[Crysis] Revival, but it's new to me. :D

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

Kasey Chang

[Crysis] Revival, but it's new to me. :D

Post by Kasey Chang »

I played Crysis for a bit in the past couple weeks as I was in an FPS mood. Made it through MOH (2010) last night, decided to pick up on Crysis again.

Didn't know you can "clear" a mine by shooting it from a distance. :) That's cool.

The game *does* spawn people out of nothing. Saw that when I went into the HQ building looking for the hostage, which is one way in. I was outside looking in and basically bazillion PKA goons spawned one at a time under the staircase, really. If I didn't move into the room they may have spawned some more. There was a MOUNTAIN of dead bodies near the door (a dozen, really).

And things do blow up. Sheds can be dismantled with enough firepower. Trees can be "cut", and gas station blow up most spectacularly.

Got up to the point where Prophet went MIA. Up to then, the firefights are pretty intense. It's just sad that it takes like 10 rounds to put down a guy who don't seem to be wearing armor ;)

Story so far feels quite a bit like Half-Life, but with more nasties. ;)
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Daehawk

Re: [Crysis] Revival, but it's new to me. :D

Post by Daehawk »

To really take apart a building turn on strength and punch it to hell :)
--------------------------------------------
I am Dyslexic of Borg, prepare to have your ass laminated.
I guess Ray Butts has ate his last pancake.
http://steamcommunity.com/id/daehawk
"Has high IQ. Refuses to apply it"
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Oh boy, that "tank run" was kicking my ***. I got the tank to the point where I'm 88% damaged, then the **** gunship shows up, so I bailed. I hit it with three missiles, and only one hit. I can't find another missile launcher! So I ran way back across the map, to tank that was just sitting there, and use the main cannon to blow the gunship out of the sky. Cool! :) Unfortunately, THAT tank is almost toast, so it's a matter of running back down the map and do it all on foot.

This is where walkthru was never accurate. I was reading IGN's walkthru and they said to destroy the tank park myself. Well, if I had taken out all three AAAs, then I could just get up to the tower (cleared earlier to get to the last AAA) and call in an airstrike on the tank park.

Any way, just need to clear this last section to finished chapter 4, THEN things get very very interesting. Mine fields are nasty... Will have to "clear" them
My game FAQs | Playing: She Will Punish Them, Sunrider: Mask of Arcadius, The Outer Worlds
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Argh, the zero G sequence is giving me a headache. :)

Ran out of ammo, and had to resort to super-punch to get rid of the scouts. Oh, fun! Keeps getting killed for no reason that I noticed when I get to the force fields and passed through the first one and waiting for the second one. I think some of those scouts got me, but I wasn't sure.
Giles Habibula

Post by Giles Habibula »

I finished this game on an eMachine back when it came out. Yes, it was an upgraded eMachine, but still, I was amazed that the game ran well on it, with medium settings at 1440 x 900. It was an eMachine monitor too. Great little system; I still use it for older titles.

I enjoyed the game quite a lot, but thought it was a bit too short.
"I've been fighting with reality for over thirty-five years, and I'm happy to say that I finally won out over it." -- Elwood P. Dowd
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

EDIT: Doh! Never noticed the "junk alcoves" where I can find ammo and whatnot.

In that "huge room", turns out there's a niche you can hide in off to the sides where I can just hide there and peek out to pick off one at a time.

There's also this "under corridor" that runs through the forcefields...

Made it out, and manage to survive the VTOL bit with just a few deaths (tried both gamepad and keyboard, found keyboard more precise).

Now for the final confrontation...
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

WTF?! The game refuse to go onto the last mission. When it finished Ascension, it just quits. It won't load the final mission, Reckoning. ARGH!
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Figured it out... if I flew too far from the carrier will crash the game. :-P

Also had problem pushing in the rods in the reactor, but it corrected itself.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Finished. The "big fight" was a pain due to all those darn flyers (they're basically alien gunships). Took down the exosuit with rifle grenades, regular grenades, a couple rockets, gauss rifle shots, and so on. Kinda ran out of ammo for gauss and had to run around scrounging for ammo while under fire from those darn flyers.

The underside of the alien ship was protected by 2 turrets and I had problem trying to find missile launchers. :)
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Finished Crysis Warhead, cute parallel story.

Never did get to use those claymores and AT mines.

You'd expect gauss rifle to be effective against armored vehicles, but apparently not.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Want to share a "stupid death" experience.

Was at the final battle, and finally toasted that big bad exosuit / hunter. I had ducked behind this dead transporter hulk as my 'shield'. I was about to relax, the hunter blew up...

Which somehow shifted the hulk and crushed me.

Restart from last save! :-P
Isgrimnur

Re: [Crysis] Revival, but it's new to me. [emoji1]

Post by Isgrimnur »

Fired it up for the first time today. Looking forward to a nice shooter set in the far-off future of ... checks notes... last month.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

We've come a long way from The Running Man last year! Just wait until next year when 10% of us turn into orks and trolls (at least according to Shadowrun.)
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Crysis was such a bullshit game to me. I don't have the best computer even by modern standards, and it already was a very difficult game that felt like it cheated a lot of the time. I had to cheat just to get past the boat sequence as I'd just get shredded otherwise.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Really? When I played I had a shitty computer... Back in 2012, I was probably playing on a laptop. Either my Toshiba or my Dell. Neither had much of a spec, even for 2012.
disarm

Post by disarm »

I built a top-end gaming PC in 2009 and and put the old "Can it run Crysis?" question to the test right away. That rig could run Crysis at 1080p and max settings without a hitch, and it looked amazing for the time...so much detail, particle effects, motion blur and other tricks that were rare at the time. It looked amazing and was a lot of fun; enough that I played through the Warhead expansion as well.

That said, when it comes to remakes of old games, I'm much more excited about Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 & 2 right now Image

Last edited by disarm on Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I enjoyed the game, right up until the battle at the end. That I did not enjoy.
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
TheMix

Post by TheMix »

Blackhawk wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:07 pm I enjoyed the game, right up until the battle at the end. That I did not enjoy.
So many things blend together. Was that the one on the aircraft carrier deck? I seem to remember that being ... unpleasant.

Black Lives Matter

Isgrimnur - Facebook makes you hate your friends and family. LinkedIn makes you hate you co-workers. NextDoor makes you hate your neighbors.
Kasey Chang

Post by Kasey Chang »

Yep, that's the one.
Rumpy

Post by Rumpy »

Kasey Chang wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:54 pm Really? When I played I had a shitty computer... Back in 2012, I was probably playing on a laptop. Either my Toshiba or my Dell. Neither had much of a spec, even for 2012.
Yes, don't forget Crysis was a fairly demanding game, and for a long while was used as a benchmark. It was fairly badly optimized too to the point that even 10 years later many were still having problems running it.
PC:
Ryzen 5 3600
32GB RAM
2x1TB NVMe Drives
GTX 1660 Ti
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

The Crysis 3 final boss is giving me fits. After 10 tries Ive had to take a break. SOOoooo close to winning. Already had 2 of the 3 animations done..just lacked that one last one when I died last go at it. Infuriating. I swear if I had a god mode cheat id use it just to be done.
Daehawk

Post by Daehawk »

Done. Finished it finally.