Password Reset Help Needed

Discuss site matters here

Moderators: FishPants, ooRip

Grifman

Password Reset Help Needed

Post by Grifman »

I can still access OO through my phone but I cannot do so through my pc. Firefox crashed on me Sunday and lost all of my bookmarks and saved passwords. Searched online as to how to recover them but they were not saved where they were supposed to be, they were just gone, poof! I thought I knew what my password was but did not. I requested a password reset email and reset, but still had problems. I then requested a reset several times yesterday and today but never got any of them - and I checked my spam folder. I then sent a request to the “Board Administrator”, but again, no email. Can someone help me out? Thanks.
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Re: Password Reset Help Needed

Post by ImLawBoy »

Check your gmail.
That's my purse! I don't know you!
El Guapo

Post by El Guapo »

I can help. Just post your bank account #s, PIN #s, social security #, driver's license #, home address, mother's maiden name, along with your old password and what you want your new password to be, and I'll take care of the rest.
Black Lives Matter.
stessier

Post by stessier »

El Guapo wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 12:26 pm I can help. Just post your bank account #s, PIN #s, social security #, driver's license #, home address, mother's maiden name, along with your old password and what you want your new password to be, and I'll take care of the rest.
I'd be cautious. He isn't asking for any money for services rendered. Seems scam-my.
I require a reminder as to why raining arcane destruction is not an appropriate response to all of life's indignities. - Vaarsuvius
Global Steam Wishmaslist Tracking
Running____2014: 1300.55 miles____2015: 2036.13 miles____2016: 1012.75 miles____2017: 1105.82 miles____2018: 1318.91 miles__2019: 2000.00 miles
Grifman

Post by Grifman »

ImLawBoy wrote: Tue Sep 15, 2020 9:37 am Check your gmail.
Got it and thanks, posting this from my PC :)
Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. – G.K. Chesterton
rittchard

Post by rittchard »

This is kind of a side issue, but I have had weird problems with the password system on this site as well, part of the reason I took a hiatus was I kept having problems. I think most of my other computers (or is it the browser or browser history?) still cannot login, and give me a mean "too many attempts" message. Is there something in particular I need to do (like clear cookies or cache or something) that can clear this up?
ImLawBoy
Forum Admin

Post by ImLawBoy »

That's beyond my (extremely limited) technical expertise, so I'll let others weigh in with suggestions.
That's my purse! I don't know you!