Hades

If it's a video game it goes here.

Moderators: LawBeefaroni, Arcanis, $iljanus

coopasonic

Re: Hades

Post by coopasonic »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:22 pm Still hadn't even beat any of the furies with the bow at that point.
Pretty sure the bow was my first weapon to take down the first two bosses. It may be my favorite.

I haven't played in over a week now. :oops:
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:24 pm
LordMortis wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:22 pm Still hadn't even beat any of the furies with the bow at that point.
Pretty sure the bow was my first weapon to take down the first two bosses. It may be my favorite.

I haven't played in over a week now. :oops:
That's the difference between having coordination for these types of games and just spazzing on buttons, I guess.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Daehawk wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:19 pm Hades completed in a 7 minute speedrun

https://www.gamesradar.com/hades-speedr ... 7-minutes/
Doing it with the gun :shock: . That is the one weapon I cant get a handle on. All others I have cleared the game at least 4 times with, the gun I am sitting at 1 and a ton of failure attempts.

I have unlocked almost everything at this point though, including almost all the house cosmetics except the music stuff. Point of interest, some of the cosmetics do serve purposes. The fish tank keeps track of the number of fish you have caught (useful for at least one quest) the harp is used for a quest and the scrying pool keeps track of your number of runs.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Lordnine wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 12:57 pm the harp is used for a quest
Before I set the game down, I had practiced that damned lyre between dozens of runs trying to "learn and practice the lyre" I assume one of two characters will eventually reveal something to me. I haven't gotten to the point where I've given Ambrosia to either and their story-lines are still ticking forward.

I like the gun. I didn't at first but I eventually got a good rhythm with the special and it's the one weapon I can do well with where I don't feel like I'm reduced to button mashing until everything is dead.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Man, Meg commented that I'm not better than she is, because I always beat her with mirror help. So I turned off all mirror upgrades and have now had 6 runs past Tartarus with... zero Meg sightings.

Curses!

You could say...

...you could say I'm Fury-ous.
Freyland

Post by Freyland »

Also Fury-less, but yours is better.
Sims 3 and signature unclear.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:31 pm Man, Meg commented that I'm not better than she is, because I always beat her with mirror help. So I turned off all mirror upgrades and have now had 6 runs past Tartarus with... zero Meg sightings.

Curses!

You could say...

Is that for personal satisfaction or did the fates say something? Meg had said that to me a long time ago (and to Nix as well), and story-line response was 'meh'.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

LordMortis wrote: Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:07 am
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Oct 07, 2020 2:31 pm Man, Meg commented that I'm not better than she is, because I always beat her with mirror help. So I turned off all mirror upgrades and have now had 6 runs past Tartarus with... zero Meg sightings.

Curses!

You could say...

Is that for personal satisfaction or did the fates say something? Meg had said that to me a long time ago (and to Nix as well), and story-line response was 'meh'.
She will say something if I best her without upgrades.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

The Boon stacking in this game can get really fun. Over lunch, I kicked Hades' ass with the Adamant Rail, with the Aspect of
Spoiler:
Lucifer
...and boy was that fun. Even out of the box, that Aspect is cool. But by the end of the run, I had it upgraded such that the special inflicted a pulsing Chill, and my dash also Chilled. My cast had a Duo Boon so that it exploded into Festive Fog that also inflicted Chill. Oh, and another pair of Boons made it so Chill-afflicted enemies deteriorated and also shattered at 10% health, inflicting Chill on their neighbors. Between all that and the Rail's main attack which in this case ramps up damage, I was able to run around tossing around Chill bombs and Chill puffs, and then whenever an enemy would stand still for a sec, I'd layer on the main attack. Was super-fun and I nearly beat my time record despite the Heat.

I have come to enjoy the Mirror upgrade that lets me alter Boon choices rather than door choices. Really helps get a specific or collaborative build going.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

I got the True Ending Epilogue tonight. I like it. Apparently I am one of only 1.1% of players to have done it. It took 71 hours. :shock:

Some spoilers in case anyone wants to see some of the interactions but doesn't have the patience to do it themselves.
Spoiler:
In short, you basically need to reach top reputation with all (or most) of the gods, then you need to encounter them once more to give them an invite. Then they all come to the underworld and have a party.

Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Enlarge Image
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Awesome. I'm over that play time but haven't yet gotten there. Probably because I've been spending most of my reputation libations on Underworld folks.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

and I finally escaped Elysium on attempt number 25... Theseus and the minotaur cost me all my lives (sold my soul -- and my call, to refresh them). I hate that fight. I lost the last life in a side tunnel and never got to encounter dad.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:32 am Probably because I've been spending most of my reputation libations on Underworld folks.
Spoiler:
I have three companions unlocked and I think Achilles is about to unlock a fourth if he ever recognizes that I redid his contract.

I've spent a lot of nectar upgrading into diamonds so I could move on contractor stuff to advance my game so I've barely scratched gifting the Olympus Gods. I've also spent most of my Ambrosia upgrading companions, so it's going to be a while.

I'm OK with that.
I don't doubt I'm over 71 hours. I put the game down after it ate a weekend it shouldn't have and not to mention as progress has slowed. I did manage to beat the Hydra with the Bow. I think I'm on 3 heat with both the sword and the Aegis, which suggests after I settled in, that those two are the easiest for me.

I enjoy myself futzing around, working on the Fates stuff. When I get home tonight I hope to finish a run with the lesser defy death mirror bonus. That will finish out my mirror Fate bonus/quest thinkingie. I'm still wondering where the trigger to master the Lyre is from, though I'm getting better. I seem to play chords now. I practice between every mission. I'll be damned if I can ever get Chaos' legendary item. So much so that I think I'm giving up on their trinket to try and help. I pretty much adore Hermes trinket. It's not a one area trinket, so an excellent Tartarus run can get your +7% dodge, which then just grows. The only sad part is that its bonus doesn't seem to grow in the Satyr area but by then a good run might see you at close +20% dodge.

Not sure how long it will hold my attention. Probably not to get to the true ending. But who knows?
Daveman

Post by Daveman »

Hello, I'm Daveman and I'm a Hades addict.

Can't really add anything to other comments besides saying this game is excellent. I love the entire "Sure you're dead but now you get to play through again and experience new options and synergies to see how they work out" aspect of the game.

I finally took down Hades last night, also around attempt 26 I think. Theseus and the Minotaur felt like they took a lot longer to beat than they should have. It was getting pretty frustrating at a point but now I handle them pretty easily. I've been focused on upgrading the trinkets and fulfilling prophecies so I have made some decisions favoring that vs. just beating the game so I'm partly to blame.

My current run is a crazy Sword build. It's great at the usual dash-attack spam but I mostly use my cast. I got a few Chaos upgrades that buff cast damage, and granted me a 4th cast. Cast itself is the Artemis upgrade that's auto-aiming and simply buffs damage a lot and increases crit chance. With the +30% damage for distant targets trinket it's nuts. For mobs I rarely use the sword... just spam cast and things die. I just entered Styx and am hoping to get the upgrade that makes the cast shards or whatever drop faster so I can just spam Hades with it from afar.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Daveman wrote: Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:46 pm I just entered Styx and am hoping to get the upgrade that makes the cast shards or whatever drop faster so I can just spam Hades with it from afar.
Good luck with that... Or I might be speaking from ill ability to do anything other than run headlong in to fights... Stupid bow...

I did have one run that gave me 2 extra casts for a total of 5 and getting five shards stuck in Hades was a nice bonus.

Hermes has a lot of spell bonus stuff, and the cast legendary for each mode of cast is much easier to get when you use his feather.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Finished on 6 heat today with the Zeus shield. Probably could have been 10 heat easily with the build I wound up with. The special, cast, and my call all inflicted decaying chill. I beat Theseus and the Bull in about 45 seconds and Hades was not even competitive.

I really like that Dionysus-Demeter cast combo. Since it's fog, no line of sight is required. I was able to keep hitting bosses from behind cover.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Dionysus-Demeter
I'm a big fan of that combo and stuff that reduces damage/increases dodge, so much so, I tend to hold off on cast to see if I can get Trippy Shot from Dionysous on most runs as it is both integral to higher level Dion skills and is part of several Dou skills and, in general, Chill + Hangover is just the most effective dual curse that I've paid attention to. I'd been trying to figure out how to stack critical from weapons/Heremes/Artemes/etc... but I just can't come up with anything good. Chill/Hangover (and trippy shot) gives me a little more control over playing spaz.
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Reading other’s experiences, I think I just need to admit this game is beyond my meager skill level. Even with God Mode on (I’m currently at 48% damage resist), I’ve only made it Hades twice and haven’t come anywhere near beating him yet. I’ve only made it to Styx three times, dying there once and getting lucky the other two times.

The first and third bosses always utterly destroy me. I’m lucky if I get past the first without losing a life, and rarely make it past the third. Oddly, I have very little trouble with the second. I’m just...not very good. :oops:
When darkness veils the world, four Warriors of Light shall come.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:22 am The first and third bosses always utterly destroy me. I’m lucky if I get past the first without losing a life, and rarely make it past the third. Oddly, I have very little trouble with the second. I’m just...not very good. :oops:
If it makes you feel any better, I've never even seen Hades and have only been to the staging area once (and lost my last life there).

I think a big part of my challenge is that I lack patience, but more addressable than that is that I insist on taking any fated choices regardless of their usefulness in my current run. That's a problem that should solve itself eventually as there are only so many options. I'm also always taking the weapon with the bonus darkness so I am constantly switching weapons. In summary my experience is largely self-sabotage.
Skinypupy wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:22 am The first and third bosses always utterly destroy me. I’m lucky if I get past the first without losing a life, and rarely make it past the third. Oddly, I have very little trouble with the second. I’m just...not very good. :oops:
The second boss is certainly the easiest. The first and third are defined by chaos, the second is simple by comparison.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 10:48 am I think a big part of my challenge is that I lack patience, but more addressable than that is that I insist on taking any fated choices regardless of their usefulness in my current run. That's a problem that should solve itself eventually as there are only so many options. I'm also always taking the weapon with the bonus darkness so I am constantly switching weapons. In summary my experience is largely self-sabotage.
I did/do that too, but then I put in a lot more hours than you did. I don't think my handling of controls will ever be that good but I think it would get better than the horrible I am now if I didn't always choose the darkness bonus.... However, the darkness bonus led to a better mirror which leads to more success, so...
The second boss is certainly the easiest. The first and third are defined by chaos, the second is simple by comparison.
First run is the easiest by design I think. The first boss isn't too hard HTH spazzing on the controls. With adam rail gun and a loaded special, range isn't too bad either.

The second boss is actually easier, especially if your Call is already up and running but... for me I dash into fire so much, hit so much lobbed explosions, and the Medusa and/or witches can be totally brutal, so I always hit Lernie severely wounded, and often find myself cursing at wasting a Death Defiance.

My spazzy successes with the third bosses seems to always be kill the Minotaur as quickly as you can and then weather the storms from Theseus, trying desperately to keep enough control of my dashing spaz to try and point at him, get behind, attack, repeat... It gets pretty embarrassing to myself when dashing and pointed away from him, half way across the arena. I try to tell myself it's to avoid his calls. :oops:
Spoiler:
The Furies, Lernie, and the upgraded witches become trivial with no heat (except for with that stupid bow) when you unlock companions. Specifically, Dusa's companion came to me very early. I have no idea what story chain made it happen. Dusa's companion at the outset of each of those three fights, (Lernie being optional depending on your health when you enter and if you have a good call/defense) will get you through fights fairly easy. Trisophene?, in particular goes down in seconds. The battle time is shorter than the Mrrr... interludes. I always save a Dusa for Thesesus and the Minotaur. There has never been a quick win for me there. They are the reason I tend to build heavier defense runs instead of offensive runs. I have to endure their attacks.
I can't speak to anyone else's success/failure but you need a good method for third stage or you are doomed to ugliness at the mulitple mini-bosses of the next stage. I have gone in wiped on them before getting to the 4th boss on many runs. :oops: which reminds me, do most people endure the persistent damage or do they fight through it? I don't have the dexterity and presence of mind to disengage and drink from a well while fighting. :oops:
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:22 am Reading other’s experiences, I think I just need to admit this game is beyond my meager skill level. Even with God Mode on (I’m currently at 48% damage resist), I’ve only made it Hades twice and haven’t come anywhere near beating him yet. I’ve only made it to Styx three times, dying there once and getting lucky the other two times.

The first and third bosses always utterly destroy me. I’m lucky if I get past the first without losing a life, and rarely make it past the third. Oddly, I have very little trouble with the second. I’m just...not very good. :oops:
Prioritize the mirror upgrades that give you bonus lives and extra damage when hitting an opponent from behind. Skelly's charm can also be a life saver (literally) before you get many upgrades. Don't equip it until at least Elysium. I suggest practicing with the Shield. If you are holding the charge attack button you can not take damage from the front. Wait until you have an opening, charge through the enemy, hit them a couple times in the back, then go back to holding your charge. If you can get Athena's dash skill you can add an extra invulnerability frame into this combo. Artemis is another high value god in that she can greatly increase your damage. Damage on attack, on Crit, and also fire a random arrow when you do anything are all really strong skills.

I've also discovered an overpowered combo for getting through Styx. You want Poseidon's cast and his boon that makes hitting enemies into walls create a wave. Cast at an enemy near a wall and the resulting chain reactions will often clear the entire room with a single cast.
Last edited by Lordnine on Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:03 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Theseus and the Bull have gotten pretty easy for me. I actually focus on Theseus first because the Bull is a breeze by himself. I find the Furies the most difficult because they're quick.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Zaxxon wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 1:01 pm Theseus and the Bull have gotten pretty easy for me. I actually focus on Theseus first because the Bull is a breeze by himself. I find the Furies the most difficult because they're quick.
but the Bull goes down so much easier, I take him on first.

The furies aren't a problem for me but then I've got 2 of my weapons are at 0 heat, 2 are at 1 heat, one is at 3, and one is at 4. I throw in FIDI (I think. Is it a spoiler if the reader has no idea what FIDI is) before the battle even begins and it's over pretty quick. As I said before, for Trisiphone(?) spends more time resetting the battle field twice than we actually spend in combat. "murder" FIDI, cast, cast, cast, spaz attack for like one second, reset, cast, cast, cast, spaz attack for like one second, reset, cast, cast, cast, spaz attack for like one second "mrr", room collect, quick double take to see if 15 gold is laying around, stairs.

I once took the heat where bosses get a bonus. I won't spoil it, but the Furies were a bit more difficult.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Not only beat the duo with the bow tonight but went on to take Hades down. I got lucky with a weapon that changed the powershot into a non charging shot, so I could treat the bow like a melee spaz weapon. :oops: I intentionally went Artemes/Athena and for the first time ever my critical damage build attempt worked.

Now I just have to beat Hades with the spear. It's actually a very easy weapon until Hades and then I just get a good rhythm on him. Probably because the crazy effective spin attack every where else, is just too slow to weather his punches. I think my next run, I'll start with Athena and then see if I can add a Dionysys Detemer combo in.

I also still have the goal of getting a good enough vibe to be finish with the Death Defiance once a room instead of stacking 3 at the end dark ablity. I try every so often and I really need at least two death defiance to beat Hades (Skelly's isn't a good enough 2nd defiance).
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

So, I made it to Hades for the fourth time today. Was able to refill my Death Defiance charges so I had my max health bar, plus one charge. Felt like I had a good mix of skills this time.

We battled, and I slowly but surely whittled him down. Had to use my last Death Defiance charge when he was down to about 1/3 heath. It came right down to the end...Hades with a sliver of health and me down to my last 8 HP remaining. I dash around behind him, strike the final blow, let out a victory cry, and...

OH COME ON!!!!
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

:mrgreen:
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:59 pm OH COME ON!!!!
Kick in the nuts.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

There's a final form meme in here somewhere...
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:00 am
Kick in the nuts.
Just wait, if you turn on max boss difficulties with the pledge of pain he gets a third....
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

Lordnine wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:09 am
LordMortis wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:00 am
Kick in the nuts.
Just wait, if you turn on max boss difficulties with the pledge of pain he gets a third....
Zaxxon wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:13 am There's a final form meme in here somewhere...
:ninja:
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

Skinypupy wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 11:59 pm So, I made it to Hades for the fourth time today. Was able to refill my Death Defiance charges so I had my max health bar, plus one charge. Felt like I had a good mix of skills this time.

We battled, and I slowly but surely whittled him down. Had to use my last Death Defiance charge when he was down to about 1/3 heath. It came right down to the end...Hades with a sliver of health and me down to my last 8 HP remaining. I dash around behind him, strike the final blow, let out a victory cry, and...

OH COME ON!!!!
I knew that was coming and it didn't make my defeat any better.

I was actually doing really well. I had a boon that gave me a damage boost of 5% of my gold.... and around 700 gold. I don't really know what happened in Styx, used the anvil and... somehow ended up with the boon where you trade 60% of your health for +2 health gain per hit. That was ok because I had 275 health, which reduced to 110 but I was using sword with 30% attack boost so I was staying full health through Styx. I had the skelly death defiance remaining and when your max health is 110, coming back with 100 health is fine.

Anyway, moral of the story, don't get sloppy when you're close to victory, take your time and make it count. Second form at under 10% and I took 3 20 point hits in pretty quick succession and it was all over. Not even new attacks or anything, just stuff I had been more careful about until that point.

Ugh.

I'm going to beat that guy.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:15 am take your time and make it count.
That is not my experience. Spaz on pushing buttons where you generally aim stay behind him. Collect cast crystals when he declares "darkness", back off when he is impervious, learn how to hide briefly when you see rays of light coming. The one thing you want to make count every time if you can is Calls. Know your call and know if you want to hit at one bar or wait until it is full. Time your calls so as not waste them when he is impervious or in/about to go in darkness. (usually, I shoot for just after he comes out darkness)

This is why it always takes me to death defiance. Honestly, if weren't for me keeping FIDI in my pocket, I'd find some of the Satyr finales to be more difficult than hades. Before FIDI, I've wiped with four Death Defiances in some of those false final rooms.

[walking out of river of blood]
Ugh.

I'm going to beat that guy.
[/walking out of river of blood]
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

LordMortis wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:25 am That is not my experience. Spaz on pushing buttons where you generally aim stay behind him. Collect cast crystals when he declares "darkness", back off when he is impervious, learn how to hide briefly when you see rays of light coming. The one thing you want to make count every time if you can is Calls. Know your call and know if you want to hit at one bar or wait until it is full. Time your calls so as not waste them when he is impervious or in/about to go in darkness. (usually, I shoot for just after he comes out darkness)
This is one of the things that frustrates me most about Hades (both the game and that particular boss fight).

With the exception of my last run, by the time I even get to him I'm beaten up, I usually have less than one life left, it's taken me 45 minutes to get there, and he wipes me pretty quickly. I don't even really have time to figure out his strategies and no way to practice and get better because it's so rare that I even get to him.

I know that's just a function of the game and I probably should just skip roguelikes entirely if I don't like it, but it's still frustrating. I know some enjoy that journey of getting incrementally better, but I'm not sure I'm really one of them.

Still, I've put at least 20 hours into Hades, so something is obviously working...despite me feeling like I constantly want to bash my head against the wall.
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

I'd recommend practicing not getting beaten up first. :)

Pithy as it sounds, you really should be getting through most levels without taking a hit. If not, that lack of defense skill is definitely making your boss battles harder than they need to be.
coopasonic

Post by coopasonic »

It all goes to hell in the third region where the damn butterfly balls live (and the firewheels)... and the archer/lancer->ghost->lancer->ghost->lancer... while the pink butterfly ball continues to ruin your day. That's my personal nightmare... It used to be the ghostly mages in the second region with their magic spam, but deflect solves that easily enough. I don't have an answer to the butterfly thing. Yeah I also don't know what they are called.

edit: Soul Catchers... I hate them enough to want to know what they are called.

a...nd from the wiki page: An armored Soul Catcher guarded by elite Exalted warriors appears as a miniboss encounter in Elysium.

Yeah, THAT.
-Coop
Black Lives Matter
Skinypupy

Post by Skinypupy »

Zaxxon wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:40 am Pithy as it sounds, you really should be getting through most levels without taking a hit.
This is a solid reminder of how spectacularly bad my gaming skills are. :lol:
Zaxxon
Forum Moderator

Post by Zaxxon »

coopasonic wrote: Wed Oct 14, 2020 11:44 am It all goes to hell in the third region where the damn butterfly balls live (and the firewheels)... and the archer/lancer->ghost->lancer->ghost->lancer... while the pink butterfly ball continues to ruin your day. That's my personal nightmare... It used to be the ghostly mages in the second region with their magic spam, but deflect solves that easily enough. I don't have an answer to the butterfly thing. Yeah I also don't know what they are called.
They are 'those butterfly fuckers' to me. I take them out using double-dash to run through the butterflies, attack until they move, then dash away again.

And that is one area that I do take some damage.

The regenerating ghosts used to get me until I stopped spazzing out. The archers are really the only ones that present a problem because they attack from afar. But you'll see a target on you just before they fire. Dash when you see those. The other iterations can be pretty well dodged, then backstabbed.

When they go ghost, I focus on the ghosts.
LordMortis

Post by LordMortis »

A few things.

1) 20 hours was little for me. My game improved in no small part because my darkness improved, my trinket collection improved, and my understanding of boons interaction and chamber progression improved (and then other things later). Compared to me, 20 hours of slow progress doesn't mean you suck, it just means you're impatient for reward/story system to take it's course. Now compared to Lordnine and Zaxxon, you suck. I'm glad I don't compare myself to them, otherwise I'd get no enjoyment from this (or that other game that led me here...)

2) WRT butterflies, prioritize them when you can, use your boons to your benefit. Deflect their attack, disintegrate their attack, knock them in to traps. Know your weapon and your boon. Don't use a stupid bow. WRT to the big butterfly ball you hit in one of the skull marked boon rooms. You should know it's coming (or the bull fight) before you get in the room. Either way, the answer is throw you casts, B-line to it,, stay standing next to it, and you use your best whatever to take it down quickly ignoring everything else. As far as I know all the other critters will keep creating until the butterfly ball goes down and they will stop creating once you take it down. It doesn't do anything but stand there and your attacks mostly kill the butterflies between you and the ball.

3) Finally I don't tend to worry about leaving Elysium hurt. I bank on seeing Patroculus.
Lordnine

Post by Lordnine »

This is a little bit of a spoiler, but a couple of the items can really help you out for surviving the final boss. To get them give a nectar to the corresponding character. Level the item up by completing rooms with it equipped.

Skelly = A 100 point life bar death defiance. While you are still learning the game, this is huge. This item got me past Hades the first few times.
Achilles Bracer = 30% less damage taken from the front + 10% from the back. Unless you screw up this is great way to tank your way through bosses and most fights.
Megaera Earing = 140% bonus damage with everything while below 30% health. This is amazing if you have 3 death defiance going into the final fight.

Also, my typical first pick is the Coin Purse from Hypnos. Starting your run with 150 free coins means you basically get one extra boon. Swap it out after the first area since once you get the gold it does nothing else.