MS Flight Simulator 2020

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

malchior

Re: MS Flight Simulator 2020

Post by malchior »

I'm in the middle of finally updating and seeing what it looks like *against my better judgement*. This 9 GB patch has been downloading for 6 hours and I'm at 5.73 out of 8.78 GiB. All the while it has been running my RTX2080 at 80% capacity. I think they are using the patch cycle to mine bitcoins. It is the only reasonable explanation. It can't be that they are really displaying the staggering incompetence it took to put an update function that performs this badly *INSIDE* the engine. That'd be mind blowing. As a reference I downloaded Watch Dogs 2 Deluxe off the Epic Game Store (22 GB) in about 20 minutes.

On another front, the poor guys on the A32NX mod project spent something like 10 hours re-writing their mod because Asobo broke everything. The flight simulator uses file manifests and they re-named and moved dozens of files since the last change. There are tons of indicators that this thing is a chaotic mess including its periods of non-usability. :doh:
naednek

Post by naednek »

They're probably using the Sharepoint Migration Tool that I'm also using to migrate files to One Drive For Business. Freaking 8 hours to move 10 gb
hepcat - "I agree with Naednek"
Apollo

Post by Apollo »

Paradroid wrote: Tue Sep 29, 2020 5:27 pm ...It's actually kind of impressive, in a way, to see such staggering cosmic-scale incompetence in a flagship title produced by the biggest software company in the world.
Yeah, I can't remember the last time I bought a hugely complex and ambitious game that didn't work perfectly from the very start.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Apollo wrote: Wed Sep 30, 2020 5:22 pm Yeah, I can't remember the last time I bought a hugely complex and ambitious game that didn't work perfectly from the very start.
Do piss off, there's a good chap. If you've been following this thread or playing the game you'll know damn well how bad it was at release and how much worse it's got ever since.
I no longer post here.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Yeah it was more stable before they started shoveling patches out the door. Now that the Tour of Japan product launched it is clear that they are aligning development on so many fronts that they can't keep track of the changes. It's nice and all that they want to provide value but they need to stabilize the basic features before adding in even more. We've had behaviors on many aircraft change drastically. And the direction has consistently been working to broken in many cases.

It can't be understatated that they broke the main airliner that comes with the game so badly that you couldn't fly it without arcane work arounds. For example, unless you disabled a graphics option the *battery buttons* in the plane didn't work. How!? The complexity is definitely a factor but also their complete inability to manage it and properly test changes is a real liability. The A320 problems were obvious to me on the first time I tried it. It indicated that absolutely no one tested it before they pushed out a series of changes. That is crazy.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

I just watched a video of my friend doing a quick flight in the Longitude. It fared better than the A320, but as soon as the descent phase started the autopilot, predictably, went bananas yet again. Constant oscillation between 2.5 and 7.5 degrees elevator trim with resultant fluctuations in airspeed. He eventually handed over control to the AI copilot who promptly flew off in some random direction. Christ knows where it thought it was going, but it certainly didn't intend to land at the destination runway.
I no longer post here.
malchior

Post by malchior »

The only way to fly the A320 on autopilot now is by setting VS manually on climb and descent and generous amounts of airbrake. I just did a KLGA / KDCA to try it out. That went fine as long as I manually fine tuned speed/descent rate/etc. but the ATC doesn't know how to deal with the Potomac river approach. You have to gently descend and fly along the river. The whole time ATC was yelling at me about being too high, it never cleared me to land, then of course yelled about not being cleared, etc. It is a challenging airport to be sure but it isn't even close.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Can you program random failures that would have you emergency land at the closest runway or flat area? If you land in a field ,parking lot or road is it considered a crash? This would be a small aircraft like Cessna or Savage Club.

Yes I know Microsoft has already put random failures/bugs in. :D

Did see Target ,Walmart and Amazon lowered the price of deluxe and premium. D $74 P $105
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

UsulofDoom wrote: Thu Oct 01, 2020 11:46 am Can you program random failures that would have you emergency land at the closest runway or flat area?
Apparently this is possible but I haven't tried the failures part of the game. As you point out, it has enough problems already!
If you land in a field ,parking lot or road is it considered a crash? This would be a small aircraft like Cessna or Savage Club.
If you land safely, it's a landing. Your logbook will say "in the vicinity of <wherever>".

But dude, why are you even considering it right now? It's fundamentally broken!
I no longer post here.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

In their latest Q&A Asobo admitted they rushed the updates and caused regressions. At least they aren't blind to the issues anyway. Apparently some of the problems are going to be addressed in "sim update 1" which is due in "early November".
I no longer post here.
malchior

Post by malchior »

So my take on 1.9.3.0 so far. It is much more stable. The approach/waypoint entering CTDs seem to not happen to me anymore. I've completed 6 flights that went pretty much by the book. I did have a CTD puttering around in a SR22 though today. Just clear sky out of the blue CTD. However, frame rates are stable. I did however miss for awhile that Bing Maps had turned themselves off on one flight. I noticed the ground looked ... ridiculous is the only way to describe it. So weird stuff is still happening. However, it is far from the unusable state it was in after the last patch.

The A320 is flyable with a steady hand on the tiller. First off, I'm also using the A32NX mod which significantly helps I believe. The ascent/descent rates are bananas but if you manually tune them you can keep it under control. There is a new bug that makes the elevators non-responsive on climb out after throttling back. That was fun to figure out. My plane had sufficient thrust but not AoA to climb and I just sank into the ground for no reason. The work around is to enable the AP right after gear up. I usually don't like to do that but it is the most stable way right now.

Edit: The AP just tried to fly me into the ground...but luckily the elevators were working! Crash avoided. LOL. The damn thing is so unpredictable. I haven't crashed but I've had enough close calls to say this is ... not in the best shape to say the least. It depends on your tolerance for unnecessary excitement.
Hrdina

Post by Hrdina »

Paradroid wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 4:54 amIt was a total disaster. Firstly, there's a theory floating around that setting AI aircraft to generic will ameliorate some of the "ghost cockpit" issues, so I set that, and started my flight.

In fairness, I didn't have any ghost cockpit issues. But ATC was constantly telling generic this and generic that to change altitudes. Like, all the time. I had to tune it out before I went mad.
I know this post is a bit old, but that ghost cockpit thing was driving me nuts for a few days. I thought the problem was with the DA40 NG and the DA62, but when I read on the forum that making sure generic AI/MP aircraft were enabled fixed some other unrelated problem, I remembered that I had just disabled that feature before things went south.

I was seeing the emergency switch constantly coming on in the DA40, and some electrical stuff not working because I was on the standby battery. the AP wasn't working on the DA62. Both of those things were fixed when I restored generic AI aircraft.

In general I've been having fun with the sim, but I've only been flying GA. From what I've read, the FS SDK simply isn't ready to support complex payware airliners, so you won't be seeing them (good ones at least) for some time.

I really need to upgrade my system to truly enjoy VFR flying, but even with Medium settings and a framerate in the 20s on a good day, it's pretty. I do sometimes see CtD issues, though; always as I'm getting prepared for approach, as others have already noted. I'm kinda waiting for MSFS to get more stable, and for the who GPU situation to become more clear.
Conform or be cast out!
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

I'm glad you're able to at least play. I continue to try once a day, and can't remember the last time I actually completed a flight because I'm still plagued with issues. I try a different combination of options each time, and I seem to find a new bug each time too.
I no longer post here.
UsulofDoom

Post by UsulofDoom »

Well I'm going to give it a shot. You can play standard for free if you get the Microsoft xbos game pass for pc. Pass is $1 for 1st month right now. You can also get the standard for $47 20% off and also on the deluxe and premium to keep without the monthly pass.
If I make a grammar or spelling mistake, PM me. I will correct it. It’s better than you being an asshole!

No one knows the truth, only hypothesis, assumptions, conjectures, speculations, presumptions, guesses and theories.

We are not Gods, but nature. No more than one of many dominate species that will inhabit this planet for a short period of time, on its ever so long journey through the universe.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

May as well give it a try if it will cost you next to nothing. Let us know how you get on.

Maybe I'll give that A320 mod Malchior's been using a try. I hate using mods that are in active, heavy development but at this point I'm willing to try anything. Asobo aren't going to fix anything on their own for at least another month.
I no longer post here.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Paradroid wrote: Tue Oct 06, 2020 5:06 am May as well give it a try if it will cost you next to nothing. Let us know how you get on.

Maybe I'll give that A320 mod Malchior's been using a try. I hate using mods that are in active, heavy development but at this point I'm willing to try anything. Asobo aren't going to fix anything on their own for at least another month.
If you do don't expect the AP to be fixed. Manage climb and descent rates by hand but LOC and APPR modes work. They are playing with it but it sounds like it might need a big upgrade. One other peculiarity is that the way point CTD fix causes significant delay the *first time* it does a WPT lookup or entering SIDs.

I found a weird bug. Using the reverse thrust toggle mode on my HOTAS and increasing the reverse thrusters on landing crashes the plane. If I use the mouse to move the levers...its fine. *Shrug*. It is tons of workarounds for now.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

I've actually been considering training to be a controller on VATSIM to give me something aviation-related to do while Asobo get their shit together. It's just a question of choosing the right region for me. Apparently UK isn't recommended because traffic is so dense, but other regions can be too quiet.
I no longer post here.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

I'm not participating in the Navigraph for MSFS beta (MSFS is enough of a beta all by itself) but the email accompanying AIRAC 2011 has some interesting notes:
Revision 13
Runway surface and lights for non default airports added
Airport COM frequencies and mappings to MSFS ATC added
Minor bug fixes (terminal-procedures, airways etc)
Cycle_info file added into "scenery/fs-base-nav-ng" folder, for manual verification of which AIRAC cycle/revision is installed
Revision 12
General magnetic variation issue fixed
DME arc issue fixed
Revision 11
Magnetic variation issue for all worldwide navaids
ILS centerline alignment
Revision 10
Airways added
Missing airports longitude > 161 degrees fixed, all airports now updated
Revision 9
ILS auto-tune fixed, including the DECEL point issue
Glideslope issue fixed

Fixed wrong magnetic variations
Revision 8
Flightplan issues in world map and flight plans from 3rd party tools such as SimBrief
Revision 7
Fixed approach patterns
Removed double COM-frequencies
Airport update exclusion added to avoid double runways (ie. WSSS, KSAN, KIAH, FSIA, PHNL, ...)
Revision 6
Fixed missing terminal procedures (ie. LEBL, ESSA, KSEA, LIPZ, ...)
Removed double ILS DME navaids (glideslope position)
Revision 5
Fixed CTD for new airports (e.g. LEMG, EDDS)
Start-positions for new airports
DME issues
Revision 3 & 4
Erroneous runway flattening fixed (e.g. Courchevel, Lukla)
Waypoint types now set correctly
Several CTD issues
Revision 2
COM-frequency ranges
Revision 1
Initial setup
(Emphasis mine)

I wonder if that means that using Navigraph will actually fix some of the more egregious autopilot issues that definitely seem to stem from misinterpreting flight plans? Hmm. My Navigraph subscription is still active so I'm very keen to integrate it as soon as the MSFS plugin is out of beta.
I no longer post here.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Right. I actually flew an entire (short) flight in the stock A320 today. I tried a number of workarounds, some of which I've forgotten now but they definitely included:

Turn all airport traffic down to 0. I can't remember why this was suggested, but I did it. Similarly I turned off all AI traffic in the sky too.

Set stick deadzones to 5%. This was suggested on the official forum because of a suspicion that the tiniest movements can override the autopilot and confuse it.

I'm not sure which thing (or combination of things) worked, but the aircraft more or less behaved itself throughout the flight. It followed the flight plan, it climbed and descended reasonably sensibly, and even APPR almost worked. Almost. The aircraft seemed to think that the runway was about 50 yards to the left of where it actually was, so I had to disconnect the autopilot at 1000' in order to get on the correct course in time for landing.

So...considerably better than before. Still needs a lot of work. Irritating to have to use so many workarounds. But maybe now I can start doing some flights for my VA again.
I no longer post here.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

What is the appeal of the game if the autopilot does all the flying?
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:12 am What is the appeal of the game if the autopilot does all the flying?
That's a common - and entirely fair - question and you'll get as many answers as there are people who play these games. Here's my take for what it's worth.

I generally fly airliners, so obviously I will use autopilot the vast majority of the time because a person would go mad hand-flying an airliner on an hours-long flight. The same is true for real pilots. For me, simulations are all about realism. It's the thrill of knowing I'm doing exactly what real pilots do, or as close as can be achieved in the comfort of my own home. Yes there are periods where there's little do; in these cases I'm posting on sim forums or reading about the aircraft I'm flying or airports I'm departing from/landing at, studying the route etc. Not to mention the stuff I'd normally be doing on the internet anyway - I just happen to be "flying" an aircraft at the same time!

If on a multiplayer server, you can of course add in talking to real Human controllers too. And there's lots to do in the cockpit even if you aren't directly controlling the aircraft, although this varies greatly depending on the conditions of the flight and how realistic the simulation you're using is. I spend some time looking for and taking beautiful screenshots too.

Besides all that, a lot of flying of course is general aviation. You can use autopilot on these flights, and I often do, but I just as often don't. For example, I sometimes like to pick a famous landmark in the world, take off in a little Cessna from the nearest airport, and go take a look. I don't usually use autopilot at all on these flights.

Finally, I'll add that some people happily do the really long haul, ten-hour flights. That's too much even for me. My flights are usually never more than two hours long. I typically just fly around Europe, never intercontinental.
I no longer post here.
malchior

Post by malchior »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:12 am What is the appeal of the game if the autopilot does all the flying?
For me it is very analogous to what I focus on in my technical life in some tasks - the question isn't about the AP doing the flying. The AP is automation taking care of otherwise tedious tasks. I manage the things I like: programming the plane, configuring the plane for ascent, taxiing, lining it up and flying through take off, getting it into a stable configuration for ascent, etc. At some point you hand off the task of keep it pointed in a certain direction at a certain speed so you can focus on other tasks (monitor airplane systems, weather, radio comms, etc.) When you get into the vicinity of the destination it helps manage the descent. And the AP can in some cases land the plane. I don't do that since it basically drops the plane on the runway like a rock but the important thing is that if you are flying solo the workload is just too high to do everything yourself. Even with a co-pilot the AP still would be an important part of the workload management. There is a lot going on.
RunningMn9

Post by RunningMn9 »

Paradroid wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 10:52 am For example, I sometimes like to pick a famous landmark in the world, take off in a little Cessna from the nearest airport, and go take a look. I don't usually use autopilot at all on these flights.
To clarify, my question was genuine, not intended to be a slight towards those that did it. When I play flight sims, what you describe here is the only thing I've ever done. I tried to manually fly an airliner from LA to SF, and it is was maddening. But at the same time if the autopilot was doing the flying, I don't have any idea what I'd be doing.

malchior mentioned programming the plane. What? I feel like I'm missing 95% of what these sims would let me do, and I don't even know it because I have no idea what the crap I'm doing.

Take off from Morristown airport and find my car in the parking lot of the army installation I work at? Check. Fly over my neighborhood? Check. Fly around interesting places in the world? Check.

Program my plane? I can do that? How do I do that? :)
And in banks across the world
Christians, Moslems, Hindus, Jews
And every other race, creed, colour, tint or hue
Get down on their knees and pray
The raccoon and the groundhog neatly
Make up bags of change
But the monkey in the corner
Well he's slowly drifting out of range
malchior

Post by malchior »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:54 pm malchior mentioned programming the plane. What? I feel like I'm missing 95% of what these sims would let me do, and I don't even know it because I have no idea what the crap I'm doing.

Take off from Morristown airport and find my car in the parking lot of the army installation I work at? Check. Fly over my neighborhood? Check. Fly around interesting places in the world? Check.

Program my plane? I can do that? How do I do that? :)
By programming I mean entering flight plan/flight parameters into the flight management system/computer (aka FMS/FMC). So turn on the power to the plane and you'll get a blank FMS that has no flight plan loaded. You can certainly take off and fly it around but the autopilot will have no idea where you want to go. There are work flows to program the plane by telling it where you are and where you are going, then enter nav waypoints that the plane will follow along a path along the way. You can also program how the plane departs the origin airport, how it approaches the destination airport, and ultimately what runway you are going to land on. Beyond that navigation stuff there is flight configuration information like the weight of the plane, center of gravity, fuel loaded, etc to be entered potentially. It gets complicated fast but there are tons of Youtube videos to watch.

That said, you absolutely don't have to do this. In MSFS2020, you can choose a start/destination in the menus and have them pick a flight path for you and it'll autoload for you. You can drop in to the sim on a runway, push the throttle forward and take off. You can get it stable and hit autopilot and it'll get you there. It just is a matter of how 'real' you want to shoot for.

Here is an example of a good tutorial for MSFS2020. - This guy also often livestreams flights and talks through the processes he uses.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

RunningMn9 wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 1:54 pm To clarify, my question was genuine, not intended to be a slight towards those that did it. When I play flight sims, what you describe here is the only thing I've ever done. I tried to manually fly an airliner from LA to SF, and it is was maddening. But at the same time if the autopilot was doing the flying, I don't have any idea what I'd be doing.
I didn't take it as a slight, no worries mate!

Malchior covered it pretty well. Yeah, the FMC is a whole game in itself. Currently the MSFS FMCs are crap but you can still do some stuff with them. When the first serious payware airliners come out we'll all be reading manuals and watching tutorials again. :D

I forgot to mention, a lot of people make more of a game out of it by flying in virtual airlines, doing group tours etc. And there are also some economy sims like OnAir, which simulates running a small airline and is realistic enough that you have to plan your flights such that you'll be able to refuel at the airports that offer the option, and so on.
I no longer post here.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Paradroid wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:47 pmMalchior covered it pretty well. Yeah, the FMC is a whole game in itself. Currently the MSFS FMCs are crap but you can still do some stuff with them. When the first serious payware airliners come out we'll all be reading manuals and watching tutorials again. :D
BTW this reminds me that an intern slipped in a fix to Missed Approaches. I found out during a broken AP moment, the AP decided to stop descending in the middle of an APPR. I got into troubleshooting it, decided the responsible thing would be to abort, so I pushed TOGA. I for once bothered to radio in the Missed Approach. It picked it up and vectored me around again. Progress!
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

malchior wrote: Sat Oct 10, 2020 2:57 pm I for once bothered to radio in the Missed Approach. It picked it up and vectored me around again. Progress!
Wow. That has never, ever worked for me. Even requesting a different flight plan has never worked for me.
I no longer post here.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Paradroid wrote: Fri Oct 09, 2020 6:09 amI'm not sure which thing (or combination of things) worked, but the aircraft more or less behaved itself throughout the flight. It followed the flight plan, it climbed and descended reasonably sensibly, and even APPR almost worked. Almost. The aircraft seemed to think that the runway was about 50 yards to the left of where it actually was, so I had to disconnect the autopilot at 1000' in order to get on the correct course in time for landing.

So...considerably better than before. Still needs a lot of work. Irritating to have to use so many workarounds. But maybe now I can start doing some flights for my VA again.
Might be an issue some people are reporting with offset ILS.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

OK I wish I'd tried the A320 mod a lot sooner now. It's so much better than the stock aircraft! Apparently there's a community mod for the 747 as well so I guess I'll try that one too.

Anyway, I'm managing to work around the game's many issues, more or less, but the one bug that's driving me absolutely mental is a complete loss of the ability to pitch the nose up on approach. I can pitch down, just not up. The only thing that "unlocks" it is selecting TOGA, which is obviously the last thing you want to do on final! As a consequence my landings are...not great right now. In real life they'd probably cause damage to the aircraft. Nothing I can do about it though.

Oh, I also got yet another CTD earlier today, too. After landing but before arriving at the gate. :roll:
I no longer post here.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Today is patch day, god help us. This is the first game I've ever had where I've dreaded the latest patch. That's not a good look for Asobo.

Anyway. Tried to fly two flights last night; both ended with CTD after about 15 minutes. Better than when on final I suppose...
I no longer post here.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

Partial patch notes:
  • A320: Landing gear moved to top of fuselage
  • Autopilot: Replaced by Virtual Otto
  • All airports: Runways rotated 90 degrees
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:01 pm All airports: Runways rotated 90 degrees
That's closer to the truth than you might think; the game is plagued with nav data issues.

In other news, as usual I am totally failing to install the patch. It's 2GB. I must have downloaded somewhere between 100-200GB by now, and still no fucking patch. What a pile of garbage.
I no longer post here.
Blackhawk

Post by Blackhawk »

I've been following along, waiting for the day they fix things. They made a great world simulator. They just need to program a sim to go over it. In the meantime I wish they'd just put in a free camera and let us explore. At least it wouldn't have to land!
(˙pǝsɹǝʌǝɹ uǝǝq sɐɥ ʎʇıʌɐɹƃ ʃɐuosɹǝd ʎW)
Isgrimnur

Post by Isgrimnur »

Paradroid wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:12 pm
Blackhawk wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:01 pm All airports: Runways rotated 90 degrees
That's closer to the truth than you might think; the game is plagued with nav data issues.
He meant on the long axis.
It's almost as if people are the problem.
Unagi

Post by Unagi »

Blackhawk wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:27 pm I've been following along, waiting for the day they fix things. They made a great world simulator. They just need to program a sim to go over it. In the meantime I wish they'd just put in a free camera and let us explore. At least it wouldn't have to land!
I've seen people (youtube) do that with the drone - (I guess the key is to map it to a xbox controller) - there is no limit to how far it can go away from your plane.
malchior

Post by malchior »

I finally got around to 1.9.5.0 yesterday and flew a test Virtual Airline flight. It went ok. They did break some MCDU stuff in the A320 again. I mean if you improve one thing you have to break another. It is practically the Asobo way! :)

Anyway, now you can't enter the ZFWCG data cleanly. It requires a workaround that sort of works. Then again no one is really sure if it actually does anything so...call it a wash. I credit the A32NX mod team for keeping me sane. If I was flying stock I would have probably shelved it for awhile.

I also tried out Self-loading Cargo which works mostly pretty well. It is a standalone program that simulates the airline experience including flight attendants, passengers, in-plane announcements, etc. It gives you feedback like a customer satisfaction score. It is a great little plug-in for about 13 euros. It is early access and has some peculiarities but it is an awesome addition to the simulator.

I'm also about to try the Navigraph Beta NavData because I'm getting tired of the NavBlue stuff being ... just out of date. They aren't even close to the correct procedures. I just installed it and will give it a run today. Even though there is a lot of duct tape, the community is really digging in because the sandbox is top-notch.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

Yeah I can't wait for the Navigraph plugin to come out of beta. Any indication how long it will be? I'm not willing to beta test it but I'll use it the moment it's considered ready. It's hard to believe the Navblue data come from Airbus, because they're awful. Or it could just be the way Asobo have implemented them. :D

Re: ZFWCG in the A320NX. I don't usually use this because, hey, the flight model isn't accurate yet so who cares? :D But I believe you can press the soft key once without entering a value, and a value will pre-populate on the scratchpad. Then press the softkey again to enter it. Just like revising the Vspeeds.
I no longer post here.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Paradroid wrote: Fri Oct 16, 2020 11:19 am Yeah I can't wait for the Navigraph plugin to come out of beta. Any indication how long it will be? I'm not willing to beta test it but I'll use it the moment it's considered ready. It's hard to believe the Navblue data come from Airbus, because they're awful. Or it could just be the way Asobo have implemented them. :D
They haven't indicated on the forum. I'll say that it works and works well. I don't know if there is a good reason to wait. All they do is drop a folder in your community packages. It
Re: ZFWCG in the A320NX. I don't usually use this because, hey, the flight model isn't accurate yet so who cares? :D But I believe you can press the soft key once without entering a value, and a value will pre-populate on the scratchpad. Then press the softkey again to enter it. Just like revising the Vspeeds.
Yeah - it'll autopopulate. And you can change the ZFW portion but the CG portion is fixed. Nothing I enter works. I'll just ignore it. The upshot is it is mostly stable. I have had cases where the frame rate has dropped into single digits but haven't had major CTDs in a while now.
Paradroid

Post by Paradroid »

malchior wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:58 am I have had cases where the frame rate has dropped into single digits but haven't had major CTDs in a while now.
Have you tried disabling the VFR map from the hotbar? I don't think I've even dropped below 20fps since I did that, even approaching large airports.
I no longer post here.
malchior

Post by malchior »

Paradroid wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 10:44 am
malchior wrote: Sat Oct 17, 2020 9:58 am I have had cases where the frame rate has dropped into single digits but haven't had major CTDs in a while now.
Have you tried disabling the VFR map from the hotbar? I don't think I've even dropped below 20fps since I did that, even approaching large airports.
Yeah apparently there is a PFD bug causing some of the frame rate issues but they are rare. I just flew out of KLGA and NY didn't slow me down much like it did at launch.