well. Id just go more deaf.
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
hitbyambulance

Post by hitbyambulance »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Sep 09, 2020 2:51 pm Its a 6 cd changer. Im not sure which slot has the stuck one. None are important. All are cds I made. I luckily had switched out my store bought ones just a few months prior.

And no it wont play the cd . Just radio. Just makes a motor buzz sound when it tries to play the cds or switch slots.
first guess is the transport needs lubrication, but that would require taking it apart. second guess is the transport motor is going bad, which would have to be replaced if you're not a small motor repair type.
xwraith

Post by xwraith »

*grumble*

Damn unemployment insurance fraud.

*grumble*
I forgot to call it "a box of pure malevolent evil, a purveyor of
insidious insanity, an eldritch manifestation that would make Bill
Gates let out a low whistle of admiration," but it's all those, too.
-- David Gerard, Re: [Mediawiki-l] Wikitext grammar, 2010.08.06
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

Hits cash back at the grocery store at the automated teller kiosk after buying some milk. Forgets to pick up said cash and doesn't' remember it until he's in the parking lot. Returns to discover someone took it (course). I'm out 40 bucks. :x

Ah well, I'm going to chalk this up to karma (and stupidity). I'm sure I've found that amount in change over the years around the apartment and in my car.
Covfefe!
Paingod

Post by Paingod »

hepcat wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:20 pmForgets to pick up said cash and doesn't' remember it until he's in the parking lot.
Repeat after me: Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.
Black Lives Matter

2021-01-20: The first good night's sleep I had in 4 years.
hepcat

Post by hepcat »

:lol:

Looks like I won't be president of the United States any time soon.
Covfefe!
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Cognitively not there.
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
Smoove_B

Post by Smoove_B »

Did someone here get a new subscription to Entertainment Weekly? Pace yourself Isg, pace yourself. :lol:
Maybe next year, maybe no go
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Nah, just getting caught up from the COVID vacation. One of these feats, I should finish a show or something.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Stupid stupid ass mortgage company. They sent me a letter warning me this is my 2nd warning about home insurance. If I dont get some they will get me some and it could cost me more. I have home insurance and Ive had them send it twice now to the idiots. Now they're warning me it could cost me $1.50. Wait...$1.50??? Holy hell if thats right Ill let them provide insurance and cancel my $70 place. Lol. Weirdos.
Jaymann

Post by Jaymann »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:42 pm Stupid stupid ass mortgage company. They sent me a letter warning me this is my 2nd warning about home insurance. If I dont get some they will get me some and it could cost me more. I have home insurance and Ive had them send it twice now to the idiots. Now they're warning me it could cost me $1.50. Wait...$1.50??? Holy hell if thats right Ill let them provide insurance and cancel my $70 place. Lol. Weirdos.
Is it possible to get to a breather?
Jaymann
]==(:::::::::::::>
Black Lives Matter
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Daehawk wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 1:42 pm Stupid stupid ass mortgage company. They sent me a letter warning me this is my 2nd warning about home insurance. If I dont get some they will get me some and it could cost me more. I have home insurance and Ive had them send it twice now to the idiots. Now they're warning me it could cost me $1.50. Wait...$1.50??? Holy hell if thats right Ill let them provide insurance and cancel my $70 place. Lol. Weirdos.
I would assume that what they mean is that they will charge you a $1.50 fee per payment. That would be in addition to the cost of the insurance itself. And I wouldn't expect them to shop around at all.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

They likely already have an existing relationship with a company, and you would be just an added line item in the normal process.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Rick Moranis.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

News report says robocalls are down this year due to covid making call centers troublesome. But Ive gotten more bs calls this year than years prior.
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Oh man, that's awesome.

I also love the design of this one, even though I'm not really sure how it works as a jersey:

Enlarge Image

And when you combine the two, you get my signature....

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Anyone disagree with me when I say Teri Hatcher was a babe in the STTNG ep The Outrageous Okona?

Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

I was always more of a Mot guy.

Enlarge Image

I saw a commercial on late night TV. It said, "Forget everything you know about slipcovers." So I did. And it was a load off my mind. Then the commercial tried to sell me slipcovers, and I didn't know what the hell they were. -- Mitch Hedberg
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Sudy wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:41 pm Oh man, that's awesome.

I also love the design of this one, even though I'm not really sure how it works as a jersey:

And when you combine the two, you get my signature....
Saw your sig earlier, and posted the first one specifically for you.
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

:wub:

In other news, the local Taco Bell cancelled my online deliver order. So I walked over to it, and there are like 10 cars in the drive-through lane wrapped around the building and almost out into the road. Another five parties in line inside. I have no idea what the hell is going on. There are never more than 2-3 cars at that drive-through. It's 8:00 p.m. on a Friday night. There are no promotions I'm aware of. And this is the slowest, crappiest Taco Bell/KFC anywhere. The big Raptors/Celtics game is on at 9:00, but this never particularly struck me as gameday food. And the stoners don't come out to play until much later.

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Ive re read the letter from the mortgage place to be sure. And its weird. its not exactly what I thought. Check this from the letter.

We received the insurance info you provided, but we are unable to verify coverage from 7/30/20 to 8/30/20.
Please provide us with the insurance information for that date immediately. (in bold)

We will charge you for the insurance we plan to buy to cover that month unless you verify that you had insurance coverage.
Whoa whoa whoa there. Lemme see if I have this right. They dont have the info I sent them showing coverage for July to August. So they want to charge me for insurance they want to get for a month that already is in the past. WHAT THE HELL? I swear Im dealing with morons or liars. Or both. Ive had my fucking loan sold twice since getting it and my wife had it happen twice. So Im dealing with the THIRD place now and I SWEAR they are getting shittier each time someone new buys it.
disarm

Post by disarm »

Daehawk wrote:Anyone disagree with me when I say Teri Hatcher was a babe in the STTNG ep The Outrageous Okona?
She was better in Lois and Clark
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

disarm wrote: Fri Sep 11, 2020 10:35 pm
Daehawk wrote:Anyone disagree with me when I say Teri Hatcher was a babe in the STTNG ep The Outrageous Okona?
She was better in Lois and Clark
We watched that series from start to finish. Ah the old days.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Dookie was a great album.
disarm

Post by disarm »

Daehawk wrote:Dookie was a great album.
As a long-time Green Day fan, I may a little biased, but Dookie sounds just as incredible and fun today as it did 26 years ago... totally timeless
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

After an hour on the phone with the mortgage place they wont talk to me. Says Im not an authorized person to speak to. Im the co signer of the loan and I inherited it all 2 years ago almost. Ive dealt with this place almost that long and 2/3 the time they deal with me 1/3 they refuse. I told them fine I just wont be paying them anything else and we can all go to court and let a judge decide who is fucking who here.

They then said I need to go to my will and whatever lawyer and have them fax a letter stating me as executor . Im sure that wont cost anything at all.

Im considering getting a lawyer and suing them in court. Im tired of being shit on by them. Sure as hell though if they dont recognize me as owner then I wont be paying them and should not have p[aid them anything so far.

Think I will go and see if the big place in town will give me a free talk and see what my options are.
AWS260

Post by AWS260 »

Daehawk wrote: Tue Sep 01, 2020 10:57 am remember that little 10 year old British girl drummer that played Dave Grohl stuff and checkmated him? I cant find the post. Anyways he responded and met her challenge and re challenged her.

https://mashable.com/article/dave-grohl ... i-bushell/
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 3:15 pm

Im considering getting a lawyer and suing them in court. Im tired of being shit on by them. Sure as hell though if they dont recognize me as owner then I wont be paying them and should not have p[aid them anything so far.
Talking to a lawyer is a good idea. But as to refusing to pay them on a technicality... Talk to the lawyer first, or else you may be living in your car.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Not even sure what to tell a lawyer..."They're being stupid" ? :)

As for the little girl she is great but Ive actually wondered if they've looked into hyperactivity meds for her.
Holman

Post by Holman »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:12 pm Not even sure what to tell a lawyer..."They're being stupid" ? :)
IANAL, but the issue is 100% paper trail. The person on the other end of the phone wasn't being stupid and probably wasn't being cruel. They were just working from the records they had.

If you don't feel confident in your ability to clearly document everything that puts you in the clear, then you probably do need a lawyer. There might even be legal aid available for people in straightened circumstances. I think I'd look into that first--don't go to a law firm right away.

Most of all, listen to the actual lawyers on OO before you do anything at all.
Much prefer my Nazis Nuremberged.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Daehawk wrote: Mon Sep 14, 2020 4:12 pm Not even sure what to tell a lawyer..."They're being stupid" ? :)
That's the thing with professionals. You don't need to know what to tell them. You give them a basic story, and it's their job to know what to ask you.

It's sort of like going to a doctor. You don't need to go in knowing the diagnosis. All you have to tell them is that your stomach hurts. They then know what to ask to find out what's really going on.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Sudy

Post by Sudy »

Spotify's giving away free Google Nest Minis to Canadian subscribers. They did similar in the U.S. a while back. Do I want this? Does anyone care about privacy concerns at this point, or is it time to hop aboard Roko's basilisk? Is this really going to improve my life in my miniscule, non-smart apartment? (Outside of the Chromecast and air conditioner I can access on my phone.)

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Stage 2

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

My estate lawyer told me just now that all I should need to send to the mortgage place is a copy of the Muniment of title and the deed. If they STILL give me problems after this Ill get a lawyer to see about suing them. I mean Im the damn co signer of the original loan. That should be enough right there!!
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

TechCrunch
Microsoft has concluded a years-long experiment involving use of a shipping container-sized underwater data center, placed on the sea floor off the cost of Scotland’s Orkney Islands. The company pulled its “Project Natick” underwater data warehouse up out of the water earlier this year (at the beginning of the summer) and spent the last few months studying the data center, and the air it contained, to determine the model’s viability.

The results not only showed that using these offshore submerged data centers seems to work well in terms of performance, but also revealed that the servers contained within the data center proved to be up to eight times more reliable than their dry-land counterparts. Researchers will be looking into exactly what was responsible for this greater reliability rate in the hopes of also translating those advantages to land-based server farms for increased performance and efficiency across the board.

Other advantages included being able to operate with greater power efficiency, especially in regions where the grid on land is not considered reliable enough for sustained operation. That’s due in part to the decreased need for artificial cooling for the servers located within the data farm because of the conditions at the sea floor.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Sudy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:35 am Spotify's giving away free Google Nest Minis to Canadian subscribers. They did similar in the U.S. a while back. Do I want this? Does anyone care about privacy concerns at this point, or is it time to hop aboard Roko's basilisk? Is this really going to improve my life in my miniscule, non-smart apartment? (Outside of the Chromecast and air conditioner I can access on my phone.)
Add a few smart plugs and you'll wonder how you did without. LOTS of things you can do with smart plugs and Google Nest.
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Anonymous Bosch

Post by Anonymous Bosch »

Fuck Google and their freebies. To quote Ian Bremmer:

@IanBremmer wrote:The idea that we get our information as citizens through algorithms determined by the world’s largest advertising company is my definition of dystopia.
I recommend watching The Social Dilemma on Netflix, and instead learning how to DeGoogle.
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." — P. J. O'Rourke
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

I appreciate that Deadpool can take the time out of his busy life to portray Ryan Reynolds sometimes. Thanks bud.